FR EN ES PT
Browse forums
Score : 3256

Fishing

By Mr-buddy2u - MEMBER - March 08, 2013, 06:40:59
Most player i know see fishing as useless and or painful to level. Do we need a revamp?What do you think? Fishing puns get you extra points.Yes this is a fishing pole.
Reactions 40
Score : 647
Honey, you're gonna need a better hook if you want Ankama to revamp fishing
Score : 7250
I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate
hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate FISHING!

It is the only gathering I have yet to get to 100, and I feel like I am forever gathering reeds to avoid actually fishing.
Score : 3256
yes they need fix fishing without a trout
Score : 17749
I don't entirely think that fishing needs a revamp. It's not much different than mining, honestly. No one is complaining about mining needing a revamp, now are they? Tuck it away and fish more.

I'm like 7.5 levels away from mastering fishing. I barely get to play these days. So if people honestly have issues with fishing, then it's just laziness. Gather more mats for more hooks if you don't want to actively fish. Fishers are buddies with chefs. Go be buddies and make yourself useful, or get a new profession to fiddle with.

No fishing puns here. Though, if anything needs a revamp, it's the fact that there should be more recipes for the fish themselves that the fishers can do to make them more interesting.

androgyous|2013-03-08 07:27:23
I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate
hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate FISHING!

It is the only gathering I have yet to get to 100, and I feel like I am forever gathering reeds to avoid actually fishing.
This made me giggle. Glad I wasn't the only one messing with reeds to level it (though I do feathers too, so at least I get the change-off if I get bored of reeds.) Admittedly, I don't do much actual fishing either. Mostly because I find it unnecessary (as there aren't any recipes for the fish, really... )
Score : 1099
they need to add a pet you can fish up.
ShyJizKai|2013-03-08 10:00:24
they need to add a pet you can fish up.
That would be super fun. ohmy 
Score : 15752
androgyous|2013-03-08 07:27:23
hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate
hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate
Coming, dear.
Score : 11939
i hate fishing. 0-0 so much hate for it i would rather mine then fish.
Score : 3029
only I want is less amount of matt use for hook...like um...3 or 4 reeds per 1 hook :x
Score : 3116
Fishing is twice as fast as mining and there are a lot more fishing banks at higher level than say mining nodes of the same level, you get hooks you can grind on as alternatives and you have no competition, with the exception of certain levels that can be a pain to grind it's way better than mining. And the fish have great descriptions.

If only higher level fish were actually useful though.
Neuroid|2013-03-09 00:01:43
If only higher level fish were actually useful though.
Yeah. I figure though it'll be like the high level trees... and they'll get recipes at a later date. If you have the space, just hold onto the fish until then. smile No sense in giving up all those precious fishes fished up, especially since higher level fish are just 1 fish per.. well.. fish. LOL. Can't wait to see what they are used in...
Score : 5796
I didn't know there was fishing in this game until I saw this thread.
Score : 11939
you know i was talking about the justice dungeon or whatever that is coming out this fall and i thought to myself i wonder if we are going to need the justice key to get into it and they are going to put the dungeon in that area or move the forges inside the dungeon. anyway if they do make the key needed for the dungeon its going to suck to get it.
Score : 411
Fishing needs quite a catch to make it interesting.
Score : 2241
I'm a bit curious about fishing. Does anyone have any fishing tales about rare and valuable loot (panties don't count)?
GreenEmerald|2013-03-09 07:42:17
I'm a bit curious about fishing. Does anyone have any fishing tales about rare and valuable loot (panties don't count)?

There really isn't any rare and valuable loot. You get old underpants, muddy boots, fish (obviously) and Justice Keys. I have yet to fish up anything else.
Score : 8649
Fishing should certainly have more purpose. If the actual act needs to be revamped, I don't know, but the usefulness of fish sure as hell does.
Score : 402
It be nice to see high level fishing have some use. I agree its the same to level as mining, but mining is much more useful. Currently, it feels to me the only real use to level fishing all the way up is if you want the Seal of Companionship lol
Score : 3221
I would fish more if there were better chef recipes.
Respond to this thread