Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

cyndiloo's profile
Statistics
1148 Posts (1.16 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté September 22, 2013, 23:38:27 | #1
I just think they should give you the damage regardless of if you use the dolls or not or if you move or not. Maybe they could just give you 30 percent damage for each leadership point you have and let it cap at 150 percent. Xelor builds up damage every turn just for playing but loses it when stunned, masq and enu and rogue get it from secondary stats, cra and iop just get it from talents. They seem to think that having 400 percent damage and using dolls is going to at all help the dolls get thru resistance. It's already enough of a penalty to use dolls just because you have to spend so many more resources to get them on the field. You're left with little to attack with and they have such low damage and hp anyway. . .You make it work for both summoners and non summoners and it'd be fine. No need for any complicated process to stack or trigger it. As long as sadida has been broken, so what if they're a little overpowered in solo content or one on one pvp for half a year before you can figure out what to do with the class, just put a band-aid on the class and come back to it when you can give it the proper attention it deserves and create and elegant solution that pleases people.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #609133  Replies : 131  Views : 3544
posté September 22, 2013, 20:52:42 | #2
I don't really like boosting damage by mp not used when so many sadida spells have mp as part of the cost. I also think it's bad gameplay to make people into turrets. It was something they went back on from orginal designed air cras and air enis, and I think this would just encourage more of that. Plus you already have a mechanic that converts unused mp into healing with tree.

Frankly I think you just out to get some damage bonus regardless if you have dolls or not.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #609079  Replies : 131  Views : 3544
posté September 22, 2013, 20:47:09 | #3
I'd rather just see random spawns with a horde type super monster from a family in it and let it wander until killed. The better way to put unique items on challenge mobs was in snowbound village with the three chafekateers and snowfoux scramble. Frankly I just find most hordes annoying and have noticed this lately while solo leveling on my sadida. When one comes up it blocks out any challenges there for like 2 hours and reduces the places you can hop back and forth to for challenge leveling. A lot of people rely on challenges for leveling esp b/w 60 and 110, and hordes are purely a group activity unless you severely outlevel them in which case the xp is paltry. Technically snowfoux and 3 chafekateers are group activities as well, but at least they're only 15 minutes and ice floe has plenty of soloable challenges.

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 22 September 2013 17:27) *
They did great releasing hordes on all the adventure islands up to whispering but then dropped the ball with frigost and wabbit island.

I want them to make frigost/wabbit hordes I understand it has much larger amounts of monsters that vary in level but you can't just create content and then cut it off like that. That's lazy.
At the very least I'd like a named mob set with a unique loot table as part of the challenge mobs. The crow and wabbits in first area have no drops and are overly simple. I mean it's fine for spam leveling but 3 chafekateers and snowfoux chafers are much better examples of this type of challenge. Lenaldix is somewhat like the fenris challenge I suppose, though I'm not sure if he drops anything either.

This post has been edited by cyndiloo - September 22, 2013, 20:50:08.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #609075  Replies : 9  Views : 545
posté September 17, 2013, 15:09:56 | #4
I'm not entirely sure rewarding quantity of posts and not quality of post is the route we should be taking anyway. It seems to just encourage forum reply spam, and some people should learn not to reply to every thread if they have nothing meaningful to contribute.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #606885  Replies : 45  Views : 1310
posté September 14, 2013, 21:20:59 | #5
If you're on Nox check out kamaradery. We have been around since beta but only recently have started recruiting actively again as we looked up and realized we had a lot of inactives, lol, and though we do enjoy our own company, we wanted to expand a bit and have more people on for various levels and groups. We frequently have runs of the frigost level dungeons and wabbit island parties and some ub groups. We have a section in the "guild" section of Nox. We have a very nice haven world in cania plains on the west side. You can contact shirayuki or tulesse or chente beast/huracan or myself on patek-phillipe/terrie twoclaws however I probably won't be back in the game today, busy week for me but others should be around.

I can help you get some of the higher items to make your characters better and run you through stuff or others in the guild can. Usually dungeon groups in the evening or at night though sometimes in the afternoons.

This post has been edited by cyndiloo - September 14, 2013, 21:26:59.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #605917  Replies : 3  Views : 299
posté September 13, 2013, 17:57:04 | #6

Quote (bandersnitch @ 13 September 2013 17:14) *
It's substandard, but AUTOMATIC.

The role of the ability would be to maintain health regardless of map position.

Suppose you are running magmog or some such and you get stunned or blocked, or knocked across the board, you get to heal for zero.

