Member Since : 2009-02-16
127 Posts (0.08 per day)
Most active in : Log Book
November 28, 2011, 15:23:56 |
Server Maintenance - 28.11.2011 2pm GMT
The servers will be down for maintenance starting at 2PM GMT today, and will be back after two hours if all goes well.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.
October 27, 2011, 18:38:26 |
WAKFU MMORPG: Trailer and release date!
Nice and fresh, here comes the official release date for the WAKFU MMORPG! And because good things always come in pairs, here is a brand new trailer to reveal it!
You used to dream about it… WAKFU’s release date is finally revealed! Get ready for its lovely landscapes, its fearsome battles and its ubiquitous humor… But enough talk, you can now discover the new WAKFU trailer on Eurogamer !
October 27, 2011, 16:25:04 |
The Curse of Al Howin
Every year, as Halloween’s Day draws closer, the inhabitants of the World of Twelve fear the worst. But have you ever wondered why this period scares everyone so much?
In days gone by, during the DOFUS Era, the passage from Octolliard to Novamaire was blighted by a strange curse every year…
Legend has it that a Pumpkwin farmer named Al Howin was banished from Amakna for trickery and casting forbidden spells. The Bwork became so bitter and angry that he decided to return every year to sow discord in Amakna by bewitching Gobballs and Tofus.
We don’t know whether or not the Bwork survived Ogrest’s Chaos and is still eager to take his revenge, or if maybe some practical jokers are planning to pick up where he left off, but, in the Wakfu era, the World of Twelve is feeling more than a little uneasy as Octolliard 31st approaches.
Adventurers, beware! Who knows what horrors await you this year…?
October 27, 2011, 10:53:48 |
"Sandy Shield & Sunny Snapper"
Today in WAKFU, play as the Feca while exploring the beautiful white sand beaches of Sufokia! And during your stay, why not enjoy the local amenities and browse the auction houses filled to the brim with all manner of objects for sale. But if bright colors are too fishy for your taste, dare instead to start a new profession in Brakmar's Pabong Fields?
- All Characteristic and Ability Points have been reset.
- The “Initiative” Characteristic now costs 2 points to gain +1 Initiative.
- Disciples of the Goddess Feca have made their debut! Please see the Dev Blog for more information.
- Thunderbolt: Level of “Scalded” state now evolves according to the spell level.
- Judgment: Chance of dealing “Blind” state has been reduced (normal and critical).
- Super Iop Punch: Damage has been decreased; chance of dealing the “Explosion” state has been reduced.
- Celestial Sword: Damage has been increased.
- Iop’s Wrath: Chance of dealing “Explosion” state has been decreased for Critical Hits.
- Rocknoceros: Chance of dealing “Stunned” state has been decreased for Critical Hits.
- Impact: Action Point cost has been decreased; chance of dealing the “Bounded” state for both normal and critical damage has been reduced.
- Charge: Damage has been decreased; chance of dealing the “Stunned” state for both normal and critical damage has been reduced; spell has been limited to one use per target, per turn.
- Devastate: Chance of dealing the “Bounded” state has been decreased for Critical Hits.
- Defensive Stance: Action Point cost has been decreased.
- Authority: “Preparation” state is applied instead of “Power” state; spell no longer triggers if target is facing the opponent.
- Expert Locker: “Preparation” state is applied instead of “Power” state.
- Blazing Arrow: Chance of dealing the “Burning” state has been decreased for Critical Hits.
- Blinding Arrow: Chance of dealing the “Blindness” state has been decreased for Critical Hits
- Burning Arrow: Chance of dealing the “Burning” state has been decreased for Critical Hits.
- Explosive Arrow: Chance of dealing the “Explosion” state has been decreased for Critical Hits.
- Arrow blow: “Bounded” state is now applied.
- Homing Arrow: “Aerial” state is now applied (+10% damage on the next Air attack).
- Windy Beacon: Modified effect– now pushes only one cell.
- Storm Arrow: Chance of dealing the “Tornado” state has been decreased for Critical Hits.
- Disturbing Arrow: “Disturbed” state now increases final damage by 20%.
- Powerful Shooting: Description corrected.
- Healing Word: Healing decreased.
- Revitalizing Word: Range increased.
- Renewing Word: “Aquaheal” state is now applied (increases the next heal by 10%).
- Fortifying Word: Limited to one use per turn.
- Psykosis Flask: Movement Point cost reduced; spell limited to one use per target, per turn.
- Fear flask: Damage increased.
- Infected Flask: “Gangrene” state damage has been reduced.
- Traid Mark: Cannot be used on a Sadida doll.
- Crackrock Blow: Damage has been decreased.
- Lethal Slingshot: Damage has been decreased; properly considers orientation of the target.
- Colonnades: Action Point cost has been increased.
- Smasher: Damage has been decreased.
- Tattracting Fist: “Awkward” state is now applied; “Awkward” state level change.
- Death Sentence: Limited to one use per turn.
- Motion Sickness: Applies loss of 5 Air Damage per cell traveled across.
- Rocky Foot: “Awkward” state level change.
- Rust: Damage has been increased.
- Wooland Stench: Range has been increased.
- Gust Action Point cost has been decreased.
- Doll: Action Point cost has been increased; doll Health Points has been increased.
- Doll Sacrifice: Doll Health Point absorption percentage has been decreased.
- Sic’Em More: Action Point cost has been decreased; Wakfu Point cost has been decreased; “Nettled” state has been removed; range has been increased.
- Explodoll: Damage has been decreased.
- Doll Sacrifice: Damage has been increased.
- Karchamrak: Cannot use on an Ecaflip while “Cat Tree” is active; carrying or placing a barrel no longer affects a Rogue’s “Rogue’s Image”.
- Blisskrieg: Description has been revised to help understanding the spell.
- Eniripsa spells do not fill up the barrel anymore
- Merry Pandawa bonuses are now correctly lost when losing Merriment
- Rogue Image: Cannot be used while under the Pandawa’s “Carrying” state; no longer affected by placement of a Pandawa’s barrel.
- Bomb X: Description text has been added.
- Tornabomb: Description text has been added.
- Burning Bomb: Description text has been added.
- Exploding bombs now consider damage bonuses.
- A system message for all the players has been added upon on a bomb turn losses.
- The Rogue’s Image spell area has been modified in order to be clearer.
- The class tooltip has been added.
- Health Points for the “Black Bow Meow” now evolve in parallel with the Health Points of its summoner.
- Double or Quits: Can only be used 3 times per turn.
- Feline Leap: Cannot be used while under the Pandawa’s “Carrying” state.
- Laceration: Cannot be used while under the Pandawa’s “Carrying” state.
- Hunter: Cannot be used while under the Pandawa’s “Carrying” state.
- The Cat Tree spell stabilizes the Ecaflip and prevents teleportation. Feline Leap cannot be used anymore from Cat Tree
- Coney Mark or Rebirth Mark cannot be used anymore on an Ecaflip with the Ecaflip Paw state. When the Ecaflip gains the Ecaflip Paw, both marks are lost.
- Rollback : Does not give back Wakfu Points.
- Hand: Initiative loss now evolves in parallel to the level of the spell.
- Line of Fire: Initiative loss now evolves in parallel to the level of the spell.
- Temporal Dust: Initiative loss now evolves in parallel to the level of the spell.
- The nation of Sufokia appears! Complete with Snappers, blissful white sand beaches, and most of all: mystery! Start today and make this new nation prosper.
- Only the first phase has been implemented for testing – the accessible area extends from its village (starting zone) to its three bridges, including the wild zone and the Dune of Kane. Further areas will be made available for testing in future content updates.
- A Dev Blog can be found with additional information pertaining this country.
- Pabong Fields is now accessible to adventurers, where Clan member Ely Sianfields will teach the Farmer profession.
- The Headquarters has been graphically enhanced.
- A Field Plant mini-dungeon has appeared in Amakna.
- A Scaraleaf mini-dungeon has appeared in Brakmar.
- A Snapper mini-dungeon has appeared in Sufokia.
- The second phase of Bonta’s Blibli Dungeon has been removed.
- The “Mad Rush” dungeon waves now loop correctly.
- Baddoboss has been given dialog in the last room of the Riktus Hideout.
- It is no longer possible to access the last room of the Three Pistes’s Dungeon without first defeating the two previous ones beforehand.
- XP distribution formula has been revised:
- Creatures will always issue XP, regardless of level difference between creature and aggressor.
- If creature level is less than that of the aggressor, XP gain remains the same.
