By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Masqueraider class Meta Discussion

By Tiefoone - MEMBER - July 04, 2018, 05:08:48

This is a thread for sharing your thoughts on Masq's class abilities, primarily those you think are outdated/pointless/weak, etc. Remember not to get heated since this is more for fun than seriously expecting anything suggested would come into effect.

Spittoon: My greatest problem with Masq at the moment is how much Spittoon dominates the classes kit, the reasons for this being that it has the highest DPA and HPA of any spell, as well as working perfectly with Fluctuation and Renewal. This often leads people to say that Masq has decent damage thanks to this combo, when they forget that without it (as was the case before Huppermage Academy) ST Masq ranks dead last when it comes to damage output among Melee classes, albeit having higher support ability and likely the best map manipulation. If it wasn't for this I feel almost everyone playing Air/Water Masq would have moved on to playing a support Masq with heal/distance gear (and as is I'm surprised they're not more common). This single spell being so central to the general function of the class is a rather crappy state of affairs, previously Classablanca and Backbeat were also solid damage spells (albeit still subordinate to Spittoon) but with the recent changes Spittoon now reigns supreme. It's probably more likely that there's a more comprehensive revamp at some point, but if there was any minor touch up I would hope it tried to remedy this.

Terrible Passives: While by no means unique to the class, Masq is plagued by the passives Catch me if you Can and Classy Masqueraider being unreliable and generally lacking any distinct function in the classes kit. CMIYC just gives heals and damage for fulfilling an awkward (and in many cases a bad idea due to boss/UB mechanics) requirement. Classy Masq for some reason attempts to encourage clone usage by buffing the player character, when a passive that buffs the clone for doing things or buffs the masq for not using the clone makes more sense, and in essence only provides 20% crit and 10% heal since the other bonuses are useless (sure the lower cost on Classablanca is nice I guess but good luck keeping it at 40 for long). I hardly ever use these and no one else I know does either.

Fire Branch: They're actually viable at endgame now thanks to Brutality (albeit these are and probably will always be in somewhat short supply) but it would nice if there was a passive that promoted Fire builds. If you consider the flaming bonus from Classy Masqueraider to qualify I really don't know what to say to you.

Masks: It's been mentioned before that each Mask taking up a single spell slot was bad, and It's still true. Part of the reason spells are no longer mask-locked is because people just stuck to one Mask pre-deck, and due to recent changes and the scarcity of spell slots in the deck system this is now the case once again. I seem to be the only one who bothered taking Classic Mask on an ST build since the majority of people build non-crit and stick with Coward Mask all the time. Masks being combined in one active spell would free space for more active spells and make people less likely to only use one Mask, on top of giving more freedom with elemental spells (which would make Tri less awkward).

Classablanca: More minor gripe is that I long considered this the coolest Masq spell and now it's awful. A simple fix would be to make it like it was pre-deck by making it 2AP 1WP, dropping its total damage and increasing its DPA to somewhere around Spittoon's. Thus it becomes a cheap way to put the hurt on something but will quickly demolish your WP if you use it frequently.

7 0
Reactions 18
Score : 1389

I, and I think many other Masks out there, agree with all the points you made.

I'd also like to give my contribution regarding the "Masks" suggestion.
Someone may ask how it could be possible to merge all three masks into one spell, and the answer would be nothing special: make it an active spell named "Mask Wielder" or something, akin to Sram's Shadow Trap spell which, once added to your deck, will result in 3 additional Trap spells. Same could be done with masks.

1 0
Score : 8892

Oh dang, cool idea I had:
Bully Passive:
You derive great joy from kicking the butts of others.
+20 Willpower (at passive evolution)
50% chance to gain 1AP when removing an AP by collision, increased to 100% if collision is between two targets (requires both to lose an AP).

This could either replace Masked Master or replace the 25% FD+Heal for causing a collision thing. This immediately improves build possibilities/variety since going for some FoW would actually make sense. It would also let Air actually kick some butt instead of being a joke damage-wise, particularly if accompanied by a buff to Classablanca (seriously, it needs one). On top of this it would offset the AP loss caused by Backbeat if the passive is being used (though if the FD buff and heal are removed the self AP removal probably wouldn't matter since they're probably why it's there). This would be a way more interesting mechanic than some heals for collisions and getting FD for causing a collision between 2 targets.

On top of that it makes AP REFUNDS (the best thing ever to exist) a thing again.

Pity it'll never actually be a thing.

2 0
Score : 4172

Honestly revamp is coming up some point but I'm only afraid of what they'd do. Past couple have been bit awk.

