February 18, 2012, 15:52:04 |
As far as getting the information goes, it does not have any essential difference, but those are the differences I know:
At Ankama support site:
- The bugs are archived on their list to be checked when they can (I do not know who is in charge of doing this)
- You have specific fields to fill.
- You can send screenshots and game file directly to Ankama
- You cannot discuss it with other players/try to find with others how to reproduce it
- Multiple reports may be sent because of the above, which may make it take longer for other reports to be seen
At the forums:
- The bugs are filed and reported by the CCM (at the moment by me, since we do not yet have a CCM)
- You will have to describe the bug by yourself
- You have to put your screenshots and file with game information on a hosting website
- You can discuss it with other players/try to find with others how to reproduce it
- It can reduce the number of reports as many players will use the same topic for a single bug/the CCM will only file a single report for a specific bug
The bug will be known either way, the only difference is how you do it, and if you can discuss it or not.