- If creature level is superior to that of the aggressor, XP gains are slightly larger.
- Party size bonus has been decreased.
- Leveling curve has been adjusted.
- The “Awkward” state is constitutes -1 Dodge per level instead of -5 Dodge per level.
- “Awkward” state level change has been applied to following spells: Rocky Foot (Sacrier), Tattracting Fist (Sacrier), Shield Blow (Badgoat), Larvaglue (Larvas), and Clawburst (Cap’n Crablock).
- Tackle and Dodge limits are now 5/95% instead of 10/90%.
Creatures, Ecosystems and Clan Members
- Due to some technical changes, all the Clan Members will be reset: Conquerable Islands CMs are now neutral, current challenges, species protection, climate bonuses, etc.
- Flesh Breath and Sarko-Phagus are back to their original bridges.
- New creature families are populating Sufokia:
- The Toad family has been revised.
- The Royal Gobball correctly appears in Mourning Wood.
- The Tombola Stone groups have been reduced.
- Wild Gobballs linked to the Wild Estates correctly appear in the nation that has conquered the Gobbsage.
- Polters no longer curse already afflicted targets.
- Placement distribution has been revised for the the following creatures: Toads, Boos, Moskitos, Treechnids, Arachnees, Whirligigs, Crobaks, and Riktus.
- Riktus Bandit group spawning is now random and respawn timer has been extended.
- Sylvester the Poopeteer (Hoodlum) now activates seeds correctly.
- Players can now stomp the Gobball and Crozoli seeds in the Crozoli Meaddows
- Apple trees have replaced Api trees in Kara, Bonta.
- Birch now grows next to Weeping Willows in Cania Swamps, Bonta.
- It is now impossible to import Thistles into Morporg’s territory, Brakmar.
- Ecosystems will be reset due to the above changes and balancing.
- All equipment pieces have had their stats evaluated and adjusted accordingly.
- All crafted equipment pieces will now follow the following rules:
- From level 0 to 15, the item has only one characteristic stat.
- From level 16 to 50, the item has 3 different characteristic stats.
- Above level 51, the item has 5 different characteristic stats.
- Several equipment pieces have not yet been included in this ruleset.
- Obtaining a particular stat on a crafted equipment piece is random and is not linked to the profession level.
- Certain modified equipment pieces may have resulted in deletion from player inventories.
- Burp emote’s secret recipe has been modified.
- Canoon Powder recipe is available and drops correctly on all creatures.
- Bombs and Megabombs now have a clearer description about their use.
- Market Places are now outfitted with brand new Auction Houses, a fine amenity which holds all manner of items and equipment pieces which have been put up for sale by their respective owners.
- This new method of selling allows you to barter your items without stopping normal gameplay. It is therefore a sublime alternative to selling through the Haven Bag (which is still made possible).
- Allowing up to 10 items to be deposited at a time, an Auction House will charge a tax (based off the government’s set rate) in order to sell your item for a period of either 24 to 72 hours.
- Buyers will be able to collect purchased items directly from the Auction House.
- Each continent will have 3 Auction Houses (one per Merchant Bridge) that are interlinked to each other.
- Example: You can deposit an item at Swords Crossing and the same item can be bought at Crusty Road.
- Once an item is sold, or if the sale duration expires, you will be invited to visit an Auction Houses in order to collect your Kamas and/or unsold item.
- This new economy system replaces the function of the chalkboard for Haven Bag advertisement.
- Achievements have been reset due to the new updates made.
- Professions: 19 new achievements
- World: new achievements related to the new territories of Brakmar and Sufokia.
- New type of achievements: Events, in which seasonal achievements will be available.
- The following achievements have been modified to remove the unachievable objectives: Pokemob Plants, Pokemob Bliblis, Pokemob Tofus, Pokemob Gobballs, Bonta Bonta Pon!, Trou-trou, Craft Star (Bonta), Trackmakna, Alibert Odyssey, Begginers’ Aone.
- The achievement “Smiled to Life” has been fixed and can now be completed.
- Sound effects have been added for: Rogue, Boonbot, Sadida Totem, Crab Family, Snapper Family, Albatrocious, Sufokia Clan Members, and Brakmar’s Clan Member Ely Sianfields.
- Addition of musical and atmospheric sound effects for Sufokia’s zones, Pabong Fields, Brakmar’s Wild Zone, Brakmastrub and Sufokiastrub.
- Sound effects added to Stoodeep Mine animations.
- Sound effects added to the Wild Gobballs’s charge.
- Bug fix of the “Draw water” animation.
- Atmospheric sound fix of the Under Mine.
- Shushu sounds in the Shustuft Crust dungeon should now play as intended.
- A new User Interface screen asks the players to select a nickname if their Ankama account does not yet have one assigned.
- Several help notices have been added to Incarnam to assist new players.
- Explanatory posters were added to the entrance of the Stoodeep Mines.
- Bonta, Brakmar and Sufokia buildings have names like those in Amakna.
- Adding a contact to the Friend List or Ignore List now offers to delete the contact from the other list if present.
- Titles displayed in a characters’ info-bubble now correctly takes into account the sex of the belonging character, and not the sex of the character reading the info-bubble.
- Passport info-bubbles are now working properly.
- Fixed “Private property” law.
- Removed “Charity” law .
- The particle effect bug within the Drheller dungeon has been corrected.
- Occurrences of inappropriately enlarged weapons should no longer take place.
- A client technical issue resulting in freezing/shaking of the screen have been resolved.
- The platform along the counter of the Astrub tavern has been emptied of its tables and stools due to the lack of space. A pump was added to the central platform instead.
October 20, 2011, 16:22:37 |
A new gameplay for the Feca
The highly anticipated Feca will appear in WAKFU upon the next content update! Discover within this Dev Blog the specifics of the Feca’s protective shields and glyphs, which promise to please strategy and versatility fans alike.
Worthy representatives of the Goddess of Protection herself, Feca disciples are masters in the art of armor and Glyphs. While far from being the most powerful fighting class, they are nonetheless prized allies and a considerable pillar to their companions.
Each Feca Elemental Spell has three different effects which are dependent on their target – a neutral Glyph, an ally, or an enemy equipped with neutral-laced armor.
The Feca must first have placed a neutral Glyph on the ground using his specialty spell. Once the Glyph is placed, it retrieves charges and can be destroyed but does not possess any effect, block any line of sight, or induce any movement.
Once a Glyph is activated through the use of an Elemental Spell, it begins to function and an Area of Effect appears. The Glyph’s Area of Effect depends on the spell used to activate it.
A Glyph has three charges by default and will lose one for each sustained attack, meaning that, for each attack carried out on a Glyph-embedded cell, even if a player is located on that same cell, a charge will be lost. And if the Glyph’s charges fully deplete, the mark will vanish. Of course, the quantity of available simultaneous Glyphs is subject to the Feca’s level of ability.
The Feca armor system is similar to Glyphs, however, instead of being placed onto a cell, it is instead implanted onto an entity.
To utilize this feature, the Feca must first mark a fighter, whether ally or enemy, through the use of the Specialty Spell. This neutral armor will not have any effect until it has been transformed by an Elemental Spell from one of the Feca’s three Elemental branches. Note that an Elemental Spell cast on a target marked by neutral armor does not inflict damage. The armor stays applied to a fighter as long as they are carrying plates.
The armor loses one of these plates each round and, in addition, each time damage is taken.
Furthermore, armor is not cumulative on the same character and the number of plates is subject to the level of ability.
The Water branch focuses primarily on support. It offers all kinds of resistance; either direct damage, Action Point loss, or even Movement Point loss.
- Drip: Basically, Drip inflicts simple Water damage. This spell can also increase the resistance of an armor equipped target or, potentially, of multiple targets if cast directly on a Glyph.
- Steam: The Feca commands the Water element to inflict damage! Cast on an armor equipped target, this spell regenerates. Cast on a Glyph, it increases the lock of the targets that are positioned at the Glyph.
- Bubble: Easy to cast, Bubble inflicts Water damage. On an armor equipped target, this spell gives a chance to recover 1 AP upon every attack received! Cast on a Glyph, it will increase Initiative.
- Avalanche: Inflicts heavy area damage! Cast on an armor equipped target, this spell reduces the chances of losing AP and MP. Cast on a Glyph, it gives AP to the targets that are positioned at the Glyph.
- Crashing Wave: This spell inflicts damage, unless cast on a target’s armor, in which case it increases its resistance to States. Cast on a Glyph, it increases Critical Hits to the targets positioned at the Glyph.
