Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

Ideas for Promoting English Speaking Servers
Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté January 30, 2014, 03:42:57 | #1
Ideas for Promoting English Speaking Servers Hello! I'm here with a list for Ankama! A list of ideas that may help promote Wakfu's gaming population! I'd like to see how the community reacts to the list. There may be some things that you like, some things you may not like, or suggestions to help populate the English speaking servers. The goal is to provide ideas that can benefit all of the English speaking servers, & not just a specific one.

I am not suggesting the anime to be shown on a network(s) for all the English speaking communities by any means. I honestly don't think Ankama is ready to jump into a huge contract. I believe they do need to advertise to the English speaking communities with some other kind of method though. What do you guys think?

1) Does Ankama have their own English Youtube channel? They could post videos that we would see on the site here, & weekly interviews with the developers (could have subtitles) regarding changes. They would not have to post episodes of the anime of course because that creates a hole in profits from sales. This would be completely free, so what's stopping them? The worst that could happen, is they'd fail. Money is not an issue here.

2) They could also go to anime conventions found throughout the English speaking territories. Obviously they would need a hired team to visit these conventions if they chose to visit so many. This would be unnecessary. All they need to do is hit up the big conventions! The conventions that tens of thousands attend. Send team members who are currently out of things to do. If not, then simply send moderators from the game's forums. If you were a mod, & u were asked to go to a convention even with no additional pay, but the travel fees were paid, would you go? I know I would love to!

3) Have ads on other websites. (I don't mean sites people have never heard of.)

4) Commercials? It would obviously be cheaper than a deal with a network. It would obviously pull the numbers. More than what what we have now, & anything helps the health of the server. The only thing they need to worry about is pulling enough numbers to make a profit off of the commercial itself.

5) What if they were to get a slot for an interview on a national radio station? That is something, & all they have to do is call & ask if they have time.

6) Start a podcast. A perfect example of how this could work is how long Skype calls really are when Wakfu players get together. They seem to go on for hours.

Word of mouth is not enough to pull in the subscriptions. I do not care what is done about promoting the game, but something does have to be done! Even if they were to just add an advertisement at the end of their episodes on the English dubbed episodes being worked on.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté January 30, 2014, 06:11:32 | #2
Honestly they just need to create the ability to transfer servers w/o losing your gear. Charge like 6 bucks for it or something. That way you can get all the english speakers to not be so spread out. When new players join they wont see barren wastelands, but thriving communities. Then eventually people will start spreading out. That will keep new players and fix things imo.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2014-01-21
posté January 30, 2014, 06:30:37 | #3

Quote (IYesWayI @ 30 January 2014 06:11) *
Honestly they just need to create the ability to transfer servers w/o losing your gear. Charge like 6 bucks for it or something. That way you can get all the english speakers to not be so spread out. When new players join they wont see barren wastelands, but thriving communities. Then eventually people will start spreading out. That will keep new players and fix things imo.
i second this, out of all the other suggestions

posté January 30, 2014, 06:38:28 | #4
Thankyou guys for replying! I definitely can see how this would help. It can give us the option to create a busy English speaking server. More new (even old as of late) players will want to stick around. I like this idea as well.

I'm not saying I wouldn't like this to happen (believe me I would), but I was more focused on attracting more players, not taking what we have and throwing them together. Regardless I support your opinion. I would love to play alongside, and competing with the other English speaking communities!

Dokushuuuuu * Member Since 2012-02-19
posté January 30, 2014, 07:43:22 | #5
id hate to change servers.... also idk why your always so determined to try and force everyone to leave nox all the time yesway ;o; though you didnt mention it specifically from the majority of your posts as of late it is what i implied from it.

Community Helper * Member Since 2005-08-28
posté January 30, 2014, 16:24:00 | #6
1. It does indeed Ankama EN (which is share with Dofus and other things). Most of their videos are posted here. "weekly interviews with the developers (could have subtitles) regarding changes" I agree more of this would be nice, perhaps monthly though.
2. Such as Ankama going to MCM london in 2013. If they go again this year it should be better advertised the benefits for the players of attending also I am sure there are many other game events around the world they could attend.
3. They did this for Dofus I remember after I quit seeing Dofus advertised on various other gaming websites.
4.I do not know enough about advertising to add anything meaning.
5.Again no sure about.
6.They had a podcast and it would be nice for it to make a comeback click for episode one.
I would have little interest in listening to other players talk about Wakfu.

"Even if they were to just add an advertisement at the end of their episodes on the English dubbed episodes being worked on." This has been suggested by many people and I feel this is the best answer to the problem of advertising.

As players if you wanted to spread the word make some youtube videos. One of the biggest complaints of this game is its sandbox style were its up to you what to do. Many players are used to be lead through stories or quest or just given more a structure to work with in general. However this might be a discussion for another topic.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté January 30, 2014, 21:37:56 | #7

Yesway that literally defeats the entire purpose and reason that we came to dathura in the first place '-'

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté January 30, 2014, 21:58:03 | #8

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 30 January 2014 21:37) *

Yesway that literally defeats the entire purpose and reason that we came to dathura in the first place '-'
Right well that doesnt make it any less true. Maybe there could be region locks. Idk.

posté January 30, 2014, 21:58:32 | #9

Quote (JerryDB @ 30 January 2014 16:24) *
1. It does indeed Ankama EN (which is share with Dofus and other things). Most of their videos are posted here. "weekly interviews with the developers (could have subtitles) regarding changes" I agree more of this would be nice, perhaps monthly though.
2. Such as Ankama going to MCM london in 2013. If they go again this year it should be better advertised the benefits for the players of attending also I am sure there are many other game events around the world they could attend.
3. They did this for Dofus I remember after I quit seeing Dofus advertised on various other gaming websites.
4.I do not know enough about advertising to add anything meaning.
5.Again no sure about.
6.They had a podcast and it would be nice for it to make a comeback click for episode one.
I would have little interest in listening to other players talk about Wakfu.

"Even if they were to just add an advertisement at the end of their episodes on the English dubbed episodes being worked on." This has been suggested by many people and I feel this is the best answer to the problem of advertising.

As players if you wanted to spread the word make some youtube videos. One of the biggest complaints of this game is its sandbox style were its up to you what to do. Many players are used to be lead through stories or quest or just given more a structure to work with in general. However this might be a discussion for another topic.

1. Thank you. I see the Youtube channel now!

3. I suppose they did not get the reaction they were hoping for advertising on other sites.

4. The way I understand it (may be wrong) is that they would have to sign a contract with the network they choose to air it on. So they agree on a duration, how much Ankama will pay to advertise, etc. then sign the deal.

If they were to air the anime on say Cartoon Network, then they would have to come up with a contract. Say it will air for 3 years, & CN would pay them to air it on their network. If Wakfu's ratings are not up to par by the end of their contract then CN can resign and move the time to a more inconvenient time, or remove them from their network all together, & not resign. Since people have no idea that Wakfu even exists, I'd suggest advertising before, if they even want to, air it on tv.

6. Thanks for the link! I'll have to check it out!