Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

I think it is absolutly an impudence [sabi], [troyle], [azael]
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2013-04-27
posté January 28, 2014, 18:54:55 | #1
I think it is absolutly an impudence [sabi], [troyle], [azael] I think it is time to be straight because Ankama and die CM´s aren´t.

I can´t believe how all of you, Sabi, Troyle and Azael ignore what you are reading here!

• We ask for the drop-revamp for weeks now, but all we got is as an answer is:

We will update the community on the exact list of changes to test: Here.

you totally ignore what the community wants to know!

• We wrote a lot regarding the lag-issue
you totally ignored that and didn´t gave any answer

• We want to know who (and how) will take care of the german community
all we got is sabis presumption:

As far as Amara and the care of the DE community, that is something I am sure that Troyle is looking into.

• Azael promised us things to change especially in communication and how things changes since september.
All we got was unfinished things and things the community didn´t ask for?

• There are still HUGE amounts of Bugs in the game and the number is increasing with ever single update!
I think i can say without lying that i was the most active bug-reporter on Amara. I just don´t report Bugs anymore because the whole Bug-Reporting-System seems to be as inefficient as possible! Nothing changes if i post 100 bugs or none!

• You CM´s and DEV´s always shout for feedback but you just can´t handle it!
Yes espacially sabi is writing a lot but that is just like a little drop of water on a burning house!

The community (international and german) is not getting half the feedback it needs! We just get the information:

With our recent expansion to new territories (Ankama Canada, Sao Paulo, and Singapore) it has become more and more clear that a new and more international structure was needed.

Unfortunately this means that I have to leave the care of the International Community entirely to Sabi.In other words, I will no longer be acting as your Community Manager, Sabi will.Also, as one of our experts of the North American territory, Sabi is also helping us with many side responsibilities that leave her only little time to really focus on you guys.

You guys of Ankama are WAAAYYY to few people to handle all of that! I realy can´t believe what you wrote the last weeks.

Please do less colonization or hire people to care about the bugs and hopes and wishes of already EXISTING communities!

You are losing very very loyal players who believed in the potential of Ankama and WAKFU. I know everyone posts "you are losing players" and you may or may not can count that. Of course we don´t know how much new players subscribe and how much old players leave. Everyone who writes the "you are losing players!" argument has this strong feeling of losing hope and fun and have no one to adress their fears. That is what they mean.

Please be more straight! Don´t give us evasive answers all the time! Don´t tell us to be patienced! Don´t give us global drop-nerfs like the pp-cap and tell us the drop-system will be revamped and than never again lose a single word on this revamp although everyone is asking for answers right after you promised to never implement half-done things!

We are straight! We don´t lie! We are forgiving mistakes! Some of us are maybe a little bit impatient! But we are the most precious thing you have! Take care of us!

Although i doubt that i/we (of course i spoke to a lot of people before writing this wall of text) get satisfying and non-evasive answers on the points above, i hope some of you CM´s and DEV´s will read this properly.

Best regards from the most know German Sadida "Mistral" (in other words: please forgive if there are grammer and writing mistakes, i just hope you understand things!)

[Text Removed]

Edit:
Other points who mentioned from players below who get ignored constantly:

• Multimen leaving fight (group-symbol) and pp-lock for relics etc.
  • Advertising to bring new players to EXISTANT communities (we from germany brought this to speach weekly when we had a CM but never happend anything)

This post has been edited by [Sabi] - January 31, 2014, 00:16:36.
Reason for edit : [Forums Rules of Conduct - Rant]
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2013-03-08
posté January 28, 2014, 19:11:15 | #2

Quote (Frittei @ 28 January 2014 18:54) *
Don´t give us global drop-nerfs like the pp-cap and tell us the drop-system will be revamped and than never again lose a single word on this revamp although everyone is asking for answers right after you promised to never implement half-done things!

The drop tables are a massive issue. I can't believe how they left them half worked on, then implemented all this new content, then had to nerf the new content because leaving the drop system half complete left huge errors and holes.