As they say, a great defense can often be a great offense, and the Fire branch is the offensive branch of the Feca. Additionally, armor is the ideal tool to throw at foes in order to interrupt them in combat, and the Glyphs call upon natural forces to harm the opponent.
- Natural Attack: Inflicts direct damage or allows a Glyph to inflict Fire damage on the targets positioned at the Glyph. Cast on an armor equipped target, it decreases its resistances.
- Meteorite Shower: Dreadful, this spell inflicts damage or activates a Glyph which will make meteors fall on the targets positioned on it. Cast on an armor equipped target, it will inflict damage on the target at the start of each turn.
- Flaming Carpet: The Feca inflicts Fire damage or places an armor set which will inflict damage at each spell cast. If the target is a Glyph, it will allow it to inflict damage and to be able to apply the Blind state.
- Fecastopheles: The Feca inflicts damage or places a Glyph that injures targets positioned at the Glyph. An armor equipped target will be weakened at each inflicted blow.
- Volcano: Inflicts Fire damage, or activates a Glyph that will injure targets positioned at the Glyph. On an armor equipped target, it causes a loss of Health Points based on remaining AP and MP.
The Earth Branch mixes both defense and offense philosophies, and is oriented towards countering attacks. This way, the Feca armor only reacts in the event of an attack upon its carrier.
- Fecablades: Essentially, this spells inflicts Earth damage. Cast on an armor equipped target, it does damage each time the wearer is attacked. It also allows the activation of a Glyph that partially rebounds damage suffered by allies.
- Fecammer: Inflicts heavy damage! This spell can activate an armor which rebounds damage from melee attacks. It also allows you to activate a Glyph that increases allies’ resistance.
- Fecabo: Inflicts heavy damage! Cast on an armor equipped target, it will rebound damage from long-range attacks. It also allows the activation of a Glyph that will prevent allies from being pushed or pulled.
- Wisdom Staff: Inflicts considerable Earth-type damage. It also allows the activation of a Glyph which grants allies 1 MP.
- Defensive Orb: The Feca inflicts Earth damage. Cast on an armor equipped target, it does damage to enemies and also causes a loss of AP or MP to the wearer. It also allows the activation of a Glyph that increases allies’ resistance to states.
- Glyph or Armor: Cast on a target, this spell enables the Feca to equip it with neutral armor. Cast on the ground, it places a neutral Glyph. Both of them have to be activated with an Elemental Spell to perform.
- Rainbow Peace Armor: This spell protects the Feca by decreasing inflicted damage. Upon withdrawal, the Feca receives any damage that should have been received, but not reduced. Only works on an armor equipped Feca.
- Teleportation: Allows the Feca to teleport to a Glyph previously activated by an Elemental Spell on the ground.
- Deglyphment: The Feca can withdraw one of its Glyphs activated by a ground Elemental Spell. The Glyph applies the Explosive Glyph effect and inflicts damage.
- Pacification: The Feca reverses its resistance and damage percentages to increase its striking power.
- Spell Rebound: The Feca is able to reflect a portion of damage received back to its aggressors.
- Feca Master: The Glyphs and armor of the Feca become more resistant by respectively having more charges and plates. Master Feca also allows the Feca to increase its Mechanics.
- Explosive Glyph: The Glyphs explode when destroyed, inflicting damage based on the charges left. Glyphs automatically lose a charge each turn and when they are attacked.
- Ironclad: Increases the natural armor of the Feca, making it more resistant to all attacks.
- Intimidation Aura: The Feca makes itself intimidating, which can reduce the resistance of its enemies when they enter the Feca’s Lock Zone.
October 13, 2011, 15:52:51 |
WAKFU the MMORPG: Sufokia emerges!
In the next update of WAKFU the MMORPG, a new nation will appear: The paradise nation but also very mysterious Sufokia! Grab your swimsuit, your shovel and bucket, and catch a glimpse of the archipelago!
Sufokia, the most paradise oriented of all Nations. If at least, there were no beach monsters that comes to tickle the tourists.
Between Albatrocious, mean and nasty bird of misfortune, and Zordfish, which tries to skewer you, not to mention Bernardo del Reya who wants to soften you with his simple minded appearance; relaxation on the beaches of Sufokia is not so easy to find.
But fortunately, the Clan Members are on the watch! Jonk Ussack is responsible for welcoming newcomers to the Village of Sufokia, Malosinus controls the Way of the Powder; and Billon Stroud manages The Dune of Kane. Together, they form a real crew, ready to greet you!
From the sandy beaches, to the mysterious ruins and passing through fearsome sea monsters, Sufokia is adventure with a capital A, discover it in the next patch of WAKFU the MMORPG!
September 20, 2011, 19:07:59 |
WAKFU's new class: The Rogue !
If Brakmar rhymes with scam (believe us, it does…), it’s for a very simple reason: it’s a Rogue hideout! Black bandanas, skulls and a gangster’s look: These bomb experts let black powder do the talking, and will set foot in the WAKFU MMORPG with the September 21st update!
In addition to the Pandawas, the Rogues will also be part of the September 21st update. As the Bomb-psychos they are, their weapon of choice is of course an explosive device. Whether it’s a Water Bomb, a Grenado or an Explobomb, the detonator is always close by...
But they also are true gunslingers, able to keep the enemy at bay with ranged attacks using their Cross, Tommy or Napalm shots!
Trained to survive in any situation, in the most extreme cases, they won’t hesitate to blow… their cover, and run away.
September 16, 2011, 18:15:06 |
Version 0.308 Hits 9/21
A brand new adventure is about to arrive in WAKFU’s World of Twelve! Here is just a taste of the upcoming content that’ll be made available on September 21st – just a few short days away!
Ah, the nefarious Brakmar. A nation with a heart of molten metal and a brain of rich iron ores. Oh, and you can’t forget about the whiffs of sulfur that overwhelm the senses and stalk you anywhere on the continent. But alas, what really makes a place a home is of course the inhabitants: Clan Members who each are a little more unhinged than the last (and quite possibly competing for the title of who holds the most bats in the belfry).
From the famous Morporg, well known Gobowll All-star who only lives for the glory of the stadium, to Viscera, a genius alchemist who utilize his talents to concoct quite questionable potions with very suspicious properties, and ending with a passing glance at Phullup, the old and wise Sadida who meditates over the true value of life (hint: Kama makes the Twelve-go-‘Round), the island of Brakmar is definitely a territory of miscreants!
And as if you couldn’t catch a break, the local wildlife is also to be watched: the Striches, scrawny birds capable of laying eggs as oversized as themselves in addition to the Scaraleaves, giant beetles, rather unappetizing we might add, are but only a few examples of the creatures that you may encounter roaming the back lava of Brakmar since Ogrest’s Chaos.
So to summarize on a good note, beginning September 21st, find yourself taking a nice leisurely trample through the Volcanic Beach, scrape elbows with new beasties while filling pockets with Kamas by putting all your principles and ethics deep down your Haven Bag; a new life awaits at the legendary new nation of Brakmar! Break a leg (not your own)!
August 26, 2011, 16:46:06 |
A new gameplay for the Pandawa
A two-coloured fur? Check. Muscular arms? Check. Addiction to root beer? Check. Everything is ready for the arrival of The Pandawa disciples in the World of Twelve.
Let’s discover the gameplay of those drinking masters!
Drinking and fighting!
The Main concept about the Pandawa class is that the Pandawa should never get out of his house without a full barrel of Root beer at his side.
The barrel is very important for the Pandawa as it represent his principal source of Root Beer that will enable him to level up his levels of Exhilaration and at the same time to increase his power and unlock additional effects for his spells. In the drunkenness status the Pandawa is depending on the barrel to use its benefit meaning the Pandawa must stay near the barrel to be able to stay in the drunkenness status.
In the Pandawa is not next to their barrel or carrying it, they will lose the exhilaration state and switch to the Depressed state which will be of the same level as the lost exhilaration one.
Technically the barrel itself is a container which can hold a certain amount of Root beer but can also be used as a weapon (example be using it as a flame-thrower or to knock out an enemy) but as all containers has a limited capacity.
Most of the spells using the contents of the barrel will decrease its health. Once destroyed, the players will have to summon another one, sent by the Pandawa Goddess.
The Fire branch is based on area and distance damage.
Pandawa Burp: The Pandawa feels a rumbling within and blows a putrid burp out at his enemies! If the targets are Dizzy, they'll lose this state and take on Burning instead.
