FR EN ES PT
Browse forums

Overall View of Relic System

By arthuriko1 2013-12-16 04:26
Well, after the last patch I got all hyped about relics again. I really wanted to farm the fragments, and I started doing so in Black Wabbit dungeon. The problem is: after 10 runs, I only got 2 fragments. That's not running it with 1 character, I use 6 accounts to farm it. "Yea, perfectly normal, they're a low chance drop" you say. Ok, I kinda agree, but let's look at some numbers:

• The average run time of BW dun is around 1,5+ hour (with challenges)
  • You need 100 fragments (just in case someone doesn't know)
  • The average player has around 4 hours a day to play
  • Thus Getting 100 fragments would mean spending almost a thousand hours on that same dungeon (or mobs), which is a freaking hell lot of days for the average player

Ok, now back to myself. I've had around 2,5 free hours per day these last days. That means 1 BW run a day. So I've been doing it for a week and only got 2 fragments. If I keep on being unlucky with those, it would mean 50 weeks (hahahahahaahaha) for one freaking relic, or even more, if it gets worse. Even if I were lucky, it would mean an insaaaane amount of time. Say I'd get 1 fragment a run (which is veeeery lucky), it'd still take me 150 hours.
Going back to an important fact now: I use 6 accounts. If it's hard for me, imagine for someone going with only one or two accounts. It's impossible. Yes, I said it: i-m-p-o-s-s-i-b-l-e.

I wonder how we're supposed to get them. I mean, BW dungeon doesn't even take that long, compared to others (Wa Wabbit, so far).

Don't get me wrong, I don't want relics to be easy to get, as some would say. I just want to be able to get them, because, really, I'm not, right now. There's no point in even trying it: it's not fun at all and it would mean sacrificing a lot of stuff in my life for a stupid game. I wonder what ankama expects from their players, or even if ankama wants us to get any relics.

Well, that's my point about it. I'll probably leave the game again soon, because it's too grindy to balance with my life. Feel free to add anything you want.
Reactions 93
well to be fair even if it took you 50 weeks you'd be right there with those of us that got the ones for 365 daily quests. ;D
Elistah|2013-12-16 05:49:59well to be fair even if it took you 50 weeks you'd be right there with those of us that got the ones for 365 daily quests. ;D

You forget we're talking about grinding BWs all the time we can, and not collecting stuff/buying from the market tongue 
If relics use to have a drop rate 10x harder than legendary items, then shouldn't there be 10 fragments instead of 100? The effort far outweighs the rewards. sad 
SeriousBelly|2013-12-16 07:34:46If relics use to have a drop rate 10x harder than legendary items, then shouldn't there be 10 fragments instead of 100? The effort far outweighs the rewards. sad
it would be 10 fragments at 0.1% per frag

wouldn't you rather it be 100 1% drops o.o
MiniMikeh|2013-12-16 07:44:43
SeriousBelly|2013-12-16 07:34:46If relics use to have a drop rate 10x harder than legendary items, then shouldn't there be 10 fragments instead of 100? The effort far outweighs the rewards. sad

To be honest? No.

I'd rather have 10*0.1% drops than 100*1% drops, if they're even 1% drops, which I'm sincerely doubting at this moment.

I break the lock on so few occasions that I'd rather be one tenth of the way every time I'm lucky enough to get a fragment, not one hundredth. It's infinitely more demotivating to get one out of one hundred fragments than it is to get one out of ten. Especially since the moments you actually do break the lock in a normal group are kinda sparse, IE, limited to only when you complete a challenge.
Hudski|2013-12-16 08:11:02
MiniMikeh|2013-12-16 07:44:43

To be honest? No.

I'd rather have 10*0.1% drops than 100*1% drops, if they're even 1% drops, which I'm sincerely doubting at this moment.

