FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Various Masq Things

By Azumite - MEMBER - October 11, 2017, 05:25:01

Just a list of things I've noticed with Masq that are inconsistent or just things that should be addressed and fixed. Feel free to add suggestions to how they should be fixed. This thread is just to get other masq players and players in general to think about this stuff.

The Masks

The three masks offer a stat bonus and some conditional bonus. Coward and Psycho give two stat "bonuses" (the -50 resist counts towards this) while Classic mask only gives +20%. I don't think that +20% is too overpowered to where the mask would have a second bonus applied to it. If it gave 30% and didn't have a second effect that would make sense. A boost to critical hit damage would be the benefit that fits the most.

The conditional bonus, such as gaining MP when dodging, also works when you give the mask to any ally via carnival. The new and improved Psycho Mask (on beta) has a new effect. It grants 30% life steal on Classablanca, Spittoon, and Psyk-Out. Obviously other classes don't have those spells do they can't utilize that effect.

Most of the Fire Branch
I'm not going to point out that it's an AoE branch with the other 2 are 90% ST. I'm going to point out that all the damage per AP values for the fire branch are low. So low that the whole branch gets out damaged by the mighty fist Fugue.The idea was that you'd be wearing the Psycho Mask when using these spells so they thought it was ok. That's not ok. In the flavor text for the class in Wakfu and Dofus they are promoted as being a jack of all trades combatant. SO it makes sense that there should be come freedom by using different masks with different elements. Giving them bonus for using the same element is fine, but the bonus shouldn't be average damage

Air branch has a couple spells that also have low damage ratios but those spells also give you backstab so that is a fair trade-off

Misc

Psykotik needs to pull them into first and then apply the damage.  This is just a quality of life chance I'd like to see
Psyk-Out...
Either change Catch Me If You Can so that it applies to 2 cells within the masq or just replace it with something else. Building up 30% Damage/Heals (in melee) over 5 turns isn't so busted that the range can't be increased. For reference Sadi gets 32% for just existing without dolls. 
Elegance builds up a little too slow and two of the effects are..garbage. Scherzo pushing 3 cells won't matter next patch and the flaming bonus on Hornito is situational at best. The Scherzo bonus just needs to be replaced. Double flaming applied is strong, but no one is going to use it because it suffers from the same problems as the rest of the fire branch.

If you read this far thanks, there's no prize though.

0 0
Reactions 6
Score : 1896

Scherzo pushing 2 or 3 cells is really a question on next patch, does it mean more -ap between ally and enemy?

0 0
Score : 1241

Currently it's only -1ap regardless of how many cells you push them back. 

0 0
Score : 2445

The conditional bonus, such as gaining MP when dodging, also works when you give the mask to any ally via charade

You probably mean carnival.

My view on the problems with masq's fire branch is not the bad dpa, but rather the fact that your spells don't allow to hit multiple enemys in melee range. I really would appreciate the change that psykotik will pull first then deals the dmg. Masq is all about melee and needs some spells at least to get multiple enemys closer.

In this context i'd like a change in the aoe of fracture, because only 2 cells from the total 4 cell aoe are in melee range. this spell is totally useless in my eyes.
So another QoL change would be if psyk-out would proc melee mastery on all his cells since he teleports through them dealing damage.
But it is hard to complain about the aoe dmg, because if aoe and st had the same dpa it would make no sence to use st.
Either change Catch Me If You Can so that it applies to 2 cells within the masq or just replace it with something else. Building up 30% Damage/Heals (in melee) over 5 turns isn't so busted that the range can't be increased. For reference Sadi gets 32% for just existing without dolls. 
Elegance builds up a little too slow and two of the effects are..garbage. Scherzo pushing 3 cells won't matter next patch and the flaming bonus on Hornito is situational at best. The Scherzo bonus just needs to be replaced.

Really i would love all these changes.

Catch me if you can right now is super useless, because how hard it is to stack up and it is really hard to maintain. But 2 cells might be too strong xD although i would be happy if they'll do it.

Also about classy masqeraider. In my opinion the increased range on backbeat and the increased knock back from classablanca are useless since you won't attack outside of melee range and classablanca in the beta will have no knock back damage at all.

But if you really want you can stack elegance in 1 turn and making the effects some kind of base damage buff to spells would be too op. Some form of increased utility would be nice.

Finally my suggestion is a change to the  CARNIVAL passive :
change that the masks you give your ally will have no limitation of turns like those orbs from feca. Right now you need to apply those masks every turn which is annoying and inefficient to use which makes this passive mostly unusable in my eyes.

let's hope we get some more changes in the future.

ps:
Double flaming applied is strong, but no one is going to use it because it suffers from the same problems as the rest of the fire branch.

tbh if you count the flaming damage, hornito with double flaming has the highest dpa in masq's kit.
non-crit 
92 + 75 * 2 flaming = 242 =>  60,5 dpa
for crits
115 + 93*2 = 301 => 75,25 dpa

but flaming is not guaranteed and in most cases won't hit so it's not really viable. Especially since Masq doesn't build lock or has any mp chip abilitys.
0 0
Score : 2445

The Masks

The three masks offer a stat bonus and some conditional bonus. Coward and Psycho give two stat "bonuses" (the -50 resist counts towards this) while Classic mask only gives +20%. I don't think that +20% is too overpowered to where the mask would have a second bonus applied to it. If it gave 30% and didn't have a second effect that would make sense. A boost to critical hit damage would be the benefit that fits the most.

I think you're demanding a bit too much here. Classik mask already gives 5 final damage to allys in 3 cells aoe up to 20 FD which is kinda big.
0 0
Score : 143

I main a fire masq so two of the biggest issues i have with it is 
1. Charades is confusing af to use with any aoe spells, the guaranteed crit will always be useful, but the - or + resist is applied very inconsistently. It only applies to Psykotik in certain circumstances, it applies to fracture for some reason, but i havent been able to get -resists at all with the use of Psyk-Out, which is pretty disappointing since its one of the main attacks you would consider to use with charades. I propose (like anyone is paying attention) that all aoe spells give -50, or +50 resists in their zone of effect. Like how i hear they are treating enutrof -resists nowadays.

2. Fracture: This spell has a few issues, not bringing anything to the table that Psykotik doesn't do, besides -30 heal resist, (which is pretty situational) is a big one. Its much worse than Psykotik in any other role. A much needed change to fracture is to give it more uses to really consider using it in your spell deck. Why not make fracture actually do extra damage to armor, as one of the developers obviously intended. The way the spell is set up now is that it reduces armor by a set amount, unaffected by mastery or dmg%. At level 170 it reduces armor by 86, which is nothing compared to say the 4000 that a panda or something can build up in a turn. I'd even think its fair if the base damage of this spell was reduced if it served the function of doing really nice damage to armor, and give the spell more versatility.

0 0
Respond to this thread