Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

GodIsWithUs's profile
Statistics
1719 Posts (0.8 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 11:28:11 | #1
And if you did not understand that I was trolling on purpose because you called me a troll then something is wrong with you. I love you Hackwork. You are always a good laugh since you always try and attack without answering anything.

This is getting off topic, so back to the topic at hand....

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #716725  Replies : 22  Views : 117
posté Today - 11:02:35 | #2

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 16 April 2014 10:40) *

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 16 April 2014 10:29) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 16 April 2014 10:25) *

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 16 April 2014 10:11) *
I have not seen the Sram special ability since I am using prepaid internet on my trip in Southeast Asia at the moment and do not want to waste a lot of that usage on updating the beta, but from what I saw on the forums the Enu and Osa spells are anything but ultimate. Once again, it is just Yesway overreacting without thinking everything through. One more spell that a few classes have that other classes don't have is not gamebreaking. We already see that with certain builds that only have a few specialties that are useful at the moment, while other builds have plenty more to chose from.
ah yes coming from someone who mains an osamodas

and is also a huge troll literally just as much as yesway is

You're so cool brah
Oh yes, as a Gobgob Osa I would totally want that spell .

Why am I a troll, because I am playing along with Tommy's joke? Well at least I believe it is a joke until someone shows actual images.
you troll more than I do and that's honestly saying a lot

I am so happy you remember me. I figured that since I have been gone for three months in Southeast Asia that you have forgotten me. Must have left quite a mark on you I guess.

P.S. I would love to know your definition of troll. Someone that disagrees with you?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #716717  Replies : 22  Views : 117
posté Today - 10:29:42 | #3

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 16 April 2014 10:25) *

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 16 April 2014 10:11) *
I have not seen the Sram special ability since I am using prepaid internet on my trip in Southeast Asia at the moment and do not want to waste a lot of that usage on updating the beta, but from what I saw on the forums the Enu and Osa spells are anything but ultimate. Once again, it is just Yesway overreacting without thinking everything through. One more spell that a few classes have that other classes don't have is not gamebreaking. We already see that with certain builds that only have a few specialties that are useful at the moment, while other builds have plenty more to chose from.
ah yes coming from someone who mains an osamodas

and is also a huge troll literally just as much as yesway is

You're so cool brah
Oh yes, as a Gobgob Osa I would totally want that spell .

Why am I a troll, because I am playing along with Tommy's joke? Well at least I believe it is a joke until someone shows actual images.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #716705  Replies : 22  Views : 117
posté Today - 10:11:01 | #4

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #716675  Replies : 22  Views : 117
posté Today - 09:19:29 | #5

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 16 April 2014 09:06) *
Though I do think it would be a very viable alternative for the Wakfu burn that is Critical Synergy.
That I agree with since as a Gobgob Osa I hardly ever find myself actually using my WP since Critical Synergy is so inconsistent to use. At level 200, it would actually be fun summoning 5 level 200 pets just for the giggles, especially if you have high range and your pets miraculously block for you, and if I survive until I summon my Gobgob I could just use it to heal up.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #716653  Replies : 28  Views : 160
posté Today - 08:47:38 | #6

Quote (VoidSettler @ 16 April 2014 08:45) *
The Osa spell is kind of neat on 'non' summoner Osas actually - Least.. assuming you're allowed to use it with the gobgob out..
You wouldn't since Gobgob has a restriction that prevents it from being summoned with summons out.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #716619  Replies : 28  Views : 160
posté Today - 08:44:29 | #7
I cannot help but laugh at the Osamodas spell. They definitely do remind me of the Dofus special spells, where the spells can be interesting but only under certain circumstances for the most part. This Osamodas spell is pretty much Masked Spirit, but costs more and has many more lasting drawbacks. Pretty much starting turn 3 with only 3 pets remaining the spells has the same power as having two summons buffed by Whip and Boohowl, but then of course makes the Osamodas weaker starting turn 4 and and even more starting turn 5, with finally only being able to summon one more pet or the Gobgob. For every type of Osamodas build, this spell basically has no true increase in strength since at the beginning it makes you stronger but at the end makes you weaker. Full cycle equates to no increase in power. So there is no lasting benefit. Even a single pet summoner, who is probably the most benefiting of the spell, has a major drawback in once the last pet is summoned and killed the Osamodas becomes ineffective. In terms of worth, this spell would probably be similar in strength to the weaker Dofus special skills. I was hoping once they added special spells that it would be a resurrection spell for the Osamodas.

