Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

Nillii's profile
Statistics
643 Posts (0.63 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté September 09, 2013, 15:53:25 | #1
The poster figured it out before I could answer, but in case someone else has the same question... The picture below shows why. There are level 25 Leather Dealer recipes that require that you are a citizen of the correct nation.

Since the poster found issues with Blibag, Pouchlet and Scarasack, I assume he is Amaknian.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #603643  Replies : 1  Views : 224
posté September 07, 2013, 15:43:12 | #2
They are temporarily removed. Haven World – New appearances (page 2)

Quote (Troyle @ 02 August 2013 10:03) *
We discovered that if a character that doesn’t have the Haven World editing rights tries to equip a blueprint on a house, the item is destroyed.

For this reason, we decided to remove these items from the Boutique until the issue can be fixed. Only then will we make them available again (for the same cost).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #602931  Replies : 6  Views : 342
posté September 07, 2013, 14:54:50 | #3

Quote (Hudski @ 07 September 2013 14:30) *
Nillii, I hope you keep tabs on us for when things finally start looking up. Count me among one of the people that'll keep throwing money at Ankama and shouting for a long, long time.
Long rant unrelated to the topic of respecs.

I'll keep my eyes on the news feed to see if they can come up with any features to please the gatherer/builder in me. Doubt it'll happen in 2013, but we'll see what 2014 brings.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #602915  Replies : 111  Views : 3804
posté September 07, 2013, 13:23:30 | #4

Quote (Hudski @ 07 September 2013 01:05) *
WAKFU IS NOT FUN, IT IS A FUCKING CHORE AND A FUCKING MESS.
That's exactly what I needed to read. I've been debating back and forth with myself whether or not to extend my subscription with a year or just let it run out next week, and your post was a wonderful wakeup call. It's time to stop this masochistic behavior and stop paying for the privilege of the mental torture that is Wakfu.

Heck, I've spent an entire month busting my ass off simply for the "feature" to trade items between my characters (i.e. level a guild far enough to unlock the first bank slots). I've been begging my friends, giving them guilt trips so they would help me achieve this, spending some of their valuable torture time on me rather than things they would want to do for their own characters instead.

I'm done with this chore. It's time to spend my life either getting the entertainment/relaxation I might need from a game that can actually provide such things, or perhaps since I obviously enjoy some amount of choring I could spend more time with actual useful real-life chores. Grinding items for two hours in a game that isn't even fun anymore, or spend two hours preparing a delicious and healthy dinner? Hm, tough choice.

As someone else pointed out, I have dedicated two years to this game for the potential it has. But, even two years later, it's still just a chore. There's a massive inrcease in the amount of content available, but the game mechanics still provide nothing but forcing me to work for an unbalanced amount of time for an unbalanced small reward.

I'm not even going to stay on topic about the respec. We've already stated all arguments both for and against free monthly respecs, there's nothing more to say but to bicker amongst ourselves about who said what and who didn't. It's now in the hands of the torture masters.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #602883  Replies : 111  Views : 3804
posté September 07, 2013, 12:45:31 | #5
What you're looking for is the thread about the most recent Hotfix for 1.27 - 04.09.2013. Read through the comments and I think you'll find your answer there.

Basically you're fine as long as the monsters can still have a chance to reach you and attack.

Thread : Haven Worlds  Preview message : #602865  Replies : 2  Views : 325
posté September 07, 2013, 09:16:14 | #6
If you die I think the pet is supposed to lose 1 HP, not all 20.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #602789  Replies : 6  Views : 386
posté September 06, 2013, 16:57:13 | #7
Wha? I've been avoiding Dathura because I thought I'd be banned if I didn't speak French. Apparently I was wrong.

Quote (DevilyFire @ 06 September 2013 16:55) *
Awesome! Too bad this is member only. This is member only right?
Non-members can join during the Incarnam phase, and if Troyle is a nice guy he'll spend some time in Astrub as well. Non-members can also join guilds and help contribute with guild points and chatting.

