FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Optimal Mask Build/Path?

By ThePuppetx - MEMBER - April 01, 2017, 11:07:09

Hey I haven't played since the major overhaul on most classes and the client.
I want to start playing again and I was thinking to make a new Mask to help adjust to all the updates and changes I've surely missed.

What are the general optimal builds and play styles for mask's right now?
Is Tri build still viable or more viable with new sets, especially at later levels/dungeons?
Is It better to Duo build like Air/Fire and Fire/water for damage or Air/water for utility and heal?
What is it recommended now for Mask's to run with there abilities: Intelligence, strength, agility, chance and major?
Do they still fill the jack of all trades master of none kind of roll as off healers/ dps in dungeons and groups?
Are there any other major updates to masks or general play I should know about or get familiar with since the last time I played?

Sorry If Its kind of a new/ noobish question, I didint see much fourm activity on this kinda topic recently and thought I would be "that person" lol.

0 0
Reactions 20
Score : 9988
  • Water/Air is the most popular build, with the deck change tri is generally harder to pull off due to the limited spell slots, and this is particularly true for Masq.
  • Any build is able to deal damage, however the Air branch is invaluable for the map control and mobility it gives you, which makes Fire/Water hard to fit into 12 spell slots.
  • I run:
  1. 4 Barrier, 10 Resist, 36 HP in Int
  2. 10 General, 20 Single Target, 20 Close Combat in Str
  3. 50 Dodge in Agi
  4. 20 Crit Chance, 30 Rear Mastery in Chance
  5. AP, MP, Resist, Final Damage in Major
This is a fairly standard spread for a PvE Water/Air Masq, you can choose to stat block but generally if you have good resistance it isn't needed for PvE.
  • Yep, they have nice heals although the limited range and tendency to stack backstab damage (which doesn't boost heals) means you can't really be a primary healer on a typical build. Damage is solid and they have great map control.
  • The Masked Spirit now has 6AP and gains up to 6AP that you haven't used at the end of your turn, this allows you to let him do most of the work if you're not in a good position at the start of your turn. He now lasts until he dies or you remove him from field, and has a cooldown of 5 turns.
If you're on Remington you can PM me when I'm online so we can talk directly, IGN: Faeren.
1 0
Score : 359

Sadly I'm not on Remington I'm on Nox.
Do you have any advice If I wanted to go Air Fire? I dont often seem to have a group so It's just myself so the heal abilities from water are less appealing to me untill I can actually convince a few freinds to play with me.
That being said I'm not opposed to playing Air water and being only at levle 40 or so I have time to change my build or restat still.
I've been doing primarily PvE.

My goal Is to work up a decent charecter ( a Mask) so I can help my freinds levle up and keep them interested in playing. Where takeing Healing down the road may be better concidering I'm trying to get some freinds into the game I just really think the Fire mask is cool athstetically and thematically and being able to deal high damage and help them grind would be equally as usefull I think?

Also thank you so much for the advice! its already been great help for me and I hope new players find this and it helps them too!

0 0
Score : 666

Met some tank (high res) / fluctuation / backstab masq. It looks like solid build.

0 0
Score : 1

havent played for a long time, this helps biggrin

0 0
Score : 46

@Tiefoone Hey the Masqueraider is new to me, what kind of role does the build you posted play? Damage Dealer or Tank?

0 0

The build is a bread and butter damage build. Also note, Masq is not a tank, the tank build is used for PvP, in PvE it is not a good idea as while it won't die, it lacks the toolset to actually be a PvE tank, and due to stacking resistance it will have poor damage so wont be a good damage dealer. The ability to stack Charade faster by having low crit does not make up for the loss of mastery and crit that results from building tanky.

PvE Masq should always aim to have a good crit%.

0 0
Score : -392

saying complete bullshit!

0 -5

In PvE your clone becomes a valuable damage source, often the best opening turn is to use Classic Mask, Scherzo twice and let him go to town. However without crit he loses a lot of power as he has no passives to work worth, and of course with low mastery this will drop even more. Even if we consider the Masq itself, the only advantage to nocrit is building Renewal faster, however this is only because you wont crit, so will get stacks from spells. If you have high crit, you can still get it from knockback damage and dodging, and the entire idea of Fluct+Renewal stacking is to murder something with one huge spittoon rather than wasting lots of AP anyway. No crit is only advantageous in PvP.