JUST FIX THE DROP TABLES, then readdress new content.

You've brought up other very good points, but I'm going to stick with this one, as it would fix a lot of other problems... problems we wouldn't have if they just fixed the drop tables instead of leaving them broken :|

As a side note for OP- For English not being your first language, your post is quite structured and clear, no worries.

This post has been edited by cbunny - January 28, 2014, 19:12:24.
Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté January 28, 2014, 19:53:09 | #3
I agree that they should focus on the communities they already have and THEN when those communities are ok- expand.
They should also work on the basics of the game and THEN care of some little stuff. Whats the point of adding new stuff when the old one is broken?

Also, Troyle said that a lot is gonna change "in the next few weeks" when it comes to advertising and bringing people to the game. That was few months ago.

This post has been edited by Rokugatsu - January 28, 2014, 19:53:56.
posté January 28, 2014, 20:36:43 | #4
They have been incredibly evasive. The ignoring of concerns regarding Multimen, the possibly infinite delay to the drop revamp, SO MANY THINGS. I really don't want to write another list. Sadly, feel I might have to. We all might have to, just to squeeze some information out of Ankama.

Vamp'emo * Member Since 2006-10-23
posté January 28, 2014, 20:39:10 | #5
I still haven't seen any advertising. They've advertised for Wakfu Asia, but they NEVER advertise for the other English servers. Is it really that impossible to advertise in NA? Do you not care that Americans will never find out about this game unless they hear about it word of mouth? Canadians at least have a small amount of hope because of the new office in Quebec.

I keep seeing new content being added but content that was supposed to be added is still being pushed back every single month.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté January 28, 2014, 21:00:30 | #6
I recommend you post this to the French forum if you want a chance of something to actually happen. Here is the issue. Troyle never never never goes on this forum anymore except to make big posts. Basically the same with Sabi. She occasionally comes on to moderate threads maybe once a day. Otherwise she leaves it to the player mods.

NONE of these people actually have any power to change the game. They are COMMUNITY managers. They are basically nothing. If they want something they message the French Devs and ask nicely for info. Thats it. This was the issue with SE and this is the issue now.

Get a French friend or use google translate on your well written post and put it on the French forum and maybe a real dev with real power will actually see this. If not its a complete waste of time. Make sure to apologize for your bad French/ use of translator.

posté January 28, 2014, 21:35:47 | #7

Quote (IYesWayI @ 28 January 2014 21:00) *
I recommend you post this to the French forum if you want a chance of something to actually happen. Here is the issue. Troyle never never never goes on this forum anymore except to make big posts. Basically the same with Sabi. She occasionally comes on to moderate threads maybe once a day. Otherwise she leaves it to the player mods.

NONE of these people actually have any power to change the game. They are COMMUNITY managers. They are basically nothing. If they want something they message the French Devs and ask nicely for info. Thats it. This was the issue with SE and this is the issue now.

Get a French friend or use google translate on your well written post and put it on the French forum and maybe a real dev with real power will actually see this. If not its a complete waste of time. Make sure to apologize for your bad French/ use of translator.

It would be great if someone here who has some french-skills would translate my initial-post and stick it in the french-board. For us in germany we first adressed our concerns to [Mascha-Chan] nothing happend, than she quit, than we did the same with troyle, nothing happend, than in this forum (as far as our english is good enough) and now here is the wide lonly dessert of Ankama where our voices count as much as a hand full of sand.

Edit: Sabi if you may read this feel free to translate my opening post as a letter to the devs (why only having letters to the community?)
And you others, i am happy with your replies, becaus you there seems to be no hate speeches (which could happen in such a thread) on ankama, go on with writing your concerns objectivly.

This post has been edited by Frittei - January 28, 2014, 21:41:49.
Reason for edit : Edit
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2013-01-14
posté January 28, 2014, 22:46:03 | #8

Quote (Asthis @ 28 January 2014 20:39) *
I still haven't seen any advertising. They've advertised for Wakfu Asia, but they NEVER advertise for the other English servers. Is it really that impossible to advertise in NA? Do you not care that Americans will never find out about this game unless they hear about it word of mouth? Canadians at least have a small amount of hope because of the new office in Quebec.

