FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Metagaming the Masqueraider

By Pointyy June 14, 2013, 23:30:47
Reactions 54
Score : 36880

That I can't answer you it's something with the classic mask and the way the wearer gains damage that i'm still not 100% knowledgable about as its not very uhh obvious? in its description it says only allies but gamelog tells you you are getting a bonus which just makes it confusing.

But again what is even the point of this conversation anymore? We get it. You don't like MS.

Me and bbeforea like it you don't. It's settled there is literally nothing more to discuss about it

Let's talk about something else?

What do you think would be better used in place of MS?

0 0
Score : 402
MiniMikeh|2013-08-15 09:03:46
That I can't answer you it's something with the classic mask and the way the wearer gains damage that i'm still not 100% knowledgable about as its not very uhh obvious? in its description it says only allies but gamelog tells you you are getting a bonus which just makes it confusing.

That's pretty interesting. The French description also specifies allies. Could be a bug or just something related to MS. Do you observe this behaviour when not using MS?
But again what is even the point of this conversation anymore? We get it. You don't like MS.

Me and bbeforea like it you don't. It's settled there is literally nothing more to discuss about it

I just don't think MS is amazingly OP, that's all.

Read my previous post at the end of page 2.
0 0
Pointyy|2013-08-15 09:15:55

That's pretty interesting. The French description also specifies allies. Could be a bug or just something related to MS. Do you observe this behaviour when not using MS?

I just don't think MS is amazingly OP, that's all.

Read my previous post at the end of page 2.
Yeah I see it when not using MS.

When MS uses spells I gain the classic mask damage bonus just like Pab did or any other ally would.

But when i'm solo it does a thing in game log but no icon shows up on the top its probably bugged i'm still not sure.

don't get me wrong I don't think MS is OP either or even like "amazing" I just think it's useful enough to warrant stating. Especially since I can use it to cover my back for fugue spam but again that's just me @[email protected]

how do you feel towards charade and carnival?
0 0
MiniMikeh|2013-08-15 10:03:53
Yeah I see it when not using MS.

When MS uses spells I gain the classic mask damage bonus just like Pab did or any other ally would.

But when i'm solo it does a thing in game log but no icon shows up on the top its probably bugged i'm still not sure.

I see.
MiniMikeh|2013-08-15 10:03:53
how do you feel towards charade and carnival?

Not sure of the mechanics of Charade. Once you max it out will it dissipate next turn? Can I use it to gain +1 WP every 3 turns? Or is it a one-time thing? If I can use it to gain +1WP every 3 turns, then sure, it's not too bad with a CH build - use CM/DoD/BoW/MM/Charade and you can get some nice stacks and decent buffs.
The only other problem with Charade is that DoD is the only thing you can sink WP in to. And DoD by itself is only 10% damage once you get over lvl 100. With BoW you can get your bonus WP, but really BoW is pretty mediocre too. But together it's a nice combo. +7% damage per crit, +1 AP (75%), each crit +20 Renewl, +10 lvl from DoD, a 2 AP every 2 turns from BoW, +CH damage, up to 1WP every 3 turns. It's a very sustainable build with a lot of potential. For long fights this would be a great build.

(EDIT: Actually that's not true because of course the last skill in each of the Masq's trees use WP - BoW+Charade=Free Classablanca every 3 turns)

I still don't like Carnival. Psychopath Mask on a Sac would be nice, Classic Mask on someone who loves crits (maybe with a water Eca in your party too, though they are quite nerfed right now). I personally wouldn't put more than 1 point in to it unless you are building as a very supporty Masq. The range is prohibitive and 4AP is a lot for something you could cast on yourself for 1AP...
0 0
Score : 735

If u reach lv 100 on masq and can beat either my lv 85 masq, lv 99 cra or lv 109 xelor without MS i will give u 50,000 kamas (or an item as i'm not sure i have that amount). That is how confident i am about MS.
I will also apologize on here and call my self a donkey.

1 -1
BbeforeA|2013-08-15 13:16:16
If u reach lv 100 on masq and can beat either my lv 85 masq, lv 99 cra or lv 109 xelor without MS i will give u 50,000 kamas (or an item as i'm not sure i have that amount). That is how confident i am about MS.
Why do you continue to troll here? >_>

A 100 Masq would have 75 more hp, 17% more base spell damage, at least 15% more mastery damage and mastery resist, 75 more support points and 75 more attribute points. Even if it's a mono element Masq it will 25+15+15+17=72% more base damage straight up - not to mention it's mastery will cause your damage to be reduced by 15+25=40% in whatever element it specs (which would be air).

Your claim is pretty ridiculous. Even if a lvl 100 Masq specs no support skills at all it will beat your 85 and it's MS...
0 0
Pointyy|2013-08-15 16:31:19
BbeforeA|2013-08-15 13:16:16
Why do you continue to troll here? >_>

A 100 Masq would have 75 more hp, 17% more base spell damage, at least 15% more mastery damage and mastery resist, 75 more support points and 75 more attribute points. Even if it's a mono element Masq it will 25+15+15+17=72% more base damage straight up - not to mention it's mastery will cause your damage to be reduced by 15+25=40% in whatever element it specs (which would be air).