I think the "ap steal" from this passive is a bit too much considering I've stolen 5-6 ap from melee players turn 1 (that is including my doubles turn obvious) and thats vicious. I'd lower the chance to gain ap a bit.

This is overall a great idea.

0 0
Score : 4172

Collision Masq was literally the reason I made this class years back. Classablanca is literally one of the coolest spells. I totally would like to see it 2 ap again. Classy passive brings it down to 3 ap which is great but as you've stated the passive just isn't that great, totally unreliable.

I think they should add some sorta reward mechanic to the Classic Mask whenever they successfully collide things in general. I personally wouldn't mind if they got rid of the FD buff from critting if it meant my double can also take full advantage of CQCing dudes like no tomorrow.

When spell decks came out Spittoon really stood as Masq strongest spell and the release of Fluc only solidified that further.

Before they brought in Willpower and backbeat+classablanca had that extra bit of collision damage on them I would play "Happy Feet" where you'd Fluc, bring yourself into a target and Fluc some more but now there isn't much of a way to efficiently play like that since reverse beat will now have a chance to smack you upside the head for even considering using it that way and Classablanca requires some sorta positioning/planning first.

As for Fire Branch? I stand by you that with brutality it becomes a valid build and it's a shame you need such a rare relic rune to even play this way. 

0 0
Score : 340

Wow so they're still active Masq mains.

0 0
Score : -34

hey is there any updated healer guide for masc that i can follow?? sorry im new to the game

0 0
Score : 210

Heya bud as a masq main here’s a little advice for a healing based build: Though I can’t say that healer masq is my personal favorite role it does work pretty well. What you want to focus on is the Water branch, all of your healing spells come from there as well as the Cowards mask (extra healing, range, and MP). Masqs usually are the mele fighter but in this case it’s probably better to hang back and healing your allies from a distance. I know this isn’t much but I hope it might help a small bit. smile Good luck!

0 0
Score : 857

the only full healer class in this game is eni, even sadida which is supposed to be a healer, is way more oriented towards debuff/taking pm and giving armor/resist them healing, eni have way more option to healing, from powerful single target heal, to long range + low heals to even high range+ high aoe heals, they can buff and heal, have buffs to increase healing and a lot of passive that  buff and helps them support others

masq are more off healer because of the limited range on some spells and the high risk in going melee, so using a hybrid melee/single target with around 75% resist and using surgical rune, this way you can deal decent damage and decent heal when needed
on my high stasis run sometimes I can  full heal some dds  on a spition crit for  6~9k (using renewal)

0 0
Score : 8892

Just happened to be lurking, but last I knew full healer Masq can put out a huge amount of raw heals but is a somewhat one dimensional build since your kit is basically Spittoon for big heal nukes and Spitfall spam for everything else. Big choice with the build is whether you want to stay at 1 range and use that Rune for +20% heals or go with more range for more flexibility. Either way you can put out some pretty monstrous heals. Spitfall can end up healing 2k+, and you can drop 6 of those per turn when your clone is up.

Overall full heal masq has high raw heals but doesn't have the flexibility of other healers (and if you opt for the healing rune will have somewhat limited range), many of which can apply states that heal for a few turns among other things. Besides healing you might do a bit of map manipulation and chuck others psycho/classic mask.

1 0
Score : 1

I'm currently lvling a ST Air/Water Masq and I'm having trouble deciding which passives to use. Any tips? And why shouldn't I use both Classic and Coward Mask in my deck? I use both, I like the versatility it brings

0 0
Score : -453

Legit everything tiefoone said.
Also I hate pure heal mask but my highest single spell heal was 11,501hp. Anyone beat that yet?

0 -1
Score : 4

Wow, how did you get 11.5k? I'm not a healer with my Masq but I wouldn't begin to know how to get even remotely close to 11k out of my masq.

0 0
Score : 948

i was same boat as IVtea, i made masq for the collision dmg. now the only reason i play masq is it would be to hard to change gear for anything else

0 0
Score : 948

honestly i would love to see a passive effect that removes the -ap on collision for say -10 dmg per cell pushed

0 0
Score : 295

Coming back after spending 846 days off not and single love for masq cause I was expecting some changes. I being a tank masq hybrid soloing can take so long. I'd love to see some other changes. I did notice some changes to some things in my deck and I wasn't please about them. As for my build I would have to start from scratch to get back my old build I use to do.Today is some coming update. I am hoping nothing goes wrong like I already expect.

1 0
Respond to this thread