I keep seeing new content being added but content that was supposed to be added is still being pushed back every single month.

Actually, Wakfu ads play all the time for me on NA sites. Places like MMO forums, Curse etc have it exclusively now. It was even purchased through a US ad company from what I can tell.

With regards to the OP's point though, it certainly does seem that very little dev feedback is occuring. We had a fantastic spike mid last year with videos, letters and a big push at bug fixing.....but that quickly slowed back to nothing. We're not the focus anymore but that doesn't mean we shouldn't still be receiving things like that to at least show that the developers are even hearing our concerns.

I would be interested to know whether the devs even read the French forums though, I mean, don't they have CM's over there that forward things all the time too? That's what I've gathered from my reading. I know they've had some direct posts from the Devs and such, and it really seems from Troyles videos last year that few people in their office speak English, but still, I really doubt given the massive wall between developers and players that the french have it any different.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-07-17
posté January 28, 2014, 22:55:52 | #9

Quote (Sindormi @ 28 January 2014 22:46) *

Quote (Asthis @ 28 January 2014 20:39) *

Actually, Wakfu ads play all the time for me on NA sites. Places like MMO forums, Curse etc have it exclusively now. It was even purchased through a US ad company from what I can tell.

With regards to the OP's point though, it certainly does seem that very little dev feedback is occuring. We had a fantastic spike mid last year with videos, letters and a big push at bug fixing.....but that quickly slowed back to nothing. We're not the focus anymore but that doesn't mean we shouldn't still be receiving things like that to at least show that the developers are even hearing our concerns.

I would be interested to know whether the devs even read the French forums though, I mean, don't they have CM's over there that forward things all the time too? That's what I've gathered from my reading. I know they've had some direct posts from the Devs and such, and it really seems from Troyles videos last year that few people in their office speak English, but still, I really doubt given the massive wall between developers and players that the french have it any different.
Well, I've never seen ads in the UK. I just found Dofus in Miniclip, cake back and now play Wakfu. That was the stretch of their advertising campain that doesn't even exist any more (Well, Miniclip exists but they brought down the link for Dofus ages ago)!

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté January 29, 2014, 23:03:59 | #10

Quote (IYesWayI @ 28 January 2014 21:00) *

This is so frustrating.. so the great international Community Team is just there to make the Community Managers, which are already influenceless, ignoring the Forum more? *sigh*

This post has been edited by Xell-Dincht - January 29, 2014, 23:04:43.
Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté January 30, 2014, 23:32:27 | #11
Hi guys,

I will now try to answer some of the comments of the first post:

My answers are in bold red to help see them.

Here we go!

We ask for the drop-revamp for weeks now, but all we got is as an answer is:

We will update the community on the exact list of changes to test: Here.

you totally ignore what the community wants to know!

The list of the current main features to test has been updated as well as each one of them have their own feedback threads: Here and regarding a complete drop system revamp I simply don't have that information and I prefer to acknowledge and show that at least I did see your posts instead of remaining silent until I do have the information to share.

A post was made to inform that a report is being shared with the team to look into all the lag issues and disconnections: Here.

• We want to know who (and how) will take care of the german community
all we got is sabis presumption:

As far as Amara and the care of the DE community, that is something I am sure that Troyle is looking into.

As mentionned by Troyle " With our recent expansion to new territories (Ankama Canada, Sao Paulo, and Singapore) it has become more and more clear that a new and more international structure was needed. As part of this new structure, I was offered a position that will help us develop and improve our global Community Management efforts".

Internal restructuring is in progress and I do not have any new information yet to share regarding the care of the DE community which we are happy to welcome on these forums in the meantime, and if I spoke German I would have been more than happy to update you guys on the DE website as well.

• Azael promised us things to change especially in communication and how things changes since september.
All we got was unfinished things and things the community didn´t ask for?

