Statistics
384 Posts (0.18 per day)
Most active in : Character Classes
posté Yesterday - 20:57:37 | #1
nice!

Thread : News  Preview message : #720495  Replies : 25  Views : 291
posté April 23, 2014, 00:15:53 | #2

Quote (Nox16 @ 22 April 2014 22:53) *
The only change i would say the foggernaut support skills needs is some sort of buff to stasis in the passives which they dont really have. I mean only really foggernator out right buffs stasis and even then just lowers costs. Mother fogger is nice and gives a possible buff and nice none linear range. I just think stasis needs a bit of a buff in the passives or one that out rights helps them.
^That mainly if you ask me.

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #719717  Replies : 9  Views : 162
posté April 07, 2014, 06:11:33 | #3
I did in fact read your guide

I said it was "support" focused simply because tanking is a supportive action. You no doubt have a viable/reasonable damage option, but, as you said, this build is tank focused which means, "Smack me around but I won't die quick" in a manner of speaking.

Yes maxing a fire spell gives you more resistance, but doing so decreases the amount of points you have left to distribute to your earth build, I only stated minimally leveling them because, as you stated, this is an earth build and not a hybrid . My res was "decent" but my spell levels at the time were only in the 30's before my current build. I never seemed to have problems so I suggested it since it worked out fine in places like Magmog .

Earth range, is it good? Yes, but is it crippled by close/mid range restrictions in long distance starts (Haagen being a good starting example). And again, I do in fact see where your coming from and the rationale behind stomp, but unless you've spent turns creating rails and predicting where an enemy may flee while simultaneously measuring the effective range of your stomp after your opponent moves, then your pretty much screwed.

I, personally, think stomp is a poke. It does adequate damage for a spell that costs 2MP. No arguments with you there. But If I were choosing between it and Shebang? Shebang hits multiple enemies, has higher damage, and can be abused in your build. Not to mention having a WP recovery option should you choose to use it.

Finally, le-cybot. I see where your going with this, but no I'm not at all thinking a stasis build. Me as a fire/earth fogger, although I have not invested in motherfogger have used it effectively in battle. It's utility is a supplement to helping your teammates stay alive. Rockthrower some blockades to your teammates who move faster than you or travel far distances easily and quickly from the comfort of your lounge chair. Placing microbot shouldn't be an issue either, simply because, why would you even do that? The whole point of your build is close combat, so the second something roams over to my rails and I can scooch to it and then keep it where I wanted, I'd do that.

Again Idk, these are just my experiences with the fogger and my preferences. Hope I haven't offended you or your build any  

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #712563  Replies : 4  Views : 496
posté April 06, 2014, 22:43:16 | #4
It's perfectly viable  

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #712449  Replies : 1  Views : 206
posté April 03, 2014, 02:37:29 | #5
Couple things.

This build seems primarily support based (silly and nit-picky but bear with me). You may want to think about labeling it as earth support so that others do not get confused in assuming the earth fogger is only a support option.

I would also suggest that you only level your fire spells to a point for the resistance and then use two (or one) slot(s) for stasis. This coupled with removing stomp as a priority attack and replacing it with shebang gives you a viable option for DPS as well as WP regain and sustainability. This is of course based on my analysis of your build concept which isn't a hybrid build but an earth with utility spells build

If your earth damage is generously high, that will fill out your secondary stasis concern (all you need is a total of 1600% damage by adding up your four [excluding stasis] elemental trees in order to sail in at 400% stasis damage before factoring stasis mastery).

Also, because your support and are so heavily crippled in the range department if you super focus earth (we're talking against players and monsters that kite really well or in your case teammates that exceed your blockade/stasis flux range) I would recommend ditching the cybot since it's apparently only used as death fodder and replace it with the motherfogger to give you more res while supplementing your range.

Otherwise, the build doesn't seem bad.

~Mechamayhem

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #710789  Replies : 4  Views : 496
posté April 01, 2014, 15:42:05 | #6
Nice April Fools gag

Thread : News  Preview message : #709871  Replies : 47  Views : 1553
posté March 28, 2014, 22:18:26 | #7

Quote (Chronotorious @ 27 March 2014 19:53) *
Warren, that's a good point about going 3 earth / 2 fire. Flambe also seems to stack overheated a bit higher. Thanks for sharing your build... it helped me configure mine. My only concern is Stasis Shield. Do you find that you take too much damage unless you blockade each round? Thanks for your help!
Naw, the damage isn't something I really notice unless I'm particularly low on hp.

