FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Foggernaut Passives Rework Ideas

By PhoenixFly - MEMBER - October 20, 2020, 19:39:35

This topic is going to be only about fogger passives , please avoid talking or discussing any other matter!.

I'll write down many ideas brainstormed by many Spanish Speakers Players , please feel free not only to comment your ideas too but also criticise ours!. Since this is a very subjective way of looking at the passives we may have been very focused on the wrong way the class should work.

• Stationary immobility

About: The idea of this passive is to let us begin fights with more WP, but it seems very plain-simple. It required something more.
Suggestion: Add to the base passive-> +2% FD for each WP gained by this passive, Max. 10%.
  • Wakfu Reactor

About: It helps with WP at the beggining of the fight but the malus doesn't worth it with Stationary immobility existing already,  that's why it should give something extra to compensate that STRONG malus

Suggestion: Add to the base passive-> +50%of the fogger's lvl dodge/Lock for each lvl of overheat/pressure.( A.K.A: Gives lock or dodge according of the state's lvl and the foggers lvl, example: lv4 Overheat on a lv100 fogger would give 200 dodge.)
  • Transportation Technology

About :  It helps by having more rails and microbots with a small malus compared to the efficiency it has. The problem is that setuppin' microbots can take a WHOLE turn.Since fogger no longer has Cybot to help it. 

Suggestion: Add to the base passive->The second microbot used in a same turn only costs 1AP. The third one would always cost 3AP and so on.
  • Influx of Vitality

About: Life steal is a very strong mechanic on a Dmg class, but it should also give a little extra for our team since fogger doesn't excel at tanking compared to the other tanks already existing. The proposed idea works around helping fogger be more in sync with it's teammates withouth relying on them to tank.

Suggestion: Add to the base passive->If Blockade is on the terrain and fogger inside it's AoE Aura , blockade gains the Lifesteal  done instead of the fogger.(This could also apply to armor gain instead of healing it). This means fogger can "heal/protect" it's blockade under stasis mode.
  • Heavy Duty Covering

About: Fogger is the only class that has a malus for Hp Increase/modifier with no other effect alongside it , making this passive literally one of the worst in-game actually since having Low WP doesn't really give any benefits.

Suggestion: Add to the base passive-> +40% armor recieved, this would support melee/tank focused builds.
Malus reduced to -2 max WP.
  • Unshakable Skeleton

About: Since you can't really play with your enemies the way sacriers ,fecas or pandas do , at least you will have more Willpower to lock them in place. This gives you a chance to be a better tank.

Suggestion : Add to the base passive-> +20Will to fogger(helps with tanking role)
  • Reinforced Armor Plating

About: A Weakier blockade only means it would break faster , there is no real benefit of using this passive since to begin with , relying on an external way of tanking is never the optimal solution . Imagine fogger using blockade at mineral tower just to have it explote the same turn it has been summoned because you don't want anyone moving it from you.
Suggestion: Add to the base passive->If blockade get's destroyed , +50 res to fogger.(2 Turns). The hp malus is maintained alongside the stabilized effect.
  • Light Alloy

About: Being more agile but sacrificing Hp with it , since having +1MP is already something good , the malus won't make it attractive enough to be used in any situation since you already have rails to support you.

Suggestion: Add to the MP bonus , +1Range  , less tanky but  better  at deploying on ranged fights.
  • Gear Amputation

About: The only reason why this passive is being used right now is because how slow fogger get's it's dmg increased. So we're proposing a different system that allows increasing your heat/pressure states by using some special abilities that makes your class different from the others.

Suggestion: Using cannoneer or Ironclade gives +1 OverHeat/Pressure. Cannoneer minimal range modified to 3. Ironclade now has 50% of the foggers lvl in barrier against distance suffered hits but can no longer cast ranged fire/earth skills. The base passive has been totally modified.
  • Limiter Removal

About: A very good passive for long fights , that would be even greater if fogger could regain WP after each time it reaches max lvl of overheat or pressure.

Suggestion: Add to the base passive->When reaching lv6 of overheat/pressure state: +1WP recovered.
  • Transformer

About: It's a good passive even tho it lowers your critical chances to 0 , making it impossible to increase your dmg this way. Also it has a risk with in it since if you gain Critical % inside the fight you can lose all your gained res by this passive.

Suggestion: Add to the base passive->Per each blocked hit , +5% recieved armor. max 50%(10hits)
  • Cyclic Battery

About: It needs a small boost to accelerate foggers gameplay since resetting each X turns wasn't worth it to be taken in fights.

Suggestion: Gains 3 lvl's instead of 2, combined with limiter removal you could have a better way of charging WP and also having very strong turns since fogger doesn't have finisher skills. This could help temporizing fights and getting stronger or weakier according to the fight needs.
  • Stasis Reservoir

About: This passive was very weak because of the Wp regen fogger had , with all the new proposed passives , stasis reservoir would have it's place as a "Stop Button" , let your fogger rest from time to time!
Suggestion: Add to the base passive->Under Stasis Mode you can Stop overheat/pressure generation. This helps maintaining your cumulated lvl's while also blocking your WP regen with other passives and natural way too. 

To finish this post:

-Fogger as a tank didn't excel since it relies on blockade and doesn't have armor generation %. This proposed changes would help it gain more resistances plus armor recieved by synerging it with Pressure and blockade abilities.Alongside willpower bonus makes it a more independent tank that can take hits as a rock but with reduced enemy placement.

-Plain passives with strong maluses have been revised to maintain the malus according to the power value that the bonuses have. Since it need to have a balanced exchange these ideas seemed good to us.

