By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Are Masquerraiders utterly broken?

By lCE3 - MEMBER (+) - January 19, 2017, 08:25:08

As a level 100~ Ecaflip, I've seen my fair share of parties and characters. I do feel that my damage is usually on par with most of other classes that build for damage as well, but there's this little thing that even 15 levels below me seems to do everything that I can do two-to-three times as better.

Masqs seem to move twice as much as I can move, and steadily hit twice as hard at least. When I'm struggling to deal 1.2k damage in my turn, a Masq seems to easily nuke for 2k. If I were to heal, I'd heal for 100~ after heavily spamming fleas, while a Masq can easily burst for 450 - each healing, which they may repeatedly cast on themselves in the same turn.

Whether they are in my party or I am fighting against them, Masqs seem an overwhelming force. So I ask Ye of the Forums, what is the deal with the Masqs?

1 -1
Reactions 5
Score : 868

get the mask and the double and hit it with AOE. GG.

they suffer damage through double for AOE and they are a very squishy class for melee (hence usually built tanky end game).

SCO

0 -1
Score : 149

I did note that. While as Ecaflip I excel in area damage, and positioning the copy close enough with the Masq would render massive amounts of damage, it seems that it's a known strategy because Masqs rarely use the copy against me.

Seems it ain't that easy.

0 0
Score : 1239

Long story short Masq excel at their role. Making sure one specific thing (in arms reach) dies. And they have the tools(passive and such) to make sure it dies, or at least it has lost a couple of limbs. (Iops do this too and I'm surprised you aren't as impressed with them as Masqueraiders)

As an Ecaflip, you have a lot of tools spread over a bunch of different stuff. . Just to list a few things your effective range is better, you can shield yourself, heal single targets or groups, remove resist, cat tree (which is basically, at the very least, a one-time damage immunity.

TLDR: We aren't utterly broken, we just excel at what we were designed to do

Masq, I hurt stuff in CC (or play support and heal with my spit)
Ecaflip/Panda : Why can't I hold all these options?

1 0
Score : 149

I think you are technically correct, Azumite (the best kind of correct).

The options of the Masqs seem a little basic and simple, but isn't their performance at their tasks excessive?

Maybe I'm just generally poorly prepared, because I see a massive discrepancy in the numbers. A shield of 200 of HP cannot possibly withstand an incoming attack o 1600 of damage, when my maximum HP is at 3k. Dealing 600 of Hp a luckless turn, when the Masq can heal easily 800.

All these tools mean little if the damage I deal is still less than what the Masq can heal.

0 0
Score : 1239
lCE3|2017-01-19 21:57:30
I think you are technically correct, Azumite (the best kind of correct).

The options of the Masqs seem a little basic and simple, but isn't their performance at their tasks excessive?

Maybe I'm just generally poorly prepared, because I see a massive discrepancy in the numbers. A shield of 200 of HP cannot possibly withstand an incoming attack o 1600 of damage, when my maximum HP is at 3k. Dealing 600 of Hp a luckless turn, when the Masq can heal easily 800.

All these tools mean little if the damage I deal is still less than what the Masq can heal.

I don't PvP very much, but when I do I can confirm I have pulled off some janky BS.
Excessive, at times yeah. But you can plan/play around the bursts

Random SIdenote: I'm going to assume you both are on equal footing, same level and equivalent gear; I find that a fickle excuse. If you have the knowledge then those things should be less of a favor
0 0
Respond to this thread