No flash

Forum

Bulbasheep's profile
Statistics
353 Posts (0.85 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Today - 01:12:48 | #1

Quote (SpecAce @ 20 April 2014 00:28) *
I guess at the end of the day I am an unhappy customer. I'm sure this has made others unhappy. And as a company I think Ankama should avoid making too many unhappy customers because you never know when another company will step in and make those customers happy. Everyone should be having fun on this holiday 'event' and getting neat costumes, not having this discussion in my opinion. So... yeah, I'll leave it at that.

I actually REALLY hope another company steps in soon. Ankama makes all these brash decisions because they don't have that competition to keep customers happy so they just perform money grabs like a typical Korean MMO.
Except we also pay subs.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #718447  Replies : 90  Views : 1031
posté Yesterday - 15:50:51 | #2

Quote (FajneCycki @ 19 April 2014 15:07) *
multi-accounters aren't always the bringers of evil and darkness.
I know that. It is why I specifically said when I started the restaurant thing that it is NOT in a Wakfu multiboxing context. I was just saying what I said in response to your statement about not banning people who paid.

And yeah I guess if you're such a small restaurant, but I was thinking big. Like, in the city kind of big which brings in all sorts of people like in an MMO.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #718145  Replies : 89  Views : 1284
posté Yesterday - 15:00:55 | #3

Quote (FajneCycki @ 19 April 2014 14:57) *
Because why to ban people who pay you money...
That's all well and good but why ban people if they might make things worse (NOT in Wakfu multiboxing context, but in general). For instance, if someone who goes to your restaurant often starts acting like a big jerk face to everyone and disrupting the restaurant's atmosphere, you'd still kick him out irregardless that he pays you money, because you want to maintain the restaurant's good standings and not let one person ruin it for many other people.
The whole 'don't ban people who pay money' thing is a REALLY bad thing to get into your head when doing any of these kinds of social things. Removing one person who is causing havoc may make the rest of the playerbase that much more loyal because of how your priorities are set in a step in the right direction.

And also, with the multiple-accounts-with-same-email-thing, just because someone got away with it doesn't mean you should do it or everyone ever would get away with it.

This post has been edited by Bulbasheep - April 19, 2014, 15:04:55.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #718137  Replies : 89  Views : 1284
posté Yesterday - 10:53:14 | #4

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 19 April 2014 09:46) *
They sell what they are good in making - the look. If they can't make people pay them for the bugged game, they lure players with costumes. I doubt a game can exist just by looking nicely.

Ankama, go revise what you are asking players to pay for.

I think the main problem is that they don't really have much competition against any other MMO. They filled for themselves a comfortable niche that other companies aren't too keen on (art style and gameplay) and because there isn't another game specifically to compete against they feel they can just slack and do whatever they want because people will keep coming back because there isn't another MMO with this kind of experience.

Thread : News  Preview message : #718087  Replies : 40  Views : 625
posté Yesterday - 10:50:57 | #5
There's a really awesome costume in the Ogrines store called 'Spring has Sprung' costume in red. It looks awesome on male characters, I dunno about females since I don't have any.

but nooo don't just delete everything that's blue. I like blue. I think the thing is that when you dislike someting, you notice it a lot easier. There's plenty of stuff in other colours.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #718085  Replies : 11  Views : 230
posté Yesterday - 09:54:14 | #6

Quote (Warrada @ 18 April 2014 18:51) *
All this fuss over cosmetic items.

Let them give a gift to their big supporters. It's not like the insignia actually costs ogrines, from what I can tell it's a bonus gift for people spending a lot anyways.

Yeah! Let's just make the next set of cosmetic items cost $100 worth of Ogrines! Only the people loyal enough (read: has money from mummy and who the heck actually buys $60 worth of Ogrines anyway in any other situation?) will get them! Huh? What's that? Working a normal job and don't have $60 to spend at a whim essentially just to get one costume?

Get out

Oh yeah and screw you if you don't live in x countries. You're not loyal enough. LAWL

This post has been edited by Bulbasheep - April 19, 2014, 09:55:46.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #718079  Replies : 90  Views : 1031
posté Yesterday - 04:47:32 | #7

Quote (IYesWayI @ 19 April 2014 04:40) *
The wakfu in beta joke is getting a little old. Its got plenty of content at this point and has been out for over 2 years with 4 or 5 years of actual beta. The most populated server is Aerefel BY FAR. Then it is probably wakfu asia, then a tie between Dathura and Nox. The rest you shouldnt even bother with.

