Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

Lag getting worse?
Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2013-02-22
posté January 19, 2014, 21:42:05 | #21

Quote (Neneko88i @ 19 January 2014 18:51) *
Its nice how it freezes at the end of magmog/necro dungeon fights
Nice? I think it's one of the worst things during boss fights or just at the end when u defeated enemy team.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-02-26
posté January 19, 2014, 22:49:31 | #22

Quote (Meowsa @ 19 January 2014 18:35) *
I've been noticing a lot more disconnecting during fights too, as well as a few second delay when casting spells these last few days. Move to a new cell --> wait 3 seconds ---> animation plays ---> line up spells and cast them ---> wait 3 seconds ---> animation plays for one ---> wait 3 seconds ---> animation plays for second ---> wait 3 seconds ---> animation plays for third ---> etc.
It's ridiculous, and tedious. I've never had that issue until this week's patch.
Fortunately, the game is still playable, for now.

It's murder with a panda. I'm always terrified of ending up still holding an enemy over my head. But worse than that is:
>try to pick up enemy in front of me
>nothing happens
>try again
>...
>panda picks up enemy and puts it back down immediately, wasting 2ap
>FUUUUUUUUUU

Also I have to hammer my SIT button a million times before my character finally sits. Same for opening my inventory or guild windows.

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-04-24
posté January 19, 2014, 23:15:48 | #23

Quote (FinroyThePuppeteer @ 19 January 2014 21:42) *

Quote (Neneko88i @ 19 January 2014 18:51) *
Its nice how it freezes at the end of magmog/necro dungeon fights
Nice? I think it's one of the worst things during boss fights or just at the end when u defeated enemy team.
Being sarcastic because it always happens in the best fights (UBs or dungeon boss)

Short Strich * Member Since 2011-10-31
posté January 20, 2014, 13:28:47 | #24
Often when the game freezes for a second, the camera moves. Which leads to skills targeting the wrong cells.

Quote (Merriden @ 19 January 2014 22:49) *
It's murder with a panda. I'm always terrified of ending up still holding an enemy over my head.

I also hate it with my Enutrof. The lag/freezes cost precious time and setting up mines is already time consuming. If i am unlucky skill uses will be ignored at the end of the turn, because time is suddenly over (although there are still some seconds left, according to the display. "Nice" when this leads to you wasting AP or the Dhreller isn't summoned because of it.

Ambitious Crackapult * Member Since 2012-07-03
posté January 20, 2014, 14:24:04 | #25

Quote (Elithril @ 20 January 2014 13:28) *
Often when the game freezes for a second, the camera moves. Which leads to skills targeting the wrong cells.

Quote (Merriden @ 19 January 2014 22:49) *
It's murder with a panda. I'm always terrified of ending up still holding an enemy over my head.

I also hate it with my Enutrof. The lag/freezes cost precious time and setting up mines is already time consuming. If i am unlucky skill uses will be ignored at the end of the turn, because time is suddenly over (although there are still some seconds left, according to the display. "Nice" when this leads to you wasting AP or the Dhreller isn't summoned because of it.
If you chose to move less than 5 cells the mp consumption animation is so slow. Specifically on earth enutrof. It is worse when you are trying to travel longer distances and you want to pass by a cell adjacent to an ally... at which point the enutrof slows down.

It is fine for other classes who do not move much. But to wait to become a Drhzerker and then to consume mp .... just to get a chance to attack is pure torture.

And then to actually lag in mid process of that turn.
The pain

This post has been edited by aquabeauty - January 20, 2014, 14:27:21.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-12-11
posté January 20, 2014, 15:23:57 | #26
Everything that's been brought up is also happening for me. It's horrible. The biggest challenge in fights now it whether i'll be able to complete the basic actions without screwing up. With Challenges now I need that full 30 seconds most times to perform my actions while maintaining the Challenge.

Moving then casting spells for the lag to catch up and wasting a spell on empty square. Xelor is the worst. i'm spamming Sandglass on an empty square only to find out it lagged and instead of casting a spell i move to the square.

This issue is not related to having multiple clients open either. This happens whether i'm playing one or three characters.

It greatly affects my enjoyment of the game. Is the consensus that this is game related and not my PC? I've reformatted my PC trying to solve this issue with no success.

Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2012-04-04
posté January 20, 2014, 15:40:11 | #27
It's still there, people are suffering, what Ankama does? Nothing, as always.
I've tried Sabi's suggestion, didn't work. What bothers most of all that the game was okay before that java update, so there's clearly no fault at users' side.
Taking more than 3-4 actions/turn is nearly impossible now. Can't count how much times I clicked on an empty cell or simply didn't finish my combo. Started to reload my client every 30 minutes or so, it's either annoying. Now I'm so sick of it and just wondering, Ankama is really going to ignore this problem forever?..

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté January 20, 2014, 15:41:10 | #28

Quote (Seguchi-sama @ 20 January 2014 15:40) *
Ankama is really going to ignore this problem forever?..
Thats worked for them so far!

posté January 20, 2014, 18:21:59 | #29

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 20 January 2014 15:41) *

Haha!

has it really?? O.o

Edit: I just realized something. When i reformatted my PC the game ran flawlessly for the first time i logged in. This was probably because i never updated my Java or whatever fully before that point.