If you have regen on 3 chars, their health gets maintained irrespective of whether you are stunned, locked or across the map. If you need to spend 3ap to push something away to get where you need to go, then the other heals suddenly don't look as efficient.

It's all about trade off. An eni with regen on multiple characters should be able to maintain the health of the party, not rocket everyone to max.

(And rebirth is not 2ap...it's 2ap after remedies, so you're talking 4ap minimum to turn it to a heal.)

In addition regen is chromatic, so available to fire and air eni w/o any prep spells. I just think the description should be changed or we should be able to maintain it on multiple chars.
You can't put it on 3 people, you can only put it on one, I guess it might have some uses if you have a character that needs to always get out of line of sight and will be taking damage and you can't get to them, but frankly they're going to be taking more damage than this will heal if that is the case. I have played with it, but I left it out after my respec. I can heal as much casting the 1 ap spell twice and it has a tremendous range as it is. If it cost 1 ap to maintain I might consider it, but for 2 ap, it just reduces my ap every turn even if that person doesn't need it and if I'm working with 10 ap as I am right now, then it means that I may be stuck in a position where I need to rez or remove a stun and then I'm left with 6 ap instead of 8 to actually heal with and invig is our most effective heal if it hits two people right now, so I like casting 2 of those. The 3 ap spell is a good heal, but it's not nearly as effective unless people are too spread out for invig.

I think I might be more inclined to use it in an air or maybe fire build than I am with a water build.

This post has been edited by cyndiloo - September 13, 2013, 17:59:18.
Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #605495  Replies : 8  Views : 649
posté September 13, 2013, 16:38:03 | #7

Quote (aquabeauty @ 12 September 2013 05:48) *
Lol sadidas are a joke to ankama.
but even so drain is a good spell and not part of the problem.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #605461  Replies : 20  Views : 1129
posté September 13, 2013, 16:27:46 | #8
It's not a huge difference, in the grand scheme of things neither are just super poplulated. They're both medium size with remington having a slight edge.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #605457  Replies : 5  Views : 244
posté September 13, 2013, 15:36:45 | #9

Quote (tashlol @ 13 September 2013 09:01) *

Quote (Sabi @ 13 September 2013 07:47) *
If you are feeling too much pressure from other players in-game one way to first react to it, is to first step back take some time to regroup and do something fun on your own. That usually works for me and then when you come back to your usual routine, decide whether you would still want to communicate or be around those players causing you that bad experience.
I'd also like to add to the idea of suggestions to people in this position.
Ankama's definition of harassment might not be the same as yours. I know for me personally, there a bunch of things people could do in game that would upset me that aren't termed by Ankama as harassment, and I know there are others that feel this way. Its perfectly okay to feel pressured by things people don't term as harassment, you're not being a baby, you're not over reacting. They're your feelings and you're entitled to feel them. If this is the case then I would suggest, as Sabi touched on, taking a step back and thinking to yourself 'why do I keep playing this game if these people upset me so much?'. Taking a break or quitting may be the best option for you, but if you have a genuine love for the game then perhaps a server change or new account is the best course of action.
I know from personal experience that not all aggroing problems can be solved by talking or even apologising (sometimes at the attacker's request). Don't put yourself through that. Nothing is worth more than your peace of mind and your happiness.
I don't see why with two english servers they can't just designate one as a kill anywhere any time pvp blood bath and one as you cannot attack players who don't flag for pvp. Of course they'd need to offer character transfers, but it always works better if you put the pve'ers together and let them have the option of participating in organized pvp if they choose to and you put all the 17 year old angst ridden trash talkers together in their own hell. I have played on both pvp and pve servers in wow and you'll find the age brackets and demographic differ greatly.

I would expand harassment to include repeatedly spawn camping and interfering with someone else's enjoyment of the game and ability to play it. While social issues are one thing and it's good to have the community work together, you don't really have any negative things happen to constant griefers. In any other society if people came to your work and your home and constantly beat you senseless and taunted you and got in your way to function the authorities could intervene and you could use the justice system to protect yourself. It's fine to say handle it yourself, but if a bunch of 17 your old snots are ruining the server and running everyone else off, that's a problem for ankama and everyone.