The loss of Critical Hits and Classic Hits is a detriment to you, your clone and your team's damage output in PvE, full stop.

0 0

you consider that no crit have low mastery, that's where you'e completly wrong.
what is 200 mastery on 3K mastery and 100+% final damage(fluct/liber/carn...),
you gonna do 20/40 damage less on 4/6k damage tongue

But you seems to miss that in PVE mobs hits, and mele are vulnerable, you also miss that you're clone take your resistance,

Ps: barrier on mask is horrible.

0 0
Score : 2315

>taking carnage on masq
My favorite chance combination is to max crits and then dump all to backstab damage 
I really dont like playing around luck (crits) and my teammates generally need healing too so i generally have to have coward mask on. I use gears that focuses on elemental/melee/backstab not crits too so i dont lose damage when i dont crit really when i do %55 of the time i just feel like its a bonus also backbeat will stack renewal even if it crits.

0 0

just stated it as a possibility because many mask take it don't even know why since mask heal a lot so -30% is a huge penality(i really don't recommend carnage, bad idea) but i could have listed contact/elemental smile

0 0

bestsacriair| - MEMBER - Today - 02:18:08
you consider that no crit have low mastery, that's where you'e completly wrong.
what is 200 mastery on 3K mastery and 100+% final damage(fluct/liber/carn...),
you gonna do 20/40 damage less on 4/6k damage tongue

But you seems to miss that in PVE mobs hits, and mele are vulnerable, you also miss that you're clone take your resistance,

Ps: barrier on mask is horrible.

I was referring to the tank build, if you mean a no crit full damage build, no crit being a detriment still applies, if you go fully for getting mastery then yes, your huge spittoon nukes will be bigger than that of someone who goes for crit. However building completely around the gimmick is daft since you've got all your eggs in one basket, when you're unable to pull off the Spittoon nuke, the extra few 100 mastery doesn't make up for the loss of the 25% base damage increase from crit and the final damage from Classic Hits.

Barrier is worth using because it is a small loss of HP for a potentially large reduction in damage taken over the course of a long fight. The fact it doesn't apply to damage dealt to your clone doesn't change this, as more often than not you're going to be getting hit more than your clone will, particularly in PvP.

As for carnage, the Final Damage on it does carry over to your clone, but so does the -heals, it's worth using in dungeon rooms or for mobs where you won't need to be doing a lot of healing, but it's generally better not to use it in longer fights.
0 0

well don't mind you wouldn't understand what a real mask is smile
i have some build with 2.5/3K mastery(primary and secondary) with 73/75% res all.

0 -3

You mean the kind of build any fully geared endgame masq has? Truly incredible.

0 0

ThePuppetx| - MEMBER - Yesterday - 05:07:11
Sadly I'm not on Remington I'm on Nox.
Do you have any advice If I wanted to go Air Fire? I dont often seem to have a group so It's just myself so the heal abilities from water are less appealing to me untill I can actually convince a few freinds to play with me.
That being said I'm not opposed to playing Air water and being only at levle 40 or so I have time to change my build or restat still.
I've been doing primarily PvE.

My goal Is to work up a decent charecter ( a Mask) so I can help my freinds levle up and keep them interested in playing. Where takeing Healing down the road may be better concidering I'm trying to get some freinds into the game I just really think the Fire mask is cool athstetically and thematically and being able to deal high damage and help them grind would be equally as usefull I think?

Also thank you so much for the advice! its already been great help for me and I hope new players find this and it helps them too!

At lower levels (<80) Air/Fire or Water/Fire are preferable. AoE is strong at lower levels due to mob behaviour, and you'll often be solo or in small groups which makes AoE a more efficient way to clear mobs. The Air and Water branches aren't as strong at lower levels as heals do not scale in a linear fashion, and are rather poor at low levels, additonally at low levels you usually don't have the AP to do a lot of positioning with Air, though Classtanet is invaluable for movement and backstab regardless of level. When I scale down I usually go Air/Fire.
2 -1
Respond to this thread