No flash

Forum

Soundtrack8's profile
Statistics
1100 Posts (1.41 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 06:48:35 | #1
+1
Its annoying and ive tried farming water quickly - only to have the well literally disappear - needing a relog to bring it back.
A craftable one for your havenworld which can draw 100 at a time would be a blessing if they didn't want to change the other wells.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #719783  Replies : 2  Views : 65
posté Today - 06:41:52 | #2
You cant determine the damage because it cost 4 ap. If it cost 4 ap, but ends up dealing 12ap worth of damage because it lasted 3 turns then it is unbalanced. Im not saying if it cost 4ap it can only deal 4ap worth of damage. The variables fail to take in the positives for you. What if the dolls blocks their line of site, what if you have a few dolls around them and lock them. What if they have to spend 3 ap to destroy the doll.

I think they need to find out how long each doll will survive on average. Or give it charges... but you seem too against charges to discuss that :X
If they doll will survive for an average of 3 turns, you can probably give it damage 33% - 66% greater than the cost (across the duration of the 3 turns). But then we have more variables such as doll control / ai. But as stated above, variables work in both favours.

The masq is a double edged sword. They create another image of them self and become very weak to aoe damage. I dont know why you compare to this because the sadida doesn't take the damage it's dolls suffer, the masq doesn't get the wp back either nor can they cast the spell again.

If you want ultimate strength through dolls then you need to trade over the elemental spells. Fire rogues have incredibly weak fire spells, and find it hard to multi element because they need to tend to the wall if they want to keep up that aoe damage you proposed.

I dont think the voodoo made wakfu forget about sadidas dolls. Its foolish to say a tree will be the downfall of the class :l Maybe trees would be better than dolls anyway? Ankama doesn't seem to be able to balance dolls and trees with auras sounds pretty fun  

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - April 23, 2014, 06:45:16.
Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #719777  Replies : 14  Views : 359
posté Today - 06:24:59 | #3

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 23 April 2014 01:46) *

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 22 April 2014 14:41) *
You seem very passionate about the class, and I dont want to come off as rude.
But what was the point in the post? Insight into the old sadida? For what reason?
All I did was suggest ways the current passives could be tweaked to support more builds.
For that reason:
But the old passives / specialties only allowed for builds using dolls.

Sadida has been rebalanced. The old totem with 100% HP and no reduction from AoE spells was disgustingly strong. It doubled your teams damage
Not really... you needed that Totem next to an enemy, and you needed an aoe spell to attack both, not everyone has that. Not to mention that AOE spells have lower base dmg, so at the end, even if you hit it with aoe, it wasn't 200% of single target spell. And let's not forget that Sadi had to use WP/AP(?) to cast it.
I think we can agree it was strongest in ultimate boss rooms. You can plan their movement to always be next to the voodoo - throw them, push them, lock them etc. The cost of a few ap and wp was disproportionate to the amount of damage the team could deal - aoe attacks are common in most builds and rarely have that low damage. It may not have been 200% damage, but it was pretty close to it.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #719773  Replies : 40  Views : 1140
posté Today - 06:05:42 | #4
The issue is the timer, not the way in which the pets are fed. I think everyone prefers the current one. It's faster and requires less effort.
However, many people preferred having xd xh especially as a lot of people dont use the mm/dd/yy order.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #719769  Replies : 24  Views : 235
posté Yesterday - 20:02:35 | #5
The date gets to me more than it should, but yeah. A change to it would be nice. Even a simple feed / dont feed  

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #719619  Replies : 24  Views : 235
posté Yesterday - 19:57:42 | #6
1. hm? I said 6 workers would work to gear 6 characters just as 1 worker wold work to gear 1.
2. No i wouldn't
3. I agree, I never argued that. It is just as hard. But then you say it's harder?
4. Okay.

So a 6 boxers character needs 1000 runs to gear a single character?
But a mono boxer just needs a few runs to gear a single character?

and so 6 mono boxers have it easier than a single 6 boxer.
I dont follow.

