FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Wakfu classes. Are they races or different faiths?

By DanHember - MEMBER - January 05, 2013, 08:07:57

I've been thinking about this for a while and have been talking to others about this. Are the classes of wakfu races of people or is it just the gods changing them into their different looks based on worship? I think its races.

0 0
Reactions 11
Score : 2734

From my understanding.

All the classes are devoted to their own "God" I just dont have the details of the lore.

Rogue/Masq/Fogg Do not have their own specfic god but I think does follow a faith respectively(not to sure)

0 0
Score : 1252

I think its both, cause the faith distinction differentiates iops and say cras but the race definitly comes in between those two and like pandas or ecas

0 0
Score : 2380

I think their races that follow a certain god because they are that race, so both.

0 0
Score : 4362

It's the gods/goddess incarnating them into their form based on which god or goddess they follow. Each class name is the name of the god or goddess and you play as one of their disciples. The only thing that deviates from this are the sub-classes such as Rogues, masqueraides, Foggernaughts, and whatever else they come up with. But those sub-classes also follow one of the Twelve gods and goddesses, just a different aspect of them.

0 0
Score : 207

So a bigger question would be what class will the baby be from the union of two different classes? In the Wakfu anime it is shown that Miranda is pregnant with Kabrok's baby at the end. An osa and a eca. Do you guys think that the baby would become one of their classes purely or possibly retain some of the other classes skills? Basically if the baby turned out to be an osa could the baby have some eca skills or only have osa skills?

0 0
Score : 1273

Hmm, I think they haven't been too clear in this regard, even on the Dofus lore. They just specifically talk about disciples of each god/goddess, and they talk of inhabitants of the World of Twelve. Also, both in Dofus and Wakfu, the players seem to take the role of newly-incarnated souls, who had just begun existing, thus why the reason we start in Incarnam.

Deepening the mystery, it seems like, say, someone (ab)using temporal magic is considered a Xelor for example, even if Nox on the series is clear that his powers come from a different source (The Eliacube instead of God Xelor). Also, on the series, we see Sadida and Osamodas children, which I think it implies they were born like that, instead of "becoming" like that. Perhaps only newly-incarnated souls have such a choice, and any of their descendants will also be considered disciples of the same deity? huh Which yes, I do wonder how Miranda and Kabrok's child would look like.

Also, Rogues, (The original) Foggernauts and Masqueraiders follow Sram, Osamodas under the aspect of Oktapodas and are under the protection of Sadida, respectively. So even the new classes are in a way disciples of the Twelve.

0 0
Score : 2380

Well to make sense of it, I've decided that when the world of 12 didn't have any people the first people were incarnated there and from then on out it is a pretty rare occourence that people are incarnated via incarnem. Nobody question it it took me a long time to think about it in a way that didn't confuse me more.

0 0
Score : 18199

Hm I don't play it much, but can't you be parents/create a baby in Dofus? You'd think they'd put more into the lore or information about the blending of classes? Or do you have to be the same class to produce a baby in Dofus? Or did I read wrong info somewhere?

0 0
Score : 21631

whats an enu baby look like? xelor babies: iddy biddy mummies?

0 0
Score : 8303

What I read is depending on the level of their faith they grow up to look more to the likeness of their god as they age. So they're not born that way.

As an example. Nox is a Xelor. But in the wakfu animated short containing Nox's backstory. he doesn't look like a Xelor, at all! He looks like a normal human. This is because before he found the Eliacube Nox had virtually no talent in Xelor magic! After he became talented at it he started to look more like the Xelor he is in the rest of the animated series.

When they show a scene from his childhood in the cartoon, Ruel, who is an enutrof, also looks like a normal child (albeit with white hair),

As others said There are also Masquaraders, Rogue's, and Foggernauts, who have an attiude of athiesm or agnosticism, and don't have much faith. But they're protected by a few gods themselves .

Technically though, any class can become a Masqueraider if they find a Masqueraider's mask, and any class can become a Foggernaut if they undergo an operation giving them their prosthetic foggernaut body.

FurmentalAlchemy|2013-01-06 05:13:18
Also, on the series, we see Sadida and Osamodas children, which I think it implies they were born like that, instead of "becoming" like that.

They start looking like that before they become that age.
1 0
Score : 21631

v. informative.

0 0
Respond to this thread