FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

AFK Transcript

By #[Troyle]#5413 October 24, 2012, 16:46:52
DevTracker
AFK is a monthly video in French created for the community.

In order to make sure that the International community receives the same information as the French one, I took the time to write down all the information about WAKFU that are revealed in this video.

If your French is good enough, you can find the video here (there's some Troyle in there): Click here

WAKFU News

The new update will be released next week and will include:
  • A revamp of the challenge system. No more challenges, they will become quests that start automatically upon entering the area.
  • Hordes: when you fulfill the Clan Member wishes, a horde will appear with a leader. This leader can drop mythical items.
  • The update will include more than 150 new items.

Another update will be release in November, and will include:
  • A rebalancing of all the areas, dungeons and islands in conquest territories.

We will have an Al Howin event on WAKFU (NT: but you already know about that, more on this later!).

Brand new Krosmoz website (in French only, for the moment): Click here

Players’ questions

Will you revamp the ecology?

Yes, it’s part of the improvements implemented in the next update. All monsters families have been reviewed based on the wishes of the Clam Members, and respecting these wishes will provide nice rewards like the appearance of herds with mythical loots.

Will you improve combat, notably the possibility to use consumable before the fight?

Indeed, everything that surrounds fights is being worked on, like the possibility to use consumables before the fight, or even changing your equipment during the placement phase but also the possibility to kick members that joined the fight. This should be implemented alongside features surrounding the territory conquest.

What about incarnam? It currently lacks of immersion. Will you do something about it?

Absolutely. The first part of incarnam is being changed to become more flowing and intuitive. You will also be able to skip the tutorial if you already completed it before. This should be implemented in the next update.

Talk with Azael

Why do we have to pay the tax before selling, in the market?

The purpose is to limit storing in the markets. If the tax was only paid after the purchase, players would be able to store as many items as they want in the markets. However we had a lot of feedback stating that the tax was too high so we decided to lower it to 5%. It’s still up to governments, but it should help a bit.

About storing space, why limit it so much?

It’s not really a design intention, but more of a technical limitation. Each item has a weight in the database and some are heavier than others, which force us to limit storing space. For example a pet is much heavier than 10 resources. The problem is also that chests allow you to store anything you want and we don’t want to limit what can be stored in the chest.

What are the solutions then?

We’re thinking about it. The first solution would be to separate the type of items. However, as simple as it sounds, it’s really not that simple in terms of development and would force us to review the complete storing system. This cannot be done in short term, since we have an update approximately every month that brings new content and we want to keep on favoring content.However, we’re looking into other solutions. You noticed already the appearance of dummies and libraries lately, which should help freeing space in the inventories. We have other ideas, like when the Haven-Worlds will come. And down the road, we know that some professions have a lot of problems with resources storage, like the handyman, and we’re trying to fix it for good, this is not intended on our side.
0 0
First Ankama intervention
Score : 31074
Randgri|2012-10-26 00:53:23
I'm not criticizing Troyle, I'm very thankful for his efforts. I just wonder if he takes it upon himself to do this translation work or if someone actually asked him to do it.

It was my initiative.
I also considered making subtitles for the video, but this would just be too much work for the little benefit you would get out of it.
See message in context
1 0
Reactions 25
Score : 4022
yay
0 0
Score : 6321
Is this all thats going to be in the update or is there any other big stuff you haven't told us about?
0 0
Score : 2838
Reset reset reset reset
*Crossfingers*
0 0
Score : 336
So every time you enter a different area, for e.g. Walking from Cania Fields into Cania Swamp, What were once the challenges will now be mini quests? And are they going to be repeatable? Like the monster quests were you have to kill 20 of them.

Will the prizes still be tokens then?
0 0
Score : 2433
Storage shortage problem + 150 new items..
But they are working on a solution so I'm looking forward to what they'll come up with!
0 0
Score : 9495
Sounds great ^^
But...im still praying for class balance biggrin 
0 0
Score : 6268
Kuraibara|2012-10-24 17:19:00
Reset reset reset reset
*Crossfingers*

*Double Crossfingers*
0 0
Score : 3555
Rokugatsu|2012-10-24 17:47:40
Sounds great ^^
But...im still praying for class balance biggrin
Yes it's the only thing that matters
0 0
Score : 587
yay!! sooooon cool
hope the class balance come too..
and so curious for the 150++ new items ph34r
is it gonna be easy or hard for the crafting and are they gonna shorter the progress too??
0 0
Score : 3200
That cheered me up, a skill reset here would be like a rain in Somalia ;P
0 0
Score : 4331
wow this is great news and to hear the updates will be so to say back to back.. happy ..even better.
I cant wait to see these new changes, great job Ankama happy keep it up ~
0 0
Score : 4915
wow cool! can't wait to see the next patch notes biggrin 
0 0
Score : 2133
I'm looking forward to the ecosystem revamp :3
Hopefully it will encourage more players to take better care of their nations zones in order for more rewards! Rather than just leaving it all up to the poor ecologist.
1 0
Score : 25157
Matt5150|2012-10-24 18:58:16
Reset reset reset reset
*Crossfingers*

*Double Crossfingers*

FajneCycki|2012-10-24 19:45:56
I see no reason for them to make reset if there will be no class revamp. Notice that crafting revamp doesn't affect your spells so..... i wouldn't expect any resets with this update.
0 0
Score : 412
Kikuihimonji|2012-10-25 02:13:27
Matt5150|2012-10-24 18:58:16
Reset reset reset reset
*Crossfingers*

*Double Crossfingers*

FajneCycki|2012-10-24 19:45:56
I see no reason for them to make reset if there will be no class revamp. Notice that crafting revamp doesn't affect your spells so..... i wouldn't expect any resets with this update.

Some classes changed 3 weeks ago.
0 0
Score : 1901
Pyralless|2012-10-25 01:47:04
Hopefully it will encourage more players to take better care of their nations zones in order for more rewards! Rather than just leaving it all up to the poor ecologist.
Now the Outlaws will shine Muhahaha everyone will want a pice of us
0 0
Score : 2133
syphnick|2012-10-25 02:24:58
Rawr!
I shall defend my glorious nation's flora and fauna till the death! None shall harm them!
Thee and thy outlaws shall not prevail!
0 0
Score : 487
Pyralless|2012-10-25 02:53:37
syphnick|2012-10-25 02:24:58
Rawr!
I shall defend my glorious nation's flora and fauna till the death! None shall harm them!
Thee and thy outlaws shall not prevail!

Dont scare em off too quickly ;D, a job for the outlaws means a job for us guards!

Guards unite!!....enthusiasm goooooooooooo :3

Although the only prize for outlaws would come from their perssonal enjoyment, it gives them something to focus their misschievous ways on. Lets see if this can work and become a step towards some sort of reasonably balanced relationship between outlaws and guards ^^ (am i being too hopefull here? tongue)

~Jazza
0 0
Score : 1475
Isn't there a way to just put english subtitles in those videos? All it takes is one guy with french/english knowledge and a few working hours. This is the least Ankama could do. I'm really not the "omg we are 2nd class customers" guy but having these videos in pure french only makes us non-french servers feel like a far away colony instead of a part of the whole.
0 0
Respond to this thread