Thread : News  Preview message : #602423  Replies : 69  Views : 2804
posté September 05, 2013, 20:26:21 | #8

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 05 September 2013 20:17) *
Again you guys are acting as if they are removing restats completely when this is not the case.

You still do not get it.
Seems you didn't read my post. You're obviously not getting our side either.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #602149  Replies : 111  Views : 3804
posté September 05, 2013, 19:44:04 | #9
Step 1, find out what Wakfu is about. How? Go to wakfu.com, press "The Game" and then "What is Wakfu?" The answer? The first header (disregarding the one about the lore) is STRATEGY. Great, we all love strategy, that's why we're here. It's a strategy game through and through. But how much can you strategize if you have used the same five spells for two years because you chose one build that you like and the game made it complicated to change it? Not much at all!

Most games offer some sort of character progression that lets you unlock new spells or new strategic options once in a while during the whole game, at least up until you reach end-game. In Wakfu, you have unlocked all of the spells that you will use by level 10 (maybe a few levels later if you're multielement), and then you use those same spells over and over in every single battle until you're level 140. That's not much fun at all. You can of course try to alter your build by getting new gear so you get a different amount of AP/MP to allow for different combinations of spells, but it's a really limited way to vary your gameplay for 140 levels.

Without in-game character progression, changing your build regularly is pretty much the only way to keep it interesting. Of course, there are options to pay for this in the boutique, but as some has already pointed out this should already be a feature included in the monthly subscription. The boutique is awesome for cosmetic stuff, but game features should be included in the subscription. There is also the option to do the in-game quest, but no matter how they change that it still feels wrong to force someone to spend their time and effort simply in an attempt to enjoy the game later.

Someone else pointed out that people shouldn't get to respec because they will jump on a bandwagon and copy great builds from others, and that they should instead spend time and really think through their own build to come up with something unique. Well, guess what, nobody dares to try anything new and unique unless respecs are easy to get. The end-game content requires parties, and there are just no ways to properly test a party build in the respec room.

The argument that classes who are changed majorly will still get a free respec but nobody else will is also flawed. Many have pointed out that other game content, such as equipment and enemies, can also heavily affect how your build works. Not to mention that the very first build I ever made was so that I could properly duo with a specific friend of mine. If his class got a revamp so that my build no longer could complement his, I would also need a respec.

Having free respecs too often will, like somebody say, damage the game-play and make builds simply feel like another layer of equipment. I propose weekly or at least monthly free respecs for everyone so that everyone has a chance to try out new builds because playing the same build for years just isn't very entertaining and has already made a lot of players quit to try out completely new games for lack of entertainment here. If those players could have changed their builds monthly without fearing that it might not happen this month because the company might not feel generous this month, I'm sure many of them would have stayed and paid for more subscriptions.

A related issue is that the free respec quest is available for 48 real-world hours. I already know you can use in-game hours on your counters (the mea culpa works that way) and I propose you do that for respecs as well. In the patch when you almost doubled the amount of spell experience a character could have I logged in with all of my characters late at night to feed my pets, and therefor activated the free respec, and when I woke up the next morning my building was on fire and I didn't have internet access for several days. I then had to play for a whole month with spells half as strong as everyone else's simply because you were counting 48 real-world hours rather than 48 in-game hours for me to finish the respec quest that I didn't even mean to activate just by feeding my pets.

Thanks for reading.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #602137  Replies : 111  Views : 3804
posté September 05, 2013, 18:46:18 | #10

Quote (Snowy09 @ 05 September 2013 18:19) *
  • Stuff that can't be added to Haven Bag chest: Macawker, Display Case, Haven-Gem Fragment, The Habrazieff, Cherished Cloak, The Fire of Love
I would like to add treasure maps to that list, like Cap'n Haba's Map.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #602123  Replies : 72  Views : 5682
posté September 05, 2013, 08:35:05 | #11
The dungeon is indeed in every nation.