Light My Fire: The Pandawa uses his barrel as a flamethrower which does long-distance damage.
General Round: The Pandawa fires a flame towards a target, who suffers Fire Damage. If the target is Dizzy and another Dizzy fighter is next to it, this fighter will also catch fire and potentially pass it onto another Dizzy target in the same way.
Explosive Flask: The Pandawa chucks a flask filled from his barrel and it explodes, inflicting damage within its wide area of effect. The damage is 25% higher on Dizzy targets.
Bengal Bamboo: The Pandawa snaps a Bengal bamboo stem and throws it at a target, which catches fire. Small sprays of fire then burst out in a rectangle around the target, doing minor damage. If a Dizzy target is touched by one of these sprays, the spell's effect will repeat and sparks will fly outwards in a rectangle from this cell too, potentially hitting a dizzy target… and so on.
The Earth branch is based around melee combat and the drunken Panda techniques.
Triple Whammy: Three palm strikes are administered as the Pandawa moves forward, pushing the target back little by little. The more dizzy targets there are around the Pandawa, the more damage he'll do.
Bash Barrel: The Pandawa uses its barrel to injure enemies standing next to it. Bash Barrel makes targets Dizzy.
Fizzticuffs: The Pandawa jumps over his barrel and hits out at the three cells forming a triangle around it.
Pandawhack: The Pandawa hits his target as many times as he has levels of Exhilaration, applying the Dizzy state as he does so.
Blisskrieg: The happy Pandawa uses his barrel like a steam-roller to crush the enemy’s defence. The spell will affect the enemy in front of him and any found in the line behind him. The more Dizzy targets there are around him, the higher the damage done will be.
The Water branch is based around support.
Lowlife: The panda won't let anyone else be the life and soul of the party, so he removes a little of his opponent's vital energy, leaving it Dizzy.
Fizzy Spray: A fizzy root beer spray spurts out of the panda's barrel, doing damage to enemies. It also lovers the resistances of Dizzy enemies and allies will enter the Psychic Link state.
Bubble Trouble: Waves of froth bubble over. If the targets are dizzy, they'll slip on the froth and be pushed back.
Tsunami: Waves of root beer flood out of the barrel and damage nearby targets as the same time as lowering their resistances. If the targets were Dizzy, they will lose twice as much resistance.
Fountain of Youth: The Pandawa's bamboo milk starts flowing freely, and allies standing nearby feel their life increase, along with their lock! Everyone's getting dizzy! Drink up!
Summoning of Barrel: Summons a barrel used by the Pandawa to quench their thirst and therefore increases their level of Exhilaration.
Karmchamrak: The fusion of Karcham and Chamrak! Used for throwing or carrying a target. A carried target cannot be targeted.
Ether: Applies Ethereal state to the target.
- Level 1: The target doesn’t block the line of sight anymore.
- Level 2: The target doesn’t block the line of sight anymore and cannot be carried or teleported.
- Level 3: The target doesn’t block the line of sight anymore and cannot be carried, teleported, pushed or pulled.
Barreleport: Teleports the Pandawa to a cell next to the barrel (within the spell range).
Bamboozle: Sprays an area with Bamboo milk: the allies will get a boost, but the enemies will be caught off guard. They'll all leave feeling Dizzy anyway.
Aqua Splash: At the end of each turn the Pandawa's barrel enters the Cawwot Juice state. It gives a certain number of HP back to the first allied target who hits the barrel at the start of the turn.
Master of Merriment: Gives bonuses depending of the Pandawa’s exhilaration level.
Bottomless Barrel: The Pandawa Goddess increases the capacity of the barrel.
Closing Time: When the barrel reaches zero health points, it explodes and hits targets around.
Sherpa: The Pandawa becomes a master of the art of carrying.
August 17, 2011, 14:22:05 |
Patch 0.307: Woodz N the Hoodz
A new territory to explore, strange men in capes, two new islands of power and mystery…
Discover now all the other surprises offered by the Version 0.307: Woodz N the Hoodz!
- Two new islands have appeared. A Wakfu island, and a Stasis island, accessible according to the character’s alignment. These islands are neutral as regards to the government and give access to bonuses and exclusive craft machines.
- For further details please check the Devblog article.
- The Hoodlums invade all islands of the World of Twelve. Unpredictable opponents, they offer exclusive equipment to those who are able to defeat them. For further details, please check the Devblog article.
- The Sadida Kingdom is now available in Bonta. In Emelka, citizens have to work together to open the zone and discover its content.
- There, you will find the Boowolf Family, the Polters and the Ancestral Pines, and you will have the honor of meeting the charming Queen Sheran Sharm.
- Addition of the titles: Stylist of the Year 967, Stylist of the Year 968, Fashion Victim, Sweet Talker and Landscaper of the Year 968, which will be given to the winners of previously held contests.
- Specialities of all existing classes have been revised. Any attributed Specialty and Ability points will, therefore, be returned to all existing characters. All classes now have 5 active and 5 passive specialties. The passive ones evolve over 20 levels, the active ones over 10. As a result, the costs and effects of all class specialties have been revised to correspond with this new calibration.
- Active specialties modified:
- Disengage: allows the Cra to escape from a tackle zone by pushing back its target and jumping backwards. This spell also gives them one extra MP.
- Bat's Eye: this spell allows the Cra to reduce their enemy’s range and increase their critical failure rate.
- Disturbing arrow: the Cra fires a blunted arrow that doesn’t cause any damage but decreases the target’s resistance (via Disturbed state).
- Passive specialties modified:
- The spells “Precision” and “On your guard” have been removed.
- Mechanism: the Cra improves his knowledge of beacons. He can set more beacons at the same time, and the beacons are more resistent.
- Improved vision: allows the Cra to increase the range of his spells and his chance of inflicting a critical hit.
- Surprise arrow: A Cra’s arrows are more powerful if none of his enemies can see him at the beginning of his turn.
- Powerful Shooting: the Cra inflicts greater damage when he is not in contact with any enemies.
- The piercing arrow now rebounds on multi-cell monsters.
- The signs on the cells where the Cra’s Disengage spell can be cast have been made clearer.
- Active specialties modified:
- The “Meowtbreak” spell has been removed.
- “Double or quits”: the Ecaflip plays all or nothing! Either he doubles the last Earth damage he did, or he heals his target. He can try again as long as he’s inflicted damage.
- Feline Leap: the Ecaflip uses his feline talents: he jumps on a nearby cell and moves more easily. He is thus better prepared for the attack and wins an Air damage bonus.
- Black Bow Meow: the Ecaflip calls his feline friends for help. He summons a stubborn Black Bow Meow which will attack both enemies and allies.
- Rabies: have you ever seen an rabid Bow Meow? The cost of the Ecaflip’s Air spells is reduced by 1 AP and his Air damage is increased.
- Cat Tree: The Eca plays at Bow Meow and mouse! He’s got a 50/50 chance of dodging the attacks and healing himself, or doubling the damage he is about to suffer.
- Passive specialties modified:
- The “Sixth sense” spell has been removed.
- Critical hits control: better than a Wabbit’s paw, the Ecaflip sends up a few prayers to his god and his luck improves.
- Flealine Army: the Ecaflip’s fleas are perfectly trained; they steal more HP and can be applied with Earth and Air spells.
- The spells “Fleahopper”, “Fleabag” and “Fleeches” now steal health points instead of inflicting damage.
- Active specialties modified:
- Transcendance: the Eniripsa manages to “dephase”, which allows him to avoid being the target of a spell. He is also healed and benefits from a healing bonus for the rest of the turn.
- Regeneration: this spell applies the Regeneration state, which gives life back to its target but disappears if he inflicts or suffers damage.
- Eniraser: the Eniripsa removes all the target’s effects and states, and transfers part of his HP to them.
- Passive specialties modified:
- Absorption: the Eniripsa is able to transform part of the damages he suffers into heals. Any adjacent allies also benefits from this power.
- Massacuring Mark (replaces Explosive Mark): the targeted monster will inflict damage on the enemies around him when he dies and will generate heals for the Eniripsa’s allies.
- Heal Drain: when an ally or enemy is healed by an effect which is not cast by the Eniripsa, the latter receives a percentage of the health points that were given back.
- Coney summon improved.
- Invigorating Word correctly decreases the Sacrier’s Angrrr.
- Active specialties modified:
- Passive specialties modified:
- Show Off: for a Iop, a battle is also a show in which he is the star. He won’t just sit back and let you steal the limelight.
