By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The great compendium of Masqueraider bugs.

By Tiefoone - MEMBER - April 28, 2016, 02:24:23

I'd like to organize bugs specific to Masq into one report and push to get them solved, as some of these have existed for years and are still a pain in the ass to this day. If there are any I have missed feel free to add them, be sure to include reproductibility process, screenshots are also a bonus.

• Clone Relog Bug: If you relog in battle while your Masked Spirit is active it will lose all of its spells and have to be replaced. Can easily be reproduced as it happens every time.
  • Clone Mask Bug: If you place your clone with a mask, then change masks back and forth he will lose the mask. For example you place him with Classic, then change to Coward, nothing happens, but when you next change back to Classic Mask he now loses his Classic Mask (it doesn't happen if you change to Psycho though). This has existed forever and seems to be caused as the mask being granted to the clone is treated the same way as giving a mask to an ally with carnival. Like above this is easily reproduced.
  • Knockback Armor Bug: Knockback damage does not penetrate armor, but used to before an older patch I can't pinpoint exactly, it still cannot be blocked though. This isn't entirely Masqueraider specific but it probably influences them the most. Also easy to reporduce.
  • Classerole Corpse Glyph Bug: If you kill a target that goes into the downed state with classerole while it is standing on a glyph such as firewall or edge tiles the corpse will follow you as long as the cell it is moving to also has a glyph on it. This only happens on glyphs that activate when you walk on them, not feca glyphs and death tiles. This likely works with Sadidas K'mir too. Easily reproduced.
  • Disparnumerophobia Bug: Psycho mask gives 15% FD instead of 20%.
1 0
Reactions 13
Score : 4173
Tiefoone|2016-04-28 02:24:23
I'd like to organize bugs specific to Masq into one report and push to get them solved, as some of these have existed for years and are still a pain in the ass to this day. If there are any I have missed feel free to add them, be sure to include reproductibility process, screenshots are also a bonus.
  • Clone Relog Bug: If you relog in battle while your Masked Spirit is active it will lose all of its spells and have to be replaced. Can easily be reproduced as it happens every time.
  • Clone Mask Bug: If you place your clone with a mask, then change masks back and forth he will lose the mask. For example you place him with Classic, then change to Coward, nothing happens, but when you next change back to Classic Mask he now loses his Classic Mask (it doesn't happen if you change to Psycho though). This has existed forever and seems to be caused as the mask being granted to the clone is treated the same way as giving a mask to an ally with carnival. Like above this is easily reproduced.
  • Knockback Armor Bug: Knockback damage does not penetrate armor, but used to before an older patch I can't pinpoint exactly, it still cannot be blocked though. This isn't entirely Masqueraider specific but it probably influences them the most. Also easy to reporduce.
  • Classerole Corpse Glyph Bug: If you kill a target that goes into the downed state with classerole while it is standing on a glyph such as firewall or edge tiles the corpse will follow you as long as the cell it is moving to also has a glyph on it. This only happens on glyphs that activate when you walk on them, not feca glyphs and death tiles. This likely works with Sadidas K'mir too. Easily reproduced.
Honestly if they could just fix the Clone relog bug that would the best...all this time and we STILL have this bug. If it wasn't for Dance of Death my clone would be sitting in a corner crocheting me a Justice Knight dakimakura while it waits for the darn fight to end.
1 0
Score : 9086

Damn it feels like we're the only ones who post on this subforum lately.

0 0
Score : 4173
Tiefoone|2016-04-28 21:13:46
Oh I am just really passionate about Masq both lorewise and gamewise. :3cccc
0 0
Score : 222

Im here too but i dont have much thing to write so i generally just read

-Masked Masker teh autistic cancer (I use this char while im at school)

BTW i lived that clones mask disaperaring bug a lot it really is annoying

0 0
Score : 35615
Tiefoone|2016-04-28 21:13:46
Im sorry for leaving you guys papa masq just dont wanna be abused by ankama anymore
0 0
Score : 53

Today I saw a clone of my masq when he uses Fracture on an enemy. The clone appears right in front the masq then disappear. He appears about 1/2 of the time.

0 0
Score : 79

The best masqueraider bug I ever saw, was when I was still playing at amara. Only worked there. Maybe it was the same on other servers or it was just fixed the same time I got to Remington, but as soon as I started on remington it was gone.
With Elegance my double only needed to deal collision dmg once and it was lvl 40 at once.

The other bugs, especially when positioning with casserole is messed up are more annoying.

0 0
Score : 1671
Tiefoone|2016-04-28 02:24:23
Actually, that's not a bug, because Dy7 mentioned the final damage decrease was because they didn't want to center Masq. around dealing damage only.

Though, a bug that annoys everyone, is when I cast Hornito, sometimes (but not always) the animation keeps rolling until I move/get attacked/cast another spell.
0 0

It's a joke, Disparnumerophobia is a fear of uneven numbers.

0 0
Score : 8898

Might be a bit off topic, but i get the feeling that my Spirit is doing WAY LESS damage then my Masque itself.

I am using a mostly Air Masque + the Single target Water spells
"Artful Dodger" for Melee damage, "Mask Master" for rear damage
and equip-wise, mostly single target.

So my actual question is: AS WHAT does the Spirit count???

Does it still count as MELEE even if Masque is on the other side of the field?
Does it count as REAR if Spirit is behind enemy but enemy is facing Masque?
Could i practically summon Spirit and leave the Masque somewhere in a corner without loosing much damage on the casted spells? (not my style,but both in cc always depletes my HP so fast...)

Thanks in advance forany useful information.

0 0

The Masked Spirit benefits from none of the abilities/buffs your passives provide, however it does get the Backstab and Close Combat mastery from Masked Master and Artful Dodger, so it should have the same total mastery as you in combat. He is generally weaker than you due to not having passives to work with, and not inherting your Final Damage Major, however you can help him out by wearing Classic Mask and whacking stuff while in his vicinity, which will give him some much needed Final Damage.

I have an Air/Water guide for Masq that's slipped into page 2 purgatory if you want to read it.

0 0
Score : 281

I dunno if this one is a bug or not but i found it weird:
" When you get Revival (Renewal stack=30), if u use any of your active spell (Mask, DoD) it consumes the buff. It does the same when you pick up a bonus from the speed turn (or i dunno how to call it XD)"

0 0
Score : -3

I have it too and it's pretty annoying.

0 0
Respond to this thread