Class: Fire Sac
Level: 122

Name: Han Solo
Class: Earth/Air Rogue
Level: 126

Name: Arde
Class: Water/Earth Feca (600 Lock)
Level: 110

Content: Any dungeon above level 100. This includes Ultimate Bosses and the Villains.
Time: Tuesdays and Thursday-Saturday pretty much all day so long as I'm not at work or studying.

Thread : Events  Preview message : #708289  Replies : 15  Views : 579
posté February 20, 2014, 23:23:11 | #2

Quote (Celay01 @ 20 February 2014 06:54) *
More important question is what are hoodlums doing there? You can see their zeppelin chain at roof.

Quote (Major-Caligari @ 20 February 2014 16:18) *
Harebourg's dungeon imost likely the airship in which he's currently traveling, probably docked somehwere at Frigost (walls sorrounding the tower and still visible on the map, probably) at least that's what the untranslated quest which can be activated on the beta server implies... This is just a roleplay location, for goodness sake. Your theory is far-fetched even from my perspective, and it definitely says something...

Edit: The room on the rooftop is a hq of another faction from the Bossowl books, the Aprophetics. Therefore, it bears as much importance for the Harebourg arc as the hall of the Sisters of Dathura. No connection at all. Your theory has just been proven completely false.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #683227  Replies : 16  Views : 534
posté February 09, 2014, 13:11:24 | #3
After a little more thought, I think that second equip, the breastplate with the 2% heals, will be quite nice. It's perfect to help mitigate the little damage that Fire Sacs do to themselves while not healing them too much so they lose their damage, and Earth Sacs have so much hp that it'll be a moderately hefty heal to keep them running long enough for the healer to get to them.

The more I look at these, the more impressed I am. I'll be spending all of my time at the new island until I get my hands on one or two of these items.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #677169  Replies : 34  Views : 1379
posté February 09, 2014, 12:03:27 | #4
Rule #12: Every once in a while, or once every 100 levels or so, the Rng will bestow upon you exactly what you're looking for on the first try. Cherish. Rune it. Never unequip it. It won't happen again.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #677155  Replies : 17  Views : 537
posté February 09, 2014, 02:18:38 | #5

Quote (JoolsX @ 09 February 2014 02:03) *
The only good change coming with this update is the exp bonus to additional characters, which I will be using to make a cookie-cutter build Iop, since you never seem to nerf those.
Don't give them any ideas.

Question about the exp buff: Say my character in slot one is level 120, and my character in slot two is level 140. Character one will get double experience, right? Or does it only work left-to-right?

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #677021  Replies : 469  Views : 16799
posté February 07, 2014, 09:21:17 | #6

Quote (axemangx @ 07 February 2014 08:08) *

Quote (Bloody1985 @ 07 February 2014 05:22) *
One less account to subscribe!

Hope this nerf causes a lot more people to stop subbing their Rogue accounts. If I learned anything during my time here, Anakama only cares about their money, not their players' feedback.

What a poor way to go around fixing an "OP" spell by breaking the entire class.
You don't even have a Rogue, where is your viewpoint even coming from

Any smart 140 player can admit how strong Rogues are compared to everything else

your denial is delicious to me
You do realize that by saying "One less account to subscribe!" he was implying that he has multiple accounts, right? His Rogue is probably on one of the other 1-5 accounts. Furthermore, you don't need to own a Rogue to have an opinion on them.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #676299  Replies : 469  Views : 16799
posté February 06, 2014, 23:05:55 | #7

Quote (Gynrei @ 06 February 2014 22:42) *
@Toasty: I fail to see how a mob getting hit by storm arrow at max 2 per turn is much different than getting hit by firewall 3 per turn. The potential damage inflicted from firewall is extremely high for the AP invested. Should i compare it to other AoE's in the game?

I'm probably going to antagonize you further but... yes, I can certainly calculate the potential dmg from Punishment and Firewall. Every spell has a very real number cap to it based on your gear and your target. Why should Firewall be different?