Game needs a way to opt out of pvp. Many see it currently as pointless and until it's revamped there's little point. If you implemented a true arena where people compete in teams of 2, 3 or 6 and set up a seasonal ranking system with rewards or even battleground objectives that were multiserver then you could actually have something going on and talk about comps and strategy and teams but most all of it now is just 2 level 120's killing lowbies and trash talking and running them off before they figure the game out. It's juvenile and while it certainly protects the griefers' rights it does very little to protect the rights of those who are leveling or trying to enjoy other aspects of the game which to be fair are far more supported and numerous than the little pvp that is really going on now without gvg or any organized outlet for it other than 5th bond griefing.

This post has been edited by cyndiloo - September 13, 2013, 15:46:00.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #605427  Replies : 93  Views : 3103
posté September 13, 2013, 15:22:03 | #10
to be fair, the game has been our for a year and a half and the low levels go quickly, even still when I go back to them to get resources or do things, I run into people. . .

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #605413  Replies : 5  Views : 244
posté September 12, 2013, 22:54:48 | #11
I find the talent lackluster to be honest for 2 ap it's a pretty substandard heal.

Thread : Eniripsa  Preview message : #605149  Replies : 8  Views : 649
posté September 12, 2013, 20:56:11 | #12

Quote (Gynrei @ 11 September 2013 14:44) *
To the victor go the spoils.
+1 agree. All ub's are hard at first and then prices drop or people level up and get stronger and can do it themselves or adapt and make better strategies. You don't need this gear to play the game, and there are lots of alternatives and it'll be more readily available for the masses over time just like magmog and bc.

I don't whine in wow b/c someone else got more heroic bosses down than my team did. Good for them, they worked hard for that and they deserve to be rewarded for the time, effort, and skill. In most games you have to actually defeat the boss to get loot from it and things are soulbound, at least here you will someday get one even if you never can defeat it yourself.

This post has been edited by cyndiloo - September 12, 2013, 20:59:05.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #605105  Replies : 26  Views : 1237
posté September 12, 2013, 19:47:57 | #13
Agreed, unless you are stacking on the emiw boss in a group and being aoe'ed to death, I don't really see that this dungeon is that bad. There are all sorts of obstacles in the way, funnel them to you and don't stack up on top of each other. . .It's a fun fight and not overly difficult unless you put fragile character in harms way and let them get ganged or stand on top of each other. I really enjoyed the mechanic to remove the bosses immunity and like this dungeon as is, it's not overtuned.

This post has been edited by cyndiloo - September 12, 2013, 19:48:32.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #605081  Replies : 22  Views : 1096
posté September 12, 2013, 08:48:25 | #14
Even though the challenges will get you to 140 the quickest, the mobs don't drop much of note, they aren't like the three chafeketeers and the snowfoux trackers. At least not in the first area, the crows and wabbits there give 4.3 million xp i think for the challenge but you only get like 750kk i think for groups of 4. Also your spell xp doesn't level like it should when you level this way. One of my guildies has gone from 122 to 130 this way but his spells aren't 130. I am just taking my time killing lenalds and black wabbit groups, doing black wabbit dungeon, and some chafers and ambassador runs, but I'm 130 from 125 starting place. No big hurry we have 3 months, lol. I just made a foray into lenald dungeon but the boss was pretty rough, going to have to see if can work out a better strat for that one, lol. That defense ability he puts on them at the beginning of the round makes it harder to get them moved and down before you get overrun, and I didn't have a panda to throw them away, but I'm sure i'll come up with something, fun anyway.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #604905  Replies : 14  Views : 842
posté September 11, 2013, 18:33:33 | #15
Drain's actually one of my favorite sadida spells, you can heal almost anyone in contact with a monster for a large amount while actually doing damage at the same time, and if you have to 2 people on a monster it gets even better. It costs 4ap and 1 mp and it doesn't require los. You can even put a doll seed next to a player and create an inflatable while healing the person with splash damage and then have the doll heal them too. . .This is a really good spell, and I think if you are truly playing you'd realize that there are actually a lot of tactical variations just on this spell

I recently picked my 92 sadida back up and made a mud build with water and earth b/c there are some great new water earth high level sets that finally also have a variety of stats and healing, so my theory is to use drain and muddoll in water while also using bramble, wild grass and manifold bramble in earth. You should be able to do great heals when needed. Great damage from a distance or aoe from a distance as both bramble and manifold have awesome range, but good up close damage too with wild grass. You also get the addition of being able to shield people with bramble and wild grass as well as throw out heals. You can play lone sadida for more damage and heals or you can go with dolls to offer a variety of healing and blocking support as well.

I'm actually rather excited about the tactical depth and versatility of this class, though I won't say it doesn't have some issue, but drain is really not one I'd even think about when considering sadida problems.

