Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

Tankiest tank tank class to tank things
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2012-06-03
posté November 02, 2013, 06:36:02 | #21
used to be earth fogs had one of the highest base damages in the game too, just zero range. i think they have lost damage in the revamp tho.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2012-02-09
posté November 02, 2013, 09:45:08 | #22
I have a question about earth Fog. Is there something, I don't understant about his kit?
His damage sucks and has to spend his AP on summoning blockades anyway. Blockades can't even block the way and he's got 0 utility (like MP stealing or displacing).
However, he's pretty tanky, he's great at absorbing damage of his allies and he can lock.

I agree, that he can work as a tank and he will be useful in team. But... he's basically nothing more than a giant punch bag. I can't imagine, someone would enjoy playing something like that. Unless as an alt of multiclienter.

This post has been edited by krowakot - November 02, 2013, 09:45:39.
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2013-03-01
posté November 02, 2013, 11:40:49 | #23

Quote (krowakot @ 02 November 2013 09:45) *
I have a question about earth Fog. Is there something, I don't understant about his kit?
His damage sucks and has to spend his AP on summoning blockades anyway. Blockades can't even block the way and he's got 0 utility (like MP stealing or displacing).
However, he's pretty tanky, he's great at absorbing damage of his allies and he can lock.

I agree, that he can work as a tank and he will be useful in team. But... he's basically nothing more than a giant punch bag. I can't imagine, someone would enjoy playing something like that. Unless as an alt of multiclienter.
I'm one of those weird people that likes to play this kind of thing. Just like I build my Eni to be nothing but pure heals (my damage is really poopy) I kinda want to build this kind of a pure tank business. I don't care about hitting things I just wanna be able to take everything ever. :b

idk

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-10-22
posté November 02, 2013, 16:24:45 | #24

Quote (Bulbasheep @ 02 November 2013 05:15) *
But I'm starting to get doubts--Are tanks in Wakfu as appreciated like in other games? Because a lot of times I notice everything is just YOU MUST DO 10000 DAMAGE (or be a healer Eni) that I'm worried I might not get a lot of spots because I am gonna be focusing more on preventing damage than dealing it. What are your thoughts?
I don't see many tanks on remington, and very rarely people look for tanks in particular in my experience. Though there are places where they are necessary, like for yech'ti'wawa and shhudoku. Tanking is also extremely effective against wabbits from tunnels, somewhat less so for black wabbits. But a tank would be a literal load for dungeon farming with overpowered team.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-03-25
posté November 02, 2013, 16:47:55 | #25
For the tankiest tank tank make the saciest sac sac ever in my book for the concept's sake. But no, he will be very limited as to which fights he will be appreciated in. Sadly enough most current endgame content has counter mechanisms for map manipulation and locking. In a nutshell a tank instead of another good DD just slows us down in most situations. Really surprised noone mentioned tank pandas btw, they have great utility outside of pure tanking and absorbing damage via milky instinct is wicked. A tank panda is actually the only kind that ever sees action in our current team and even that is limited to certain fights.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-10-22
posté November 02, 2013, 17:26:16 | #26

Quote (everat @ 02 November 2013 16:47) *
Sadly enough most current endgame content has counter mechanisms for map manipulation and locking.
They aren't enough to make tanks worthless but enough to make gameplay less boring for them.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-03-15
posté November 04, 2013, 14:09:38 | #27

Quote (BrainInAJar @ 02 November 2013 06:36) *
used to be earth fogs had one of the highest base damages in the game too, just zero range. i think they have lost damage in the revamp tho.

were still pretty good damagers my base dpt for 1 turn is 226 and thanks to fogginator we can get 150% earth mastery on top pf our own mastery

and to make the cake that is foggernaut eaven more delicios in order to make fogger great tank you need loads of earth mastery so youll be able to choose weather to puch the living bananas out of enemys or tank hits like a sac