• Brakmar's is in Pabong Fields
  • Bonta's is in Kara Plains
  • Amakna's is in Singing Fields
  • Sufokia's is in Turfo Canyon

Besides looking for baby drhellers in the low level mines, there are adult drhellers to be found deep in the high level mines. Not in all of them though, I think I found a lot more drhellers in Steamulating Mines (Sufokia) that I did in The Drhellery (Amakna), and I haven't even checked Not Mines (Bonta) or Sidimote Mines (Brakmar).

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #601939  Replies : 10  Views : 633
posté September 05, 2013, 08:06:54 | #12

Quote (Mr-buddy2u @ 04 September 2013 21:33) *
What do want in the crafting revamp? What is wrong with current system? I hate to beat a dead bowmeow but its coming up. Cooking is the big thing In my book.
I want recipes to make sense based on item availability. There are some recipes that haven't been changed for at least two years, which require materials that have been changed incredibly.

For example, everything involving Polished Ruby is pretty much unchanged even though when the recipes were created in the first place the ruby was mined by miners and was just as common as Copper is now, and now it's a rare drop from dungeons instead. Ruby Stones and Polished Ruby needs to be removed from most of the crafts, and maybe only included in really low quantities in really great recipes (like orange named gear). Same goes for the other jewels, like Lalovely, Diamond, Emerald, etc. The quantities needed of these jewels to craft recipes is heavily unbalanced with how hard they are to obtain.

For Handyman there's a recipe that needs Ha Swords to be crafted. The recipe used to need 10 ores, 10 planks, 10 oils and 10 ha swords, which in total meant 10+30+30+30 (100) base materials (wood isntead of planks etc). Then they changed the Ha Sword recipe from 1 beak and 2 iron to 21 beaks and 10 planks. They also updated the handyman recipe, but in a ridiculous way, to 11 ores, 11 planks, 10 oils and 9 ha swords, as if that would help. The handyman recipe now needs a total of 533 items.

These are just a few extreme examples of how unbalanced the crafting system is, which shows that the whole thing needs a balancing overhaul.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #601933  Replies : 21  Views : 965
posté September 05, 2013, 07:56:58 | #13

Quote (-Revoke @ 05 September 2013 00:33) *
So does mining ever get faster with level? Or does it always take 10 seconds to mine any ore deposit?
It always takes 10 seconds to mine ore deposits, no matter what level you are.

There might be equipment that increases your harvesting speed, and there's something miners can craft around lvl 15-20 (forgot its name and level) that is supposed to increase the speed, but I haven't seen that feature working for at least two years. Try it, time it, and see if it helps.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #601923  Replies : 7  Views : 564
posté September 04, 2013, 13:12:28 | #14
Farle's Field ecosystem limit is terrible Okay, this might not technically be a bug, but it's something that should be reevaluated and fixed anyway. The ecosystem in Farle's Field says there has to be a minimum of 120 crops and a maximum of 360 crops.

This is what the map looks like with 340 crops:
(red zones are empty, blue zones are almost filled):

For a nation that is supposed to be special for its farmer, baker and chef professions, this is catastrophic. Anyone who visits Farle's Fields will feel the fields are empty all the time, and the few who want to plant there are told by the ridiculous maximum of 360 that there's no room even though all the fields are empty.

The maximum should be raised to 700 or maybe even 900 to allow the fields to be almost filled. The minimum should be raised to 350 because I really don't feel this area should be any more empty than what is displayed with blue on the map above.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #601555  Replies : 5  Views : 325
posté September 04, 2013, 10:21:18 | #15
As mentioned in another thread, the official encyclopedia shows this information. Go to the Encyclopedia (from wakfu.com) and click Crafting, then Harvests, and then filter the list by choosing Miner on the right side, or click here.

It won't show you the best places, but it will show you all possible places so that you can go scout and decide for yourself where you prefer to be. If you ask players they will reply with places they know themselves and visit, but if you use the encyclopedia you could find an area nobody else goes to and mine without the competition

Update: Oh, just found an error in the encyclopedia.. Silver and Bauxite are both available at the Wild Prairie in Sufokia too, but it only shows Amakna.. Sigh, how hard can it be for the official source to show correct information.

