FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Want to change my build, opinions?

By Mynamewastakenso - MEMBER - August 06, 2016, 03:44:36

Hey , so I've been playing my masq for a while now it's tri btw and I'm not really feeling the whole thing anymore , dies easily and the damage isn't what I want.So I'm looking for a new build preferably tri but I wouldn't mind a dual also. So please advice smile

Oh I haven't been playing recently so I'm not aware if they've been any recent changes

0 0
Reactions 6
Score : 2227

I'd like this too. I started masq about a month ago and I'm still struggling with a good build. Tank masq seems the best route and I'd really prefer not to have another tank. However, to get good dps you need to be in melee and without good resists (i.e., tank) you get clobbered. I also tried ranged masq and that's a dud too.

0 0
Score : 341

Are you tri also? I'm considering switching back to dual tbh. But then gear stress

0 0
Score : 2227

I'm fire/water at the moment. If I go damage tank it'll switch to air/water. I try to avoid tri-builds if I can.

0 0
Score : 4174
deadcafe|2016-08-11 06:22:45
I'm fire/water at the moment. If I go damage tank it'll switch to air/water. I try to avoid tri-builds if I can.
Tank Masq are great! Going with a single target build in particular helps you make up for any possible damage you may miss when it comes to gear. It opens up secondary damage options.

With both CC as well as Single target, you end up with great damage on top of a sturdy body.

I highly recommend stating armor if you haven't already. While you do end up with a smaller double, you open yourself up for neat plays especially later on.

If an attack that ignores armor hits your double, you are fine. Your armor will soak it up instead.

Definitely play around with it! I hope you have fun.
1 -1
Score : 341

Can you explain the tank build a bit more please? Also gear help please I'm around 166 i think haven't played in a while. Tired of my average tri build and being squishy

0 0
Score : 9250

As a Tank masq you stack Block+Conditional Resistance in your Chance tree, everything else will be the same as usual, max res +hp and maybe some barrier in Int, ST+CC and the rest in general in Str and all Dodge in Agi. You'll then gear to be tanky, ideally reaching high 70% to low 80% res outside of combat. In combat you can further buff your res with Renewal, which will stack even faster as having this build results in very low crit%, or if you get gear like Kannipaulettes and Fright Saber then 0% crit or less. This combo lets you be obnoxiously tanky any turn you proc Revival on yourself.

Upsides of this build are:

• Can kill almost anything that isn't a Feca or Sadida in PvP due to huge resist, block and sustain from healing.
  • Basically gets an extra spell slot since you don't need Classic Mask.
  • Still has respectable burst damage output thanks to Renewal.

The downsides of this build are:
  • Relatively unhelpful in PvE.
  • Cannot buff with Classic Mask, is restricted to buffing with Carnival.
  • You clone's damage output takes a huge hit because he loses Final Damage bonuses from you and Critical Hits, he'll hit like a kitten.
  • You are divided between using Renewal for your critical hit nuke and your self buff which can be awkward.
  • Building tanky takes a toll on your dodge, which makes Renewal stacking less reliable as you are easier to lock.
  • While you still have Revival nuke burst, your regular damage goes does significantly due to the damage losses from tank gear, low dodge, and lack of crit, further compounded by your clone being weak too.
I really only suggest this build if you are very interested in PvP or play alone/have friends who will still take you to dungeons if you're not hecka PvE optimized. If you'd like a more balanced build Air/Water can go full damage while still maintaining very good resistance.
0 0
Respond to this thread