- Active specialties modified:
- The spell Sinistro has been removed
- Passive specialties modified:
- Rollback: the timeline can sometimes curve under the effect of a Xelor’s spell. As a result, any energy spent will be returned to him as if nothing had ever happened.
- Enutrof’s Blessing spell has been improved.
- The majority of Amaknian and Bontarian territories have been divided into several zones. The zone in which seeds are planted now determines the composition and level of any monster groups generated there. This system allows for better progression within the same territory and makes it easier to find groups that are suitable for a player’s level.
- The “Stabilized” state, already present on certain monsters (like the Crobak Chief), is now visible in the States list.
- The following monsters have been rebalanced: King Jellix, the Celestial Gobball, Trunknid and Treechorn.
- Clan Members Keli Liesin and Captain Calamari have gained dodge.
- Corrections and improvements have been made to the Celestial Gobball, Tofu and Tofurby.
Dungeons & challenges
- The Blibli Dungeon has been reopened in Bonta
- The arcade dungeon and government statuses now have specific equipment/poses.
- The zone challenges are now accessible to all foreigners of a neutral or allied nation, as well as to all citizens of the nation owning the territory, regardless of their Clan Member (outlaws included).
- Bonuses from a nation’s Arcade dungeon are applied correctly.
Equipment & Profession
- Around 50 12 new pieces of equipment are now available from the Wakfu/Stasis system.
- Around 80 new pieces of equipment are now available from the Hoodlums.
- The Class Amulet now gives a HP bonus.
- Raziel bonuses are now applied correctly.
- The following sets have been reworked: Small Scaraleaf set, Adventurer set, Three Pistes set, Gobball set, Tofu set, Sumi set, Larva set, Whirligig set, Cloudy set, Arachnee set, Riktus set and Treechnid set.
- The distribution of Wild Plants (Thistle, Ditsy Flower and Clover) has been modified in some zones for a more logical progression and better access to resources.
- Dry pines in Kelba have become harvestable resources. They can now also be found in Thicket of Yurbut in Bonta.
Politics & Citizenship
- 4 new laws have been added to the governor’s panel. They only cost one Law Point to be activated, and concern neutral foreigners in the nation:
- Animal Protection: A neutral foreigner cannot interact with the fauna
- Ecological protection: A neutral foreigner cannot interact with the flora
- Civil protection: A neutral foreigner cannot attack an innocent citizen
- Touristic protection: Citizens cannot attack an innocent foreigner.
- A governor candidate who has not reached the 1000 Citizenship Points required is automatically deleted from the election list: no citizen can vote for him and he cannot be elected.
- If no governor is elected, it is no longer necessary to wait for 2 weeks for a new election. A new election is launched automatically.
- A governor can no longer appoint a Challenger who has less than 100 citizenship points.
- The Disobedience law, which made those who did not respect the Clan Members’ wishes lose Citizenship Points, has been removed.
- The Militancy law (vote for the outgoing Governor) has been downgraded from a major offence to a crime.
- The number of Law points given to the Governor has risen from 35 to 50.
- The Devotion Law now rewards you with 3 Citizenship Points (instead of 1).
- An attack limit is in place for players in the noob zone.
- Diplomatic information is sent correctly when a nation is attributed.
- The “Collaboration” law works correctly.
- The transfer of Kamas between Clan members now works correctly.
- The feedback “You are now considered an outlaw in…” no longer appears for no reason.
- At the end of an election, the new governor now recovers his APS correctly, as well as his coat and crown.
- An Outlaw who is attacked in the territory of an allied nation will no longer be accompanied to the border, but will instead be sent to his own nation’s prison and will have to serve his sentence there (as if he had been attacked on one of his own nation’s territories).
- Bug correction: if a player who has agreed to enter spectator mode during a fight changes his mind and his direction before he reaches a spectator cell, the mode is canceled.
- The “Display characters behind walls” mode (default shortcut T) works on summons again.
- Fighters joining a combat are now visible through walls
- Massive improvements on the battle AI
- A character leaving the battle doesn’t appear in battle pose for the spectator
- Summons no longer benefit from speed bonuses.
- The order of the fighters in the timeline updates correctly if a fighter’s init changes during the placement phase.
- After a transformation, a fighter now returns correctly to his static battle animation.
- Monsters now wait until their speed bonus has been applied before beginning their turn.
- Cases in which players were able to start a battle while standing on the same cell have been rectified.
- Monsters controlled by AI no longer attack allied mechanisms.
- Notification added for a grade change within a guild.
- The button ‘end of turn’ no longer appears when it can’t be used.
- Notifications now appear over the standard interfaces.
- Fighters now have an arrow under their feet that indicates the direction they are facing.
- Feedback added that informs a player who starts an exchange or sends a private message that the person he is speaking to has ignored him.
- Stolen Health Points are now displayed in floating text form.
- A particle system has been added behind the character marker on the world map, in order to make it more visible.
- A delay has been added to the use of keyboard shortcuts in order to avoid unintentional spams.
- The end of challenge notification is no longer shown twice if the player is on the winners’ board, but not number one in the rankings.
- Improvement of group members’ locations on the world map: it is now more precise. The closer two members of a same group are, the more precise their positions will be.
- The information on the fighters’ timeline (AP/MP/WP) is correctly updated.
- In the “No interface” mode (default shortcut: ctl + shift + space), leaving left click is now correctly taken into account. The character does not continue to follow the mouse after the first move.
- Modification of the passport interface: the right page is now dedicated to nation bonuses (Clan Members and Arcade dungeons).
- During the guild creation process, you will now be notified if the chosen name is already in use.
- Notification added when a guild is deleted.
- Discovered secret recipes now correctly appear in the profession interface.
- The politics interface now correctly displays the duration of a mandate (14 days and not 16).
- The Gemlin’s appearance can now be changed more than once without having to close and re-open the interface.
- There is now a new option which allows you to permanently display the life gauge above the fighters. This option is not activated by default.
- Small improvement of the area management interface (available by Clan Members).
- The Status bar (accessible by right clicking on the heart interface) can now be moved.
- Information about equipment’s’ resistance bonus to states has been added for more clarity.
- During a fight, on the character page and timeline, the state description interface opens correctly when right clicking.
- Undesired notifications no longer appear when a player on the ignored list logs on and off .
- The weather effects change correctly when you leave a world.
- Bilbiza pumps are no longer limited to a certain number of uses.
- Chat messages containing banned words are no longer sent to the server. The player receives an error message informing him about it.
- An error message has been added while trying to plant on a field which is not located at the same height as the character. Furthermore, if possible, the character won’t stay on a neighboring cell at a different height but will go to one from which it will be possible to plant.
- The number of HP displayed for a freshly resurrected character is now correctly displayed.
- It is now possible to make the 4 different types of drinks in any tavern.
- The mouse cursor no longer indicates that a decoration that does not belong to you is an interactive element when you hover over it.
- If a player who is crafting accepts an exchange, his craft is cancelled.
- An animated screen now illustrates a character swimming back from a conquerable island.
- The number of Gobballs in the Crozolily Meadow has been increased.
- Inner lights have been reworked in order to be less dazzling at night.
- It is no longer possible to take a Haven Gem merchant from your Haven Bag if this breaks the 4 windows per Gem rule.
- The Haven Bag bug, which prevented the owner from leave his Bag normally and teleported him back to his initial position, has been fixed.
- Sound effects and filters are now available on Mac.
- Complete sound effects are now available for the Sadida Forest, Hoodlums and Boowolf Family.
- Addition of missing sounds:
- Incarnam Zaaps
- Shustuft Crust dungeons’ Shushu
- Improvements of the sounds:
- Gobball’s kiss
- Cra’s storm spell
- Celestial Gobball & Incarnam Celestial Gobball
- Eniripsa’s Coney
- Exploding Sunflower
- Achievements completed
- Entire mixing redone.
- Sounds that were played twice instead of once have been corrected.
- Zaap sounds and APS are no longer played if the player cannot use them.
- MRU: Menu Radial Universe, action panel which can be reached by right clicking an interactive element.
- Feedback: Information sent by the server to the player via chat or graphic element, concerning an event which has just occurred.
August 16, 2011, 15:56:11 |
WAKFU update: August 17 !
Warm and hot, like a Piwibread fresh from the oven, the new WAKFU update will go live tomorrow, and it smells good! To ease your hunger for details about all the new content it will bring, here is a sneak preview of Bonta's new unlockable zone: the Sadida Forest!
