FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Shiny Fishing Spots, are they even real?

By Derppaderpa - MEMBER - May 08, 2018, 13:41:47

Is there something ur supposed to be doing to be able to get the mythic fish drops? With everything else its shiny resources, but in my entire time fishing I have yet to come across even so much as 1 single shiny fishing spot.

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 7058

They appear with a 10% chance on respawning of a normal fishing spot, they are really common. Maybe you are the person with the biggest bad luck or you didn't fished that long.

0 0
Score : 177

I have gotten fishing so far to lvl 20, the first 15 of that was doing nothing but breaded fish til they literally stopped giving me exp completely. I got about 700 breaded fish before someone finally just gave me the mythic on that one, the last 5 are what iv done so far on anchovies. Nearly 400 of those so far and still not even 1 single spot. I have cleared all of the astrub forest of anchovies like 4 times now. Are u sure its 10%? Cause if thats right im sure something has to be broken. There is no way iv tripped more then 300 respawns and not gotten even 1 at 10%.

0 0
Score : 1970
Its hard to get rare fish... the only way I know is to keep fishing around a "path" going to a series of fishing spots and fishing them EVEN IF THEY AREN'T SHINY... this forces the fishing location to "respawn" and that is when the Gods of random numbers give a small chance that the location will respawn as a shiny.   :blink:

Shiny fish schools do not occur in a fixed location, any normal fishing location can respawn as shiny, but you ONLY get that chance when the spot gets fished and respawns.   Once a location has respawned as normal, no amount of waiting or checking it will make it shiny, you have to fish it and empty it to start the respawn cycle.    tongue

Just to give you some perspective - crafting a "well" requires 20 "Dull Loote" fish.... I believe the last one I crafted took 6 hours of dedicated fishing to get those 20 "Dull Loote" fish....    try about 75 loops around all the "Loot" fishing spots in Amakna for mind-numbing fishing.    If your carpal-tunnel isn't aching you haven't been trying long enough.

Anybody want some fried "loot"    I got enough normal ones to feed an army division for a year.  rolleyes
(Actually,  to be truthful, I used most of the normal ones for "Rustic Transmutation"s )

1 0
Score : 1914

btw, in astrub rare fish spawn in 1% chance
you need go to other island for that 10% spawn chance

1 0
Score : 590

I got a lot of rare spots during this week end. I even took the time to take a capture of it because I find it beautiful...

You must be very unlucky, or you were in Astrub?
...or someone took them before you could see them, since rare ressources give more XP. I've seen people taking only the shiny spots.
0 0
Respond to this thread