Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

Why would anyone want to play this game?, Please give me good selling points
Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2012-07-03
posté February 08, 2014, 05:28:23 | #21
Sure the bad outweighs the good. But it has a few redeeming qualities such as the ones you mentioned. Sure, im a masochist.. but I guess i just keep waiting until the day the game shines. Im too far this hole to climb my way out. Already too many accounts at 140 too much hope invested in Ankama. QQ

This post has been edited by aquabeauty - February 08, 2014, 05:29:15.
The Sinister Six * Member Since 2012-02-09
posté February 08, 2014, 05:58:51 | #22
Never too late to quit, you know.

No regrets.

right

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-01-22
posté February 08, 2014, 06:36:32 | #23
Because there's nothing better to play.
Click here

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2012-07-03
posté February 08, 2014, 07:21:49 | #24

Quote (Reksinor @ 08 February 2014 06:36) *
Because there's nothing better to play.
Click here
Lmbo that video was so good.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-03-23
posté February 08, 2014, 11:04:55 | #25

Quote (Nox16 @ 08 February 2014 03:06) *

Quote (boooosh @ 07 February 2014 20:49) *
I think you can quite clearly see that the freemium model works exceptionally, case and point being the kick-starter campaign for the anime. It raised way more than the aim. But sorry, yeah I guess if I don't like the game I should hit up another MMO it's just a shame because this has probably been my favourite MMO and could be my favourite game if there were just a few changes.
I would very much like to know how that is a good case for freemium...
Because they didn't force anyone to pay for their kickstarter. People just payed because it's a good idea and they like to support the company. It's a perfectly good example of a freemium model.

Vamp'emo * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté February 08, 2014, 11:06:13 | #26
I'm afraid of when this game will become F2P. Ankama isn't doing enough for their cash shop as it is, and I don't think it could survive on cosmetic and decorations alone, especially with the almost nonexistant advertising. It would have to become pay2win, which will kill the game... I've seen it happen to other games before.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté February 08, 2014, 12:22:47 | #27

Quote (Asthis @ 08 February 2014 11:06) *
I'm afraid of when this game will become F2P. Ankama isn't doing enough for their cash shop as it is, and I don't think it could survive on cosmetic and decorations alone, especially with the almost nonexistant advertising. It would have to become pay2win, which will kill the game... I've seen it happen to other games before.
It would survive just fine if they spent time adding what people have asked for
Shak Shaka (already designed and ingame)
Black wabbit (pretty much same as above)
Recolour scrolls
etc

Vamp'emo * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté February 09, 2014, 02:02:49 | #28

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 08 February 2014 12:22) *

Quote (Asthis @ 08 February 2014 11:06) *
It would survive just fine if they spent time adding what people have asked for
Shak Shaka (already designed and ingame)
Black wabbit (pretty much same as above)
Recolour scrolls
etc

But they haven't and that's what worries me.

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-10-08
posté February 10, 2014, 13:39:52 | #29

Quote (ThyHolyOverlord @ 07 February 2014 20:29) *

Quote (Jwguy @ 07 February 2014 20:04) *
While I don't think the two posts above me have the right idea about how to go about this, I agree that this post seems a bit entitled or whiny.

At the same time, however, the player populations on Nox are getting kind of bad. I can run around for hours in Bonta and see no-one, except for idle players, outside of the 5th Bond Avenue marketplace. It might be time for a server merge... And the pay to play model is already losing steam, what with Ankama experimenting with freemium models instead, such as with the Southern Asia server that everyone was going on about, recently. No word on how that reflects on the already existing servers, though.
Whether the Asia server is popular due being new or having a freemium model is something we can't quite tell ......yet

As for me, i play cause i have friends here and the style is charming. I mostly agree that theres to much farming but its also changing slowly. The game is prob completely different in a year or so.
asia server is free 2 play, not a freemium model, subribers have access to government stuff and +15%, all the other content of the game is free, the shop will not sell OP itens, will be like this one, and the community it's way better and it doesn't feel like a single player game AT ALL like I used to fell here