I agree that not every wishes that you have shared with us has been fulfilled yet, and some of them might not be possible but we (the CMs) have made sure to share a very long list internally including the other communities of the currently most requested features or features that you had already wished for in the past that haven't got any returns on or were felt like they were pushed aside.

• There are still HUGE amounts of Bugs in the game and the number is increasing with ever single update!
I think I can say without lying that i was the most active bug-reporter on Amara. I just don´t report Bugs anymore because the whole Bug-Reporting-System seems to be as inefficient as possible! Nothing changes if i post 100 bugs or none!

I am sorry that you do not feel like reporting bugs no more, as it does really help nailing them, but we appreciate your past reports. As far as the bug forum on this website, it may feel that it is unattended, as I am currently not having all the time that I would like to reply to each bug report to at least acknowledge them, but I would like to use this occasion to thank all of you for them.

Nonetheless I do read them to make sure that any major bug/exploits/abuse gets shared with the team in priority. I made note of your feedback on the bug report system and we will see if improvements can be made in the future.

• You CM´s and DEV´s always shout for feedback but you just can´t handle it!
The community (international and german) is not getting half the feedback it needs! We just get the information:

With our recent expansion to new territories (Ankama Canada, Sao Paulo, and Singapore) it has become more and more clear that a new and more international structure was needed.

You guys of Ankama are WAAAYYY to few people to handle all of that! I realy can´t believe what you wrote the last weeks.

Please do less colonization or hire people to care about the bugs and hopes and wishes of already EXISTING communities!

We have already answered and agreed with your feeling in the very same post that you are quoting. Again we are restructuring the community team meaning that we are going to hire another EN community manager shortly to better support the needs of our international community, we hear you and are taking the proper steps. We want to take better care of all of you. The moderation team is also under review at the moment, which you may see new moderators soon.

Please be more straight! Don´t give us evasive answers all the time! Don´t tell us to be patienced! Don´t give us global drop-nerfs like the pp-cap and tell us the drop-system will be revamped and than never again lose a single word on this revamp although everyone is asking for answers right after you promised to never implement half-done things!

We are straight! We don´t lie! We are forgiving mistakes! Some of us are maybe a little bit impatient! But we are the most precious thing you have! Take care of us!

I will disappoint you but the reason why I can't answer what is coming in 2014 and what revamp etc. is because I simply don't have that information yet and neither does the FR CMs (so sharing your post on the FR website will not help either), but as soon as I have anything to share, I sure will. The best way to also describe the reason is: January and February are basically a transition period for the Devs in order to finalize what changes and new features will be made for 2014. Regarding some of the changes to the drop rates make sure to check the latest update to the February changelog regarding the Sidekicks changes and their drop rate. 

posté January 31, 2014, 01:28:16 | #12
Sabi, I just don't understand how the Devs can nerf prospecting without addressing the drop rates at the same time - and then go for two months, prepare another update, and still not address the drop rates and PP caps.

It is.... I just don't know how to express what I'm feeling. Confusion, anger, sadness? This community deserves better than what they are (and obviously are not) doing to us.

Community Manager * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté January 31, 2014, 01:43:55 | #13

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 31 January 2014 01:28) *
Sabi, I just don't understand how the Devs can nerf prospecting without addressing the drop rates at the same time - and then go for two months, prepare another update, and still not address the drop rates and PP caps.

It is.... I just don't know how to express what I'm feeling. Confusion, anger, sadness? This community deserves better than what they are (and obviously are not) doing to us.

I am going to ask Grou to write up a post for you guys on that.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2013-07-08
posté January 31, 2014, 11:16:41 | #14
First of all thank you sabi for your reply. Now we know some things, like you will get an assistant (soon) and that, when you don't find the time to answer a thread, this doesn't mean you haven't read it. Although the last point is difficult, because we can't know you read something when you haven't replied to it.

Quote (Sabi @ 30 January 2014 23:32) *
Hi guys,

A post was made to inform that a report is being shared with the team to look into all the lag issues and disconnections: Here.

