FR EN ES PT
Browse forums

Ok, i'm reaching my limit with Ankama... (12 AP nerf)

By Cabran 2014-06-17 14:08
Devtracker
Ok, so regarding this massive nerf:

alright so you stop us spending stat points on 2 AP and 2 MP, fine I thought i'll take a hit to my stats by using 2 satisfaction rings - with 2 satisfaction rings i'll be losing mobility, damage, resistance, hp, etc.. (a big enough penalty) but I was fine with that because it allows me to play my character the way I want to play it.

But no, Ankama puts a hard cap - now the most I can get without a relic/unique grindfest gear is 10 AP, yes 10 AP! so now you'll have the majority of players running around with identical 10 AP builds.. way to go geniuses!

You can take your relics and *use imagination*
First Ankama intervention
Hello all,

I understand your disappointment about the added limitation on the Satisfaction Ring which was offering other possibilities for low cost builds.

But with the Satisfaction Ring being a level 25 item with a hard penalty, this is not a healthy thing to allow players to wear it for lvl100+ builds. That's why the ring now force players to reach max 10 AP with it.

(Btw, if it wasn't mentioned in the patchnote earlier, it's totally my fault,my apologies.)

We will introduce with the next patch two epic items for low cost 11 AP build, probably a lv 125 ring and an other lv 80 item. Obtaining them will be a lot easier compared to usual epic items.
See message in context
Reactions 72
it's like a game
how much shit can we throw at our players without getting them to leave?

some builds are just flat out impossible now, relics or not
AP cap is limiting when you consider how few spells a player can actually max. If players could max more spells we'd have more options to spend our AP on. As it stands it's very restrictive.

Sad when a pure Fire character only has 3/5, or 60% or his fire spells capped. 20% of all his spells available.
I agree with OP, satisfaction rings no longer work and that is really mean. I get that Ankama wants us to slave endlessly getting epic and relic items... but this really hurts some players who need 12 ap for the skills they use.
This is shocking news to me. I always thought it'd be alright to limit the use of Epic gear but now, people who wish to at least reach 11 AP via Sati-ring won't be able to because of this huge nerf.

At least let people reach 11 AP with the help of a sati-ring. This is really cruel.
wait wait, you cant get more than 10ap no matter what? like if i take my maxed char and put a sati ring or GM eps on it?
khackt|2014-06-17 16:28:30wait wait, you cant get more than 10ap no matter what? like if i take my maxed char and put a sati ring or GM eps on it?

Satisfaction Ring's stats are de-activated upon equipping it and having more than 10 AP, and cannot be worn at all if you have 11 AP or more.

• Mango
What about Dragon Osas? Will that extra AP I get in battle be null if I already have 10 AP?
that would mean xelors wouldnt be able to shit 10 extra ap out anymore, which would be ridiculous
Asthis|2014-06-17 17:26:36What about Dragon Osas? Will that extra AP I get in battle be null if I already have 10 AP?
You guys, can't be serious, right? laugh

All of these balancing restrictions don't matter in battle. You can gain 100 ap in a fight for all they care.
Asthis|2014-06-17 17:26:36What about Dragon Osas? Will that extra AP I get in battle be null if I already have 10 AP?

khackt|2014-06-17 17:32:02that would mean xelors wouldnt be able to shit 10 extra ap out anymore, which would be ridiculous

No, no. The cap outside of battle is still 12, and the cap in-battle is still innumerably high.

The nerf that this topic is explicitly about is about the Satisfaction Ring, which received a condition on it that is "less than 11 AP" to equip. They're amending this condition to all non-Epic/non-Relic AP rings, including the upcoming Shushu Ring, an endgame Legendary AP ring.

• Mango
no one cares to mention the legano...poor precious sad 
Some stealth changes with material droprates too - I was in the middle of gathering materials (Basaltlick Stones) and since this update they only drop 1 per monster now. Relevance being: More material rates/quantity might have changed

Nevermind! Leave it to the gods to have cursed my first 6 fights or so - Still, it does make me worried whether or not droprates got fiddled with, quantity feels lower.
Wow. Just... wow.
Ankama, never stop believing that you can do whatever you wanna do, regardless of whatever anyone else says or what logic would say is wrong.
Kokonaut|2014-06-17 17:35:17

khackt|2014-06-17 17:32:02that would mean xelors wouldnt be able to shit 10 extra ap out anymore, which would be ridiculous

No, no. The cap outside of battle is still 12, and the cap in-battle is still innumerably high.

The nerf that this topic is explicitly about is about the Satisfaction Ring, which received a condition on it that is "less than 11 AP" to equip. They're amending this condition to all non-Epic/non-Relic AP rings, including the upcoming Shushu Ring, an endgame Legendary AP ring.

• Mango
Isn't stat ring less then 9 ap to equip?
no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I mentioned the Sat ring several times and how it would probably be nerfed in other threads when this epic tier was added. Not one person seemed worried about it.

Why all the crying now?
Gynrei|2014-06-17 21:55:45I mentioned the Sat ring several times and how it would probably be nerfed in other threads when this epic tier was added. Not one person seemed worried about it.

Why all the crying now?

There are people who don't constantly read the forum posts, or your posts.
Hello all,

I understand your disappointment about the added limitation on the Satisfaction Ring which was offering other possibilities for low cost builds.

But with the Satisfaction Ring being a level 25 item with a hard penalty, this is not a healthy thing to allow players to wear it for lvl100+ builds. That's why the ring now force players to reach max 10 AP with it.

(Btw, if it wasn't mentioned in the patchnote earlier, it's totally my fault,my apologies.)

We will introduce with the next patch two epic items for low cost 11 AP build, probably a lv 125 ring and an other lv 80 item. Obtaining them will be a lot easier compared to usual epic items.
Respond to this thread