6 boxer makes 6 times the drops of a mono boxer. The amount of characters needed to gear on a 6 boxer is 6 times more than that of a mono boxer, so the equation balances itself out.
Until we take into consideration variables such as the time it takes ti find a group. Let me give you an example. I spent an hour looking for a merkator group. When we had it, we didn't. Because soemone had done it. Half an hour later and we were finally inside, do you know what happened next, for all but 1 of us it was our first attempt. We died. Then we died again. Until finally we had no win, and people had to leave. Things like this happen more often than you think.

Il break character and point the obvious.
Both sides of the argument can be summed as
Multi Boxers have it easier, just try mono boxing, then you'll see!
Mono Boxers have it easier, just try multi boxing, then you'll see!

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - April 22, 2014, 20:00:02.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #719611  Replies : 123  Views : 1877
posté Yesterday - 19:34:45 | #7
@Zerdal
Noone has argued against my point that the time it takes a multiboxer to gear their characters is equal to the time for a monoboxer to do the same.

More mouths to feed, please.
6 workers filling 6 mouths = 1 worker filling 1 mouth
Im talking true mono boxing here - without the help of a loyal guild.. or in the hands of a loyal guild with a few dozen players to help out. So while they'll help you level and provide discounts they have their own needs and noone can blame them for it

So I ask the workers. Which is a bigger number. 1 or 6.
This is no trick, no riddle, no witty answer. its simply 6. When the mono boxers character is fed he brings in a return of 1. When a multiboxer is fully equip he brings in a return of 6, or however many characters he has.

Surprisingly I dont care that people multibox - I play 2 accounts myself. Most of my gear and many of my levels have come from people who play more.

However, I do congratulate you on one point. You compared wakfu to a job! Something we can see eye to eye on. Lovely  

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - April 22, 2014, 19:38:02.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #719599  Replies : 123  Views : 1877
posté Yesterday - 18:14:25 | #8

Quote (Niddhoggy @ 22 April 2014 17:45) *
Ahh, I see! That's interesting but I am afraid of bots... they would spawn everywhere... D:
and how do you propose they deal with the cat?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #719555  Replies : 23  Views : 770
posté Yesterday - 15:57:57 | #9

Quote (Celay01 @ 22 April 2014 15:45) *

Quote (dlexus009 @ 22 April 2014 13:38) *

AOE cost also BP: it is ok
Area of effect cost also breastplate?
Bewegung is movement in german according to google translate.
and considering its between ap and wp, safe to assume it means mp..

I think it would be interesting what effect things like cast only in a straight line / no los / odd range / non-modifiable etc have on the spells damage.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #719477  Replies : 12  Views : 308
posté Yesterday - 15:10:08 | #10
You should also take into consideration the attack you use. For example, bloody ripoff has a higher hp gain from behind and forceful blow has +x% backstab damage.

Thread : Sram  Preview message : #719439  Replies : 4  Views : 60
posté Yesterday - 14:41:10 | #11
You seem very passionate about the class, and I dont want to come off as rude.
But what was the point in the post? Insight into the old sadida? For what reason?
All I did was suggest ways the current passives could be tweaked to support more builds.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #719433  Replies : 40  Views : 1140
posté Yesterday - 05:49:06 | #12

Quote (kkakaieie @ 21 April 2014 20:17) *

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 12 April 2014 00:16) *
I don't want to be rude but if you are choosing summoner class and refuse to use summons... it's like playing a healer class and refuse to use heals. I suggest you pick other class from wich you could use all specialities to its fullness.
So eniripsas and osamodas shouldnt chose air branch?
I think the main issue is that there really arent that many passives / actives that support non-doll builds. Osamodas in particular have plenty of passives which have different effects depending on your playstyle and it's a shame sadida doesn't have the same.

In my opinion - without a whole rework to sadida Dolly Sacrifice and Doll could be combined together to make room for a non-doll active. Sadida should also be able to be effected by sic em more - green guard should buff them if they are hit and sic em more should be self castable. (wont provide the same buffs to dolls ;D)
In turn, lone sadida could be changed to give +cmc damage when dolls are out, but reset when all dolls are removed from the field.
But im not too sure, as I would like to see a bigger rework to sadidas. But hopefully they will support doll builds / explodo builds and no-doll builds.