This post has been edited by Nillii - September 04, 2013, 10:22:55.
Thread : Crafting  Preview message : #601487  Replies : 2  Views : 718
posté September 04, 2013, 07:37:05 | #16

Quote (Ckillzz6122 @ 04 September 2013 00:54) *
what about the Chat /Pm bug ? (whenu leave pmtabs open the pms dont show up in the main window/?)
That doesn't sound like a bug. If you have a pm tab for a specific player, why would you want those messages in both places? I assume it's a feature that the messages are only displayed in the specific pm tab.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #601419  Replies : 72  Views : 5682
posté September 04, 2013, 07:34:52 | #17
No.

They get a lot of tickets so just be patient and wait your turn.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #601417  Replies : 10  Views : 530
posté September 03, 2013, 20:16:40 | #18
Handyman recipes (Stools) mixed up Character: Irrelevant
Ankama display name: Irrelevant
Map: Irrelevant
Time: Now (Sep 3rd, 8 pm Remington time) and ever since the recipe was added in the first place

Bug description: The level 40 Handyman recipes for stools are as follows:

• Amaknian Stool: Treechnid drops and harvests
  • Bontarian Stool: Musslies drops and harvests
  • Brakmarian Stool: Treechnid drops and harvests
  • Sufokian Stool: Musslies drops and harvests

I assume the Bontarian and Brakmarian have had their recipes mixed up. Bonta doesn't have musslies, but it has treechnids. Brakmar doesn't have treechnids, but it has musslies.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #601191  Replies : 0  Views : 134
posté September 03, 2013, 19:02:33 | #19

Quote (Azael @ 03 September 2013 17:03) *
From now on I will regularly (after each update if possible) publish a “Letter to the Community” to talk about WAKFU and announce important information or modification brought to our previous plans.
Lately, we asked the Community Managers to send us a list of the most regularly reported bugs: fixing these bugs will now become our number one priority on the same level as class revamps. This list has been published on the forums. Our goal will be to keep it updated to let you know the progress made.
We’re also looking into opening the Beta server to more players on specific periods of time, allowing us to track bugs earlier.
Thank you

Communication is important, and considering all the things that are wrong with the game we (the community) need to feel we are heard when we voice our opinions. As someone pointed out in another thread, we wouldn't bother voicing our opinions at all if we didn't already care so much about this game. We love the game, that's why we want it to be made even better The list of known bugs is a great way to let the players know what issues you are aware of and which ones we need to talk about.

About the beta server - I would endure all these bugs a whole lot easier if I was experiencing them on the beta server instead of the actual server. If we are given 24-48 hours once a month to test the new patch a couple of days before it goes live on the real servers, and if we are given proper tools to communicate our findings (personally I like the forum but it's useless unless the devs read it), and if most or at least many of the reported beta bugs are fixed before going live for everyone, then the beta server would be amazing. I'm excited to find out what you plan to do about the beta server.

Thread : Devblogs  Preview message : #601139  Replies : 71  Views : 2926
posté September 03, 2013, 18:18:25 | #20
Ooh, great list. I love this, and I hope you will keep it relatively updated for all eternity

Brakmar's Mollusky Dungeon cannot be entered
Oh, it's under the wrong header so I thought it wasn't in the list at all. Move it from Nations/Politics up to Combat/Dungeons instead

Citronana is too rare and too often needed in recipes
Wow, this will be fixed in the next patch? Awesome

Feeding a Quaquack has become too complicated
I don't know what it means when you mark this as "fixed", but I'm excited to see my favorite pet getting some attention from the devs.

And these bugs might not have been reported much, but they are still very much bugged and should be relatively easy to fix (I think):
  • The teamwork chests in Incarnam don't appear: Click here
  • The chat filters are clickable even when invisible now: Click here

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #601101  Replies : 72  Views : 5682