269 Posts (0.36 per day)
Most active in : Log Book
posté January 24, 2014, 22:10:17 | #1
So kawaii desu ne! ~

Thread : News  Preview message : #669009  Replies : 37  Views : 2107
posté November 10, 2013, 16:03:22 | #2

Quote (TheMightyShell @ 10 November 2013 00:17) *

Quote (AngelicPorcelain @ 09 November 2013 23:05) *
and they are still going along with the stupid auto leadership change thing without adding more days at least.. well done ankama... well done..

i quit.
Its a good change. If you can't be motivated to log in once every 45 days, you can't be expected to run a guild.
Obviously this has nothing to do with motivation in logging the game or not, i think you must be missing the point and with all due respect kind sir clearly you understand nothing about real life if you can say that without considering why people disagree with this new change, even if its just for the sake of the days being too short. On Dofus it's what, at least 60 days which imo is more reasonable.

This post has been edited by AngelicPorcelain - November 10, 2013, 16:10:55.
Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #632105  Replies : 298  Views : 14592
posté November 09, 2013, 23:09:55 | #3

Quote (PidgeonX @ 09 November 2013 21:48) *
What is written below is also written on the changelog for the november update. Because of all the reactions to all the diffirent changes the topic, which is very important to me, is kind of overshadowed. To discuss the topic at length I decided to take the discussion here. I wonder what your opinions on it are, but I'm really sad about this change and hope Ankama can at least make it optional for guilds to have this automatic leader switch, instead of it being imposed on guild leaders. Like by switching on an automatic switch right, at the guild leaders rights.

Of all other parts of the update I'm really quite positive, and I'm looking forward to it a lot. It's just this one thing that really bothers me. Here is why:

"Automatic inactive Leader change: If a guild leader doesn’t log in for 45 days, his rank will automatically be changed to a lower hierarchy rank (see above for hierarchy). The highest hierarchy member, if not inactive in the last 15 days, will automatically be named Leader. If no member fulfills these requirements, nothing will happen until a member does."

This is the biggest nonsense ever! Having or leading a good guild costs an enormous ammount of time. For me this is one of the main reasons to play the game and I've infested the majority of all my time and money in there. I try to lead my guild in a moral and ethical way, trying to inspire my members to play kind of in the same attitude, that being: be nice to others, don't do stuff you wouldn't like to be done to yourself, don't go out and revenge kill, talk things over, rather than fight over things. By leading and (trying to) inspiring guilds in that manner a guild become a manifestation of morals and become a reflection of those morals and ways of playing [in turn, the leaders become a reflection of the guild. Having someone else lead this, might influence what others think of those first leaders. This way, changing guild leader automatically might be abused in a slander-like way]. The guilds are an achievement of the leaders and all the wonderful people that have helped making it possible.

IT does sound a bit materialistic, but for a good guild leader, that is what they play for, to achieve just that. Being the guild leader, and especialy the guild creator with such a vision in the back of their mind a guild is like a child of the leaders morals and values. If the leader decides to take a break from the game, the guild should be able to continue in the same fashion. But passing the guild over to someone else, without the leaders consent; the consent of the creator, mind, heart and soul of a guild. That is cruel, thievery almost. Your child will always remain your child, you can't transfer them to their next best parent automatically. I would feel victim of a huge theft if this happened to me. I've lead several guilds in Dofus, back in 2005-2010. Those guilds still remain on characters of me. They symbolize a huge chunk of my memories of the game. Occasionally I log on in the guild that once was big, full of laughter, the ghost of that time still reflecting through the logo of the guild... It makes me happy I can still log to see that. [if someone decide to quit for a year, they should be able to come back to the guild they loved, guided and created. The materialistic part: it's sort of their property. Sets don't change to their friends when its not used for 45 days.]

Risking to lose that on Wakfu sounds rediculous, terrifying and saddening to me. I don't think I ever felt so upset about a choice Ankama's made.I don't want anyone taking over my baby, my vision and my hard work. They may lead it in my spirit when I'm gone, I would love that and appreciate it highly, but its still my memory and my creation with my sweat and tears in it.

[other or the same opinions, let it be heard to Ankama?

Thanks for reading.

