No flash

Forum

Tropical-Ace's profile
Statistics
245 Posts (0.25 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté April 12, 2014, 17:46:41 | #1

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 12 April 2014 15:09) *
Does that mean there wont be any bigger update in 2 months? Like, no new content, no revamps ect?
It kind of looks like they're going to take the Dofus approach.

Update every month - First update content, then next month basic UI/Monster/mechanic changes.

Thread : News  Preview message : #715039  Replies : 25  Views : 962
posté March 29, 2014, 06:22:59 | #2
Buying Miss Ugly Set! Looking to purchase a Miss Ugly Set!

Post here or private message "Llama" in game if you're looking to sell one!  

Thread : Trade  Preview message : #708079  Replies : 0  Views : 41
posté March 25, 2014, 03:46:46 | #3
Maintenance tonight? Just wondering, Sabi mentioned that there was no maintenance tonight, yet there's a warning for a server shutdown in four hours on Nox.

Is there any reason for the change? =(

-Llama

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #705565  Replies : 14  Views : 368
posté March 20, 2014, 18:59:00 | #4
While I'm really happy for Nox's lack of a rollback I'm still in the boat of people that think there is likely a duping situation going on there. The sudden flux of Relics at the Almanx and the sudden price drop on certain items is a decent sign of something fishy going on.

My question is, while I understand the ToS and Ankama policy is to not disclose those who were sanctioned and what they were sanctioned for, is the community going to at least find out if a certain amount of people were banned and on which server?

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #697947  Replies : 74  Views : 1322
posté March 11, 2014, 13:37:07 | #5

Quote (VoidSettler @ 11 March 2014 13:16) *
Roll Again - that spell really needs to be allowed to be cast consecutively for instance.
As a high level Eca even I can't agree to that.

The reason they added the "one cast per turn" side effect on Roll Again was due to ecas just starting the fight, getting a bad card and going

Draws God ouga card...

Reroll : Black Bow Meow
Reroll : Hairy Moon (Summons Kittikaze)
Reroll : Fickle Dice (This effect does not go away upon rerolling)
Reroll : Ecaflip God Card

So now they have + 3 ap (At the time) A cat out, and probably 50+% damage. So they would go to turn. Making T1 Ecas pretty obnoxious.

Or they would roll into a Ouginak card and 1 Hp themselves so they would reroll 5 times in hopes of an Eca God card to prevent death.

Obvious this isn't even considering Fire Ecas who could probably get pretty lucky with rerolls non stop to have a nice winning strike T1

Of course, these are slightly outdated, and shockingly enough upon typing that up I'm more inclined to maybe agree on a Two casts per turn limit.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #690963  Replies : 79  Views : 2011
posté March 09, 2014, 13:13:49 | #6

Quote (Magma-Moon @ 09 March 2014 12:51) *

Quote (CloudyMind @ 09 March 2014 09:57) *

Quote (Magma-Moon @ 06 March 2014 19:09) *
In terms of nerfs, Wakfu is on the tame edge. Dofus is horrific for getting nerfed.
When dofus nerfs your class, it doesn't mess around. They send it back to the stone age. They don't just slightly decrease the damage of your spells there; they remove spell effects entirely. Just imagine a full on wakfu revamp of just nerfs. You should be happy that wakfu doesn't nuke classes in a similar fashion.
Well on Dofus I've not noticed any changes to Ecaflips, despite there being a nerf. So, thats wrong.
The very last update 2.17 had major changes to the Ecaflip class.

Not as "Stone age" as referenced by CloudyMind, but changes non the less. (They were the first heavy hit class since before Goultarmanator, which referenced from my first post is because the devs actually use fights to determine what should and shouldn't be changed, rather than a dart board)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #689935  Replies : 15  Views : 890
posté March 08, 2014, 04:23:59 | #7
Wow! That was an amazing read!

Thank you so much for your post! (And get some sleep, not often do we see Ankama employees up until 4 am! and that's coming from a Dofus player who browses through the French forums daily!)

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #689531  Replies : 480  Views : 12397
posté March 06, 2014, 21:14:27 | #8

Quote (Magma-Moon @ 06 March 2014 21:00) *

Quote (Tropical-Ace @ 06 March 2014 19:42) *

In terms of nerfs, Wakfu is on the tame edge. Dofus is horrific for getting nerfed.
Dofus nerfs are almost always done to prevent exploitation in terms of the French Metagame. The devs use Kolossuim fights and Goultard matches to see certain strategies and remove them from the game. The only thing is, rather than just fix the small exploitation, they use the time to entirely redo classes (I believe the most recent Ecaflip nerf over there is a prime example)

Where as the Wakfu devs are nerfing things based off of what I think would have to be player feedback, or opinions within the team. That's why the nerfs seem so dartboard'd(I am shocked this is an actual work according to Spell Check...) The devs don't really seem to have a full sense of how Wakfu is played because they have nothing to base it on other than their own personal experiences.
but in Wakfu they like to throw the shit at you now and hope you'll forget about the taste on your mouth later.
I'm going to save that quote....That's a very accurate way of summing up the Wakfu Devs as of late.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #688953  Replies : 15  Views : 890
posté March 06, 2014, 19:42:30 | #9