Tear may be a bit lackluster but it is designed to be used with a totem where it enhances the damage by giving an extra hit. Totem itself however i find more problematic that the concept of tear.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #604651  Replies : 20  Views : 1129
posté September 11, 2013, 18:21:22 | #16

Quote (Pimento2 @ 11 September 2013 08:58) *
A lot of the comments recently about the drop system and other problems really highlight the fact that in order for a game to be fun to play, especially an RPG, playing the game must always be rewarding or at least feel rewarding. There are very few activities that a solo player can do that are rewarding, as Wakfu heavily emphasizes group play and thus heavily punishes solo play. Being such an underpopulated game with split communities and no group find function, it is very difficult for most players to engage in rewarding activities and subsequently have fun. In theory, there should be enough players in an economy for all players to sell or trade away whatever they drop and don't need, then buy or trade for whatever they find difficult to drop and do need. Unfortunately, this is not the case, and it is near-impossible to find a willing seller or trader for most items largely inaccessible to most players, making the game overall feel unrewarding. This was one of the great strengths of the dungeon token system; even if you did not get anything at all at the end of a dungeon run, you were still rewarded with something that can go toward what you're hunting for. To put this into context, all you would have needed to do to guarantee yourself a mecha-cloak would have been to defeat Sylargh 12 times. I hope the developers will figure this out sooner rather than later.
I couldn't agree with this comment more. While I do really enjoy challenging end game content, there needs to be enough content for solo and casual players to also feel like they're making progress as well. A lot of games handle this beautiful through tokens or in game currencies that allow people to gear their characters if they work at it over time. Maybe the very highest tier of content available should be a bit challenging but the stuff under that should be achievable so people can get geared up enough to start attempting it.

Now while I agree that this game just makes us bleed for everything, I do of course know the dangers of going too far in the other direction. A lot off mmo's have done this and left players who want a challenge feeling like they don't have enough to do or the game is too easy, but you need to think about all your customers, and a lot of them are just casual players who are enjoying the game with their guilds.

But wakfu makes everything such a challenge from low drop rates, difficulty leveling solo, almost impossible ability to use smithmagic to enhance your gear, the trool fair, professions, etc. I do enjoy achieving things over time, but when I just want consumables or bread and have to take 8 to 10 hours out of my day to make a quantity of these things just so I can get back to doing content again. I'd buy a lot of these things if they were on the market, but they're simply not. Without a huge playerbase you're almost left with doing most of all the work yourself if you need things done.

In all honesty 1mk is not a lot for a whole guild and if he gets a haven world and builds a guild hall and a lab and starts helping the guildies with some initial leveling sets it'll start to dwindle. Though most players don't get that kind of thing from the start, I frequently get gear sets and give a few thousand kamas to new players when they join us just so they can get started and get around the zaps and stuff.

This post has been edited by cyndiloo - September 11, 2013, 18:21:46.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #604645  Replies : 28  Views : 1427
posté September 10, 2013, 15:17:56 | #17
Signed.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #604047  Replies : 182  Views : 7936
posté September 10, 2013, 07:48:40 | #18

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 10 September 2013 02:05) *

Quote (cyndiloo @ 09 September 2013 19:24) *
You know I just got to thinking, I hope we didn't think of this wrong, It wasn't today was it? I know that dathura is a day ahead of us on almanax. . .Maybe it's the 10th over there already.
Seeing as how troyle posted it on our forums and not the french forums its safe to assume he's not that dumb.
A simple no, this was correct for our server would have sufficed hackwork. Quit going out of your way to be vitriolic and demeaning to people. In the spirit of this event you of all people should be pleasant as your server is hosting it. We have had unusual things happen with the times b/w servers and this forum does also serve as the forum for other international players who are in different time zones. Certainly no one was questioning troyle's intelligence.

Thread : News  Preview message : #603865  Replies : 69  Views : 2808
posté September 09, 2013, 22:56:37 | #19
Wo zwombbit mask This item is a helmet but it's crafted by an armorer. Tailors make helmets.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #603773  Replies : 1  Views : 336
posté September 09, 2013, 22:55:34 | #20
black enewgy This doesn't appear to be dropping at the rate it is indicated at 5 percent. I have gotten tons and tons of much rarer items over 10 or 15 runs and only 1 of these.

This seems to have been fixed despite not getting hardly any up until this most recent tuesday, today I ran the dungeon twice and obtained 3, so either I was ridiculously unlucky before or they fixed the drop rate to match the encyclopedia.

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #603771  Replies : 0  Views : 119