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #707839  Replies : 4  Views : 498
posté March 24, 2014, 17:29:45 | #8

Quote (Vaus @ 24 March 2014 16:21) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 24 March 2014 14:43) *
The magic number is 1600. If all your elements can add up to AT LEAST about 1600 (excluding stasis) you'll be sitting at 400% stasis damage BEFORE factoring in your stasis mastery. If you add in a stasis mastery of anywhere between 80-100% , you'll be very close to 500% stasis damage. All these stats are just the beginning! Factor in the stasis damage over time depending on the target, and you have a POWERFUL stasis option.

~Mechamayhem

I just want to make sure that 1600 refers to the damage percent for the elements, and if this is achieved sometime after level 100. Thanks again for your help!
Yes, when your earth, fire, water and air elemental damages equate to a grand total of 1600% [earth dmg + fire dmg + water dmg + air dmg = ___total] then you will in return have 400% stasis damage before adding your stasis mastery which is half of whatever you stasis mastery is.

So, if you have 400% from the average of your elements and you have let's say 100% stasis mastery, then you'll have a grand total of 450% stasis damage.

~Mechamayhem

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #705313  Replies : 4  Views : 333
posté March 24, 2014, 14:43:18 | #9
Pure Stasis would indeed need a minimal level to earth and fire while you focus on general damage gear as well as high levels of stasis mastery.

But, the easier method is to just hybrid. If you want to be Stasis/Earth, Get your Earth Mastery as high as you can while maintaining a minimal level of fire and picking one or two useful Stasis moves to level to at or near max level. That high amount of Earth Mastery will carry you into a large amount of bonus stasis damage.

The magic number is 1600. If all your elements can add up to AT LEAST about 1600 (excluding stasis) you'll be sitting at 400% stasis damage BEFORE factoring in your stasis mastery. If you add in a stasis mastery of anywhere between 80-100% , you'll be very close to 500% stasis damage. All these stats are just the beginning! Factor in the stasis damage over time depending on the target, and you have a POWERFUL stasis option.

~Mechamayhem

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #705241  Replies : 4  Views : 333
posté March 24, 2014, 14:34:43 | #10
Fire/Earth fogger is what I've been running for a while now.

The way I see it, fire doesn't need 3 high level spells since you'll gain huge damage percentages very quickly and regularly so I have no need for a third high level fire spell. Unless you can manage 12ap I'd recommend Flambe' instead of Fire Thrower. Flambe' offers a cheap alternative to Fire Thrower and may lack the large AoE but instead does not require a LoS. Also, no matter how you spin it, Flambe' is not only more team friendly, but it does more single target damage then Fire Thrower in a 9/10/12 ap build.

Earth is used to tank/cover resistance/quickly burst damage enemies. Bombardment and Shebang are the go to spells and I happen to supplement them with a high Pummel. The rationale behind that is, I don't have to sacrifice 2mp through Stomp. Stomp, IMHO, is just a poke. Unless you've set up rails throughout the map, your not going to reach your target and stomp them if they're trying to stay out of your range. It also can only be cast once per turn and has a lower base damage then Pummel, which means it's utility as a Blockade is minimal at best.

As far as specialties go, I took the best of both worlds and invested in Microbot, Fogginator, Stasis Flux, Armor Plating, Groove, Stasis Shield, Fire and Oil, and put my leftover points into Critical Turbo. This allows me to be pretty versatile in just about any situation and either act as a long range dps or a close range tank.

~Mechamayhem

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #705237  Replies : 4  Views : 498
posté March 17, 2014, 04:55:11 | #11

Quote (whiteyzzz @ 16 March 2014 19:28) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 15 March 2014 19:20) *

Quote (whiteyzzz @ 15 March 2014 18:16) *

Fogginator

It has a slight problem right now where unless your fire it's 100% pointless to max out
Earth Level 6: 1.05 x 145= 152.25 (capped at 150%)
Stasis: Level 0: Take minimal damage for -1 cost on all spells
Fire Level 9: 100% chance to turn cooling into over heating

Earth level 9 = -3 range to -1 range
Fire is perfect
Stasis Level 9 = 10->1% of your max/current health
This is a false statement.

Maxing fogginator is beneficial to every branch.

It works very will with hybrid builds especially.

