Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

Elections in bonta near the end, a new hope?

Thread closed

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2008-09-23
posté October 03, 2011, 13:12:38 | #1
Elections in bonta near the end, a new hope? Well people, tell me what do you expect in this election that will end in 4 hours, a new beggining for bonta nation, or a extension for the good war and chaos policy.
Or , who knows, even a worst government is coming from the masks of peace and prosperity.
Well I don't know but I voted for the good and old sabotage, everyone know how good she is, why risk your necks in a new government?
LOL, sarcasm or not is up to you, but serious , speak here what you think.

This post has been edited by LeoAdeliet - October 19, 2011, 14:58:23.
posté October 03, 2011, 13:18:10 | #2
my only question is.. u seems to be old player,made from 2008.
but u didnt realize that election ends tomorrow,not today?
the time displayed is bugged.

posté October 03, 2011, 13:31:55 | #3
Tomorrow, today, I don't even noticed that the time is bugged, thank you for the observation, it is because my time zone is different,so I never knows, but so we have 1 more day to share or hopes here.
Keep on posting! Keep on commenting!

This post has been edited by LeoAdeliet - October 03, 2011, 13:32:25.
posté October 04, 2011, 08:21:57 | #4
I think that there are different viewpoints that you can look at the Sabotage dictatorship.

If you look it from the point of view of a civilian or somebody who isn't involved in politics, they will obviously be disgruntled that they cannot hunt for monsters or even do anything else. They can't even step into Amakna or Brakmar to train! One wrong step and you fall to become an outlaw. Then you get caught and everything follows. No dictatorship in history has proved to be good for the citizens of a nation.

But, if you look it from the point of view of Sabotage or her guild, it is true that they have done a lot and all these have never been attempted by previous governors. Previously, the Disobedience law was mysteriously removed and the ecosystem was seemingly out of control. Trees were cut down at an alarming rate. Now, they hammered down new laws to keep things in order. Shouldn't a successful nation have good order?

Finally, think without bias. We honestly don't know what Sabotage and her team really want. Sabotage, in the 4Oct Election, wrote her manifesto such that she was extremely proud of being such a dictator. Maybe she really wants to let Bonta become a real nation, having a more competent governor. We also honestly don't know what will become of Bonta if this government continues its mandate. Bonta may be hailed as the nation of war, contrary to popular belief. Since Sabotage had already declared war, Bonta will lose her national interest and we may be short on people for our Guards. Not everybody likes to serve a dictator.

What Leo says is true too. A new government may not prove to be too good. Bonta may go back to her original state of over-hunting or over-anything. A new government may not be able to keep up with diplomatic relations with the nations we declared war on. But sadly, (nearly) everybody hates the current governance and they can do nothing about it but complain.

Never in Wakfu has there every been such a saga. It's good to have such episodes, but we must think of what is better for Bonta - A harsh, iron-willed government which has the mindset of war, but everything is in (apparent) order, or a benevolent leader with equality and prefers peace and prosperity but is so kind as to let Bonta go to ruins? Think carefully, and vote for the right leader today.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-06-16
posté October 04, 2011, 13:31:19 | #5

Quote (TheSamProtocol @ 04 October 2011 08:21) *
Never in Wakfu has there every been such a saga. It's good to have such episodes, but we must think of what is better for Bonta - A harsh, iron-willed government which has the mindset of war, but everything is in (apparent) order, or a benevolent leader with equality and prefers peace and prosperity but is so kind as to let Bonta go to ruins? Think carefully, and vote for the right leader today.
I would not rather called a benevolent leader. If he/she is considering himself/herself a benevolent leader, he /she should be active enough to talk to the players and listen as well instead of keeping matter to himself/herself. For imo, I prefer a balance ruler - peace at times and set firm laws to punish them (exploiting resources) as well.

This post has been edited by Lionheart2010 - October 04, 2011, 13:33:19.
posté October 04, 2011, 14:34:23 | #6

Quote (Lionheart2010 @ 04 October 2011 13:31) *

I would not rather called a benevolent leader. If he/she is considering himself/herself a benevolent leader, he /she should be active enough to talk to the players and listen as well instead of keeping matter to himself/herself. For imo, I prefer a balance ruler - peace at times and set firm laws to punish them (exploiting resources) as well.
True, such a leader is desirable. But in the real world, even decent rulers are rare, needless to say in a game. Do you think such a leader will appear to lead the nation out of this mess? Nah. Chances are very low. The majority of the players are still young and they don't know what is good.