-Blantuise]
... exactly. but do they listen? no.
like with everything that directly effects the players, they never really do, do they.
this isnt even really needed and no one really seems excited about it so far.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #631831  Replies : 73  Views : 1908
posté November 09, 2013, 23:05:07 | #4
and they are still going along with the stupid auto leadership change thing without adding more days at least.. well done ankama... well done..

i quit.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #631827  Replies : 298  Views : 14592
posté November 05, 2013, 23:49:52 | #5
so wakfu's player base will go from 20 people to 2 people at best, good job

Thread : News  Preview message : #629723  Replies : 235  Views : 5724
posté November 05, 2013, 17:01:10 | #6
Thank you for getting back to the community about this Sabi! ~

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #629365  Replies : 32  Views : 1232
posté November 05, 2013, 16:54:40 | #7
I love how Ankama is getting back to us on this topic/concern.
I'm pondering why they even bother with events if this is how it will be organized and monitored..

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #629351  Replies : 62  Views : 1665
posté November 05, 2013, 12:28:49 | #8

Quote (CloudyMind @ 04 November 2013 17:26) *

Quote (Troyle @ 04 November 2013 10:39) *

Guilds
  • [New] Automatic inactive Leader change: If a guild leader doesn’t log in for 45 days, his rank will automatically be changed to a lower hierarchy rank (see above for hierarchy). The highest hierarchy member, if not inactive in the last 15 days, will automatically be named Leader. If no member fulfills these requirements, nothing will happen until a member does.

It should be 90 days in my opinion. People have lives you know :p
this is true o.e

[I also find it a bit silly to do this, you lose control of the guild you worked very hard on creating, used money on, built etc. just because you had to become inactive due to emergencies, hectic work schedules from time to time or any relevant real life thing really.. why not make a automatic second rank that is also powerful and can take care of the guild (in Dofus all guilds have second in commands) until the leader is able to return rather than taking away someones hard work because they have to tend to real life for a bit. Tad cruel to me but okay....]
- oh either way, most guilds are already set up this way, with SiC's of some sorts i really dont see the point in this system.

This post has been edited by AngelicPorcelain - November 05, 2013, 12:40:23.
Reason for edit : i found i had more to say :P
Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #629115  Replies : 298  Views : 14592
posté November 02, 2013, 13:12:54 | #9
Happy Al Howin.. or not? Al Howin is my most favored holiday in Dofus in Wakfu, yet i find that this year its even more frustrating than it was last year... (sadly).

I understand that there is a separate quest line opening on the 7th of this month, which is fair enough yet i feel there has been quite a bit of confusion as to how things work this Al Howin on Wakfu. The gobbal spawn is slow and there are not enough for the player base in my opinion, you run around longer to look for the things than you actually take to kill them which spoils the fun, there has been stated in some other threads that if you kill a certain amount of gobbals that (like last year) you can unlock things and even complete part of the achievement. Which then leads me to the question of how we are suppose to keep count of how many we kill(ed) if it is indeed so? I feel in that sense, it was better organized last year. Sure there were bugs yet i feel Ankama addressed it fairly quickly, this year however there are players that are still unable to complete the witch hunt quest due to some bug (apparently). Shouldn't Ankama at the very least let us know that we have been heard and they are planning to help or fix things, no one expects of them to drop everything and focus only on this bug that only some players are having yet its sad to me that no one has really answered on this topic other than a mod i think.

As for the two quest lines that will be opening on the 7th of this month, i feel there should have been given more clarity about that.. it's very vague to just say that two quest lines will then be available.. confirm with us which ones and also which quests we can (or need to) complete before then so we do not lose our chance in gaining the really nice prizes one can get for completing them. I mean I really do want to try and complete both because i think the prizes are quite adorable yet there is a lack in information as i said.

It would be nice if they could update that for us so we can still complete everything because imagine the frustration in those that have been waiting on this event for the whole year, who would truly like to have fun and just enjoy the holiday in game as well.