How is it beneficial to max it out for

Negative

Stasis/Earth? (level 6 is all you need) save 45 points

Pure Earth? (level 6 is all you need) save 45 points (yes you can max it out on early then reset it when you hit the lvl cap, but why reset save yourself some money)

Pure Stasis? (Level 6 (or 7) is all you need) save 45 (30) points

Positive

Fire/Earth (For the 100% overheating)

Pure Fire (For the 100% overheating)

Fire/Stasis (For the 100% overheating)

You could instead put the 45 points into more useful things

All that changes per level is
Convert cooling into overheating 10%->100% chance
% of earth damage increase (Level 6 at level cap)
How much damage you take for casting stasis spells
LVL 0 = 36 x 5 = 180 (0) x6 = 1080 (0)
LVL 1-2 = 34 x 5 = 170 (-10) x6 = 1020 (-60)
LVL 3-4 = 33 x 5 = 165 (-15) x6 = 990 (-90)
LVL 5-6 = 31 x 5 = 155 (-25) (0) x6 = 930 (-150) (0)
LVL 7-8 = 30 x 5 = 150 (-30) (5) x6 = 900 (-180) (-30)
LVL 9 = 29 x 5 = 145 (-35) (15) x6 = 870 (-210) (-60)

So I was kinda wrong lvl 0 is not that great for stasis but 6 or 7 is all you really need if you don't focus on fire
My apologies, my math was off initially, your right.

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #693177  Replies : 34  Views : 2991
posté March 15, 2014, 19:20:00 | #12

Quote (whiteyzzz @ 15 March 2014 18:16) *

Fogginator

It has a slight problem right now where unless your fire it's 100% pointless to max out
Earth Level 6: 1.05 x 145= 152.25 (capped at 150%)
Stasis: Level 0: Take minimal damage for -1 cost on all spells
Fire Level 9: 100% chance to turn cooling into over heating

Earth level 9 = -3 range to -1 range
Fire is perfect
Stasis Level 9 = 10->1% of your max/current health
This is a false statement.

Maxing fogginator is beneficial to every branch.

It works very will with hybrid builds especially.

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #692741  Replies : 34  Views : 2991
posté March 14, 2014, 21:12:51 | #13

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 14 March 2014 20:55) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 14 March 2014 20:34) *
The Joris info was pretty nifty! It didn't spoil much of anything for me other than enlightening me on some possible causes to his longevity (Not sure if I read what you read haha).
Well, some people can read the description but just a few can understand the whole thing it means xD This last one is what I consider a huge spoiler.

And about Joris in Bonta (Wakfu era), Kerub and Joris' house can "walk" so in any point of Dofus or Wakfu era, they decide to settle down in Bonta.
Oh I assumed as much (in terms of them settling in Bonta).

This post has been edited by Wareen-Peace - March 14, 2014, 21:13:18.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #692475  Replies : 486  Views : 12861
posté March 14, 2014, 20:34:32 | #14

Quote (NELSON-MAGNO @ 14 March 2014 20:23) *
2.1 Well, in Dofus game there are not class cities neither. There are some references like Ecaflip City seen in Kerub's animated series, some mangas like Dofus Monster: Nomekop, a masqueraider village seen in Dofus Manga and may be the ingame mountain where Masq temple is, could be the village itself but there is nothing you can visit as "Sadida's city", "Iop's city", "Eniripsa's city", etc... aside Pandala and Sufokia.
There is something interesting in Dofus Roadmap 2014 but in my opinion it won't be related to Class cities, however it's a possibility.

2.2 The explanation about his old age was revealed in the description of the movie. I consider it a huge spoiler, so you decide to read it or not.
I think they have not implemented him in Wakfu game, but I'm not a wakfu player to be sure of it... However its wakfu story is related to Remington comics, where is told that Joris is the manager of Kerub's shop/Luis shushu house (I suppose Kerub would have passed away to that moment but watching the Especial episodes trailer there are many other possibilties).
Some players have the opinion about Joris getting some important order or something like that at the end of Dofus Movie which will take place in Bonta.

