Are you a WAKFU fan? Do you regularly travel to conventions to meet us? Or do you simply want to help represent your community in your own special way. Then this contest is for you!
If you already came to visit us at a convention, for example: Japan Expo or maybe Toulouse Game Show, you know that we enjoy to give some goodies to the fans who makes ââthe trip.
And while we understand that the International Community is so vast and can’t always travel such distance to come to meet us at conventions, for our next meetings, we would like to offer you to be able to participate your own way, by creating a convention exclusive in-game costume that will represent your community!
This costume must perfectly represent the WAKFU fan that you are while your imagination and creativity can do the rest.
After we dug into our brains (Iop style), we decided that this costume would be more representative of the WAKFU fans if it was you who created it.
Here is what we offer to you with this contest:
Invent "the" in-game costume that will best represent a "WAKFU MMO Fan" (or what WAKFU MMO is for you) which we will be offering you at the next conventions.
The two year celebration of your favorite MMO is approaching, as well as for the Ankama Convention too, and we thought this contest was a good opportunity to celebrate this with you...
The contest will take place in the following stages:
- Send us your participation in a form of an illustration before Sunday, March 2nd at 10:59 PM GMT / 5:59 PM EST / 2:59 PM PST.
- The Ankama team will select three costumes which will be considered as the most representative of the "WAKFU MMO fan", and the most feasible in terms of visual and technical aspect of its creation.
- From the 10th to the 12th of March (10:59 PM GMT / 5:59 PM EST / 2:59 PM PST), a community poll will be launched on the WAKFU website, so that you can vote for the costume you prefer among the three we would have previously selected.
- And finally onThursday, March 13th, we will reveal the winner!
The winner will win three months of subscription, as well as having the privilege of seeing his concept adapted and implemented in-game, and will be the first to receive it in-game!
The other two participants who were selected will earn each win one month of subscription.
As long as your entry is a visual fan art able to be sent by e-mail, all materials are permitted: illustration, photography, modified image, 3D animation, cosplay sketches, sculpture, videos or any other materials.
- Your fanart must represent an in-game costume based on the theme “I am a fan of WAKFU MMO”.
- You must be a player of the NOX or REMINGTON server to participate.
- You must have an Ankama account to participate.
- You do not need to be a WAKFU MMO subscriber to participate.
- Only one entry per person is permitted (only the first received email will count).
- Your entry may include several elements/materials only if there is a consistency between them and can only be sent together in a single email. For example, you can accompany your artwork with explanatory text, or cosplay sketches. It is however not possible to send two elements that are not linked to one another (to not conflict with the rule of "One entry per person").
- If your entry includes a video, it should not last more than three minutes, must be hosted on YouTube and titled "I am a fan of WAKFU MMO" (and the link must be included in your participation email).
- The title of the email sent for the contest must be: Ankama Nickname - Contest WAKFU MMO Fan (example: Sabi - Contest WAKFU MMO Fan).
- The Ankama nickname that you specify in the title of your email must match the Ankama nickname of the in-game account that you want to be credited your rewards to, if you are part of the winners (Ankama nickname = forum name).
- Your entry must be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- The participation mail sent to this address must not exceed 2 MB.
Warning: the winning entry will be primarily working as a base of inspiration for the team that will integrate it to the game. Therefore it is possible that the original illustration may be modified or adapted to meet the design consistency of the game while preserving the basic idea.
If you run out of ideas, this Pink Gobball Costume could perhaps give you all the inspiration you need!
You have until Sunday, March 2nd at 10:59 PM GMT / 5:59 PM EST / 2:59 PM PST to send us your participation email!
The pre-selected entries will then be presented in a news and subjected to a community poll starting on Monday, March 10th!
EXTRACT "CREATE THE WAKFU MMO FAN COSTUME” – INT Communities:
"ANKAMA GAMES (RCS Lille métropole : 492 360 730) located 75 bd d’Armentières 59100 Roubaix – France , organizing starting February 17, 2014 until March 12, 2014 a free with no obligation to purchase, fan art contest: “Create the WAKFU MMO Fan Costume !" Reserved for the players of NOX and REMINGTON servers. Global value: 32 euros. 3 winners in total. From the 3rd to the 9th of March 2014 a jury of employees of the organizer will select the 3 most representative fan arts of the contest theme and the most technically feasible and will then submit them to the community for a poll starting on the 10th until the 12th of March 2014 to designate the preferred fan art the community. The results will be announced via a news on www.wakfu.com starting March 13th 2014. Contest rules registered at SCP ROY-LEMOINE-GALY (41 bd de Valmy 59650 Villeneuve d’Ascq) and accessible at: http://staticns.ankama.com/comm/news/wakfu/www/02_2014/wakfu-costume-contest-2014.pdf”.