At the very edge of Bonta, you will find the Sadida Kingdom, firmly ruled by the gorgeous Queen Sheran Sharm. Follow the trail of the formidable (yet adorable) Boowolves or improve your Lumberjack technique by cutting down some Ancestral Pines! But beware, the forest isn't as quiet as it seems, and tension is growing among the Sadida people...
The update, which will also add Wakfu and Stasis islands and the mysterious Hoodlums, as well as many more surprises, will go live tomorrow at around 5pm (GMT+1), so don't bother logging in at midnight or hitting your F5 key to death while checking the forum...
Until then, enjoy this preview of the new territory the Bontarians will be able to unlock, starting tomorow.
August 11, 2011, 15:54:54 |
Wakfu and Stasis Islands
You’ve probably already been wondering if your dedication to Wakfu or Stasis would be rewarded one day… apart from the change of color of your beloved Gemlin, of course! You might find the answer to your question here!
Two mysterious islands…
It seems that two sanctuaries have recently appeared and they are only accessible to people who devote themselves unconditionally to one of the two ultimate powers, Wakfu and Stasis. Keep an eye on your gauge. Once your Wakfu or Stasis level has reached at least 30%, you will be able to access one of these two mystic regions, which have some surprises in store!
Of course, the laws that govern these peaceful sanctuaries forbid any battles from taking place. You will, therefore, have to prove you are worthy of these celestial islands: All players with the same alignment, regardless of nation, will have to help each other fill the containers and unlock access to the different island zones. Each zone offers various bonuses, like, for instance, an increased rate of harvesting for Stasis Island, or of planting for Wakfu Island.
These islands will also give you the opportunity to discover a little more about the history of WAKFU, through stones that tell the story of Wakfu and Stasis.
Unique new equipment!
But the main advantage of these islands is that they will allow you to craft about 15 unique pieces of equipment, full of the power of Wakfu or Stasis, thanks to special machines, which you unlock step by step. Only those who prove themselves worthy will be able to equip these items. Maybe now you’ll think twice before you plant those resources or kill that Gobball!
July 29, 2011, 16:24:46 |
They’ve been seen both in Amakna and Bonta. Captain Calamari and Keli Liesin also reported seeing them on their respective islands. And it’s said that they are already planning on invading Brakmar… But who the heck are those Hoodlums, who stride across our lands concealing their identity?!
The Hoodlums are a threat for all the adventurers of the World of Twelve, and just like them, they’ve pledged allegiance to one of the Twelve. They can be found in almost every area of the known World, apart from Incarnam and Asturb.
Thanks to their costumes, it is impossible to guess the composition of their group before starting a fight against them, whether regarding their class or their individual level. You’ll only be able to get an idea of the group’s global level.
These humanoid enemies won’t take part of your region’s ecosystem and they are not specific to any nation in particular. They will be ideal targets for players of level 30 to 50.
But once the battle begins, the Hoodlums unveil their true colors! About 40 individuals have already been counted, among which several of each cult, each of them being focused on an archetype of their class.
A fistful of rewards
Attacking a Hoodlum always represents a considerable risk, but one thing is sure, the winners can expect glory and treasures! These battles represent a chance to train against other disciples of the Twelve and allow you to considerably improve and master your fighting and strategic skills.
And that is not to mention all the treasures to discover when looting the corpses! Undoubtedly, there is plenty of stuff you can hide under a cloak! It will notably be possible to discover a new equipment set, adapted to different styles of combat for every class. About this equipment, there are notably new bonuses to discover, such as those that allow artificially increasing the level of your elementary spells and your class’ specialties.
July 27, 2011, 09:41:11 |
All you need to know about politics!
The new Politics webpage for WAKFU MMORPG has been updated. Find out all the information about how to impeach your Governor and take his place!
How to earn citizenship points? Who gets to make the laws? Why do the other nations' members want to see me dead when all I did was harvest some crops? If you are asking yourself that kind of questions, the new Politics webpage is for you!
July 01, 2011, 15:13:33 |
WAKFU : Download the FanKit !
Is your wallpaper screaming "I’m sooo last week!"? When did you last update your profile picture? Do you want to show the world which class you play in the MMORPG? Then the WAKFU official Fan Kit is made for you! Download it for free – it includes everything you need to proudly bear the colours of WAKFU!
The WAKFU FanKit includes:
Artwork, avatars for forums/MSN/Facebook, wallpapers for your computer and mobile phone, class icons, spell icons, character class artwork, the WAKFU logo, Monster artwork, pictos, screenshots, and web design elements !
Download it for free !
June 22, 2011, 16:56:44 |
New patch available for WAKFU ! Balancing of all classes, new laws for governors, new trading features...
Find out now the complete patch note of the 0.306 version of WAKFU.
- Ability and Characteristic points have been split. Your character now gains 5 Ability points and 5 Characteristic points for each level, to be distributed independently.
- All the costs of Ability and Characteristic points have been revised.
- Abilities descriptions have been modified.
- Thus, existing characters will get back their whole Ability points after the patch.
- Modification of cost and reach of « Jump » (line of sight not necessary).
- Modification of 'Virility' criterii (appear in % of HP).
- Ecaflip’s Speed bonus becomes “Rate of Critical Hits +50%”.
- The passive spell “Sixth Sense” merges with “Hands off”.
- New specialty spell: “Croupier”. The Ecaflip receives a tarot card that he can give out to his allies or enemies when he wishes to. When he has given it out, he receives another card. The effect of the distributed card lasts for one turn.
- Increased chances of dropping the “Enutrof Blessing” specialty.
- Increased damages of “Meteor”. The spell is also more painful for a target in “Bound” state.
- Increased damages of “Firedamp explosion” when on a mine.
- Modified costs of “Mass Clumsiness”, “Phorzerker”.
- Sacriers gain now 7 HP per level instead of 6.
- “Attraction Range” modified.
- “Kill” now makes the Angrrr increase.
- “Punishment” now applies a level 4 Angrrr.
- “Rocky foot” gives damages 3% bonus depending on used Angrrr.
- “Burning Blood” now applies a superior “Scalded” state.
- “Crackrock Hit” now gets a 10% chance of applying the “Nasty” state.
- “Sacrifice” applies the “Nasty” state to the caster.
- Increased damages of “Mortal Sling”. The spell also applies the “Incurable” state.
- Modified costs of “Colonnades” and “Mortal Sling”.
- Xélor’s Dial: the hour tile correspond to the current server hour, shines and bring more bonuses.
- Enutrof, Sacrier and Xelor Gostofs’ spells modified, following the changes made on these classes.
- The “Incurable” state now gives 10% resistance to heals and HP gains instead of 1%.
Combined seeds have been removed. For now on, simple seeds will allow to generate a combined group of monsters, depending on species that live in the area.Fish resources obtained by Fishermen have been amended. Evolution is now similar to the ones of other harvest jobs with a unique level associated to each resource.Gobballs are now in Kara Plain (Bonta), pushing Prespics back to the Cania Plains.A new notorious character comes out in Ugly Pageant marshes: Sweeny Toad!
- Two new laws come out in the set that is at the disposal of Amakna and Bonta Governments: offence of Major Opposition and crime of Unique Party. According to the Tyrannical Manual, article 1, it is strictly forbidden to stand or vote for an election against the outgoing Governor.
- The two first Rights actionable by the Governor come out:
- Charity: +10 CP for citizens who put more than 100 kamas in a nation receptacle.
- Militancy: + 3 CP for every citizen who votes for the outgoing Governor.
- Revised international relationships:
- A foreigner on the territory of a neutral nation becomes a law-breaker when he breaks the local laws for the first time (and not when he first acts on the ecosystem anymore).
- A foreigner on the territory of an allied nation gains or loses CP with regard to local laws.
- Every nation role has now got a specific appearance (permanently for Members of the current Government, and distinction between Soldiers and Guardians appearances).
Haven-bag and Commerce
- You haven-bag is now furnished with a Display Shelf (replacing the Small Jumble Window initially available). It will allow vendors to highlight their flagship products. The Display Shelf is a unique item that can’t be destroyed, swapped or crafted. It is used exactly like a window and has three sales slots. Items present in the Display Shelf are also visible in the tooltip when passing over the Haven-bag (cf. screen).
For all the characters created before the 0.306 patch, a display shelf will be available in the gift interface.
- It is possible again to buy a haven-bag content without going into it. The interface of purchase from outside the haven-bag has been updated in order to make the browsing in the present windows easier.