I'm not sure if your report tackles the issue we were complaining about in this thread.
This thread was created before the "Remington was down for a short time, let it rain Mea Culpa on us"-topic and was complaining about the lag that came with the java-"update". People have litte freezes or hick-ups which cost then time, which is especially frustrating in fights when your 30 seconds are shortened heavily. Especially since moving animation takes so long (e.g. if you run across allies the movement speed slows down).
The ignored topic this thread was complaining about is this one.
Some of us were able to fix the problem by changing some options but it didn't work for everyone.

This post has been edited by Xell-Dincht - January 31, 2014, 12:19:35.
posté January 31, 2014, 13:28:27 | #15
Thank you sabi for your reply!
And yes it is a little disappointing that you realy have that less information! But it again give us a look inside Ankama-politics. It seems that the CM´s are not to one who GET information it seems to be that CM´s are the ones who have to BRING information and if the communities cry loud enough they sometimes are allowed to ask a dev for something he does.

As it seems that you realy have that lless information i can only reply to one fact:

and regarding a complete drop system revamp I simply don't have that information

Troyle told us in this post that the PP-Cap is part of some big changes. I know that there are other posts from him where he told the same trying to explain something that he (like you) had no information about, probably.
Unfortunately Azael told us that there wont be any half done things in future (also some months ago in a letter to the community) and we still have no information what is the big thing that should come regarding better drops but we still have to suffer with the PP-Cap.
This is annoying and frustrating.
If you want i can also look for the Posts of the official Anakam-Staff (you, troyle, azael) and bring them together here in this text. But i think you already know what we know and can comprehend why this IS and WILL BE a realy big point of interest for us until we know more about WHAT and WHEN it will be done.

Last but not least i don´t want to criticize you personally but all communities who have to take their information out of this forum feel very uninformed regarding realy important facts. And as we are expecting some information on things we were spoiled with, it is pretty sad to got left with this excitement for months! Especially if the negative part of the bigger project is already influencing us in our game-experience.
We are reading all your posts very properly (at least some of us) maybe that is another fact why we feel that there are some information we need. For me i can say that it is not just a feeling that there are missing information because i can find all the posts which were made and bring them together to a big (and unfortunatly) incomplete picture of what is planed.

There have to be information regarding the drop-system somewhere inside the Ankama-offices. Otherwise Azael acted absolutly against his intent to never again do half done things. And this would be a pretty negligent customer care.

This post has been edited by Frittei - January 31, 2014, 13:32:42.
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-12-03
posté January 31, 2014, 15:06:12 | #16

im 99% sure they did that so they get more money from us, less drops = more time playing = more sub money for them, so they are delaying it the most they can, at least in their minds, because what they are achieving is ppl leaving.

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2012-04-04
posté January 31, 2014, 17:11:04 | #17
Not feeling like reporting bugs anymore as well, stopped doing that a while ago, but actually could've reported like a dozen of new bugs and glitches.. When you don't get any feedback, let it be simple "thanks, the issue has been forwarded", no surprise that you lose your desire to post on that forum section.

And I just want to quote Tommy yet again. It's a serious problem right now, drop rates have to be changed or pp cap has to be increased to 200 at least.

posté February 01, 2014, 01:02:41 | #18

Quote (Sabi @ 31 January 2014 01:43) *

I am going to ask Grou to write up a post for you guys on that.
Thank you, Sabi.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-08-28
posté February 01, 2014, 02:56:42 | #19
Sabi, when will we have your promised news about the Black Wabbit Costume?? You said soon, but it has been 3 months already and we still don't know anything.

Don't make me ask for another petition...

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-07-27
posté February 03, 2014, 18:09:23 | #20

Quote (Karakedi @ 01 February 2014 02:56) *
Sabi, when will we have your promised news about the Black Wabbit Costume?? You said soon, but it has been 3 months already and we still don't know anything.

Don't make me ask for another petition...

This. Please answer this question Sabi, would be much appreciated.