Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

This war is pointless and counter-productive.
Speechless Crobak * Member Since 2011-06-30
posté August 18, 2012, 21:57:34 | #1
This war is pointless and counter-productive. Why is the war bad? Quite a few reasons...

1: Inability to group with friends of different nations.
Now some of you are going to say “just make a neutral alt to invite”, the problem with this is that it requires 2 slots or 1 of your friends to leave the group, takes time to make the alt (I spent 30 mins trying to make a new ankama account because there website was bugged), requires you to have 2 clients open (some people can’t do this, either they have slow computers or slow internet), people may also find somebody else whilst you are trying to get invited.

2: Weaker markets.
Now some of you are going to say “but brak/amak markets get stronger” a few points here:
Basing market strength of taxes doesn’t work, due to the war prices of everything have gone up so that makes taxes an unreliable way of measuring the markets because you get more taxes from more expensive things.
Basing markets strength of items on sale is a better way, lets look at this, If you count the amount of items on sale you will see that yes brak/amak markets have got stronger, BUT if you add all the markets together you will see a big drop in the total amount of items on sale.
Just because some people aren't selling on bonta market doesn’t meant that they are going to sell on brak/amak markets, they might just stop selling.
Lets have an fictional example, say before war bonta market had 10 markets points, brak had 3, amak had 3 and sofu had 1, now during war bonta has 5, brak has 4, amak has 4 and sofu has 1, this means that 3 markets points have been lost.
So so far the war means less items on sale at higher prices.

Now somebody is going to say “but the government's need the money”, really? do they? to do what? Change the weather? that doesn’t cost much, Change the challenges? but all the challenges give the same reward now. I’ve been in 2 governments now in different positions and there really isn’t much to spend the money on. Until the government changes happen the government doesn’t need money.

3: Paying to view the markets.
Before when bonta was the main market we had to pay 2k to view the market (travel home is free), now we have to check 3 markets to view all the items this costs us 6k to travel to all 3 markets.
Now some of you are going to say “but we can view our own market for free” not true exactly you have to travel back to your own nation (free) but then you have to pay to return to where you were before (2k).

4: Inflation
Because the prices have shot up people are having to mine more kamas meaning that there are more kamas in existence, this means that prices will rise and stay high, but earning kamas is still as hard, this makes it hard for new players.

/rant

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2011-10-25
posté August 18, 2012, 22:08:31 | #2
suddenly, i subscribe to every word that u said o.O

Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-03-14
posté August 20, 2012, 00:15:48 | #3
Maybe you are right, but I would rather see my own market, than lose 2 kamas and go to bonta, where bored high level players will kill me before I reach market square (in 2v1 of course)...

That happen to me all the time, so I stopped visiting Bonta market.

This post has been edited by mattus90 - August 20, 2012, 00:16:38.
Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2005-07-09
posté August 20, 2012, 20:46:15 | #4
Most of these points have already been explained, debated over, proved wrong or given an opinion about by the Amaknian government in the other war topic, named "war must end" (see Click here) please visit and read that, then comment again or ask questions that weren't answered.

Thank for your feedback, though.

-Blantuise, Head Guard of Amakna.

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-07-03
posté August 21, 2012, 07:07:27 | #5
Many not reliable facts there, sellers dont quit selling cause of that, and if they do, the number of people selling and start selling is bigger then the ones giving up, in your example, bonta 10, amkna 3, brak 3, sufo 1, you forgot 3 points, folowed by what i said bfore, that, doesnt happen.

Prices are geting lower on everything. Sometimes some things do get high, but not for long, In fact with the new UB content some items got really low.

Most people that watch over market frequently dont care about 2 kamas, if they do, they are mostly doing something wrong with their kamas =S

A lot of theory not working there...

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2011-08-09
posté August 21, 2012, 10:57:11 | #6

Quote (PidgeonX @ 20 August 2012 20:46) *
Most of these points have already been explained, debated over, proved wrong or given an opinion about by the Amaknian government in the other war topic, named "war must end" (see Click here) please visit and read that, then comment again or ask questions that weren't answered.

Wow so your going for the indirect answers? After all those are the easiest answers. You would love to hear that most of these points were NOT answered and ironically about 80% of the people thought that the war should end.

Teethless Sharkie * Member Since 2005-07-09
posté August 21, 2012, 12:29:49 | #7

Quote (Nanaers @ 21 August 2012 10:57) *

Quote (PidgeonX @ 20 August 2012 20:46) *

Wow so your going for the indirect answers? After all those are the easiest answers. You would love to hear that most of these points were NOT answered and ironically about 80% of the people thought that the war should end.