Hey, Remington is pretty populated too. Albeit NA people can't get in, at least not without help from someone else.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #718025  Replies : 11  Views : 260
posté Yesterday - 03:50:52 | #8
I think why they thought this was a good idea can all be boiled down to one word.

"Ankama".

Also it only being available in those countries is an insult to people like me who don't have the privilege of living in Ankama's 'approval zone' or whatever of who gets things. not that I would get it either way.

But of course, as quoted by my sister:

but of course there are a lot of obsessive dumb people in the world so they KNOW people will buy it anyway
BECAUSE PREMIUM
MUST GET THE LIMITED ITEM

It's the same tactic a lot of retail stores use too. "Limited offer! MUST END MONDAY!" And people will just be scrambling to get the thing even if they don't really need it JUST because it's a 'limited super special offer'

This post has been edited by Bulbasheep - April 19, 2014, 03:54:32.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #718003  Replies : 90  Views : 1031
posté Yesterday - 03:35:19 | #9

* Only the following countries are eligible for this promotion: France (metropolitan France and DOM-TOM), Belgium, Canada, USA, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Morocco, Britain, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Austria and Luxemboura

lol ok

Why not just make them normally purchasable in the shop, so, you know, we actually have something to spend Orgines on?

Oh wait.

This post has been edited by Bulbasheep - April 19, 2014, 03:36:46.
Thread : News  Preview message : #717999  Replies : 40  Views : 625
posté April 18, 2014, 11:54:11 | #10
Yay! Exactly the same as last year! And the year before!

Thread : News  Preview message : #717563  Replies : 22  Views : 455
posté December 11, 2013, 13:19:17 | #11
Fashion!

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #650437  Replies : 6  Views : 409
posté November 16, 2013, 06:06:14 | #12

Quote (Pokiehls @ 16 November 2013 00:00) *
I have no problem with this event, aside from killing 666 of each mobs, the entire event is completely doable, even for low level characters.

I see it as a matter of exclusivity, if Monster Hunter Costume were easy to get, you would see the server overun with it, and it would lose it's charm, but since it takes so much time to get it, only a few people will have it, giving more satisfaction for the ones who put a little extra effort in getting it.

There's the witch/wizard outfit for the ones who don't want to waste time with the event, and a lot of decoration/almotokens as well. I like the event the way it is, it IS boring to kill 666 enemies on these random challenges, but at least I know I'll be one of the few with this outfit for the next year.

Cheers.
We aren't saying to make the event easier.
The point here is to make the event more fun.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #635661  Replies : 17  Views : 669
posté November 15, 2013, 21:36:14 | #13
No it's totally worth it! I always have mine equipped and I am always so shiny--and also I love lighting up candles. yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #635453  Replies : 14  Views : 932
posté November 15, 2013, 21:35:14 | #14
Considering Ankama had trouble running an event that was nothing but killing monsters-- including stuff like inability to spawn normal mobs or get the achievements to work or let NPCs be talked to-- I can't imagine how incredibly buggy and glitchy a fun event like this might be if they ever tried it. D;

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #635447  Replies : 17  Views : 669
posté November 15, 2013, 09:47:37 | #15
Not everyone is as lucky as you to have been able to kill a boat load so quickly, Mikeh, or have no one in your server when you're on or something. In my server, most ghouls get killed off within the minute--I gotta be lucky to get more than 5 killed when the quest comes up.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #635131  Replies : 28  Views : 1177
posté November 15, 2013, 01:10:34 | #16

Quote (Pyralless @ 15 November 2013 01:02) *

Quote (Renommus @ 15 November 2013 00:22) *
My face would devalue the CD. Hahahaha!
Pshhh. Lies.
You saw what his face did to his avatar.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #634959  Replies : 372  Views : 14102
posté November 14, 2013, 20:31:37 | #17
Thanks for fixing the Rosal costume. Now, uh, could you have a look at this? I really want to wear and enjoy the costume again but this bug is just... Blegh..

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #634837  Replies : 6  Views : 409
posté November 14, 2013, 06:42:42 | #18
This looks super fun, I've always wanted to pick up and build an Iop.

Great solid guide--Though I must ask, how'd you gear your Iop to get 12 AP? My Eni used to run an 11 Ap build but I had to get that 11th AP by using a Satisfaction ring which really sucks because of the MP. Is there more gear at higher levels that gives AP?

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #634433  Replies : 21  Views : 8312