Your claim is pretty ridiculous. Even if a lvl 100 Masq specs no support skills at all it will beat your 85 and it's MS...
Get to lv 100 then come and get your 50,000 kamas then.

U missed out lv 100 gear beats lv 85 gear. Gear is the most important part of being strong. It's extremely difficult for a half decent lv 100 to lose to any lv 85. Especially if it's a masq vs masq. No matter how little u think the difference in power is that difference will result in the lv 100 winning, unless of course it's 2v1 thanks to my masked spirit (my opinion as u don't think so).

I'm not trolling, I'm just so sure that masked spirit is a must for a PVP damage masq because you can double your damage for at least 1 turn, while easily avoiding AOEs, and i have absolutely no doubt about that.
On the other hand here u are, someone who actually thinks the complete opposite and is arguing their point so much that it seems they too have no doubt about their side of the argument and are not just being silly.

So i want to see your side, that's all. That's why i'm happy to wait until u get to lv 100.
0 0
BbeforeA|2013-08-15 17:27:50

U missed out lv 100 gear beats lv 85 gear. Gear is the most important part of being strong. It's extremely difficult for a half decent lv 100 to lose to any lv 85. Especially if it's a masq vs masq. No matter how little u think the difference in power is that difference will result in the lv 100 winning, unless of course it's 2v1 thanks to my masked spirit (my opinion as u don't think so).

I'm not trolling, I'm just so sure that masked spirit is a must for a PVP damage masq because you can double your damage for at least 1 turn, while easily avoiding AOEs, and i have absolutely no doubt about that.
On the other hand here u are, someone who actually thinks the complete opposite and is arguing their point so much that it seems they too have no doubt about their side of the argument and are not just being silly.

So i want to see your side, that's all. That's why i'm happy to wait until u get to lv 100.

Sorry but there's no way the maths supports you on that one. A level 85 with MS is inferior to a level 100 without MS.

Are you really that desperate to say "hurr my Masq is the best ever"?

This thread is about theorycrafting and metagaming, not about "my Masq is better than yours". Like you said, "It's extremely difficult for a half decent lv 100 to lose to any lv 85. Especially if it's a masq vs masq", the difference in power is huge.

I think MiniMikeh has a level 105 Masq, he might be willing to respec if you really want to test it that bad. But I'd be extremely surprised if you beat him, and if so it's probably more about player than Masq.
0 0

U think i'm wrong but i don't. Only way to change my mind is to prove it.

0 0
BbeforeA|2013-08-15 20:29:16
U think i'm wrong but i don't. Only way to change my mind is to prove it.
We would have to fight literally thousands of times before we had enough data to even start to form a conclusion.

Alternately, maths.
0 0
Pointyy|2013-08-15 20:17:26
BbeforeA|2013-08-15 17:27:50

Sorry but there's no way the maths supports you on that one. A level 85 with MS is inferior to a level 100 without MS.

Are you really that desperate to say "hurr my Masq is the best ever"?

This thread is about theorycrafting and metagaming, not about "my Masq is better than yours". Like you said, "It's extremely difficult for a half decent lv 100 to lose to any lv 85. Especially if it's a masq vs masq", the difference in power is huge.

I think MiniMikeh has a level 105 Masq, he might be willing to respec if you really want to test it that bad. But I'd be extremely surprised if you beat him, and if so it's probably more about player than Masq.
I have a 105 and a 110 tongue (the 110 is my main though)

but bbeforea theres literally no reason to argue over it anymore we're trying to discuss other stuff @[email protected]
0 0
Score : 1698

Masks look interesting, I've thought about making one but my main concern is that it doesn't seem in demand for well, anything. I don't want to lvl up a char to 110+ only to realize I can't do anything. What are you guys' experience doing endgame content with a mask?

0 0

Yeh i'm not arguing. Just waiting to see if pointyy ever gets to lv 100 before i can see how strong his/her masq will be without MS. That's all.

0 0
BbeforeA|2013-08-17 18:40:50
Yeh i'm not arguing. Just waiting to see if pointyy ever gets to lv 100 before i can see how strong his/her masq will be without MS. That's all.
I'm free player so xp is pretty nerfed, but apart from that I'm leveling 15 different toons and don't play very much anyway, so not really bothered with leveling up a masq just so I can beat a lower level masq and say "well thats what the maths told is in the first place".

At level 100 I think any masq will have MS...
0 -1
Noobility|2013-08-17 18:26:10
Masks look interesting, I've thought about making one but my main concern is that it doesn't seem in demand for well, anything. I don't want to lvl up a char to 110+ only to realize I can't do anything. What are you guys' experience doing endgame content with a mask?
I get to go to almost everything if I ask to go

obvious exceptions to that are BC since we're mostly melee but who even needs to fight BC anymore? white crow is garbage and the feathers sell for almost nothing anymore.
0 0
Respond to this thread