Feca's are getting their glyphs 'nerfed' as well. They will only activate upon the start of the targets turn. Pushing, pulling, or pandas can't activate them multiple times. We don't know how Feca's new glyphs will play out yet. They haven't even been released.

I prefer to think Ankama is trying to stop the game becoming Roguefu. If they left this class as strong as it is more people will play them to compete. Many players bandwagon the strongest classes, this isn't a new theme in MMO's. I don't want to see that happen.

I don't think that's a great analogy. Ankama took away your screw-driver so you didn't poke the other kids eyes out in PvP when they're only allowed to use their bare hands (Forgive me if that was silly)
My point about the Sac's punishment and whatnot was that the only limit to the move is how often you can use it. The limit being put on Fire Wall is a very definitive line being put on the damage of the mechanic. Perhaps you're right in saying that all moves need an end-game that they shouldn't pass. All of the other moves in the game like Storm Arrow, Punishment, and whatever the hell you call a Xelor's blow-uppey thing are limited by things like Ap, Wp, and Mp, so maybe Fire Wall needs one too. Personally, I think that the limit of 3 per turn is too harsh of a limit. I'd rather see Ankama completely destroy the damage of the move as opposed to making it wholly ineffective after a handful of procs.

I think part of the reason that I'm so ardent on them removing the cap is that Fire Wall is one of the most technical and engaging parts of the game that not many players fully come to realise. Not many people can fully understand how to use all of the tools in the Rogue's arsenal to get the most out of the system, and now the one's that do are being punished for its clever use. For instance, I was watching Cie pvp in 5th the other day and when the enemy stepped outside the Fire Wall, I thought that would be the end for the Fire Wall until she could set it back up in a proper spot. Instead, she placed a bomb on the edge of the Fire Wall (that didn't further the reach of the Fire Wall) and used Barbed Wire to teleport the enemy to the other side of the bomb and back into the Fire Wall's territory. I can admit that I wouldn't have thought of something so clever, and I'm glad that there's a lot of interesting strategies that are coming out this strategy game.

Yeah, Rogue's are the hot class right now. And Cra's were too, not too long ago. The problem is that Earth Rogue's are still going to dominate, and even if they don't, another class will just take their place.

That analogy was far too silly and I simply refuse to forgive you.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #676067  Replies : 469  Views : 16799
posté February 06, 2014, 21:27:24 | #8

Quote (Brokonaut @ 06 February 2014 19:11) *
You may be onto something OP.

Fine tune the idea. 10 initial fragments combine into a [very] weakened version of a Relic. 90 fragments later and you have a completed form of the Relic, with the item evolving every 10 additional fragments. Per se a Solomonk doesn't get +1 AP until completed.

I'm not sure if the people complaining about an OP exotic AP item from the get-go are remembering there is a non-Relic AP helmet, epaulette, and pair of boots. You can do 12 AP without statting an AP and without a Relic through these means.

• Mango
Hello, Makabras part two.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #676017  Replies : 21  Views : 403
posté February 06, 2014, 21:24:56 | #9

Quote (Gynrei @ 06 February 2014 15:54) *
These dmg caps do exist. They are called "conditions" There are a ton of examples in game. Xelor's punishment is limited to 2 per turn, Storm arrow, 2 per turn. The list goes on and on.
I think the nerf was needed and I will be one of the few players that is happy for this change. I do agree with others that I prefer buffs to other classes but to balance Firewall something needed to be done. Firewall is a fairly unique skill. You can't exactly buff other classes to a Rogues level when they don't have this type of skill.
Only being able to cast a spell a certain amount of times per turn and/or per fight is completely different from only being able to do a certain amount of damage per turn. Tell me, can you calculate exactly how much damage a Sac can do with its six uses of Punishment in one fight? No, you can't. There are countless factors to take in like the Sac's hp, the enemy's hp, etc., etc.. With the upcoming changes to Fire Wall, you can calculate that. There will be a very real number that will be the cap on how much damage a Rogue can do per turn to every enemy, which seriously inhibits the entire Fire Rogue class.

