FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

What's up with fire?

By jgtf - MEMBER - May 12, 2018, 22:05:02

Since Masq's release, has Ankama actually taken any steps, or at least impactful steps, towards making the Fire tree relevant?

Fire tree still has 0 synergy with Air and Water, and the Psychopath Mask is still competing against the other 2 Masks which seem to be more favored by Masq players.

Why Masq still doesn't have [Single Target damage converted to AoE damage]?
For example such an effect could be incorporated into the Psycho Mask, allowing people to opt in for the Mask and Fire spells better than ever before.

Would this be OP?
Or would this still not be enough aid for Tri- or Fire/Water or Fire/Air builds?

Obviously I'm not very experienced with Masq yet, but I'm not the only one that thinks that the Fire spells are simply, for all intends and purposes, bloody cool. So it's a shame to not be able to use them, or deciding to use them while handicapping your Masq.
Or is there something that I'm missing?

0 0
Reactions 13
Score : 1499

Given that on how they tend to make revamps on the characters worse, I suggest don't ask for one, I just think masqs are already fine as they are. Look at what they did to Rogue and the First Enu they ruined it. Synergy is not always a necessity but rather it's UTILITY.  

1 0
Score : 2190

Not asking for a rework, but simply a fix.

As it stands Water and Air trees are fine, and perhaps the Fire tree is fine as well if it were in a different kit, but not this one.

Right now what is the purpose of the Fire tree? It's just there for the sake of being there.

0 0
Score : 966

Just play melee masq. As most damage comes from equipment, you don't lose too much damage and you can still comfortably break 3k damage without passive bonus stats. 

Srams have to do the same as forceful blow is too valuable to not have in a deck. 

Sco 

0 0

But is a Tri Masq, or Fire/Air or Fire/Water Masq on par with Air/Water Masqs? As useful and/or powerful as them?

Not mention that even as a Melee Masq, a lot of the Fire spells AoE reaches out of melee combat range.
If you gear up for AoE damage, you lose out on the ST damage for the other 2 trees + Psynapse, and if you gear for Melee you still won't be able to fully utilize your AoE range.

0 0
Score : 1536

It's not like water and air are particularly fine either. Water has been uterly overshadowed by the overpowerness of Spittoon + Fluctuation. Air has been broken ever since the collision changes, making it a weird -ap debuff branch that can even -ap allies.

Fire has always been the weakest branch but Masq totally needs a few touches to rebalance it (both nerfs on stuff like spittoon and fluctuation, changes on collision and -ap, and buffs to fire).

0 0

I don't disagree with you, Air certainly used to be much better when collision actually dealt damage. I wasn't here when the change happened from damage to AP reduction, so I have no idea why that change took place or when.

But I do mean that Air/Water Masq is better than Air/Water/Fire or Air/Fire or Fire/Water. Or at least as far as I'm aware.

Also, what is "Fluctuation"? Do you mean Spitbull? Also besides that and Spittoon, I do like Backbeat. Same damage as Spitbull, but different positioning properties, albeit also shorter range.

0 0
Score : 932

in general AOE spells do much less damage probably leading to some of your issues with masks fire spells like low damage. 

in pvp fire might never be used in a 1v1 situation thats just the nature of most AOE spells. Another thing to condsider is that one of masks biggest boons is its crazy healing ability with coward mask making the class as an effective healer and the dodge effect is very good for stacking up renewal. I personally think that coward is the strongest mask.

one thing that might hold people off from using psycopath is the unatracctiveness of non crit builds. There is alot of potential in not critting on mask because it helps build renewal faster. This leads to an overall damage boost. But coward mask is still better. I don't think that classical mask is better than psycopath. 

fire spells themselves are nothing to smile about which is the real issue but i do see select masks using them to some good effect.

If i were to give any tips to people who want to use them i would say "close combat mastery is you best friend" and i wouldnt take single target or aoe. Focusing on CC is not too hard with most items considering the large amount of solid options for close combat build. To substitute any missing damage I would definatly spec into back stab and double down into damage to increase the life steal effects from psycopath mask. 

but over all i agree the fire tree is lack luster.

0 0
Score : 9313

This isn't really specific to Masq, no other Melee classes focus on AoE, and even ranged classes generally only use it situationally (besides Panda which is designed to be AoE focused), with many just building Distance+ST. This isn't an issue in Dofus as there is no Single Target/AoE split, but in Wakfu AoE builds are optimized to perform best under niche circumstances. Even neutral builds that only focus on Melee/Distance are losing out on damage and gear flexibility to benefit in niche circumstances. Meanwhile focusing on Single Target and Melee/Distance fully maximizes your single target damage (which is always useful) and lets you use a wider range of gear than neutral builds. AoE is more common at lower levels because there is less focus on optimization (and it usually pays off less too), mob behavior is more amenable to AoE usage, there isn't as much focus on killing Bosses/UBs, and lower enemy resistances make AoE more efficient as there aren't going to be some mobs that completely wall that element.

In short AoE is situational, and since builds focused on it, or even just capable of using it, lose out in damage and other stats in all other circumstances it is generally not a good idea to build for AoE. Unless Wakfu's stat system is changed I do not see this ever changing, even though AoE is fun to use.

As for Psycho Mask itself, it is good, the issue is it costs an additional deck space, drops your resistance (instantly making it unwanted in PvP) and costs 2AP to swap to, if Mask changes were free everyone would be rolling with it and swapping to it after stacking Fluct+Renewal for Spittoon (which would be OP),  but as is it's just not worth it.

0 0
Score : 966

There is a rune for that now AOE mastery to melee. Should help all melee AOE builds. 

SCO

0 0
Score : 10511

Nah, I don't belive that rune will make any aoe-cc build viable.
Nobody even tryin to go into that direction. Some classes have option to do that but its really hard to play and makes a lot of trouble.

Mask have a good positioning tools that can make him a lil bit interested, but untill fluc+split are top tier strategy there is no hope for any other playstyle for mask.

0 0
Respond to this thread