Is there anyway I can use that to my advantage?

Short Strich * Member Since 2011-10-31
posté January 21, 2014, 17:49:36 | #30

Quote (Soundtrack8 @ 20 January 2014 15:41) *

._.

I know Troyle is away since about a month and Sabi is only posting in her own threads and ignoring the rest of the Forum since quite a while, but i have stille hope that we may read the "i talked to the devs and told them your problem"-line.

I mean seriously. The java update made your players experience lag issues, even if their computer, internetconnection and graphic cards could handle multiple clients before?
You know there is a reason your playerbase calls the game Bugfu? And still so many threads in the bugsection left unanswered - during the last couple of days even each one was ignored and left unanswered..

Well, i think since its been multiple weeks sind the Java-"upadate" we finally deserve a fix, before we remember there are MMORPGs out there that which have a client that doesn't has build-in lags, with much better graphics and you only have to pay once to pay them forever. I mean, it's certainly not the only problem Wakfu suffers from, but the lag issue is the most annoying and unbearable one. And until now, Ankama didn't seem to be doing something about it.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2013-11-22
posté January 22, 2014, 13:57:22 | #31
I Came back after winter holiday and noticed performance drops/memory leak issues every 10-15 minutes, and thought something was wrong with my system. I noticed I hadn't updated my Jawascript, so I figured it had to be that. After that did nothing, I had to come here and see if this was a persistent problem among the playerbase. Good to see that this is at least something they are aware of.

I hope.

P.S. maybe the next game will be coded properly (sans jawascript/flash).

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2011-11-28
posté January 23, 2014, 11:24:24 | #32
Anyone had this problem in a fight and then your spells won't work/target the wrong area? I play with two accounts and it always happens to the same one (with my main Xelor. Coincidence?) while my second (weaker) account can just play like normal and be killed.

It's not real lag. You see the time move on and you can select spells and places to move, but it just doesn't happen for several turns in a row or till after the fight is over.

posté January 23, 2014, 15:56:33 | #33
I'm probably going to jinx myself here but the skips and lags that have continuously plagued me seem to be much much less since I changed two settings for Wakfu.

1. In the Wakfu folder open the config file and select "Use the java version shipped by Ankama"
  2. In the in game menu, under video options, unselect the "Activate vertical synchronization"

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-02-26
posté January 23, 2014, 16:38:30 | #34

Quote (Gynrei @ 23 January 2014 15:56) *
  1. In the Wakfu folder open the config file and select "Use the java version shipped by Ankama

Can you elaborate on this? I don't know which file you mean, and where it's located.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-03-15
posté January 23, 2014, 16:50:59 | #35

Quote (Merriden @ 23 January 2014 16:38) *

1. In the Wakfu folder open the config file and select "Use the java version shipped by Ankama

Can you elaborate on this? I don't know which file you mean, and where it's located.

Pretty much useless if you're under Windows. Windows client uses shipped Java version regardless of your selection.

This post has been edited by Domo83 - January 23, 2014, 16:53:37.
Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2013-03-08
posté January 23, 2014, 18:36:51 | #36
Same as everyone, lag and even worse since the patches. I'm a mac user.
The freezing will actually cause the game to crash now, not just bad lag. It happens at 5th bond or anywhere there is a lot of activity on the screen.
Lagging in fights will cause me to not get everything done. Summoning doll seeds will lag while my time ticks away :/

posté January 23, 2014, 18:48:52 | #37

Quote (Domo83 @ 23 January 2014 16:50) *

Quote (Merriden @ 23 January 2014 16:38) *

Pretty much useless if you're under Windows. Windows client uses shipped Java version regardless of your selection.

Oh that's right, it's the button left of minimize on the Wakfu client. Thanks Domo, it may have been your post in another thread that led me to change these settings.

I'm using Windows 7 so whether this option is helping for sure i can't say. I changed both at the same time and refuse to test if only one is helping for fear i lose my improved game play.

This post has been edited by Gynrei - January 23, 2014, 18:49:48.
Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2006-01-31
posté January 23, 2014, 19:06:15 | #38
If anyone does this & has positive results, please say so! Enough people chiming in might get some kind of official acknowledgement, if not announcement for everyone.

posté January 24, 2014, 15:27:28 | #39
I had another lengthy night of game play last night and the lag/skips have not returned. I'd say it was successful for me. Hopefully everyone else will be as lucky.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-08-28
posté January 25, 2014, 03:20:59 | #40

Quote (Gynrei @ 16 December 2013 16:15) *
I really hope they fix it soon. I have this issue and when playing certain classes like Xelor it's troublesome to say the least. If i don't have my actions decided before my turn starts i can't use all my AP. I need every second to get through the animations. It affects how much i enjoy the game.

Exactly this, but for me it's on my Enu (I don't have a Xelor). Changing to Drhellzerker takes 3-5 seconds time, walking takes 3-5 seconds time and using spells takes 5 seconds time each. In worst cases I end up changing back to enutrof again because I didn't have time to cast a spell..