This post has been edited by GodIsWithUs - April 16, 2014, 08:49:34.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #716613  Replies : 28  Views : 160
posté March 08, 2014, 04:08:48 | #8
I just checked up on this game today and wow what a horrendous surprise. You guys just nerfed Starry Armor to the ground, the best spell in the Earth Osa branch. The buffs to other commands do not make up for it. Changing it to 2 AP was alright. But making it only be usable 5 times a turn and getting rid of the healing all together is unacceptable. 1 AP less does not equal getting rid of a 24 base heal at level 100 and leaving the player with only a 20 base shield. Players are losing 55% of the spells initial strength with a 1 AP reduction, along with a final reduction of 16% with being only able to use 10 AP instead of 12 AP. When you calculate all this, the Starry Armor basically is losing 62% of its total base strength with a reduction of 1 AP and limit to 5 times a turn. Yeah you can shield more now with 10 AP (100 base) than the current way at 12 AP (80 base) at level 100, but you loss a ton of healing. Then when you compare it to the other shields you realize it is truly lacking. An 11 AP Sadida can shield almost just as much which also reflecting damage. This becomes even more hilarious when you add in the fact you need LoS with Gobgob and it is literally a totem. Where is your "math" Ankama? I guess I might not be coming back to this game after I come back overseas since all you do is nerf, nerf, nerf. You should not change Starry Armor.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #689529  Replies : 329  Views : 12267
posté January 30, 2014, 22:50:15 | #9

Quote (Sting-Shotter @ 30 January 2014 22:43) *
Kaniger Plains :O
No, it is not. Minimikeh and I just derailed the thread since he got mixed up between Cania and Kara. It is a brand new island .

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #672273  Replies : 58  Views : 1634
posté January 30, 2014, 22:41:53 | #10

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 30 January 2014 22:24) *

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 30 January 2014 22:21) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 30 January 2014 22:19) *

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 30 January 2014 16:29) *

Quote (Magma-Moon @ 30 January 2014 16:27) *
Dofus is getting a Cania Plains revamp in February, and we ALL know what's in Cania, right? No, not an abundant use of space - Cania Desert! That's what's sprung to mind right now.
Except for the fact that we have Cania Plains in Bonta, and if they were to add a desert portion it would be next to that area. As Hudski said, it is probably related to The Cursed Fountain episode in Wakfu Season 2 .
Cania plains isn't a desert it's a canyon
The "Cania Desert" area is renamed to "The Stontusk Desert." This area has been entirely reworked, includes new quests, houses, paddocks, a whole family of level 150 monsters and a level 160 dungeon (Kanigrula's Grotto). A few collectible resources have been added in the area as well.

If Ankama says Cania has a desert, it must be a desert.
Right because thousands of years and a massive flood can't change things.
Well when you make short little remarks like you did, it sounded like you were saying that Cania Desert in Dofus was not a desert and instead a canyon and thus a desert cannot exist in Wakfu. Though I now realize you are talking about how it is in Wakfu with your Ogrest reference, as well as your scope of knowledge when it comes to Cania. You realize that in Dofus Cania Plains was a massive area that had various areas inside of it, one being a subarea called Cania Plains, another Cania Desert, Cania Fields, Lousy Pig Plain. So the Cania Plains in Wakfu might just be that subarea, and thus they could easily put Cania Desert and the like in the game. It helps if you know what we were talking about.

EDIT: Haha, I forgot to press send and did not check if you changed your post. So you can ignore this I guess .

This post has been edited by GodIsWithUs - January 30, 2014, 22:43:26.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #672259  Replies : 58  Views : 1634
posté January 30, 2014, 22:21:53 | #11

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 30 January 2014 22:19) *

Dofus is getting a Cania Plains revamp in February, and we ALL know what's in Cania, right? No, not an abundant use of space - Cania Desert! That's what's sprung to mind right now.
Except for the fact that we have Cania Plains in Bonta, and if they were to add a desert portion it would be next to that area. As Hudski said, it is probably related to The Cursed Fountain episode in Wakfu Season 2 .
Cania plains isn't a desert it's a canyon
The "Cania Desert" area is renamed to "The Stontusk Desert." This area has been entirely reworked, includes new quests, houses, paddocks, a whole family of level 150 monsters and a level 160 dungeon (Kanigrula's Grotto). A few collectible resources have been added in the area as well.

If Ankama says Cania has a desert, it must be a desert.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #672231  Replies : 58  Views : 1634
posté January 30, 2014, 21:58:33 | #12

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 30 January 2014 17:53) *

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 30 January 2014 16:19) *

Quote (Hudski @ 30 January 2014 15:59) *
It's a confirmed desert zone for 115-125, check the achievements. Makes references to cacti.

