Forum

Taku-'s profile
Statistics
625 Posts (0.65 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté Yesterday - 21:02:12 | #1

Quote (Uiasdnmb @ 20 April 2014 20:56) *
I haven't noticed theres no pp locks there o.o

Most people don't notice the lack of PP locks because the drop rates are so low you're unlikely to drop anything unless you specifically farm for it. And if you are, chances are you know it has no PP lock because you looked it up in the encyclopedia to see that.

The gear they drop has the same 0.1% drop rate as the relic fragment, and Inkap/Mushmantle are .02% drops. Enutrophs offer more chances with pouching, but even having maxed prospecting gear doesn't help much.

It can turn a .1 drop into .25 max, or a .02 into .05. Still shit chances, just very slightly better. It's all luck if you get everything or nothing.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #718725  Replies : 14  Views : 368
posté Yesterday - 16:41:53 | #2
Having tons of shit in your inventory (and looking at it consistantly, like I think a lot of people do) will cause problems. Opening the sidekick menu and using sidekicks for prolonged periods of time causes it too. Depending your guild, the guild menu is likely also to cause problems. Anything that indexes a bunch of shit, basically.

You can tell the backend of the game is not optimized or done in a clean manner just by how bad it can get through normal course of play. I think it might be a long time before they learn how to clean it up and put in the effort to do so, though.

I always wondered how multiboxing people could deal with it. To me, it's annoying enough with one client. It would really get to me if I had to deal with it on multiple clients.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #718641  Replies : 11  Views : 212
posté Yesterday - 00:21:07 | #3
WTB list Looking for:

* Midalurgee
* Mekeynisms (13)
* Ice Sticks (12)
* Black Enewgy
* The Cap
* Sage BP
* Rocky Fist

Can pay w/ kamas or trade a few items. Message me in game at 'Lord of Blood' or leave a message in ankabox.

This post has been edited by Taku- - April 20, 2014, 00:44:01.
Reason for edit : Added an item to the list.
Thread : Trade  Preview message : #718437  Replies : 0  Views : 44
posté April 19, 2014, 15:00:02 | #4
Ankama just has no incentive to prevent multiboxing. It makes them money and its pros outweigh the cons of what it brings to the game, even ignoring the financial aspect.

That said I think Ankama has no idea of what to do to fix the drop rate problem and they're experimenting here with seeing if they can ditch the PP lock. On the surface, I think it's a good idea. if it comes with making items have .02% and .1% drop rates though, I'd rather them not. Buut I also think they feel like if they make things even a 5-10% drop rate on gear it will be too easy and people will quit. And maybe that's true.. endgame in the end is farming for relics and PvP coupled with 5 once a week UB battles. If they don't give you something monotonous to do which still keeps you feeling like you're progressing (albeit in a very slow way), you might just move on to other stuff.

Sad to say but I think Ankama is using timesinks to keep people drawn in to the game.. and there's at least a few dozen people here since launch that are masochistic or something to keep playing this game who even realize that's the case. Ah well.

But nah I had running dungeons 30 times. if dungeons were more fun and not 2-3 hours long, sure, maybe they'd be more fun as a social experience with the people you're running with, but once past the 60-90 minute mark, realizing you have to run this however many times more, you start to lose interest in socializing and just want to get it done.. so you can do it again.. and then never do it again once you've gotten what you needed.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #718135  Replies : 90  Views : 1408
posté April 17, 2014, 17:00:14 | #5
Jabs looks better, has better damage/AP, and doesn't take nearly as long as flurry to execute (which is relevant when you're using the move 5+ times every single turn). The extra air damage looks nice, but is ultimately not noticeable.

If you're serious into Air, it's better to take Jabs. If you're just using air as filler, then having flurry and gutting gust leveled means you can make use of any odd numbers/extra AP you might have (when AP is stolen, when planning to use a speciality, etc), same with MP/WP.

Also of note is that several enemies have effects which are on-hit; some will have their resistance increased every time you hit them, some will give buffs to nearby enemies when hit/etc, which makes flurry even worse.

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #717233  Replies : 6  Views : 844
posté April 17, 2014, 08:14:19 | #6
WTB Tofu Any level is fine. IGN 'Lord of Blood' or Ankabox me.

