When you sign up for WAKFU, you agree to follow certain rules.
These rules exist to maintain a pleasant atmosphere and optimize each player’s experience. Players should know that if they choose to disobey these rules, they expose themselves to sanctions.
Here is a general introduction.
List of sanctions that can be applied by WAKFU Support
You may receive a warning for certain infractions.
The purpose of this warning is to notify you of the rules and advise you that if you continue to break the TOU, you may be sanctioned. This message is sent directly in game by a moderator or by Support via email. It is considered to have been read and understood by the player.
Removing someone’s right to post is one of the sanctions that moderators can apply against players who do not follow WAKFU rules. This may be accompanied by a request to Support to suspend the account.
Moderators can expel players from the game for a given time in the most serious cases. This is generally done as a deterrent, or is accompanied by a request to Support for account suspension.
After a suspension request, Support can decide to block access to your account for several days (3, 7, 15, or 30 days). Suspension is usually used against repeat offenders, and sometimes precedes a definitive ban. The length of the suspension depends on the gravity of the infraction.
The account is definitively closed and the player can no longer access it. This sanction is generally applied in cases of multiple infractions or unpardonable violations of WAKFU rules.
Generally speaking, multiple warnings will lead to a ban and multiple bans will lead to definitive exclusion. However, certain infractions will be met immediately with a definitive ban.
Non-exhaustive list of rules of good behavior to follow
Account and character nicknames
Account, character, and guild names must respect the following rules:
- Be pronounceable (for example, ssdfzxjf doesn't follow this rule)
- Should not reference a political orientation, an ethnicity, a community, or a religion
- Should not be vulgar or insulting
- Should not have sexual or pornographic connotations
- Should not contain your first and/or last name
- Should not reference a trademark
- Should not reference drugs or other illegal substances
- Should not suggest or reference practices forbidden by game rules
- Should not imitate the names of Background of WAKFU characters or Ankama in general (NPCs, heroes of the lore, etc.)
- Should not imitate the name of a moderator or a member of the Company
- Should not be spelled in an alternative way as an attempt to circumvent the rules imposed here
Account loaning, sharing, gifting, selling/buying
Because of various possible abuses, sharing or loaning your account is not allowed. If this rule is not followed, the two concerned parties (loaner and loanee) will be sanctioned.
The sale, purchase, exchange, and gifting of accounts is forbidden. Accounts are the property of Ankama and, as a result, no financial profit, whether in real or virtual money, should be made from them. Also, since an account is associated with personal information, it is unsafe to divulge that information.
The original account owner remains responsible for the character’s actions.
- "Flooding", which consists of repeating the same message many times in a short amount of time, is not authorized.
- Each channel has its own purpose. It is forbidden to use a channel for an inappropriate purpose.
- It is forbidden to overuse special characters, emphasize your message by writing entirely in capital letters, or repeat a character so as to draw attention to it.
- It is forbidden to advertise in the general channel for recruitment/trade/third-party site policy, including sites relating to Ankama (in order to avoid scamming or phishing problems).
- Organizing unauthorized lotteries that rely on the generosity of players for prizes is forbidden, as the risk of fraud or theft is too high.
- It is forbidden to voluntarily obstruct, disturb, or harm the smooth operation of an in-game event that has been organized by Ankama, with Ankama’s authorization, or by players. Any infringement can bring immediate sanctions.
Respect other players
This section is intended solely for roleplay and character backgrounds. Any topic that breaks this rule will be deleted without warning. In order to maintain a pleasant atmosphere on the servers, vulgarity, insults, discussions of a racist, xenophobic, homophobic, or sexual nature, and any other inappropriate comments are forbidden.
Each server is associated with one language. You are required to use that only language in the public channels. However, you are free to use another language in private.
Scams are prohibited. Any report of scamming by a moderator will lead to immediate sanctions.
Identity theft is forbidden, whether it be the identity of a player, guild, moderator, or Ankama member, and regardless of whether the intention was good or bad.
Revealing another player’s personal information is prohibited, for reasons of confidentiality.
Generally speaking, it is forbidden to interfere with the smooth operation of another player’s game.
- It is forbidden to buy and sell accounts and guilds.
- It is forbidden to buy and sell subscriptions and Kamas.
- It is forbidden to exploit a bug in the game. Any anomalies must be reported to Support in the corresponding section.
- Using third-party programs (called “bots”) is forbidden.
- Modifying the WAKFU client is forbidden. This covers all existing files in the WAKFU install directory.
Moderators ensure the rules are respected in-game. They are by no means a stopgap for Support (https://support.ankama.com). Failure to follow the rules listed above will expose you to immediate and/or deferred sanctions, which may include group or individual warnings. These can lead to the definitive exclusion of your accounts.