3. As we told before, there is a possibility of that story been eliminated from canon, but I prefer not to asure that until the end of this year for some reasons in dofus roadmap.
Frigost's curse stuff happened between 550-552 (visit the english Timeline), and N arrived to World of 12 in 640. I don't know how but N and Harebourg met each other, this last one wanted N to repair the Water Clock because he saw N was special, but N couldn't. So Harebourg locked him in a mine. The roleplay explanation of his disappearance was that N returned to Emrub and he lived the other events of Wakfu Les Gardiens 1, ending in the big explosion that fragmented Emrub.
This game was a cross-over, so one cannot think the other eliatrope kids were actually in the World of Twelve during the quests of the game, I'm almost sure that's not canon. And if they were, they would been in Wakfu era, considering that Emrub is an atemporal dimension and the cross-over game quests involved wakfu era characters (from wakfu serie).
It was supposed Emrub was an island but in Wakfu serie you see it with many round planets, may be design matter of the fragmented island being those planets, or may be not.

Briefly, if Wakfu Les Gardiens and N's story is canon, the eliatrope children (aside N) never visited the World of Twelve and Emrub wasn't destroyed, just fragmented.
Well that clears alot of things up for me.

As far as the eliatrope business that makes more sense to me then them being transported to TW2 and instead were each on fragmented pieces of Emrub, much more plausible then what I had assumed. I'll just take everything that had to do with Guardians as fan-service I suppose (to my saddness).

The Joris info was pretty nifty! It didn't spoil much of anything for me other than enlightening me on some possible causes to his longevity (Not sure if I read what you read haha).

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 14 March 2014 20:33) *
Ah, so that's what you're refering to.
I was under the impression that they're simply referencing the fact that specific teritories have a larger population of specific classes - not class cities per se, but cities which due to the local industry attract a large number of members of a specific class (Windy Village seems to be this sort of place for Enutrofs, for example), remaining under the rule of the 4 nations. We know that Enutrofs have some sort of class-wide guild instead of a city or country, for example (the Enutrof Miner Coroporation). We're going to see some class dungeons this year apparently, though, they may explain this issue.
I guess that makes sense. I feel like having representatives of a class along with generals would be indicative of some kind of central location for like people to work or be.

With this update they even referenced an episode from the show which leads me to believe that at least some of the show can be correlated with the game. This would in turn mean that there are some places in TW12 that mainly Iop's, and mainly Feca's, and mainly Eni's & etc live/stay. I don't know, maybe I'm thinking to much into it .

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #692455  Replies : 486  Views : 12861
posté March 14, 2014, 20:22:11 | #15

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 14 March 2014 20:11) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 14 March 2014 19:47) *
Second, after re-watching/reading all the possible wakfu lore I possibly could I've noticed that class cities are not represented particularly well, I'm sure Ogrest has caused his fair share of havoc in drowning the world in his tears, has this done anything to the class cities?
There aren't too many class cities per se - only Masqueraiders, Rogues and, to some degree, Foggernauts are xeonophobic enough to inhabit class-exclussive cities or villages (in the case of Rogues it doesn't exactly count since the "class city" is essentially the royal court of the Rogue king). If you are asking about class temples, not cities - they aren't around anymore, because people became less religious after the chaos (some npc provide more information, for example Father Deepboar in the Snowbound Village). I'm not going to touch the topic of the Ecaflip City from Treasures of Kerub, since it's hard to say which places from Kerub's stories are real parts of the lore, and which were created by him to entertain Joris, if that's what inspired your question :s

Regarding your other questions: we don't know too much about Joris' adventures between Treasures of Kerub and the events of the Wakfu animated series and manga, sadly - the upcoming movie will probably explain a lot. He's the keeper of the ebony primordial dofus, as the press release revealed, buuut that's it for now.

As Kiwi already explained, N is no longer canon. He was replaced by a rad goblin who was hired by Harebourg to search for rare minerals. It's a pleasant change, since Les Gardiens' main characteristic is very bad writing (and N was basically a blue version of Shadow the Hedgehog, which is below Ankama's standard, in my opinion). Therefore nothing of any value was lost.

Feel free to ask about anything else that interest you, I'll try to answer your questions.
My apologies, the word "city" may have been poorly used.

Ecaflip City crossed my mind but I was thinking more along the lines of places like the Sadida Kingdom or the referenced Cra City.

If we were to go off of Kerub's information than temples really aren't what I mean because they're like any other house of worship, a dime a dozen.

I meant heavily concentrated locations for a single class type, there have been allusions to such a place existing such as the court of 12 all arguing over who can house the thousands of Eliatropes.

