Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

Fire rogue, Firewall alternative options??, 0 creativity was used to revamp firewall. we can do better people.
posté February 06, 2014, 06:11:50 | #1
Fire rogue, Firewall alternative options?? So basically, 3 tile limit for firewall damage is completely ridiculous. We can come up with some better ideas for how it should have been dealt with. And tbh, a firewall rogue isn't desired for any UB or high level dungeon, and with what they've just done, a firewall rogue isn't really desirable for anything.

Here's my proposal:

"It makes 0 sense that an enemy magically builds up 100% resistance to a hot, blazing wall of fire in front of them after walking 3 squares...

What if every step increased the enemies resistance to fire. Like how players build a resistance to Eni's heals. Doesn't that seem more logical? That way, the effects of firewall can't be taken advantage of, but the user can decide if he wants to keep the firewall out, while only hurting the enemy a minimal amount.

And then you could take it one step further and say that the enemy builds resistance to EVERY fire attack made on the board. So if another player attacks with fire, the enemy will have higher fire resistance. Make there be both positives and negatives to using firewall.

This way, if a player is alone, they can rely on there firewall to do most of the damage, or if their with other players, they might need to adapt their strategy.

I don't want to sound like a d***, but just limiting fire walls damage to only 3 cells per turn just sounds like a quick resolve to stop people from abusing it. There is 0 creativity used in developing a way to make fire wall more in depth and unique."

And there it is.

Please, feel free to write your own thoughts on how it should be revamped!

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2006-03-20
posté February 06, 2014, 06:18:20 | #2
Great suggestion, unfortunately it falls on deaf ears.

My suggestion is Firewall procs 3 times per turn per target (useful but not as 'OP' as before). There could even be a passive which increases the chance of the Firewall procing further. Furthermore Firewall's damage is now based off of the Rogue's fire damage and not the Rogue's level.

In regards to piercing shot.. reducing the AP cost by 1 :c, or making it a 4 AP 1 MP spell. We'll see how it fairs when it's released, it mightn't be horrible.

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - February 06, 2014, 06:35:53.
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-11-26
posté February 06, 2014, 06:24:34 | #3
i'm not quite sure. but as a 140 rogue who was fire most of it's existence, 9 ap for 210 base damage seems pretty spot on for 9 ap, but. i agree it shouldn't BE useless after that, they should implment at least, a 50% chance for it to proc more, being the mere fact that fire rogues spells revolve around the bomb wall, magnet. to push them back in whip to whip them, and flame claw? please ..

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-02-17
posté February 06, 2014, 08:22:32 | #4
Why don't you throw a megabomb and use 5 more up to explode it?

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-03-01
posté February 06, 2014, 09:44:35 | #5
None of the ideas here really create a firewall that is fun to play with though.

Idea:
Firewall damage now procs state Careful Steps +1lvl.

Careful steps lvl1 (caps at level 3... or 4 depending on testing): "Each step in firewall builds resistance to further damage as you navigate it carefully." Resistance to firewall damage +20%.

Old firewall with 6 steps (using 100% as full firewall damage)
100 100 100 100 100 100 = 600% damage (aka 6 firewall procs at full strength)

New idea for firewall (with level 3 careful steps cap):
100 80 60 40 40 40 = 360% damage (a bit more than 3 old steps... BUT you can still deal further damage if you use STRATEGY and tactics to keep them on the firewall)
(with level 4 cap)
100 80 60 40 20 20 = 320% damage (still a bit more than 3 old steps, but further firewall usage would feel way too weak)....so capping at level 3 would be best.

Careful steps state requires 1 full turn of no firewall damage to reset. This way if you use panda shenanigans or AI abusing to keep them in the firewall you can't pull off overly ridiculous damage.

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-03-12
posté February 06, 2014, 15:40:16 | #6
They could stop trying to be unique snowflakes and make firewall the same as dofus. where it's actually good.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2012-03-05
posté February 06, 2014, 15:54:57 | #7
yea, let it be a WALL not a CARPET (carpets are for fecas)

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-10-30
posté February 06, 2014, 21:17:27 | #8
I came up with this yesterday, as soon as I read about nerf.

[05/02/2014 16:40:30] 0rih: "Wall of Flame: Will not deal any damage to mobs during their respective turns."

Don't you all love it?

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2006-01-31
posté February 06, 2014, 21:27:02 | #9
Make it like it is in Dofus.