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #717063  Replies : 0  Views : 33
posté April 17, 2014, 02:17:08 | #7
Unable to buy low Ogrine amounts. Currently, I have tested and confirmed that of the six payment options listed for me to choose from, none of them allow for purchasing the 6 dollar/3000 ogrines option, Paypal/CC only allows for the 10/40 dollar option, and none of the below-10 options are available beyond the ultimate game card, except for the mobile options offering the 2.99/800 amount (which is also a ripoff, considering there's a 2.50/1000 amount option).

I would like to access all of them, but specifically I know in the past I've been able to choose the lower ogrine amounts by paying with CC, so I don't know why it's unavailable now. Any help with this issue would be great.

Thread : Technical Issues  Preview message : #716995  Replies : 1  Views : 37
posté April 17, 2014, 00:53:17 | #8
kind of amazing it isn't default for everybody. It's a tactical game, it's good to have that kind of information.

Thread : Suggestions  Preview message : #716967  Replies : 19  Views : 398
posté April 16, 2014, 16:02:19 | #9
WTB Magic Cawwot Epps/BP Can pay kamas or trade for them. IGN 'Lord of Blood' or ankabox me.

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #716807  Replies : 0  Views : 29
posté April 16, 2014, 11:21:41 | #10
Yeah, I'm basically trying to create a build (when it comes to stat points and Spell XP distribution) that allows me to DPS as Fire/Earth with one gear set, and Lock tank at a reasonably competent level with a different set of gear. I don't really expect to be able to ever DPT when I'm in my tanking gear, mind you, just that I could swap gear and change into/out of DPT vs tanking.

And yeah, I noticed you can get a moderate amount of lock while DPT'ng (though gear like The Cap, tormented, Turq, etc), but it would never be enough for a UB like Dpig, or any high level boss. I might actually have to revisit my DPT gear set to ensure I'm not sacrificing possible damage increases in favor of trying to grab lock in my DPT set, because that's not worth it.

That said, I'm fairly taken with Fire (though I like all elements, fire's what I've leveled with and earth is necessary for tanking). I think if I could tank using fire/air I'd probably prefer that, but coag demands earth. I don't expect to ever really use fire spells while tanking though, because the coag and -dodge is pretty vital to making the lock requirements and soaking damage. You're probably right that with Dpig, the best gear setup would be utilizing air/earth, especially considering some of the Saharash gear.

I knew going into this that I'd end up making sacrifices and not being as good as someone spec'd for just one role, but I'm not comfortable being *just* a lock sacrier as my main character who can't do any DPT to anything, so I looked into doing this. I'm okay with not being the best at either if it means I can do both well enough to make them work.

What differences in elemental spells would you suggest if I went for 10 AP with this kind of setup instead of 9? I actually have 10 (using a Z-blade, but only 9 with the soul eater, will take time to get a toxispike) AP, but rocky foot still seems better than crackrock because of the lower AP cost making it easier to stack, and it works well with Smasher (in that you could exchange one smasher for 2 rocky). Honestly not sure how I'd make use of 10 AP for the earth, but 11 or 12 AP might be a different story.

Thread : Sacrier  Preview message : #716723  Replies : 108  Views : 6376
posté April 16, 2014, 11:03:43 | #11
Surely Ankama would not start piecemeal developing classes 'ultimate' spell and dole them out a few at a time.. Surely Ankama can see how dumb a move that would be. Surely.

Thread : Feedback  Preview message : #716719  Replies : 28  Views : 440
posté April 16, 2014, 03:49:17 | #12

Quote (KHfan22 @ 16 April 2014 03:27) *

Quote (Taku- @ 15 April 2014 23:19) *
The question is poorly phrased and not helpful.

"Do you find excessive dungeon runs exciting or not?"

Well if it's excessive, the implication is that you've already done it more than you'd like, therefore everyone should logically say No. Anyone who says yes just doesn't know what the word excessive means.

So maybe try this again, without a clear bias in the way the question is asked.

I know what excessive means thank you very much. Please don't assume all who say yes doesn't know what this word means. In addition, don't assume about people you don't know.

With that said even though I know what excessive means, my vote still stands at yes.

Okay.. well.. let's look at this then, for clarity.

The question: Do you find excessive number of dungeon runs exciting or not?

The definition of excessive: more than is necessary, normal, or desirable; immoderate.

So putting that in: Do you find running dungeons more than is necessary, normal, or desirable as exciting?