- You can now choose the outside appearance of your haven-bag from the control console.
- Characters, monsters and resources tooltips have been standardized (in particular, addition of level information about resources and of a board icon for every type of resource).
- Notifications of important events (gain of level, nation information…) have been entirely revised in order to not interrupt the game. A right click on the pop-up also allows opening the interface concerned by the notification.
- The Emotes interface was revised in order to receive more elements (in anticipation of future integrations).
- States interface (heart) revised.
- An icon was added in spells descriptions to show if it’s possible to modify its reach.
- The detailed number of planted/harvested/cut resources and revenues joins the Jobs interface (and thus isn’t displayed on the Passport anymore).
- The “See linked up recipes” icon in the Jobs interface is shaded if no recipe exists.
- The shortcut that allows placing an element on the short-cuts bar is now “Alt+click”; no matters if it is for spells, items or emotes.
- Sound effects for the Xelor and the Sacrier.
- Battle onomatopoeia for all classes of characters.
- Mix and improvement on Robbers.
- Atmospheres and music for Gobball Dungeon basements added.
- Atmospheres for the Shustuft Dungeons added.
- Atmospheres in Amakna and Bonta Harbors added.
- The Xenophobia law has been revised: it doesn’t make lose CP anymore during the attack of a neutral foreigner or ally if this one is a law-breaker.
- The tooltip that informs about laws which can apply to an action has been revised. Laws of your own nation are not displayed on it anymore when the player is in a foreign territory.
- Information about applicable laws has been added to the tooltip of resources actions.
- Law-breakers in their own nation are now considered as law-breakers on territories of allied nations as well.
- Untimely feedback about law changes has been removed.
- Wooly keys are dropped properly in Bonta.
- The Hammle Mark (Eniripsa) doesn’t give Steps until the end of the battle anymore, but only until the end of the beneficiary’s next turn.
- “K'mir” stabilizes the target correctly when it is thrown by a doll.
- Xelor can move more easily from an hour square to another for only 1MP.
- Xelor can’t teleport thanks to his Dial if he is in a “Stabilized’ state.
- Xelor can’t teleport thanks to his Dial on the square he already is on.
- Xelor dies correctly when his HP drop to 0.
- Withdrawn/gained Steps by Hammhour (Xelor) can’t be accumulated to infinity.
- Xelor Dial disappears properly without costing any WP if the caster is not located on an hour square.
- “Mass Clumsiness” and “Prime of Life” (Enutrof) have been revised.
- “Seismic Shovel” (Enutrof) applies the “Bound” state on the entire line.
- “Higgledy-piggledy” (Enutrof) steals MPs correctly.
- “Battle Training” (Enutrof) level 4 gives 25% bonus to resistances correctly.
- Mines increase the chances of gain/loss of MP and the drop of Enutrof’s purses.
- Enutrof’s mines are not detectable thanks to the tooltip by other classes anymore.
- “Death refusal” and “Blood Pact” have been revised.
- Bug fix of a persisting APS after a battle (especially for the spells “Prime of Life”, “Stabilization” and “Amplification”).
- Location of some tooltips revised.
- Haven-bags can now be placed side by side in marketplaces (and thus occupy every site available).
- “Guardian” and “Soldier” states revised, which couldn’t deactivate if the badge was taken off.
- Lock system of the haven-bag revised. The lock doesn’t disappear anymore.
- Sounds of several Robbers have been revised.
- Characters’ steps sounds are clearly audible during battles.
Update vocabulary note:
- Rollover: means that the mouse is passing over an element (often interactive).
- Tooltip: information message that displays when you pass your mouse over an element.
- RUM: initials of “Radial Universal Menu” that refers to action menus when you right click on an interactive element.
June 10, 2011, 15:37:39 |
WAKFU at E3!
The WAKFU MMORPG dev team made the trip to Los Angeles to show the game at E3, the famous video video game exhibition.
Take a peak at the firsts pictures of the event!
The presence of WAKFU MMORPG at E3, the international video game exhibition, was well noticed: WAKFU is already in the running for two 'Best of E3' awards!
Here are the firsts pictures of the WAKFU booth!
May 31, 2011, 14:39:51 |
New international server opened!
The new international server “Remington”, dedicated to non-French speaking players, is now available in WAKFU, so get ready to conquer new territories!
A new server has opened in WAKFU, and it is dedicated to international players! The official language on the server “Remington” is therefore English.
Tiva will eventually become the French server. But don’t worry! You will still be able to play on Tiva with the character you have been playing with since the beginning of WAKFU’s Beta.
However, you’ve got to be careful! When the next reset comes, probably before the official release of the game, restrictions will be set up to prevent non-French speaking players from accessing Tiva.
WAKFU’s playground is now officially extended, ready to welcome new players… So be our guests! Come and play!
May 25, 2011, 17:20:37 |
Starting today, WAKFU invites you to explore the brand new Arcade Dungeons! A community challenge that Sacriers and Xelors will surely take up !
Discover now all the other surprises offered by the Version 0.305 offers !
- Sacrier and Xelor arrive in The World of Twelve.
- Ability points for every class have been restored.
- Rough tongue: increased damage.
- Fleabag: the spell can now be casted on allies and inflicts a loss of Water resistance in addition to the damages inflicted.
- Fleabitten: the spell now draws a flea line on the ground which inflicts damages to anyone walking on it.
- Flea Love: The spells reach goes from 1 to 5 and the flea only disappears when its host is hit.
- Shi-Fu-Miaow: damages increased, reach decreased. On a critical hit, the Eca is sure to inflict damages.
- Double or Quits: damages increase and critical hit modification. On a critical hit, the spell now has 50% chances to make the character win 3 AP.
- Three cards:cost decreased and modification of the “Queen” card’s effects which now inflicts a loss of resistance to the target. The spell’s critical hit allows getting one of the two positive cards every time.
- Jackpot: the spell now works in line and without any line of sight. It hits three tiles in triangle and when the player draws two identical markers, it makes the targets’ lock decrease.
- Claw Attack: cost decrease and damages adjustment.
- Claws of Ceangal: cost decrease and damages adjustment.
- Hunter: Cost modification (mainly use MP now).
- Eca Bite: cost decrease and damages adjustment.
- Up to Scratch: cost decrease and damages adjustment.
- Pétrification: cost decrease and increase of the probability to apply the state.
- Lord of the Fleas: the spell is replaced by “Feline Leap”.
- Rabies: for every Air spell casted, the Ecaflip boosts his critical blow rate for one round.
- Cat Tree: the tree doesn’t give any reach nor damages bonus anymore. On the other hand, for every successful dodge, the Ecaflip is healed with a percentage of the damages that the enemy should have inflicted him.
- Updated specialty aptitude point costs.
- Firedamp Explosion goes to 4AP and better AP/DMG render.
- Hot Magma costs now 6AP / 11MP instead of 6AP / 1 PW.
- Rascalry has been changed to 2AP/1MP with a range of 2-4.
- Purge has more chance to transform a small bag in a big bag.
- Tax doesn’t make loot anymore.
- Deadly Nightspade has been changed to 3AP/1MP with a range of 1-3.
- Smacker goes to 4AP / 5PM and gets damages adjustment.
- Shady Shovel goes to 5AP / 5MP / 1PW and its damages are increased.
- Shovel Shaker goes to 5AP / 5MP in Phorzerker.
- Mass Clumsiness modified (the spell is now accessible from level 0) and gain of new dodge bonuses.
- Mine Mover has been changed to 1AP/2MP.
- Prime of Life modified (the spell is now accessible from level 0).
- Excavation allows finding a larva that the Drheller eats to heal himself.
- The Motivated state now becomes the Power state.
The “arcade” dungeons
- The new “arcade” dungeons allow the players to fight with a ladder system. The best players, among all nations, can get their names and their statues at the donjons’ entrance.
- There are two types of arcade dungeons: time attack and survival:
- The principle of a time attack dungeon is to be completed as quickly as possible.
- On the contrary, the survival dungeons consist in staying alive as long as possible while fighting several waves of monsters.
- Dungeons have animated doors, the number of eyes allows to know the dungeon’s difficulty.
- Balancing of Wild boars has been reworked.
- Balancing of Moogrr and Moofly has been reworked.
- Balancing of Moskitos has been reworked.
- Snoofles are removed from the ecosystem.
- Monsters’ level has been adjusted in zones and dungeons:
- Some will be more powerful, others weaker, in order to have a more streamlined player progression.