Thread : Sadida  Preview message : #719305  Replies : 40  Views : 1140
posté Yesterday - 05:17:02 | #13

In terms of equiping yourself tho, it is a lie to say that they have any advantages, as they need to gear not only one character to higher levels, but multiple ones.
But
if a mono boxer gets 1/6 of all drops and continues to do this until they are fully geared, would it not take a multi boxer the same amount of time if they are getting 2/6 of the drops.

Taku also pointed out a lot of flaws in mono boxing, playing qith 5 other team mates is very risky. Every run you'll have a few people brb / afk / disconnect / leave. These are variables you cant account for but heavily impact how effective a mono-boxer can be.

I dont care if multibox - I do it myself, to enjoy class variety and as Kouro said, to be able to do some things more independently. But the advantages dont stop there, I know for a fact I wouldn't have the same items and levels if I was a mono-boxer.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #719295  Replies : 123  Views : 1877
posté April 21, 2014, 19:02:30 | #14

Quote (Gynrei @ 21 April 2014 17:59) *
Is this really the feeling you want to leave with your customers Ankama?
Until competition comes into play Ankama are free to rule as tyrants.
Luckily ive started to see some more growth in the field of turn based strategy games.

We've seen many people threaten to leave. Not many do as I believe there is nowhere else to go and thus these words often mean little and considering what Ankama does hear these words likely go unnoticed anyway.
I find it simpler to withdraw as much money from ankama as possible, hence my move to wapac.
Its all out of spite, really.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #719041  Replies : 26  Views : 622
posté April 20, 2014, 17:44:06 | #15
Of the active players in my guild on wapac most of them are lvl 130+
Plenty of people are at end-game. I can't provide adequate comparison to other servers as I havent logged in on remington for a long time. But most of the people I played with migrated with me. However, from what I hear Remington still has a lot of people on it - and if you know them or prefer the payment model it would be your best choice.

If you want to run multiple accounts, wapac may be your best bet depending on how limited your funds are at the moment. However, it is f2p so you should have a look into the cash shop / how some things are handled over there and decide whether you deem it p2w. In my opinion, nothing stands out as of yet, but some things may change over time etc.

I think remingtons main collection of people still group at 5th bond, whereas wapac favours the ankama outpost.

If you feel like getting into wapac, feel free to ankabox me c:
I'm pretty bored of my cra and want to start fresh with an osa

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - April 20, 2014, 17:45:11.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #718665  Replies : 5  Views : 243
posté April 20, 2014, 16:48:27 | #16
Theres always that gross lag whenever I go to open up my spells, guild, inventory or any other tab u_u

Its also getting harder and harder to do anything with more than one client open. Even with one client I jump alot through game. The worst part is the delay in camera movement when I go to select a tile in combat which results in me missing my target :/

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - April 20, 2014, 16:49:42.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #718645  Replies : 15  Views : 353
posté April 20, 2014, 10:57:13 | #17

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 19 April 2014 23:08) *
I'm particularly fond of garnet

Me too

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #718569  Replies : 14  Views : 364
posté April 20, 2014, 08:40:59 | #18
Ullu please

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #718537  Replies : 44  Views : 670
posté April 20, 2014, 05:22:55 | #19
Multiboxers have more toons to gear. But dont have to spend time finding a group or have to regroup.Therefore they can run whenever is convenient. They are also guaranteed all the gear that is dropped. It is highly likely for a mono-boxer that if people are running a dungeon with you it is because they need some of the gear from there.

Mono-boxers only have to gear 1 character. But takes them much longer as they often don't have the luxury of a group nor the drops.
Multiboxers gear multiple characters, but do it very quickly and level very quickly too. All loot and kamas go directly to one person making it easier for them to gear a single character.

Chances are a multi accounter will have geared all their characters (2+) in the same time it takes a mono boxer to gear theirs.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #718513  Replies : 123  Views : 1877