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté February 10, 2014, 13:44:17 | #30
Yeah, but that server is new, we will see how is it gonna be in a few months.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté February 10, 2014, 14:15:37 | #31

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 10 February 2014 13:44) *
We'll all still be there

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-10-08
posté February 10, 2014, 14:16:46 | #32

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 10 February 2014 13:44) *
it's not ''fresh new'' but yeah I hope it does good i'm enjoying so far ( btw remi and nox aren't doing that good)

This post has been edited by MrBlacker - February 10, 2014, 14:17:22.
Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2011-03-23
posté February 10, 2014, 16:51:45 | #33

Quote (Hudski @ 08 February 2014 05:13) *

What will solve everything is the developers making this game p2p-speed, not f2p-speed.

What do you mean with f2p and p2p speed?
Aren't p2p games usually grindy so people stick around longer and keep paying the subscription? Feels to me that Wakfu is following that exact logic.
Then look at for example Guild Wars 2, yes it requires a one time purchase, but after that it's no different from a f2p game. What they do there is regular (1-2 times a month) content with temporary shop items that are a part of this content. That new content can usually be completed quite quickly and they get a good amount of money from the temporary shop items they add every time. It's not much of a grindy game at all (except for getting a legendary weapon or the best type of armor, but you don't need either to complete the content in the game).
Of course there are also f2p games out there that are very grindy (Warframe is one, though it's not really an mmo) and p2p games that aren't grindy at all. which is why I wonder what these f2p and p2p speeds are that you mention.

With the amount of classes in game, it suprises me that Ankama hasn't tried to follow the LoL model, f2p and unlock extra classes at a cost. Then do what guild wars 2 and other f2p games do and sell (temporary) cosmetic content in the shop. Especially temporary content can work well since collectors will want to get it while they can.

I'm enjoying the asia server with my friends at the moment, we actually run into people there which we just didn't the last time we played on the eu servers (which I must admit is like a year ago).

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-06-16
posté February 10, 2014, 21:51:49 | #34

Quote (boooosh @ 07 February 2014 19:31) *

Also by no way am I meaning to sound negative just treat me like a customer who is yet to buy the game.
There is still a lot to do while F2P.
The beginner Pappy Pal quest gives you the Multiman Astrub Knight as a prize.
There is the Spring Has Sprung event in Astrub, giving you 10k XP for fighting 5 pink gobbals. You also get tokens from the event, collecting 200 token gets you a pet, Tamed Abomination.
The Zinit quest gives good XP and some decent equipment for the level.
F2P players can post and buy from the market. (I am a guild leader and used the market to give unsubbed guildies equipment).
There are many F2P dungeons in Astrub.
You can do professions in Astrub.
Basically there is enough to do, and that is still fun while being F2P. Give it a week, explore Astrub, and its only $6 a month to subscribe.

~viyel-chan

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-12-17
posté February 11, 2014, 06:55:29 | #35
If you don't enjoy it, don't force yourself to enjoy it.

Not everyone in the world will be a customer, people want different things out of the media they choose to spend their time with.

I'm sure you didn't come here simply to have someone convince you to play it, you must enjoy the game to some extent to even come here and use your time to try and rediscover it. Honestly you should be playing the game and finding that yourself, no experience anyone can convey to you can come close to the experiences you could be having by playing the game.

Take a risk and pay for it if you feel a slight tickle of delight; but of course that's your risk and yours alone, and your enjoyment is from you yourself in how you choose to play this game, the game is simply here as a medium for you to entertain yourself, nothing more.

If you're unable to entertain yourself with Wakfu, then you should try another medium.

Tl;dr. No one can tell you how to fall in love with Wakfu enough to justify paying. You need to take a risk and go out and find that passion within the game, if you've exhausted all options and still can't find it, then you will know for sure that Wakfu isn't for you.