There was a desert segment in season 2 of the cartoon as well, so it lines up.
How do you know it is just for 115-125? I don't see where it would state this since the achievements do not tell you the level as far as I know .
The dungeons are level 125 and 135... And there's a quest triggering at level 115, too.

It's not Pandala, Dofus will get the same island at the same time as a new thing, according to some sources.
Yeah, I commented later that it is not Pandala, particularly since I said it is not north enough to be Pandala . Also, I overlooked the dungeon list. Don't know how I could miss those. Weird how there is only two dungeons since Ankama wants to make islands with at least three zones. Maybe it is smaller since it might be the next conquerable island. Though of course it is still in development and there might be more dungeons and families to come. Either way, it is good ,as of right now with the information that we have, that Ankama is focusing on adding content to the level range we are currently at rather than rapidly going from one level range to the next.

What are these sources though? Did the sources say that Dofus will get the same desert island as Wakfu, or did the sources just say that Dofus will get a desert area. If it is the latter, then it might have been a reference to Stontusk Desert, which is coming in February to Dofus.

EDIT: There are 8 environmentals,so there should be two areas since there is a four deal with the Fungus and that means the other four could only make another zone. So the dungeon list might now be complete, since Ankama might want each area to have 4 environmentals and one family.

This post has been edited by GodIsWithUs - January 30, 2014, 23:00:22.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #672215  Replies : 58  Views : 1634
posté January 30, 2014, 17:30:37 | #13

Quote (Nox16 @ 30 January 2014 17:23) *

i thought the fountain was in sufo... you know that giant underground area that says cursed water... or whatever.. full of ghostofs... nice place really.
Nope, The Cursed Fountain episode is the one right after Wabbit Island where the group arrives at a desert island and a guy is guarding an oasis for some unknown reason.

Click Here 

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #672091  Replies : 58  Views : 1634
posté January 30, 2014, 16:29:53 | #14

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #672067  Replies : 58  Views : 1634
posté January 30, 2014, 16:19:04 | #15

Quote (Hudski @ 30 January 2014 15:59) *
It's a confirmed desert zone for 115-125, check the achievements. Makes references to cacti.

There was a desert segment in season 2 of the cartoon as well, so it lines up.
How do you know it is just for 115-125? I don't see where it would state this since the achievements do not tell you the level as far as I know .

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #672053  Replies : 58  Views : 1634
posté January 30, 2014, 15:59:31 | #16

Quote (FajneCycki @ 30 January 2014 15:55) *
Well, the pixels representing this island on map are yellow, so I think we can assume that what you see there is already coloured.
True, plus if it would be Pandala it should be further north, past Astrub.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #672039  Replies : 58  Views : 1634
posté January 30, 2014, 15:49:26 | #17
New Island In Development! Spoiler on Beta. On the FR Forums, Hush stated that we could find a clue about future content by looking at the World Map on the Beta Server. Here it is:

For geographical reasons the island is in Pandala's spot. Yet, it looks desert-like. So could this be a brand new island not found in Dofus, or is it Pandala and what we see is just the initial molding of the island and the beige color is just due to them not coloring it in yet? I think it is the latter since Pandala does hold significance in Wakfu, and it definitely looks under construction with the boat and the like being in the ground. What do you all make of it?

This post has been edited by GodIsWithUs - January 30, 2014, 15:51:28.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #672029  Replies : 58  Views : 1634
posté January 29, 2014, 22:59:53 | #18

Quote (Gynrei @ 29 January 2014 22:35) *
That makes sense now, thanks. So each element will have a different bonus resistance from the state based on the difference between that element and the earth res. Do players really have such an extremely high earth res compared to the others to make this worthwhile? Most gear i see in game is general res. Stating strength could net you 50 res if you really wanted to. Combined with spell experience for another 50% maybe the most i can see is a 100% gap. 150% for the element a player doesn't have.

I don't know enough players built that way to make this worthwhile. I tend to play hybrid so two elements are equal. The other two are never that far behind. I don't feel the states are worthwhile.
From my experience, a mono build at 140 generally has at least 200% more resistance in their main branch than the element that is their weakest and about 160% to 175% more resistance than the other two elemental branches that they have. Obtaining an AP, then using points in either kit skill or range, will leave you with 150+ strength to stat which is 75%+ earth resistance. The spell bonus will get you around 125%+ earth resistance as well. Also, add in the fact that the breastplate gives 35% earth resistance and no other resistance and you will see a great difference. So it is worth it for pure earth, but no other build. So it is specific, but specific for a reason since it is meant to enhance mono elemental builds which are pretty much dead outside of support branches at high level. They want to entice players to pick and chose gameplay and stats with the introduction of states, and it is a step in the right direction since it will put people at a dilemma on what to chose rather than go after the highest level item. To get the most out of Earth Conversion, you shouldn't stat crits and be dual elemental. There will be plenty of other states that are build specific but in the end that is the point, to create diversity. In my opinion, it is better than going the Dofus route of using negative stats. However, I do hope there are more states that are similar to Earth Conversion, in that you do not have to lose HP to activate a state since the losing HP requirement is not PvM friendly.