Thats not the case. It is just that the questions have been answered in another topic. Its against the forum rules to make new topics for existing subjects.. It will only cause confusion to have 2 topics about the same subject. Please keep comunication as clear as posible. Next to that it's truly counterproductive to retype things that have been said, so just check the other topic out, Spaz, and see if you still have the same questions and opinions. If you do we'll answer them as good as possible.. I'm waiting for a post of Spaz in that topic and I think this one can be closed since there already is a topic like this.

Also, we don't care about the opinion of Bontarians about the war, since we're the Amaknian government. As soon as 51% of Amaknians want to stop the war we'll end it, without hesistation. Fact is, and we're asking random people everyday, that most Amaknians want the war and I believe most Brakmarians do too.

Now please continue this discussion in the main topic on this subject.

-Blantuise

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2006-02-25
posté August 29, 2012, 19:09:58 | #8
You ask random people to determine whether to stop the war or not? How random is this? Do you get a different percentage every day? What percentages did you get thus far? How many people do you ask in order to determine the percentage? 10? 100? How often do you ask?

Featherless Piwi * Member Since 2012-01-22
posté November 04, 2012, 20:08:29 | #9
what is the point of politics if there is no war? this will kill the system and belonging to a nation would mean nothing, the only thing you can do seriously is probably just help grow the economy but every person from every nation can help every nation's economy, a nation is a commitment, tho i hope they release some sort of way to become nationless again since all the governments are run by mentally-handicapped demented 10 year olds. the point of this game is fun and war is fun, also war helps your
nation prosper as you limit your citizens to your nation's market ^^

now more organized fashion:
1: Inability to group with friends of different nations.
Now some of you are going to say “just make a neutral alt to invite”, the problem with this is that it requires 2 slots or 1 of your friends to leave the group, takes time to make the alt (I spent 30 mins trying to make a new ankama account because there website was bugged), requires you to have 2 clients open (some people can’t do this, either they have slow computers or slow internet), people may also find somebody else whilst you are trying to get invited.
nation is a commitment ur friends shoulda made the same choice as u, now u can say u met new ppl or ur friends made diff choice but hey war isnt always against the same nation, or at least it shouldnt be, this is one of the disadvantages of war but i suppose you can tease your friends and aggro them for real profit ^^

2: Weaker markets.
Now some of you are going to say “but brak/amak markets get stronger” a few points here:
Basing market strength of taxes doesn’t work, due to the war prices of everything have gone up so that makes taxes an unreliable way of measuring the markets because you get more taxes from more expensive things.
Basing markets strength of items on sale is a better way, lets look at this, If you count the amount of items on sale you will see that yes brak/amak markets have got stronger, BUT if you add all the markets together you will see a big drop in the total amount of items on sale.
Just because some people aren't selling on bonta market doesn’t meant that they are going to sell on brak/amak markets, they might just stop selling.
Lets have an fictional example, say before war bonta market had 10 markets points, brak had 3, amak had 3 and sofu had 1, now during war bonta has 5, brak has 4, amak has 4 and sofu has 1, this means that 3 markets points have been lost.
So so far the war means less items on sale at higher prices.

Now somebody is going to say “but the government's need the money”, really? do they? to do what? Change the weather? that doesn’t cost much, Change the challenges? but all the challenges give the same reward now. I’ve been in 2 governments now in different positions and there really isn’t much to spend the money on. Until the government changes happen the government doesn’t need money.
because thats the point of nation economies, in the end everything goes down to the name, point of nation economy is to get as much kamas flowing through the nation as possible, more profit for government and it gets stronger, nation economy best? more ppl come to market to use it, this weakens other nation economies and indirectly weakens the nation entirely, now you might say where does war come in? simply, limit your citizens to your markets, for example you can have war with some nation all ur ciitzens go to for market( they can use for anything they wanna use, as long its helping the nation, also they can reward guards and stuff n put better/more monsters to attract ppl )

3: Paying to view the markets.
Before when bonta was the main market we had to pay 2k to view the market (travel home is free), now we have to check 3 markets to view all the items this costs us 6k to travel to all 3 markets.
Now some of you are going to say “but we can view our own market for free” not true exactly you have to travel back to your own nation (free) but then you have to pay to return to where you were before (2k).
where you were that is your issue that is a game mechanic u cant change that, also again war will strengthen your market indirectly weakening everyone else and/or the nation u avhing war with and strengthening your nation

4: Inflation
Because the prices have shot up people are having to mine more kamas meaning that there are more kamas in existence, this means that prices will rise and stay high, but earning kamas is still as hard, this makes it hard for new players.
maybe it does, but this makes it rewarding for more involved players to give them higher placement financially so that's fair, also more kamas in existence means progressing the server itself so that is also progress. also, prices higher = +++ taxes and also this strengthens the market of a nation as the value of the fixed subject (item) rises, ppl from diff nations will come the nation to sell stuff, and because they are coming here AND you are limiting the citizens to your market using war to a specific nation, this means buyers will come to your nation and this means you have the strongest economy.