So, it comes down to these questions - Troyle or anyone who's able to fix or help us on these things:
1. Is The unhuntable monster hunter and Howin Heaven's name...? the two quest lines that will be available from the 7th?
2. Will we actually have more information on what to do to complete those Achievements?
3. Will you try and fix the Witch Hunt (dungeon) - Diabolic Al Howin bug? and will we still be able to complete the other two achievements by still having that available until the 19th.
4. Would it be possible to add a counter so its easier to see how many Al Howin gobbals you have killed?

[End note: it would be really epic and awesome if Ankama could somehow manage to add a Achievement and Quest book into the Encyclopedia, we would have an easier way to fall back on those sorts of things and could easily link/post questions on certain things which would make everything easier to address and resolve in my opinion. Even if its just players commenting to help one another.] 

This post has been edited by AngelicPorcelain - November 02, 2013, 13:19:37.
Reason for edit : Blah. -.-
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #627727  Replies : 62  Views : 1665
posté October 30, 2013, 22:15:55 | #10

Quote (Poklop @ 30 October 2013 21:38) *
Hmm...

You know, I'm not entirely sure how it works in France, but I imagine it's a lot harder to get quality programmers and designers than, for instance, in Korea or Japan. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they've got a lot of foreigners working on it. That makes room for language barriers!

Either way though, doing what they do isn't exactly easy (I challenge you to try), and although the amount of mistakes they make can be ridiculous considering how much we pay, it's simply gonna happen. Maybe even more so because of where they are located and how big the industry is there, lol.

I wouldn't sit there and say Ankama has no respect. They're working on it. If they get it to work, surely they'd extend the time. And if it doesn't, we'll be compensated. I want all those goodies too, but I'm not gonna flip tables over them. The game itself is still fun without this event, and worth my monthly payment. I'm sure Ankama is overwhelmed already, because surely, this wasn't intentional.

In the meantime, gonna test the beta thingy. O:
Best reaction so far, agreed

~ Tali

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #626589  Replies : 32  Views : 1912
posté October 19, 2013, 16:41:26 | #11
If there is something that upsets me more than anything then its when people try and use excuses for being a jerk and/or trying to tell others who to play with.

It would have to be a cold day in hell before i ever let anyone tell me who i can or cannot play with, so if its death by association then so be it, anyone who feels they disagree with what i have to say can feel free to agro me in game since i know Kmatt as well. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course.

How is attacking others who have done nothing wrong but know a person, logic?
I don't see it, honestly.

I understand why Lurk used a irl example, the game is not real for sure yet for some, the friendships formed in it is. Keeping that in mind, be it irl or in game, we all have one friend that we care for but who does bad things every now and then, would you feel it's fair if you were punished for what they chose to do.. It doesn't make you a bad person for wanting to be there for a troubled friend, if anything it only means your trying to be a good friend. So to those that don't mind others telling them whats good and bad for them, who to know or not to know, be my guest and bow down to the what ever groups will but i would rather die than do so. Also, if you are taking out your frustrations on others who are innocent, then surely (in my opinion) you have to re-evaluate you maturity.

This thread is taking a weird twist yet some points are quite valid and worth talking about.

~ Talisa

This post has been edited by AngelicPorcelain - October 19, 2013, 16:42:46.
Thread : Politics  Preview message : #622151  Replies : 144  Views : 4030
posté October 18, 2013, 00:20:30 | #12
super duper awesomely kawaii desu ne! ~ x3

CONEY POWA! GOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :3

Love them

~ Tali ^^

Thread : Fan art  Preview message : #621585  Replies : 10  Views : 681
posté October 17, 2013, 21:05:36 | #13

Quote (Casey-Smith @ 17 October 2013 20:24) *

Quote (AngelicPorcelain @ 17 October 2013 20:01) *
Now that is what it means to be a nation! X3
ever consider running for governor? if not then you should totally give it a shot x3

~ Tali ^^
Well if all nations did this, and then were directed to this as the reason as to why citizens do not have bonuses, it might start putting pressure onto Ankama to do something... As it is, only a small amount of people have to put up with this 'ie Government' and people seem to be all too eager to vouch for the other side or calmly accept how things are 'ie say nothing can be done, and try to convince others to sit on their hands'.