This post has been edited by GodIsWithUs - January 29, 2014, 23:11:44.
Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #671665  Replies : 47  Views : 1948
posté January 29, 2014, 22:06:15 | #19

Quote (Gynrei @ 29 January 2014 21:47) *
I'm confused. Why is the Earth Conversion state equivalent to 20% general res in my example?
It will actually be equivalent to 20% hidden water resistance. Here is how you get Earth Conversion into resistance terms:

Take your example. The player have 200% earth resistance and 100% water resistance. The first thing you do is find the difference between the two resistances, which is just through subtraction.

200% - 100% = 100%.

Now, you have to figure out how much of your water damage will turn into earth damage. For Earth Conversion, it states that it is 20% conversion, or one fifth. Now all you have to do is divide the resistance by the conversion percentage:

100%/5 = 20% hidden water resistance.

Pretty much all you have to do is find the difference in resistance divide by ten and times by two. Quick and easy.

More or less, it is just the shortcut to your method. So instead of having to calculate two numbers and other math, I can just look and see on my character chart and say "oh so since I have 240% res more in earth than water that means I will have 48% hidden water resistance" and just add the hidden water res to my character and calculate the damage taken from there. Pretty much your way makes the person have to hold two trains of thought in your head while mine uses only one train of thought, making it more mental friendly.

Hope that explains it to you. I don't know how else to explain it.

This post has been edited by GodIsWithUs - January 29, 2014, 22:19:24.
Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #671647  Replies : 47  Views : 1948
posté January 29, 2014, 21:17:23 | #20

Quote (Gynrei @ 29 January 2014 20:51) *

Quote (GodIsWithUs @ 29 January 2014 16:57) *
A pure earth character with the breastplate will have 200%+ resistance than the nearest resistance if they did not choose to stat stats like crits instead of strength. 20% of that is 40% resistance, which is the hidden resistance bonus that you will get for all other elements than earth.

I'm not sure it works like that.

It sounds to me like it works this way: let's say i have 100% water res and 200% earth res. I get hit by a 150 base water dmg attack from a mob with 300% water mastery. 120 is reduced based on my water res while the remaining 30 is reduced by my earth res. Resulting in 420dmg taken. Without this Earth conversion I would have taken 450dmg.

For starters, very few classes will have the superior earth res required to take advantage of this state. And worst case scenario, players with a class that has no earth branch will likely take MORE dmg from this. That armor is now worthless for a large amount of the population. Based on this last possibility i want to believe it adds resistance like you suggest but i highly doubt it. Imagine the earth res on a Feca.
Actually we are are saying the same thing, but in different wording . With your example, the hidden resistance would have been 20%. 20% resistance from 150 base equals a reduction of 30. More or less, I was mentioning how you could condense the state into actual stats while you were using an applied example.

As for the rest you have mentioned, remember these states are not meant to be used by everyone. As stated in the devblog, the equipment "will increase the effectiveness of different style of gameplay and will give players the opportunity to improve their role or to fill some gaps". Hence, they are meant to create build diversity. There will definitely be states that will not help out earth builds. This equipment is aimed at pure earth characters since being pure earth generally means you want to be pure tank, and what is wrong with that? The equipment is aimed toward the earth branch to enhance the branch's tanking aspect. Even if there are other abilities like Water Conversion, that more than likely means Ankama wants to just enhance mono elemental gameplay since at current end game mono elemental builds are dead if they are not support. This is due to the fact that there is no mono elemental sets past Hagen. Plus, this is the first equipment past Hagen that is aimed towards pure Earth characters, besides the silly Gauwd Fishing Speaw. Wakfu needs items that help mono elemental builds. I am sure there will be plenty of other states that apply to specific builds . There are going to be states that apply to everyone, and states that do not. Ther probably will be dodge states, lock states, and maybe a state that add explosion to your next attack which will only help fire characters. Part of creating diversity is to make some states tailored to specific playing styles .

This post has been edited by GodIsWithUs - January 29, 2014, 21:25:03.
Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #671627  Replies : 47  Views : 1948