Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

3 months wait in between name changing?
Short Strich * Member Since 2012-12-09
posté February 09, 2014, 04:20:59 | #1
3 months wait in between name changing? I'd just like to know why a 3 month wait exists.

I could understand if it was on the same character, but within the same account? Not really.

One of my characters has a pretty inappropriate name annnnddd, naturally, I'd like to change it so I could play it without feeling embarrassed. But I've already changed one of my characters names not too long ago.

I bought ogrines for this and AFTER ALL THAT, see that I have to wait 3 months. How disappointing. That's too friggin' long.

Will my ogrines even last that long? Why do they even expire? If they expire before then, I'm going to be pretty angry, just sayin'.

It especially doesn't make sense to me because the more somebody changes their name, the more money you make, correct? Or is it really that big of a problem for you guys?

Since my name is inappropriate, I would like a mod to make an exception for me to change it. But since this is unrealistic with ankama, I hope it isn't enough to ask to have a mod so gracefully justify the reasoning behind this 3 month wait? I'd like to be less angry and feeling like I got ripped off. Thanks.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-05-10
posté February 09, 2014, 04:41:15 | #2
O.o what were you even thinking to get a name like that?

In situations where somebody has an inappropriate name usually you get reported then an admin changes it to something random

posté February 09, 2014, 05:07:13 | #3
Uhh long story, but we can say somebody else has something to do with it.

Something random would be acceptable as well, although I still would like to make proper use of my ogrines and get the name I want.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté February 09, 2014, 05:14:05 | #4

Quote (Poklop @ 09 February 2014 05:07) *
nsfw nsfw nsfw nsfw

However, like you said I think its a little strange that it would be a limit on the account and not the re-named character. If that was changed I wouldn't really see too much of an issue

Ogrines should have a lasting life of 30 days + 1 day for every 100. So if you bought 1000 they would have a lifetime of 40 days before they expire. (worse than gift cards u_u)

also. please. option to recolour out characters

posté February 09, 2014, 05:25:09 | #5

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 09 February 2014 05:14) *

Quote (Poklop @ 09 February 2014 05:07) *
nsfw nsfw nsfw nsfw

However, like you said I think its a little strange that it would be a limit on the account and not the re-named character. If that was changed I wouldn't really see too much of an issue

Ogrines should have a lasting life of 30 days + 1 day for every 100. So if you bought 1000 they would have a lifetime of 40 days before they expire. (worse than gift cards u_u)

also. please. option to recolour out characters
LOL, AS IN IT WAS THEIR OWN OFFENSIVE DECISION TO NAME IT THAT XD

I have about 5,750. I'm terrible at math but something tells me that it isn't enough.
That's another thing. I have to pay $10 to get any kind of ogrine at all, since I'm Canadian and paypal isn't an option unless you're paying $10 or over. So I just spent that much for nothing?

And yes character recolour would make me very happy. But that's another topic.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2013-05-10
posté February 09, 2014, 06:07:01 | #6
Not really, you can always buy hammers or wait for something new to come out. THere's a new costume in the shushu trailer for instance, look careful when they are throwing fireworks. Hopefully it doesn't take a million years before they add it to the boutique  

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté February 09, 2014, 07:28:02 | #7

Quote (Poklop @ 09 February 2014 05:25) *
I have about 5,750. I'm terrible at math but something tells me that it isn't enough.
Oops, seems I was a bit off! Its 60days + 1 day for every 100 bought. As long as you bought a single batch over 3000 and bought / used the rename scroll on the same day you should be fine
Minus the wait :l

In regards to ogrines expiring Sabi said this september last year
" As we always look into improving our system to match as possible your expectations, we are open to your feeback and will be sharing it with the team, so keep it coming! "
Click here
Surprisingly, there was never any followup.

This post has been edited by Soundtrack8 - February 09, 2014, 07:54:40.
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-09-30
posté February 09, 2014, 07:59:36 | #8
maybe to slow down something like............ someone robbing,pk-ing or cheat on other people then they change name to run away, and cheat another and change name again.

posté February 09, 2014, 08:21:52 | #9

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 09 February 2014 07:28) *

Quote (Poklop @ 09 February 2014 05:25) *
Oops, seems I was a bit off! Its 60days + 1 day for every 100 bought. As long as you bought a single batch over 3000 and bought / used the rename scroll on the same day you should be fine
Minus the wait :l

In regards to ogrines expiring Sabi said this september last year
" As we always look into improving our system to match as possible your expectations, we are open to your feeback and will be sharing it with the team, so keep it coming! "
Click here
Surprisingly, there was never any followup.

Ahh... Mine are good for over 3 months! ... I still really don't want to wait 3 months to use my character, however. It's a Feca and with the revamp... Blarg.

Quote (RaZept @ 09 February 2014 07:59) *
maybe to slow down something like............ someone robbing,pk-ing or cheat on other people then they change name to run away, and cheat another and change name again.

Haha, it's easy to find out who changed their name though, since their characters are all linked to the same account/forums/friends list system etc. I don't think it's too ethical for Ankama to care about that though. Aside from robbing, PKing is an in-game feature and there's no need to prevent somebody to protect themselves from such. As I said before, it'd make them more money anyways.

This post has been edited by Poklop - February 11, 2014, 10:28:16.