I break the lock on so few occasions that I'd rather be one tenth of the way every time I'm lucky enough to get a fragment, not one hundredth. It's infinitely more demotivating to get one out of one hundred fragments than it is to get one out of ten. Especially since the moments you actually do break the lock in a normal group are kinda sparse, IE, limited to only when you complete a challenge.
now that im thinking about it youre right '-'

it's kinda like earlier when we were running amb wing and I was like "man im not even excited for the possibility of us dropping a shard" cause its like wow 1/100th of a solomonk

congratulations such accomplishment
I ran BW twice with guildies, on those both runs I've dropped a total of 2 Shards. Now, I look at my progress and I'm like, "Fuck, now I need 98 more"

Honestly, I much rather have the old relic drop rate system instead of gathering 100 shards. It's insaneeee. By the time I actually gather up those 100 shards, new content will be out completely nullifying the relic stats because I wont be needing it.
Hahaha. I some how managed to drop a solomonk fragment the first time I teamed up with someone to hunt Northern chafs. But I'm not gonna lie. I'm looking at a 99 fragment wall here. I'd rather have the old drop system back. It's -much- less crushing for me to think about being lucky enough to drop the thing rather then stare at this fragment.
Of course, you could start selling those fragments on the market and make mad Kamas. Then there'll be one poor sap out there, running around with a relic while you're rollin'in the dough! smile 
Shouldn't have bitch about the old relic drop rate...this new drop rate is by far worst than just dropping the relic.
Not trying to make anyone scared but.

These are the requirements for level 100 relics.

What about level 200 relics

XD

LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
Well, I didn't like the old relic system either. I was one of those who even quit because of it. I did ask for a new relic system. What ankama doesn't seem to understand is that i asked for a better system and not something as shitty as, or even worse than, what it was. I feel like I'm done with ankama's shit. The game has no purpose and progressing is pretty impossible for someone with few gaming hours.
If you could actually farm them with 6 accs in any reasonable amount of time then they couldn't be reasonably called 'relics'. Devs intended them to be rare, some equip that not everyone has. So just sell your pieces and give up on relics and just run dungs for fun. Although relics have ridiculous stats you can have only one at a time and it'll be overshadowed by your other gear anyway. It's NOT worth wasting hundreds of hours on it for sake of relic alone but it could be a nice side effect.
grou's math, to waste people's timehappy 
A single person is not supposed to drop them alone, but buy pieces from market or have entire guilds pool their pieces. Do NOT pretend that farming all pieces with 6 accs is in any way what devs intended.
erisolsprite|2013-12-16 14:50:41A single person is not supposed to drop them alone, but buy pieces from market or have entire guilds pool their pieces. Do NOT pretend that farming all pieces with 6 accs is in any way what devs intended.
Do NOT pretend that what they intend is reasonable. Having to farm it as guild is fucking stupid, that'd never work. Nobody will want to cooperate in this fucking grindy task for ppl other than themselves, you just went full retard.
erisolsprite|2013-12-16 14:50:41A single person is not supposed to drop them alone, but buy pieces from market or have entire guilds pool their pieces. Do NOT pretend that farming all pieces with 6 accs is in any way what devs intended.
I might be one of the only people who think this but i believe that everything in the game should be reasonable for someone who doesnt have a guild backing them, or tons of money, to do. It should be harder for these people cause relics are supposed to be hard to get, but it shouldnt take someone running six accounts a year, give or take a few weeks, to get. Almanax was a different case because it was a quick daily quest but players should have to do something that takes up almost all their time every day for that long.
Relics are not a necessity; if you're not having fun farming the fragments to the point of wanting to quit, just sell the fragments and run things you find more enjoyable.
Pimento2|2013-12-16 15:34:24Relics are not a necessity; if you're not having fun farming the fragments to the point of wanting to quit, just sell the fragments and run things you find more enjoyable.
I think its more the idea of being teased. Like ankama made these items to show how strong you could be with the perfect gear. But are just lyk nup.
I dont really think relics should be a special elitists club either, as it currently seems to be.. this is meant to be a sandbox game! Let pvp decide? :p
.1 drop rate for 10 fragments doesn't seem to bad, would they also drop on bosses?
---
Lots of people seem to believe the drop rates are broken? I wonder if Ankama could confirm anything... r is they misplaced a decimal? ohmy
Respond to this thread