If you answer yes, then it was not excessive to you, therefore you didn't answer the question correctly. You're answering 'hey, do you like running dungeons a lot'? Well that could be a yes or no. But the adjective excessive used in the question frames the question to lead to one logical answer, because by definition excessive is more than necessary, normal, or desirable. And who would be excited by running dungeons more than is normal/necessary/desired? Nobody, that's who.

Words, man. 

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #716459  Replies : 90  Views : 1408
posté April 16, 2014, 02:47:23 | #13
What problem is that a solution for?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #716425  Replies : 17  Views : 574
posté April 16, 2014, 02:44:52 | #14
There's a fourth option in the dropbox which is blank, click on the blank one at the bottom and it will show the new avatars.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #716419  Replies : 59  Views : 1056
posté April 16, 2014, 02:44:03 | #15
WTB The Cap Can pay kamas or trade for it. IGN 'Lord of Blood' or ankabox me.

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #716415  Replies : 0  Views : 33
posté April 15, 2014, 23:19:14 | #16
The question is poorly phrased and not helpful.

"Do you find excessive dungeon runs exciting or not?"

Well if it's excessive, the implication is that you've already done it more than you'd like, therefore everyone should logically say No. Anyone who says yes just doesn't know what the word excessive means.

So maybe try this again, without a clear bias in the way the question is asked.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #716307  Replies : 90  Views : 1408
posté April 15, 2014, 02:27:13 | #17
No problem and yeah, it's kind of a detailed thing I'm asking about. Take your time!

Edit: I should note that the reason for some of the DPS gear choices (like turq tutu and tormented boots, and The cap) are because while they might not be the absolute BiS for my DPS, they can serve as an item slot that works for both the DPS and the lock tank role. The Cap has an excellent amount of lock built in, and Turq tutu and tormented boots (with some runes for lock) can serve as both dps/lock gear, so there's some overlap there. Which I like, and which will help me out versus finding two different pieces for those spots.

This post has been edited by Taku- - April 15, 2014, 04:39:49.
Thread : Sacrier  Preview message : #715905  Replies : 108  Views : 6376
posté April 15, 2014, 01:13:39 | #18

Quote (Taku- @ 11 April 2014 06:38) *

I'm thinking of making a Sacrier than can both lock tank up to DPig, and DPS as fire/earth, by switching gear sets. That this means is that I'll for-sure stat 100 lock, and (probably) +1 Ap, with a for-sure on +1 MP so far. As for the rest, I'm not sure whether I should bother investing in block (to help tank) or invest in fire/earth (for damage).

With an assumption of 730 points (I think that's the max now, might be like 732?), -200 Lock, -100 MP, -150 AP (iffy on this), that leaves me with 280 points. it costs 225 to max block, or I could use it to put 70 into str/int for damage dealing. I'm uncertain how crucial block is, if there's a nice middle ground you think might be best, or.. what.

For the AP, I think I really only need 9 AP for lock tanking (allowing x3 Rocky Foot, or Rocky Foot + Smasher if I don't need the -dodge), and I can get that without statting it.. though it might take me a while to get one of the +AP lock one-handers, it's possible. And to be honest, I think 9 AP even as fire/earth is fine, it allows BF + Punish + BR and such, and kind of seems ideal unless I can hit 11 or 12 AP.. which I probably can't do for a long time.

To that end, I'm also thinking of something with Spell level distribution like:

Fire: 145/48/74/48/145 (with +2 fire spell levels)
Air: 9/85/9/59/9 (with +1 air spell levels)
Earth: 145/45/45/45/145 (with +2 Earth spell levels)

For 114% fire, 111% Earth, 50% air. I'm wondering if this seems optimized or crap to you, in that I'm trying to maximize fire and earth dmg/res, and get 50% air while having maximum range on Sacrier's fist (it's good to use sometimes for movement). Anything you'd change here? How would you go about this? I know you're more PvP-centric and this is a lot more of a PvE character setup, but figured I'd ask. I know I will have to make some sacrifices by trying to be versatile, but I think (with enough gear to allow it), it seems possible and really fun to be able to do both.

Any thoughts on this so far, Yesway?

My DPS build is planned to be This

My Tank build is planned to be This

And just switching out the gear listed to switch roles.

Thread : Sacrier  Preview message : #715893  Replies : 108  Views : 6376
posté April 15, 2014, 00:21:48 | #19
I've seen a sacrier absorb the hit but it was sidestab, not a backstab hit. Still, should be easily possible considering the HP totals sacriers have.

Thread : Sacrier  Preview message : #715881  Replies : 3  Views : 104