One of the problems that I'm seeing here is that Ankama is only putting this limiter on Rogues. I mean, a Feca's glyph works in a similar manner. So, it's just as broken to have a Panda picking and putting down an enemy over and over again per turn. So why don't Feca's get the same cap? Why should Feca's be able to damage enemies multiple times per turn with their glyphs?

Quote (Karakedi @ 06 February 2014 18:01) *
Wow, so many people here "complaining/whining" about Rogue's while they are one of the most OP classes ever. I have read at least 5 pages of complaints about this class. But if one person comes here and complaints about Sadida's being nerfed to the ground, we get 5 hate pages :S

I would say, welcome to sadida's world. Ankama fucks classes, deal with it!! I am not saying that I am supporting Ankama but all this unfairness going on from Ankama's side and players hating is pissing me off. Now you all can taste some nerfs and know how Sadida's feel...
So your argument is that since Sadi's are broken, Ankama should break the rest of the classes as well? Are you a masochist?

Quote (Gynrei @ 06 February 2014 19:33) *
Since when is PvP the only justification to balance classes? That's very one sided.

Everyone does not lose when you nerf Rogues. The players using Rogues to beat content easier lose. It's an advantage that's been around for far too long. Saying OP Rogues benefited the community is not true. The players using Rogues benefit. They make the kama from sales. They get their drops faster. They move on to tougher content sooner. If you choose not to use Rogues or static without them, your group was at a disadvantage. (You might as well say duping benefits the community)

You keep pointing out things that just illustrate more reasons Rogues needed nerfing. The level of a dungeon is irrelevant. You say non Rogue groups take 1-2 hours while Rogues take 40 mins. Sounds like a MASSIVE advantage to me.

Again, we're not all losers. The real losers are the players not using Rogues to beat everything. The winners, obviously, are the Rogues. I don't know how significant this nerf will be. As you pointed out, simply bring more classes to keep monsters at bay so they walk through the firewall again. Enchance the wall with Feca glyphs and ranged DPS.

I want to point out one more time, I'd have preferred buffs to other classes instead. But in the absence of those buffs, this will do.
On the contrary. The players found a clever and relatively easy strategy to combat the difficulties of the higher level content, and instead of sucking it up, Ankama brought out the nerf hammer to ensure that their precious dungeons aren't being abused. I used to side with Ankama constantly, but this latest patch has completely changed that. Now I take the side of the skeptic. Honestly, I think that Ankama doesn't feel like coping with an evolving and clever player-community and just decides to take their toys away instead of making the content more challenging.

This is kind of like if Tommy's parents from Rugrats had taken away his nifty little screw-driver instead of finding a better fence to lock him in. Personally, I'd have fostered that creativity, but that's me. The point is, we do all lose, Gynrei. Not only will the level 140 Rogues continue to stroll through Wabbit dungeon with ease, but they probably won't even feel this nerf. At least, the non-Fire Rogues won't. All of the Rogue's pre-level 100, however, suddenly find themselves unable to solo a lot of content.

#wall-o-text

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #676011  Replies : 469  Views : 16799
posté February 06, 2014, 12:58:42 | #10

Quote (Sabi @ 05 February 2014 20:55) *
Thank you for the feedback guys, even if there is a lot of unhappiness, I will definitely also use this image for my report to illustrate your reactions.

I also agree that there is still a need to get the information earlier when it comes to changes on classes or big features.

As you have noticed already, we were also not able to provide you with a letter to the community, as we had first hoped to be able to post one every month, unfortunately all the necessary conditions didn't get together as planned.

We still do not have a date to share on this letter and the planning for the whole year, as we prefer to announce a date when we are certain of it, and not when we risk to change it, which would only bring frustration and disappointment.

