Ankama Convention: Free Admission! Info - 2014-03-10 20:00

Players, experts, spectators... which group will be coming to the convention without the need to purchase a ticket? The answer is: All of them! Indeed, the Ankama Convention will opens its doors on May 2nd 2014 in Lille France, for free, to all the fans! Other universes and exclusivities await you beyond  the celebration of 10 years of DOFUS the alter-ego of your WAKFU game…

Mark your calendars for May 2nd until May 4th at the Gare Saint-Sauveur in Lille, France!

The return of the Ankama Convention will be under the sign of 10 years of DOFUS, but also to celebrate 2 years of WAKFU: a special occasion to look into the mirror and relive everything we have done together, the Ankama teams and you, as well as a reflection on the best to come for your MMORPG and on everything that is gravitating around the Ankama universes.

This convention will be packed with events for hardcore fans, there will be contests, rare in-game items, a shop packed with merch, screenings, signing, and surprises linked to this year's content theme (but... will the theme be revealed soon?). This will be an event etched into Ankama's history for all time... and you can get in for free!

Check back with us regularly for updates about what you can expect at the convention on May 2 through May 4!

Ambitious Crackapult
Soundtrack8 11 March 2014 07:07

but... will the theme be revealed soon?
Are you trying to tell me this years god-damned theme is "Soon" (i think celay got it first :x)
or rather, all your unfinished business. Thats a sick joke if it is D:
But if so- i really, really, really, really hope everything that people have been asking about (I think there was a thread about it in general discussion) will be included. Or explanations as to why theyre not.

* * * *

Hopefully some players / ankama will be able to deliver the inside scoop from the convention :U
Ugly Gobball
shamgar 11 March 2014 18:31
plane ticket for items... hmmm... prolly not XD
Featherless Piwi
Nexxin 12 March 2014 11:08
You guys should do what Blizzcon did, have online tickets and stream all of your events so we can all come along!
Ugly Gobball
CupcakeKarma 13 March 2014 13:55
I'm with shamgar, plane tickets for items... no
Karakedi 13 March 2014 18:21
Sorry Ankama, I can barely buy me a subscription every month. I can't afford to buy plane ticket's for me and my bf. Not only that, but for a company who treats their customers disrespectful, it's not worth it. Especially not for virtual items.

We give you enough money monthly already, how about you give us back something in return? Like a game computer or a game mouse, game keyboard, things like that. All the other companies do things like that, why can't you? This way you would show your players that you respect them, and make it worth going to France. At least players would get the feeling that they get back something nice for it.

I guess Ankama is too greedy for that :/
Lazy Bow Meow
106484251 14 March 2014 11:06
how to get into the game
Short Strich
PeterKJ 17 March 2014 21:51

(Karakedi @ 13 March 2014 18:21) *

I guess Ankama is too greedy for that :/

I really do believe you've been spoiled by the other companies... You shouldn't expect anything in return for your subscription, other than a game that functions as it is intended.
As to gifts and a like, they hold a special value as to being rare and such... Even me a college student is actually thinking of using my last money on going to the convention, just because they're being nice to make it free and hopefully be a rare experience.

I hope i did not offend you xD I really just hate when people expect to anything in return, it simply shouldn't be expected as the company isn't obligated to do anything for you, other than to provide a game that will allow you to get from lvl 1-145 (so far)
Ugly Gobball
Ethelwolf 18 March 2014 13:53

(PeterKJ @ 17 March 2014 21:51) *

(Karakedi @ 13 March 2014 18:21) *

I guess Ankama is too greedy for that :/

Not to ruin your high exceptions, but the game does not work as intended. Lots of bugs, lots of glitches and items should be given to everyone anyway as a logging gift.
Featherless Piwi
NietherAngelNorDemon 18 March 2014 18:33
I agree that it's too expensive for those who are farther away to buy plane tickets to this event and recommend in the years to come that if you can, it would be lovely if you had smaller conventions around the world that would be closer to home to the many different place that everyone comes for in order to make it less of a challenge to be able to get there and have a good time. The convention should be for us gamers to get together, make friends, and have a good time but its hard to do that for most of us when so much money is involved, even if we really want to go. Please keep this in mind for the years to come, thank you.