It's pretty difficult to be a popular governor if you set firm laws. The people do not appreciate it. It is a great restriction to them. They don't want laws. They want to be a lawless nation. Why? That is because this mentality of freedom has been taken on by Bontarians through past governors.

I went to Brakmar with another character and I checked the political situations there. There was this governor who had very little laws forbidding and he was extremely popular.

That's why I imply that peace and firmness of laws do not fit. You either be the good guy, or the bad guy.

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2011-05-29
posté October 04, 2011, 14:54:10 | #7
i definitely vote for sabotage

posté October 04, 2011, 15:15:20 | #8

Quote (TheSamProtocol @ 04 October 2011 14:34) *

Quote (Lionheart2010 @ 04 October 2011 13:31) *

True, such a leader is desirable. But in the real world, even decent rulers are rare, needless to say in a game. Do you think such a leader will appear to lead the nation out of this mess? Nah. Chances are very low. The majority of the players are still young and they don't know what is good.

It can't be help. That why players MUST choose their votes wisely.

It's pretty difficult to be a popular governor if you set firm laws. The people do not appreciate it. It is a great restriction to them. They don't want laws. They want to be a lawless nation. Why? That is because this mentality of freedom has been taken on by Bontarians through past governors.

Firm laws are important because most of the players are statics-type and abusing the environment to exploit their profits. If u dun set firm laws, everyone will do as they please affecting the ecosystem and citizenship bonus. That why balance is important!

I went to Brakmar with another character and I checked the political situations there. There was this governor who had very little laws forbidding and he was extremely popular.

Brakmar is the new nation. Election start a few days after patch so there are not much players willing to vote. There are will be more in the future.

That's why I imply that peace and firmness of laws do not fit. You either be the good guy, or the bad guy.

It can applied to both. Why not? That what the governor for. Only thing governor must bear the consequences if did not please the public

This post has been edited by Lionheart2010 - October 04, 2011, 15:38:22.
posté October 04, 2011, 15:40:27 | #9
i am a gamer not a politicians 

posté October 04, 2011, 15:42:20 | #10

Quote (public4enemies @ 04 October 2011 15:40) *
This is politic!

posté October 04, 2011, 15:46:20 | #11
well now i want my human rights  

posté October 04, 2011, 15:46:30 | #12

You can't be the both ? Politic is very important in our world now a days.

posté October 04, 2011, 15:49:17 | #13

Quote (LeoAdeliet @ 04 October 2011 15:46) *

im sorry but i cant be both, because im still green and young  

posté October 04, 2011, 15:54:03 | #14

Quote (public4enemies @ 04 October 2011 15:49) *

Quote (LeoAdeliet @ 04 October 2011 15:46) *

im sorry but i cant be both, because im still green and young
Let me ask you a question. Why do u register in the election polls? Vampiric is it? For fun?

posté October 04, 2011, 15:56:46 | #15
ye look at the speeches,, its serious? 

Quote (public4enemies @ 04 October 2011 15:56) *
ah sorry i guess its serious, the vampiric is cute thingy.its serious yes  

posté October 04, 2011, 15:59:49 | #16
There are two ways to see it, yes, but the two are the one the opposite extreme of the other.
If there aren't any laws disciplinating the citizens the nation will suffer, because few have the will to take over the ecosystem and replant creatures, on the other hand Sabotage made a egoist but smart political drawing: players lose easily the CP, so there are many outlaws that, for becoming normal citizens again must hunt Outlaws, so it's like a nation against itself. That makes less people able to vote or candidate, and so there is only Sabotage able to run for Governor.

I'd rather a halfway between these two ways to run a government. Maybe have two or three red laws just not to let the nation skip out of hand, but not the stupid ones like Brutish (not lose a PvE fight).

Also it would be nice if Bonta would be a peaceful Nation, because a war is a little bit akward, and since Sadida isn't unlocked; for that it may be useful to let other nations' people come and help unlock it and enjoy it afterwards.

My argue isn't compact and meaningful as it would be if my first language was english (I'm italian, and I'm really bad at it, sorry) but I hope it's all understandable.

posté October 04, 2011, 15:59:58 | #17

If u claim to be gamer, u should not register in the polls.

posté October 04, 2011, 16:03:37 | #18

Quote (Lionheart2010 @ 04 October 2011 15:59) *

If u claim to be gamer, u should not register in the polls.
i have no idea  

posté October 04, 2011, 17:39:11 | #19
Sabotage won again. All hope is lost.

posté October 04, 2011, 18:07:23 | #20
i told u, u shuld vote for cute vampiric  

Thread closed