1) Bombs are physical objects that cannot be walked over, and have health proportionate to the Rogue.
2) Bomb Walls are single-cell walls created between TWO bombs that are seperated by up to 5 spaces, linearly
3) Bomb Walls can be bent around a corner by adding a THIRD bomb up to 5 spaces away linearly
4) Bomb Walls can be bent into a square shape by adding a FOURTH bomb up to 5 spaces away from the first and the third bomb and linear to both
5) If a Bomb is moved or destroyed, the wall dissipates. If a Bomb is moved back into position, the wall reappears. The wall immediately does damage when created under an enemy, when an enemy starts their turn in it, and when an enemy moves into it.
6) Detonator detonates bombs with ONE cast and all linked bombs via AoE or Bomb Wall blow up with them

I see no problem with the damage people are pulling - I do however take issue with the fact that the walls are three tiles wide.

This post has been edited by Hudski - February 06, 2014, 21:30:21.
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté February 07, 2014, 03:45:46 | #10

Quote (celestialknight @ 06 February 2014 06:11) *
So basically, 3 tile limit for firewall damage is completely ridiculous. We can come up with some better ideas for how it should have been dealt with. And tbh, a firewall rogue isn't desired for any UB or high level dungeon, and with what they've just done, a firewall rogue isn't really desirable for anything.

Here's my proposal:

"It makes 0 sense that an enemy magically builds up 100% resistance to a hot, blazing wall of fire in front of them after walking 3 squares...

What if every step increased the enemies resistance to fire. Like how players build a resistance to Eni's heals. Doesn't that seem more logical? That way, the effects of firewall can't be taken advantage of, but the user can decide if he wants to keep the firewall out, while only hurting the enemy a minimal amount.

And then you could take it one step further and say that the enemy builds resistance to EVERY fire attack made on the board. So if another player attacks with fire, the enemy will have higher fire resistance. Make there be both positives and negatives to using firewall.

This way, if a player is alone, they can rely on there firewall to do most of the damage, or if their with other players, they might need to adapt their strategy.

I don't want to sound like a d***, but just limiting fire walls damage to only 3 cells per turn just sounds like a quick resolve to stop people from abusing it. There is 0 creativity used in developing a way to make fire wall more in depth and unique."

And there it is.

Please, feel free to write your own thoughts on how it should be revamped!
You do realize fire rogues are amazing for high level dungeons and UBs right? There is a guy that six boxes in our guild with two fire rogues who runs wa in 45minutes lol and is working on his second nettlz. Fire rogues are broke as hell and needed a massive nerf. Get over it.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2006-03-20
posté February 07, 2014, 03:48:48 | #11

Quote (IYesWayI @ 07 February 2014 03:45) *
You do realize fire rogues are amazing for high level dungeons and UBs right? There is a guy that six boxes in our guild with two fire rogues who runs wa in 45minutes lol and is working on his second nettlz. Fire rogues are broke as hell and needed a massive nerf. Get over it.

There's a difference between a fix and gimping an entire branch of a class.. so

This post has been edited by Zadistforlife - February 07, 2014, 03:51:08.
Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté February 07, 2014, 05:00:45 | #12

Quote (Zadistforlife @ 07 February 2014 03:48) *

Quote (IYesWayI @ 07 February 2014 03:45) *

There's a difference between a fix and gimping an entire branch of a class.. so

True enough  

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-09-10
posté February 07, 2014, 21:00:45 | #13
Quote (IYesWayI @ 07 February 2014 03:45) *You do realize fire rogues are amazing for high level dungeons and UBs right? There is a guy that six boxes in our guild with two fire rogues who runs wa in 45minutes lol and is working on his second nettlz. Fire rogues are broke as hell and needed a massive nerf. Get over it.

There's no need for you to come here with your bad attitude. I was not complaining or yelling at Ankama; "Aww how could you do this. I'm never going to play this game again. Way to go again, nerfing another good class." etc. I was simply bringing to everyone's attention that I may agree that fire wall is pretty good against enemies, this nerf however is NOT the way to go about fixing it. Rogues aren't "broke" as you put it. I win battles against players, and I lose some.

Its obvious that this nerf was just a quick way to stop firewall until they have time to come up with an alternate way to make fire wall work in game. The problem now is that myself and many others are going to have to sit back and wait until they find the time.

I think you brought up an even bigger problem in game anyways. 6 boxing on one computer, by one person. This however will never stop and the Devs will never put an end to it. For 2 reasons. 1 - there still making money and 2 - bc then everyone would see how much of a wasteland this game really is. But don't get me wrong, I still love it. I mean at the end of the day they say that they are encouraging people to join guilds and work as a team and party up! Rght? Well, seems a bit odd when your able run 6 accounts on one computer, or buy a multiman to replace a real person in your group.

Again, though just my opinion! I really do still love this game.