Eva scolding her sister to return to Cra City peaked my interest and the Xelor King basically saying that the Xelor's couldn't possibly hold that many people while the Iop King borderline inviting them to sleep in their beds just brought me to the assumption of class specific "cities" if you will.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #692443  Replies : 486  Views : 12861
posté March 14, 2014, 20:02:59 | #16

Quote (KiwiTang @ 14 March 2014 19:54) *

Quote (Wareen-Peace @ 14 March 2014 19:47) *
Thirdly, my french is... well... nonexistent, so playing through Guardians of Wakfu was never really plausible for me. What I can fathom is N somehow got transported to the land of 12 and was trapped by harebourg and subsequently gone insane and returned after some time? I also gather that Kouett, Lune, Lou, Lock, and Boa fell to the Land of 12 after having half of Emrub blown to bits by N? I may be completely wrong on that bit but, where are they in all of this if I'm correct in my assumptions?
Just a heads up, after a copyright dispute with the artist responsible for N (and seemingly the other Les Gardiens Eliatropes), N is pretty much removed from the lore now and he as well as the events surrounding him and Les Gardiens is considered non-canonical, I believe.
It may just be "N"

I may not be able to find anything on the dofus site about him anymore but, my forum avatar, along with all the other eliatrope avatars remain, which leads me to believe his involvement in the story may be gone but these characters may be safe?

(crossing my fingers cause Kouett is my fav char in all of wakfu '3')

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #692431  Replies : 486  Views : 12861
posté March 14, 2014, 19:47:17 | #17
First,

Thank god I read this lore thread before I went all willy nilly and created some elaborate comprehensive thread mapping out everything that's happened in Dofus/Wakfu so far .

Second, after re-watching/reading all the possible wakfu lore I possibly could I've noticed that class cities are not represented particularly well, I'm sure Ogrest has caused his fair share of havoc in drowning the world in his tears, has this done anything to the class cities?

Also, I know there is a movie in the works, but as we all know, Master Joris is a very wise and very OLD character who has survived from the Dofus area all the way past our current era to the point where he is currently aiding the Brotherhood of Tofu on yet ANOTHER mission of great peril. I've been to Bonta a many a times and I can't quite seem to find him, any backstory on how our small swift friend is doing ?

Thirdly, my french is... well... nonexistent, so playing through Guardians of Wakfu was never really plausible for me. What I can fathom is N somehow got transported to the land of 12 and was trapped by harebourg and subsequently gone insane and returned after some time? I also gather that Kouett, Lune, Lou, Lock, and Boa fell to the Land of 12 after having half of Emrub blown to bits by N? I may be completely wrong on that bit but, where are they in all of this if I'm correct in my assumptions?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #692415  Replies : 486  Views : 12861
posté March 13, 2014, 17:47:04 | #18
There are (in my opinion) two ways to go about using your spells/skills.
  1. You simply use spells as you see fitting without consequence simply because you enjoy them.
  2. You statistically and systematically level your spells/skills in a manner that will optimize your damage output and or your gameplay effectiveness in a given situation
Now, generally, to level spells, one picks the most damage dealing spells or the most spammable spells that have the cheapest cost or are the lesser of evils when optimizing in efficiency. In a hybrid (duo) case, two (possible 3) of your spells would be leveled to their maximum in one element while the subsequent spells would be leveled only slightly to increase your resistance and overall mastery of that element. Your secondary element would undergo similar treatment except that it would only require two spells to be maxed while the others are leveled only slightly.

Your third element branch is then leveled only to a certain extent in order to raise your resistance to that element.

This is the general method that optimizes damage/resistance/efficiency in battle.

I'm no expert on sacrier what-so-ever, but I will say that punish in fire should definitely be maxed for you seeing as how if you die and proc cling to life, your damage output will be through the roof.

~Mechamayhem

Thread : Combat Strategy  Preview message : #691869  Replies : 4  Views : 238
posté March 07, 2014, 21:58:42 | #19
Hope its a good sidekick at least.

Lore is cool but if you are in fact alluding to another fogger being added I'll be both happy/sad that I have to level another of my beloved classes

xD

~Mechamayhem

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #689399  Replies : 31  Views : 1144
posté March 06, 2014, 02:08:47 | #20
Microbot, Groove, Armor Plating, Fire and Oil [special]

Spells really are preference but should include Flambe'/Flamethrower, Steampalm, Blazing Fire[spells]

This is at a minimum what you should probably shoot for.

~Mechamayhem

Thread : Foggernaut  Preview message : #688581  Replies : 1  Views : 371