Regarding the recent Rogue change shared in the February changelog, please make sure to check out this post as well: Here and share your opinion on that thread, so that we can keep all the February update feedback in that thread as much as possible.
Is it possible to report a Mod for posting off-topic information?

Don't pull attention away from the fact that you guys are bitch slapping Rogues in the few seconds before the bell rings at the end of the quarter. At the very least you could have given us time to mull this over as opposed to throwing it on us barely a week in advance. If I remember correctly, you yourself, Sabi, said that there was a small chance this "minor tweak" would make it into the Feb. 11th patch.

Nevertheless, there's no point in arguing this. Could you at least ensure that Rogues will be receiving a restat along with the Fecas? I'd say this is significant enough for a full overhaul of my Rogue. I mean, this patch as a whole is nearly enough to warrant a restat of all of my classes, but I'll settle for just my Rogue.

Good-bye, Fire Rogues.

Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #675683  Replies : 40  Views : 2042
posté February 06, 2014, 12:42:22 | #11
Personally I would love the challenge that the Ubs originally provided. I remember the days of all of the higher-level guilds appointing one man to stand in Wilds and watch for Excarnus to spawn night and day in hopes that they can summon the rest of their guild before any one else did. Those days were awesome. They gave us a hard challenge and had us come up with creative and interesting ways to solve the problems.

Nowadays, the only answer is just 4 or more damage dealing classes, and possibly an Eni and/or tank to come along as well. I can't tell you how disappointing it is to be a high level tank with 500+ Lock and still have to fight my way into a group and convince them that they need me. 80% of the content right now can be murdered without need for a devoted tank so much as them having the Eni of the group to stand in front and heal herself while the 5 Cras/Rogues (not any more, heh)/Enus/whatever-else-does-ranged-damage shoots over her shoulders. I can't wait for another Ub, or, better yet, the old Ubs to be revamped for level 200 with new strategies.

This post has been edited by Toasty4 - February 06, 2014, 12:45:14.
Reason for edit : Grammar is hard.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #675667  Replies : 17  Views : 445
posté February 06, 2014, 12:26:30 | #12

Quote (Sargent-Wiggest @ 06 February 2014 11:49) *
This update will be the true moment for Ankama to show us if they hear us or not. Go tru the foruns and you will see that most players do not want these rogue nerf.

Also take a peak look into Sadida's glyph ( manifold spell )

A great spell and it's bugged
Who knows. They heard us on the topic of the Villains island. True, the whole idea was still scrapped, but at least they retroactively put the two Villains we already had back in the game.

For over two years now I've supported Ankama through thick and thin. Never once did I not support them in their decisions. I didn't always agree with them, but I still gave them the benefit of the doubt and kept my subscription going. I don't think I can keep that up after this patch. With this patch, they are completely going back on multiple promises ranging from the Multimen needing keys, to only their cash-shop hammers being able to be traded, to them totally scrapping the wonderful and engaging Villain island. I was willing to look past all of that right up until they decided to place upon us an entirely unreasonable limit on one of their better pieces of work - the Rogue class - instead of listening to the community on how we think it should be handled. For the umpteenth time, Ankama is guessing at what they think is right instead of listening to the players themselves.

You've lost a lot of fans a long the way, Ankama. Try not to push any more away from your wonderful game. This mmo is a gem amongst the genre and you're completely stifling its progress and popularity by the dictatorship you've set in place.

Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #675653  Replies : 469  Views : 16799
posté February 06, 2014, 11:05:16 | #13

Quote (RynthOne @ 06 February 2014 03:03) *
Extremely disappointed in the Change to Rogue's firewall. I can see where the damage might be too high currently but to limit the strategic value of it, is very unfair to the players, its like saying the Iop can only use its 1ap spell 3 times per turn. Stop limiting players with arbitrary numbers. It completely changes how some people play a class and its very discouraging.
I'd very much like for every Dev to read this post. And then read it again. And again.

