FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend

By Alissendis April 27, 2012, 12:50:39

Sooo... the first open beta weekend for Guild Wars 2 starts in about eight hours. Any of you have a key (which you would have gotten from pre-buying the game or attending PAX)? What server/world are you planning to play on? What are you most excited about?

I haven't picked a server yet (trying to avoid the ones that sound extra fighty) but I'm leaning towards playing a Norn Engineer. I'll probably end up trying out a bunch of different things over the weekend. I think I'm most excited about trying underwater exploration/combat. XD

0 0
Reactions 12
Score : 1320

I'm in but I haven't downloaded it yet. Not sure if I wanna try the beta as it just makes you want to play more of it when it ends. I'm probably going Asura Engineer they look to fun. If I do play I'll probably be on Eternal Grove.

0 0
Score : 1080

Not really interested in GW2 myself. It is so far away from the original it's depressing.

0 0
Score : 1320

I actually really enjoyed the Beta. Engineer PVP wise needs looked at as it doesn't perform quite as well as the other classes. I really enjoyed the Mesmer play style in this one.

As for "being" far from the original the first guild wars came out about 10 years ago. Innovation needs to happen and I like the direction its going in. I only did structured PVP with the max level characters and all skills and found it fun and fluent in combat.

Pretty good beta aside from a few hiccups and imbalances with Engi it was great.

0 0
Score : 3389

I played an Engineer too. Didn't get into PVP (actually legitimately forgot about PVP until it was too late, heh). I leveled one up to 21 and enjoyed my time! Great support class. I think some of the skills need to be cheaper (to offset the lack of weapon skills) but it was fun.

I started an Elementalist yesterday and leveled to 12 or so before the beta was done. Wished I'd played one all along! They were super fun (and super OP-- gonna be slapped with a nerf, most likely, before release).

Overall a REALLY fun game. I'd say it lived up to the hype. Having played the original as well, I think GW2 is a nice evolution of the previous game. I loved finding little references to the first!

0 0
Score : 454

I really enjoyed it too. Played as an elementalist most of the time and dabbled a little bit in ranger. I really liked Ele, so I didn't pay much attention to my ranger (wish I had, it seemed fun!). The skill system is very new to me and I like it a lot, can't wait to play again. Anyone on DarkHaven?

0 0
Score : 2115

I want to play GW2, but not the beta Q_Q I don't want to get burnt out before the game launches, and neither do I want to get disillusioned because they change what I like about beta before launch. So I have to occupy my game time with something else for who knows how long. I'm thinking they'll aim for a 3rd-4th Quarter launch at this point.

0 0
Score : 1686

Got a warrior to 5, thief to 5, ranger to 5, and necro to 11.

Necro was my favorite of the 4 I tried, and I was raping with the summon/life steal build in PvP :rofl:

I'll most likely roll Necro at launch because he is so OP for PvE and solid in PvP. Think it'll be a good character to see all the content with and get a nice amount of gold saved up for other classes.

Right now ranged classes are wayyy better for PvE also, especially those huge dynamic bosses that one shot you because they're scaled to like 30 people in the area.

0 0
Score : 5782

See you guys in Gw2.

0 0
Aqualad|2012-05-01 05:06:00
I want to play GW2, but not the beta Q_Q I don't want to get burnt out before the game launches, and neither do I want to get disillusioned because they change what I like about beta before launch. So I have to occupy my game time with something else for who knows how long. I'm thinking they'll aim for a 3rd-4th Quarter launch at this point.

They're only running beta weekend events right now -- about one a month, apparently, until launch. You don't get enough time to burn yourself out! The beta was open from Friday at noon PST to Sunday at midnight. There was enough content that I didn't come close (despite a ton of time playing) to experiencing it all.

Strifey|2012-05-01 07:08:23

Necro was my favorite of the 4 I tried, and I was raping with the summon/life steal build in PvP :rofl:

I tried a Necro and wasn't crazy about it, but it wasn't really my play style, heh. I had a 21 Engineer, 15 Thief, 8 Elementalist, and 8 Necro. The Engineer was great overall but could use a bit of a buff. Thief was interesting! Elementalist was my favourite.

Johnwiddin|2012-05-01 10:05:53
See you guys in Gw2.

See you there. wink

0 0
Score : 5782

Oh, and since I'm not actively playing Wakfu anymore, I can be found working on this.

Click here#page=main&details=AQAAAAgXqOCAAAAAAABAAAEAAAIAAAAALGEIQAAAAAA

Voluptuous Widdin

0 0

Nice! The SO and I are working on that too... Aviana Valores and Ogni Welkhammur, haha. We're getting there. ^^;

0 0
Score : 1686
Alissendis|2012-05-01 12:38:38

Strifey|2012-05-01 07:08:23

I tried a Necro and wasn't crazy about it, but it wasn't really my play style, heh. I had a 21 Engineer, 15 Thief, 8 Elementalist, and 8 Necro. The Engineer was great overall but could use a bit of a buff. Thief was interesting! Elementalist was my favourite.

I never ever play necros, but for some reason it kind of clicked with me in this game and I really liked it. I also like how he has a ton of skills to remove conditions, change conditions, heal conditions for the group, etc. I think it could be really beneficial for high lvl dungeons and organized PvP. His pet build was awesome for soloing.

Engi is actually the last class I plan on trying, gameplay just doesn't appeal to me, and from what I've read on the forums they seem to be pretty UP right now.

Haven't tried Ele yet, I could see myself liking that alot as well. Right now though, I'm leaning towards Asura Necro and then rolling Thief as my second character once I hit 80 and experience all the content and can twink out a melee burst character :p
0 0
Respond to this thread