FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Distance Fogger(?)

By Hydriuz#4933 - MEMBER - December 01, 2020, 02:03:43

Hiya!

Recently i shifted my foggernaut to full distance to utilize both the AoE and ST spells.
Why you ask?
Well to make you understand more, here are the damages of the spells of a foggernaut for the water and fire branch at LvL 193 PER AP!

FIRE:
BLAZING FIRE | 2 AP | CROSS AOE | 21.5 PER AP
FIRE THROWER | 4 AP | CONE AOE | 21.75 PER AP
CHARRING | 4 AP | ST | 27.25 PER AP (NOTE: 23 DAMAGE RETURN PER AP)
FLAMBE | 3 AP | ST | 25.3 PER AP
FURNACE | 5 AP + 1WP | ST | 28.4 PER AP (NOTE: 36.2 PER AP IF RANGED)

WATER:
CURRENT | 2 AP | ST | 25.5 PER AP
EVAPORATION | 4 AP | LINE AOE | 21.75 PER AP (NOTE: TELEPORTS TO TARGET CELL)
DISSOLUTION | 5 AP + 1 WP | ST | 26 PER AP
FROTH | 4 AP | HORIZONTAL LINE AOE | 25.5 PER AP

These are the spells i mainly use, the reason i went for full distance instead of full ST is because of the damages.
Looking at the AoE spells, and taking in consideration that they are able to hit multiple targets at once... the damages are pretty great.
Especially looking at froth, it does 25.5 damage per ap and is a AoE spell... looking at other spells like flambe which is ST and only does 25.3, which is less... distance seems to be a very reasonable choice.

I get that you lose flexibility in some regards like map manipulation, but i also use foggernaut as a turret based damager whilst riding on the rails with my gun turret.

So what do you think about a full distance damage build, do you guys think it is worth it?
=14.0pt

2 -1
Reactions 6
Score : 927

Hey,

Congrats on shifting your fogger to distance. 
If you want a full distance DPS class then he isn't appropriated at all (especially in end-game) but for early and mid-game it can be fun just make sure you full AoE damage masteries.

Since the rework I deleted my 200 foggernaut due to the rework so idk if he got any spells/passives changed since the rework but I don't think they did such changes. 
Also, if you want to play him full distance you have to use your rails really smart and make sure you are always on your turret beforing attacking otherwise you are not using the full damage potential.

Problem is now, you have to use your rails really smart because you can only shoot linear + moving costs you more MP now (oof no wonder I deleted this game xd).

Hydriouz|2020-12-02 06:42:15
Ahahaha thanks for the advice tongue

Well foggernauts do have passives now that make distanced attacks do more damage, and overheating also increases distance damage in huge amounts.

I haven't put anything in AoE damage, everything really is FULL DISTANCE mastery combined with Critical mastery... so i basically build it like a cra i guess?

oh right, I see so you gonna be using full distance spells. Like a cra? it depends some people love Cra's earth and fire AoE so they will go with area mastery but if you know you will only use distance and mainly single target spells then go with full distance and rest in crit :p
0 -3
Score : 400

Ahahaha thanks for the advice tongue

Well foggernauts do have passives now that make distanced attacks do more damage, and overheating also increases distance damage in huge amounts.

I haven't put anything in AoE damage, everything really is FULL DISTANCE mastery combined with Critical mastery... so i basically build it like a cra i guess?

0 0
Score : 7617

Go for it, people cried a lot at the revamp, but I think Fogger not only became a great tank, IT STILL can be a great Distance DPS ^^ Recently mine is half AoE half Distanc,e when I get the chance I'll most likely make it full distance to use more spells, but he is at a satisfying position as a Distance Damage. He is just not BORING anymore, when it was just spamming the Stasis spells with the Turret or the Fogginator on.

0 0
Score : 718

I prefer close-combat tanky. It felt like doing more dmg and has nice aoe skill.

0 0
Score : 1732

Distance build will do less DPS, but yu will be able to output more consistent DPS per turn. 
It's up to yu how this reflects in battle with yur group, but go for it. 

1 0
Score : 718

Indeed, I prefer long range when I fun fight my mates. 

0 0
Respond to this thread