Putting a cap on damage is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. There's no point in playing Fire Rogue when you can very feasibly calculate the exact amount of damage they can doll out per turn. Not a single other class or branch in the game has a damage cap on their spells. You don't see a stipulation on a Sac's punishment that says "This does a lot of damage, but it caps at 1,000," or a cap on how much a Double or Nothing can do from an Ecaflip, do you? If a Sadida was doing ridiculous amount of damage with dolls, you wouldn't restrict them to using 2 dolls instead of 6. You would reduce the amount of damage that the dolls themselves do.

How about removing the damage-per-level part of Fire Wall? That alone will seriously bring down the damage of the whole mechanic.

Don't get me wrong, Rogues need a good nerfing/other classes need buffing to reach their level. I couldn't care less about their damage being lowered. It's the fact that you're completely reducing their effectiveness as a class overall, when talking about Fire Rogues.

Here's a thought: How about you just have it so Fire Wall's don't stack? That'd completely solve the problems of the double-fire-wall in the Wabbit dungeon.

This post has been edited by Toasty4 - February 06, 2014, 11:10:38.
Thread : Changelogs  Preview message : #675627  Replies : 469  Views : 16799
posté February 05, 2014, 10:22:17 | #14

Quote (Brokonaut @ 05 February 2014 01:48) *
The current Firewall nerf in place seems more in response to our abuse of double Firewall to clear the upper level Wabbit Dungeons including Wa with relative ease. Limiting it to three damage procs per turn cycle really invalidates the use of a second Firewall... entirely. PBnJams' current strategy to blitz Dragon Pig remains untouched by this and I highly doubt they're going to nerf the bombs themselves.

But who knows. I guess we wouldn't be surprised if it did happened, huh?

• Mango
A proc cap on Fire Wall is ridiculous. How about they just reduce the damage of the bombs, or, better yet, take out the damage-scaling-off-level part of Fire Wall. At the very least Earth Rogues won't be able to abuse the Fire Wall without wearing Fire Gear/speccing into the element.

Quote (PBnJams @ 05 February 2014 07:31) *
[align=left !important]Imo, if they nerfed rogue's pierce shot like in the beta client.. it should be 4 ap instead of 5 ap
Kind of defeats the point, doesn't it?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #675005  Replies : 41  Views : 1378
posté February 05, 2014, 10:08:50 | #15

Quote (DashH @ 05 February 2014 04:24) *
I don't like to use the forums, but I'm a veteran on Remington since beta days, I saw many classes getting nerfed, no problem, my feca was nerfed: ok, let's play, my mask was nerfed: ok, my rogue was nerfed: ok. But now what is the problem? why they need to nerf a class that is already nerfed before? I don't get it, plus they didn't told us anything, Piercing Shot will get a monstruous nerf, if you're gone nerf the % resistance ignore, you should at least increase the spell damage, it is not that high
I can understand the piercing shot nerf since it's quite large, but it does suck as it's the main spell of Earth.

The Fire Wall nerf, however, is ridiculous. 3 procs per turn? Way to neuter an entire branch. This was completely the wrong way to go about it. I'll admit that Fire Wall is strong, but this is way too hard of a hit. How about reducing/removing the damage that Fire Wall receives from your level? That shouldn't have been put in there in the first place. I can't tell you how many level 140 Rogues I've seen that are Air/Earth who have specc'd into Bomb Master and still clear entire dungeons like they're pure Fire. If you took out the damage that scales by level, then they wouldn't be able to abuse its power without sacrificing damage from their other elements. I mean, you don't see a pure Air Eni healing for 500+ per turn with her level 5 Water spells,do you? No, because you have to spec into the spells for them to be effective.

