By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

0% crit builds vs "look at all these crits" builds

By Azumite - MEMBER - January 24, 2017, 08:09:18

Its late at night for me and I was thinking about my masq and how to best the most optimized piece of moogr dung ever. And the following questioned popped into my head.

Which has more consistent damage output: Charade based build (0% crit with psycho mask) or a "standard" build (with about 70-80% crit)

There are a lot of factors to consider (like that it's possible to get 100% crit with Elegance. ) but it's kinda late and I'm hoping the masked community will help me toss around ideas

0 0
Reactions 7
Score : 8711

The advantage of a non-crit build is simply that you do not need to stat crit or hunt for crit on gear. This leaves you free to stat more backstab, or instead go for block or conditional resists, as well as letting you grab tank gear or brute damage items that lack crit. The in-combat advantage is purely being able to stack Renewal quickly, this works well on a tank build as you will be able to keep the Revival buff on yourself or the opponent nearly every turn.

Crit is superior for consistent damage, at the cost of having to stat crit and hunt for crit on gear. This is indisputable, as due to Masq's high mastery thanks to passives it is currently impossible for any mastery gains from going non-crit to outweigh the 25% base damage increase from critical hits. This is further compounded by Final Damage buffs from Classic Mask and how reliant the Masked Spirit is on crits and the Classic Hits buff to deal damage, without these he loses a significant amount of damage. To this you may respond that Renewal gives you a 100% crit chance, but this is only for one hit, and if you are wanting to be tanky, you will often spend that crit to give yourself the Resist bonus.

2 0
Score : 1239

I was actually thinking that if you had enough FD that would be at least equal the damage you get from performing critical hits. But a guess the 15 FD + the FD bonus from Classic would still make critical hits better

0 0
Score : 1101

On the same note, I was wondering if it's worth it to have Charade passive when you have 85%CH (with classic mask). I mean, is the -100 res on the mob worth it? I was thinking of adding Classy masquereider instead. I dont plan on playing with double just to add up to 100%, as I have very little critical mastery itself, of course that would be nice. 

0 0
Score : 8711

The -100 res is certainly worth it, -100 resistance basically increases all damage against the target by 25%, and this lasts until the start of your next turn so it helps your allies out too. Generally any time I run Tropikoko I position the boss while keeping the res debuff on it every turn. It could be worth dropping Charade for another passive in dungeon rooms if you're not big on BIG SPITTOON style play and prefer to wallop stuff.

0 0
Score : 1101

I really appreciate the BIG SPITTOON biggrin thanks a lot for the reply!

0 0
Score : 1232

What is a tanky build btw? I'm interested. My Masq is mostly supporty (heals, map control, etc) and it'd be fun to keep him for those and make my Sram mostly as dps. Although I don't think he can outshine a proper healer, he does some stuff with air and water branch. 

0 0
Score : 3969

its mainly a build maskraiders use for pvp purposes,as they have great selfheals,if combined with good tankiness,they can almost last forever in a fight if heal resist wasn't a thing

0 0
Respond to this thread