I don't see why this isn't a viable option; it might make governments look bad to some people too, but it can't be fun to be government and have your days filled with looking after the eco-system of the nation.
Hmm you have a valid point, perhaps if ankama were to enable a new system where governors come together with troyle to discuss such matters once a month or something, we would all feel like we are being heard. Governors would have a much bigger and more important role already and communicating with your governor as a nation would have a purpose, currently people are just messaging the government expecting them to change and fix things yet they are not really able to do much.
Also true that telling people to let things go and just wait and see is easier than actually doing something about these issues yet ultimately everyone is still waiting to see what ankama has planned for us regarding changes to systems such as the government and outlaw ones...

~ Tali ^^

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #621537  Replies : 144  Views : 4030
posté October 17, 2013, 20:01:13 | #14
Now that is what it means to be a nation! X3
ever consider running for governor? if not then you should totally give it a shot x3

~ Tali ^^

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #621519  Replies : 144  Views : 4030
posté October 17, 2013, 00:18:46 | #15

Quote (Batmanoman @ 16 October 2013 23:45) *
I am Governor I cant be ignorant . I have resposibility .
Kurwa mać!!!
As many have stated already, currently the way both the government and outlaw systems are, not much can be done about this situation until ankama updates them. Honestly that's all i have to say to you, which isn't much.

- Tali ^^

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #621165  Replies : 144  Views : 4030
posté October 16, 2013, 23:43:24 | #16

Quote (Batmanoman @ 16 October 2013 22:43) *
safe zones shouldnt exist, because they are always used by mofos, good people are never atacked .
Outlaws should be unable to use zaaps and dragonturkeys, they should not be able to use markets, they should be token on maps .
Safe zones exist because people abuse the power they have, innocence or how good you are does not matter to some and i have seen and heard of many players suffering this way. When it comes to power and cruel authority things never work out fairly. It seems you hate outlaws, but remember it's a game of freedom and the option to be an outlaw is there, if you don't like it then just ignore them like others have stated and enjoy your game. Eventually outlaws grow bored if not given attention.

- Tali

Thread : Politics  Preview message : #621157  Replies : 144  Views : 4030
posté October 16, 2013, 12:42:57 | #17

Quote (Casey-Smith @ 16 October 2013 03:14) *

Quote (AngelicPorcelain @ 15 October 2013 19:00) *
To be honest, this thread is kind of pointless now isn't it.. I mean the whole point of having an outlaw system is to have people be more mischievous if they choose to play such a role in game. Try not to take things so seriously, the guy isn't doing anything wrong. If anything he is merely enjoying his gaming experience by making use of the outlaw system/option. As far as i know he hasn't stolen or been impolite about another players resources. As one of Brakmar's former Ecologists i do however realize and admit that it is quite annoying to have your hark work destroyed, yet as the nations government that is your job. Sometimes you have to suck it up and keep working hard for your nation.
Just like the Government, Outlaws also don't have that many options if they chose that path for themselves in game yet both are just trying to make the most of the idea that was implemented by ankama. My opinion, let outlaws be outlaws, everyone should have the freedom to enjoy the game the way they would like to play it.

- Tali ^^
Outlaw system = broken.

Government play style = verging unplayable because of abused broken Outlaw system.

Expressing frustration that this brings is not pointless; it is what forums are for, and can ultimately attract attention of those who can bring change to this situation. But it is getting kind of pointless now, since a large chunk of people have seemed to have put the position of Outlaw onto a pedestal, while shunning the position of Government as some great evil that needs to let the obvious abuse of flawed game mechanics run rampant or just put up with it and let it ruin their game-play while they spend large chunks of time replanting.
Oh i completely agree ^^ the forums are indeed here for us to express our ideas, opinions, frustrations and concerns etc. ^^ yet complaining won't get anyone anywhere, it's counterproductive. It seems we all agree that the government and outlaw systems are somewhat broken. Thou the ideas of those specific systems are really nice, its hard for players to take on certain roles because there's basically nothing to support them in the roles chosen. Please don't misunderstand why i said this thread has become slightly pointless now, i merely said that because most of everything being said has either already been mentioned or side arguments started which has little to do with the topic/initial concern raised.

- Tali ^^

This post has been edited by AngelicPorcelain - October 16, 2013, 12:47:17.
Thread : Politics  Preview message : #620933  Replies : 144  Views : 4030