- Monsters have been better distributed:
- In order to balance the progression between Amakna and Bonta.
- New types of groups and assortment by monsters families (cf. § Amakna and Bonta).
- The monster groups creation system used in the ecosystem has been revised.
- Velocity gauge system reworked:
- Bonuses are brought by fighters. And so, every characters class and every monsters family has a velocity bonus.
- Bonuses are common to every fighter. The first to reach a velocity level will be able to choose among the complete list, the next will have to do with the rests.
- Some monsters can also bring penalties, like the War Leader whose velocity penalties will inflict a loss of 40 Life Points. So, be careful not to be the last to pick up in the list, otherwise you would have to suffer the penalties that nobody wanted!
- The choices of nations offered by Sokay are clearer and 4 notices behind him allow him to give more details about each nation (Brakmar and Sufokia are not available yet).
- A Boards Room, a village hall and a torture room, dedicated to the members of the Government come out in every nation Headquarters.
- 4 Googoo dungeons are available Amakna and Bonta:
- Rushu Rush Piwi – Novice (Time attack)
- Rushu Rush Piwi - Battle-hardened (Time attack)
- Rushu Rush Piwi - Mythic (Time attack)
- Shustuft Crust: crazy Googoos (survival)
- A Crazy Tofu dungeon (Survival) comes out on the Crusty Road and the Suburb of the Holly Golden Water.
- A Crazy Gobball dungeon comes out in every nation sews.
- Addition of sews linking “noob” zones to the rest of the continent without passing by the markets.
- Two bridges now link the Fertile Prairie to Hugo Bello’s Meadow and to Farle’s Fields.
- The Puddly become ecosystem monsters and are present everywhere in the Singing Fields.
- 3 mines have been added: The Minim Mine, the Snotto Grotto and the Shay Mine.
- Master Hiboule is now called Master Pigmy.
- Hadibal Toot now has intentions about the Crows balance, he will give a bonus to the players respecting those intentions.
- In order to keep the balance between Nations, Alibert’s bonuses have been weakened.
- Some Wild Plants have appeared in Farle’s Field.
- Smares have disappeared from the Pecky Plantation.
- A new quick access to Amakna’s harbor has been added.
- Embassies have been added in the central part of Asturb in order to allow nations members to gather and meet in a neutral territory.
- Resting Fields have been entirely remade.
- The Googoo dungeon has become the Piou Lahoupe donjon.
- “Destiny’s Home” dungeon has been added.
- Gnarled Barklee's Forest and Obelo’s Meadow has been extended.
- Mines have been added (indicated by a checker on the map): the Aku Cave, the Kandee Mine and the Craft Mine.
- Tofus came out in the Gnarled Barklee's Forest.
- Larvae and Dhrellers have disappeared from Kara and Winds Villages. Instead, you will now find Bliblis and Smares.
- The “Blibli” dungeon become a Gobball dungeon and is moved to the trapper zone.
- Feedbacks regarding the loss or the gain of Citizenship Points reworked:
- Addition of laws about the action MRU: you will therefore be aware of which law you are breaking (or can break) before you take any action!
- The role of the Treasurer has been improved:
- He can now transfer Kamas between Clan Members.
- He also has to distribute the money of a Clan Member in treasures (challenge’s, ecosystem’s, climate’s). If the treasures are empty, the other members of the government won’t be able to buy bonuses, and will then have to beg their treasurer.
- New laws abouts trades :
- Barter – It is forbidden to offer or accept a trade with a citizen of your own nation.
- Import-Export – It is forbidden to offer or accept a trade with a foreigner.
- Collaboration – It is forbidden to offer or accept a trade with a criminal.
- Laws about the ecosystem protection have been balanced:
- Poaching and Eco-Terrorism cost 10 law points to be activated (instead of 3), but make lose 10 Citizenship Points (instead of 3). Species protection will have to be taken very seriously.
- Modification of the species replantation:
- When there is endangered specie in a zone, the Ecologist can pay the Clan Member in order to obtain seeds (or cuttings / seeds for the flora) and thus replant a resource in this zone.
- Governor’s popularity:
- In the Government interface, it is possible to have a look on a gauge that shows the popularity of the current Governor.
- Only players who voted for the previous election can give their opinion about the Governor, but all the citizens can have access to his popularity rating.
- If this rating is very high, a statue will be erected in the honor of the Governor in the nation’s Headquarters.
- If he is too unpopular, he will be relieved from his duties! New elections will be on!
- Announcement from the Head Guards and the General:
- Like the Governor, the Head Guard and the General can write announcements that the citizen can see in the politics tab.
- Addition of a Government Canal:
- Members of the Government have access to a canal that allows them to communicate easily by chatting.
- They also can talk locally, their message appear in a golden color, which indicates that they belong to the Government. It is now easier for them to make announcements to the people!
- Weather Bonus cost decreased:
- They are now significantly cheaper, in order to value their utility in the game.
- Their explanatory texts have been simplified for more clarity.
- New crafts recipes have been added to create craft machines available in the Heaven Bag as well as new decorations with room restrictions. It is thus possible to craft in you Heaven Bag.
- Recipes from level 55 to 100 for the Cabinet maker have been added:
- 10 Craft machines for the craft room of the Heaven Bag.
- 5 decoration items for the Garden room. .
- 5 decoration items for the Trade room.
- Balancing of several recipes :
- Players’ opinions about resources being too or not enough used were taken in account.
- Keep giving us you feedback on that! We try to take them in account as one goes along.
- The waiting system for harvesting actions is temporarily disabled (it’s being reworked).
- Pumpkins are also available in the Cania Plains to craft gunpowder.
- Blibli set level reworked:
- In order to match family changes
- Higher level items
- Balanced bonuses
- Buk Set level reworked:
- In order to match Wild Plants family changes
- Higher level items
- Balanced bonuses
- Smare set level reworked:
- In order to match family changes
- Higher level items
- Balanced bonuses
Important notice : if you have an item with you and you don’t meet its level requirement anymore, it will stay equipped (with a red background) but won’t give you its equipment bonuses anymore. Of course, you can remove it from your equipment and replace it by an item of your level.
- Addition of the Craft Haven-Gem!
- It is now possible to produce craft machines to be able to craft in the Heaven Bag
- On the other hand, the recipes made in a Craft Room don’t give any additional experience.
- Only recipes from level 1 to 50 can be made during the first craft machines’ batch (1 by profession).
- Addition of decorations for trading rooms and gardens: Sales notices, cashiers, fountains and other indoor fitting outs are yours!
- The management interface of Clan members has been reworked.
- The Jobs interface has been reworked.
- The donjons and the mines in the first zones of the game are now systematically shown on the world’s map.
- Retake of the waterfalls and rivers sounds.
- Atmospheres added for the Shustuft Crust dungeon.
- General mixing of the game atmospheres.
- Integration of Asturb Bridges music.
- Ecaflip sounds added.
- Enutrof sounds added.
- Sounds for Drheller and Enutrof invocations added.
- Phorzerkers sounds added.
- Iop sound mixing.
- Eniripsa sounds improvements.
- Sadida sounds improvements.
- Mixing of the class character’s generic onomatopoeias.
- King Jelix missing sounds added.
- Improvement of the Amakna and Bonta monsters mixing.
- Goals feedbacks (achievements, etc.) added.
- Politics / Citizenship feedbacks added.
- Feedbacks about the Shustuft Crust Dungeon added.
- Feedbacks about Challenges added.
- Drawing water from a water pump or from a well is now animated.
- Panel of graphic options reworked.
- Option added, allowing to set the level of detail of the combats:
- High quality: as currently, combats are visible from outside.
- Medium quality: fighters are still visible and animated but the APS are not shown anymore.
- Low quality: the combat and its fighters are replaced by a sword (system similar to DOFUS).
- Many client improvements have been realized.
- The mini map stays unposted after a combat if it was chosen to be hidden.
- Bugfix in case of a Phorzeker immobilization whereas he still has APs/MPs.
- Fix of the criminality aps when you enter an enemy nation.
- Joining a combat as a spectator via a monster that is moving doesn’t make the client freeze anymore.
- The effect zone of Ecaflip‘s Flea Market is correctly displayed every time.
- The animation of the Drheller’s burying (excavation spell) is not interrupted anymore if he is moved.
- The combat is automatically unlocked when somebody is shouting for help.
- A chat notification is added when a combat is started in a locked mode.
- Laws don’t apply anymore when you are not on your nation territory.