This devblog is going to give you more details on the Shustufft Crust Dimension which will arrive soon in WAKFU!

General

Shustufft Crust consists of a series of islands that includes one or more specific ecosystems related to each Shushu family and their dungeons.

These are organized one after another in a way that you must have completed the previous island’s dungeon in order to access the next island.

During the February update, only one island will be available. Because of the Shustufft Crust dimension being independent from the other content, we have already planned to regularly add new dungeons and new rewards in future updates.

Dungeons

In Shustufft Crust, dungeons have special rules. They have only one room and entering them does not require a key.

The level of monsters is not fixed because the difficulty adapts to the highest player level of the group. For example: A group of 3 players level 125, 130, 2 players 130 and 1 player 135 will face a group of level 135 monsters.

Even if there is no maximum level, a minimum level of the dungeons monsters is set. Therefore they will never be below this level.

In the ecosystem the monsters level is also set, it is based on the minimum level of the dungeon. For example, the first island of monsters will have level 100 monsters.

Each dungeon will have a daily quest which will bring you many rewards, but only for the first daily victory:
  • A bonus experience gain
  • The possibility to get the Boss’s special resource

The Boss specific challenges can increase the rate of the drop of the special resource to 100% (the base is 40%).

With each victory, players will be able to get a generic resource, which is present in all dungeons. The amount received will depend on the level of the monsters.

Please note that from the first victory, an achievement will offer a larger amount of resources.

These 2 types of resources are needed in order to make Shushu equipment items.

Also note that the access to the dungeons will be reserved to players with a certain level. This level is generally lower than the recommended level.

Rewards

The equipment items cannot be obtained directly at the end of combat, but must be made ​​using crafting.

Direct rewards exist but are mainly cosmetic such as: Insignias, titles, pets or even Shushu Fireworks to launch visual effects outside of combat, not forgetting of course the amount of generic resources received for each victory.

Equipment Items

The novelty of the Shushu equipment items comes from the fact that they offer new types of bonuses.

They will be applied in the form of a passive combat state that triggers under certain conditions.

Here is a preview of the items (Localization pending):

These new effects, possibly combined in some cases, will increase the effectiveness of different style of gameplay and will give players the opportunity to improve their role or to fill some gaps

We are hoping that you will like this new content and we will be waiting for you in the kingdom of Rushu…

Category: Game design

This page has been shared 1 time(s)

Speechless Crobak
S48GSII 28 January 2014 18:40
Oh no..
Finally!
Items with pasives...and not lvl 30(hello to polter set or moogr...)
Ecstatic Whisperer
ThyHolyOverlord 28 January 2014 18:46
This is sexy :O

Please tell me they make rude remarks when you wear them, it would be perfect!
Squited Arachnee
Mr-buddy2u 28 January 2014 18:49
anyone care to translate for us dumdums that don't speak french.i kind of want to know what bonus will do.
Squited Arachnee
cbunny 28 January 2014 18:50
Excited!!
This sounds fun and inventive with much potential. I hope there will be some direct nods to the anime like in some of the past dungeons.

A lost little Grany? xD

I can't wait to see the cosmetic items either. Can I hope for a little shushu to follow me around? ^^
Ancient Eradicator
GodIsWithUs 28 January 2014 18:52
The best content, in terms of potential and thoughtfulness, that Ankama has created to date without a doubt in my opinion. This is what Frigost and such should have been doing. Very good way to start the year. It will be expanded, no more having to waste time going through rooms to get to the boss, all equipment craftable, and should give a challenge every time with better rewards for being a higher level, and the return of unique states. Plus, states like earth conversion are best for mono builds. so no build seems to be forgotten. I applaud you Ankama. It is the first big idea that is worthy of making Wakfu a successor.

If all the gear will have general damage Stasis Foggernaut could have excellent potential with these. Btw, if I'm not mistaken, Eskarina or Hush stated that they will make general damage work with heals. They will try to do it this patch, but might be delayed until the next patch.
Gynrei 28 January 2014 19:08

(GodIsWithUs @ 28 January 2014 18:52) *

I just fainted. You'll have to take my word for it, sorry.
Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey
RaVeN-Fifteen 28 January 2014 19:23
Looks great! If only I could sub to play! I have asked for help in more than one thread, submitted a ticket, messaged you directly, yet no one has responded. I still see plenty of Moderator activity after my posts, yet no one is helping me with my issue.

There are so many other people trying to play, but they cannot subscribe as well. When is it going to be a bigger priority to help players get around the sub issue, over new content that will lead to more bugs?

If you guys find time to help the ticket number is NIG-241780.
Teethless Sharkie
Kaitenzushi 28 January 2014 19:25

(ThyHolyOverlord @ 28 January 2014 18:46) *
Please tell me they make rude remarks when you wear them, it would be perfect!
That would be wonderful

* Wall 75% - While your health is lower than 75%: +10% resist
* Reblood 33% - While your health is lower than 33%, at the start of your turn heal 2% health
* Berserk 66% - While your health is lower than 66%, +5% on damage
* Earth conversion - 2% of your damages received are converted into earth damage
* Fortification - +0.40% resist for every 1% health you are missing
* Rage - +0.40% damage for every 1% health you are missing

Also known as: ouchiewawa!
TommyTrouble 28 January 2014 20:17
Oh my god, Regen armor. *SQUEEEE*

I'm curious as to how some of these equipment passives will trigger during PvP. I hope they take the PvP Vitality into account for their trigger conditions.