-Pressure/Overheat system seemed a bit out of place for fogger's gameplay. It's good to have both natural and induced way of gaining it. Ofc induced ways have drawbacks such cannoneer only being able to be used ranged or ironclade making it for melee/pressure only.

And talking about induced ways of gaining things , this ideas also help with the WP regen and blocking it!

Sincerely , Iop's Lifesteal Gang

9 -3
Reactions 7
Score : -58

If this get's implemented , they should hire you lol

3 -7
Score : 176

its good . but it kinda feel like no longer fogger .  probably a new class or something 

1 0
Score : 449

A better one you mean?

0 -2
Score : 20

I think they are pretty good ideas, to improve the passives of the fogger, it really needs a tune-up, so that it can perform as it should,

Although I see a bad thing about the stasis reserve passive, since to maintain the level of overheating and overpressure you have to enter stasis, you lose the damage bonus that the passive gives you for obtaining all your wakfu points

DavidVezonrak|2020-10-21 00:48:18
I think they are pretty good ideas, to improve the passives of the fogger, it really needs a tune-up, so that it can perform as it should,

Although I see a bad thing about the stasis reserve passive, since to maintain the level of overheating and overpressure you have to enter stasis, you lose the damage bonus that the passive gives you for obtaining all your wakfu points

instead of setting stasis mode as stop button,

Why is the cannoneer and ironclad transformations not used as the stopping method?
0 -1
Score : 449

I wrote about stasis since it's already an active that blocks WP regen , so I thought about adding the extra effect of "blocking" any increase or decrease on natural states.

This would punish the player by not gaining WP back to abuse again stasis reserve but help him maintain the states that he has been gaining along the turns.

We all know how bad it feels when you can't maintain your overheat cuz of enemies locking or other bosses mechanics , which leads to the use  of water spells to convert it to pressure .

And about cannoneer and ironclad; I see them strong enough with the "extra" buff they get with gear amputation (even tho it has a malus alongside it )

1 -2
Score : 292

Hey uwu 
I found very interesting your ideas, the fogger really need some changes. 

I have some ideas to suggest about passives but first let me talk about some mechanics i found a little weak.

Fire rails: 
I think this is useless, it need a little buff, i was thinking about: 

• Now fire rails can be applied by every fire spell (if the fogger is at 3 cells or more furnace apply the extra damage)
  • If the first one is not implemented, add a new effect to flambe: Double the damage of fire rails to the target (the target is immune to fire rails the next turn), like sram punishment

Gunner and ironclad: 
These mechanics fulfill their role well but they can be something more: 

Gunner: 
  • [*]Bonus: 20% DI at distance, 1 range, the fogger no longer lose/gain overheating
    New malus: Set the minimal range of the spells at 3

Ironclad: 
  • [*]Bonus: 100 elem resistance, 30% armor received, the fogger no longer lose/gain overpressure
    ​​​​​​​New malus: Set the maximum range of the spells at 3 
​​​​​​​
I really liked the idea of keeping overheating/overpressure, but i think it fit better in those spells.

Overheating and overpressure: 
  • Set the maximum lvl at 6 without passives (with a new effect for limiter removal) ​​​​​​​

I think this effect in a passive spell make it a little obligatory 
Passive spells: 

Stasis reservoir: 
  • Currently i feel this passive very slow, the damage inflicted should be every turn based on the current WP the fogger has

Cyclic battery: 
  • Change the Overheating/pressure gain from 2 to 3 this can solve the slow gain of these states, i like it

Limiter removal: 
  • As i said before, this passive is obligatory (at least with the current other passives), new effect: Increase by 1 the range of the Active spells (except ironclad/gunner/stasis), the spells that increase its cost no longer do it on the first cast

Gear amputation:   
  • Not a bad passive spell, but with a better way to gain overheating/pressure it become weak so i have a suggestion: Set the max lvl of Overheating/pressure at 4, if the fogger lose it, just lose 2 lvls

Light alloy: 
  • Add to the MP bonus , +1Range ​​​​​, It can be really good

Reinforced armor plating:
  • A Weakier blockade only means it would break faster , there is no real benefit of using this passive since to begin with , relying on an external way of tanking is never the optimal solution . Imagine fogger using blockade at mineral tower just to have it explote the same turn it has been summoned because you don't want anyone moving it from you. I agree, this need a new effect plus the current one, what if it increase the AoE of the blockade? or maybe give to it % armor received

Unshakable skeleton: 
  • +20 FoW it's a nice bonus for this passive

Heavy duty covering: 
  • It can be per lvl of Overpressure: +8% armor received (48% max) plus the other bonus and malus

Wakfu reactor: 
  • Tbh i don't like a passive that only work for t1-2, i would change the effect to: At the start of the turn: +1WP (2WP per turn), -50 elemental resistance

Ideas for new passives: ​​​​​​​

Diving: 
  • [*]Transform the ST water spell melee/distance effects into steals
    -20% armor received

Motherfogger: 
  • If the fogger kills an enemy with Stasified: 25% damage inflicted (2 turns)

Heating: 
  • +5%CH at the start of the turn per lvl of Overheating/pressure, set the block at 0

Self repair: 
  • If the fogger has not received external armor gain the last turn +40% armor received

And finally one last thing, change the color of the spells image into purple when turn on stasis 

That's all, thanks for read and have a nice day 

​​​​​​​-Mag :v 

2 -1
Score : 20

an idea for a new passive using the concept of an existing one (oil reserve and light alloy)
But for melee damage, that is to lose the anticipation of the overpressure mechanic, but gain damage and 1 MP

1 0
Respond to this thread