The point is, when you put a cap on how many times the wall can proc, you're putting a finite number of damage for them per turn. If you were to, for instance, reduce the damage of the bombs themselves or remove the scaling-off-of-level business, you'd be effectively reducing the damage without capping it off. There's still potential for great synergy with other party members and for the rest of the Rogue's kit.

Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #675003  Replies : 40  Views : 2042
posté February 03, 2014, 00:32:07 | #16

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 01 February 2014 19:38) *

Quote (Cake-i-nator @ 01 February 2014 19:07) *
Please no. Auto aggro is horrible. I hate it and it should never have been a thing.

No more counting tiles, endless mazes of dodging mobs and no more dying because the giant lvl 800 mob happened to move towards you the second you took a step.

Good riddance!
But this sounds sooo awesome... Wakfu as it is is super tame and has no risks to take.

I still remember when in Beta the adult drhellers were freed in one of the mines... Everytime people would enter the mines, a switch would go off in their heads and they'd go hunt down that person. MAN that was so awesome!
My God, those were terrifying times. A near black screen and all you see is this giant, bull-like blue thing bee-lining straight for you.

Thread : News  Preview message : #673587  Replies : 31  Views : 1102
posté February 02, 2014, 10:48:43 | #17
Wakfu Phone Apps. Does anyone know of any applications for either the Wakfu Encyclopedia/Wiki or Elements? This would fill many empty hours of mine on the bus and such.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #673351  Replies : 3  Views : 210
posté February 01, 2014, 10:13:54 | #18
Rogues are one of the best. They can deal all types of damage output, which makes them a great addition to any team needing some more damage. They can be up close (Air), ranged (Earth), or provide mid/long range and/or close area-of-effect damage (Fire).

That being said, the most popular end-game build is going Earth and splashing Air for when you need to go up close against someone.

Thread : Rogue  Preview message : #673015  Replies : 3  Views : 483
posté February 01, 2014, 03:24:37 | #19

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 01 February 2014 00:21) *

Quote (Agosta @ 01 February 2014 00:15) *

Quote (Nox16 @ 01 February 2014 00:13) *

Quote (MiniMikeh @ 31 January 2014 22:57) *

Quote (Agosta @ 31 January 2014 22:25) *
"dragon pig now destroys rogues bombs"
"bomb base damage is halved"
"bomb limit is 3"
"bombs are limited to 1 cast per turn"
"Enemies cannot be moved or thrown past a bomb's firewall"
"Enemies can only take damage from the Fire Wall once per turn." 

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #672927  Replies : 41  Views : 1378
posté February 01, 2014, 03:09:07 | #20

Quote (Meowsa @ 31 January 2014 22:32) *
What's with all the complaints of this recently? Do people not know how their looting system works?

For the uninformed:
Sidekicks have 100PP that, from my understanding, cannot be modified with gear or items.
Their PP gets pooled in with YOUR PP to give you extra rolls from the drop table.
The PP you get from your Sidekicks is not effected by the PP cap.
You can have your own 150 max + 100 for each Sidekick in your party that you own + candy + challenges.

This means that, the items your Sidekicks would have dropped with their roll go to YOU.
This is the case because Sidekicks don't have inventories other than their gear slots.
Their loot would just disappear otherwise.
Imagine dropping Solomonk frags on your Lumino and those fragments just disappearing into thin air.

We don't need to make it so Sidekicks can loot their own items, we need to be informed.
Would YOU like to manage 7 different inventories?

This has been a Public Service Announcement by Meowsa, AKA Caelael.
This isn't completely accurate. You don't add the Sidekicks 100pp to your own pp. Rather, each sidekick gets their own roll at the loot with only 100 pp, and you get your roll of 100 + whatever pp your gear gives you.

So, yeah. The sidekicks do help with pp in the sense that they help break pp locks and get their own roll, but they're not going to help you get 450 pp for one roll. In this system you're getting two rolls of 100pp (for each sidekick), and your own roll of 100 + whatever.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #672917  Replies : 8  Views : 377