Dofus nerfs are almost always done to prevent exploitation in terms of the French Metagame. The devs use Kolossuim fights and Goultard matches to see certain strategies and remove them from the game. The only thing is, rather than just fix the small exploitation, they use the time to entirely redo classes (I believe the most recent Ecaflip nerf over there is a prime example)

Where as the Wakfu devs are nerfing things based off of what I think would have to be player feedback, or opinions within the team. That's why the nerfs seem so dartboard'd(I am shocked this is an actual work according to Spell Check...) The devs don't really seem to have a full sense of how Wakfu is played because they have nothing to base it on other than their own personal experiences.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #688911  Replies : 15  Views : 890
posté March 05, 2014, 05:11:25 | #10

Quote (Fadedscourge @ 05 March 2014 04:22) *
I think I read nation revamp in the 2014 roadmap, so I'm assuming it's when these new maps will be implemented.

Build up your Nation's capital with the help of all its citizens! Manage resource provision, economic limitations, and turn your Nation into a powerful presence – even … the heart of the World of Twelve! To succeed, you'll need to have the heart of a leader. Take the reins and bring the construction to completion by making decisive choices and establishing strategies regarding the management of resources, flora, and fauna.Think you're up to the task?

It never really said "Nation Revamp" unlike the first one which states "Class revamp"

So anything at this point including the removal of the bridges is just speculation.

Though with the addition of the Outposts the bridge removal does seem somewhat imminent.

This post has been edited by Tropical-Ace - March 05, 2014, 05:11:39.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #688023  Replies : 126  Views : 3684
posté March 04, 2014, 21:36:17 | #11

Quote (Sabi @ 04 March 2014 19:03) *
Hi guys,

The team is aware of your reports and we are thankful for them.

As you have noticed we have done already some fix but are monitoring still.

In the meantime I recommend for you to report any lag issue you may have to support service as there might be individual solutions to be provided depending on your system, as we don't all use the same.

I hope this helps.
It seems like the lag they're speaking of is the one linked to the Java.exe locking up every 30 seconds, or the shuddering it does after being open for more than a few minutes.

The changelog you linked had to do with Ankama fixing lag on the severs which would probably be more useful for Aerafal which seems to crash pretty often.

Otherwise, sending a ticket would be useful if it wasn't always replied with "Please use the Wakfu version of Java shipped with the new Uplauncher" which from the vast majority of players I've spoken with doesn't really change anything.

I can understand why people are upset with this, it's a bit unusual that computers that can handle games such as Farcy in ultra high quality aren't able to run Wakfu without the game locking up every 20 seconds. This really started after the Wakfu/Java update a few months ago. Maybe it's time for Ankama to consider reverting back until they're able to stabilize the client =/

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #687791  Replies : 16  Views : 782
posté March 04, 2014, 21:22:24 | #12

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 04 March 2014 16:06) *
You mean the HQ revamp? I don't think this is the same, the nation revamp is something different, they are suppose to remove bridges and make capitals.
I think this is why the community gets so up in arms about unfulfilled "promises".

A lot of these "future updates" aren't anywhere near that, they're just the devs saying "This is what we want to do in the future" or artists showing off concept art on DA.

Take it from the way the Dofus Devs are, they did the same thing back at the third Ankama convention. They made a claim that in the future they may want to merge all Feca sheilds, the community took that as "We're going to do this by X date" some five plus years later it never happened, and because of it the Devs are a lot less quiet on what changes they want to see made to the game, because the community took something more or less a concept to be a confirmed update, and raged about it when it never happened.

This post has been edited by Tropical-Ace - March 04, 2014, 21:24:58.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #687777  Replies : 126  Views : 3684
posté February 28, 2014, 18:39:38 | #13

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #686353  Replies : 6  Views : 266
posté February 28, 2014, 17:47:27 | #14

Quote (IYesWayI @ 28 February 2014 04:22) *

Quote (Tropical-Ace @ 27 February 2014 17:38) *

Quote (BrainIsAjar @ 27 February 2014 16:45) *
if they will send the code base to me, I will sign a nda and write the code for in battle reconnect. I will do it for free.
Very top link Click here

CAN'T FIND ANYTHING THAT'S RIGHT FOR YOU?Send us an application anyway - we're always on the look-out for fresh talent!
Wow they have a nice office! Maybe they should spend that money on some advertising and good programmers!
You are aware that Wakfu is just one small fraction of what Ankama does, correct?

What you're looking at is their rec room which is probably used by every branch of the company.

Here's what the developer room looks like

Let's see where Ankama could cut the budget from their decade old office that's probably had the same set up for years to make more room for Wakfu's budget.

Oh yes! We can remove the desks! There's no need for desks ! MAKE THEM CODE ON THE FLOOR.

AND WE DON'T NEED A WHITE BORED, THEY CAN USE THEIR IMAGINATION FOR EVERYTHING

But in all honesty, that doesn't look like anything over the top. Certainly doesn't look like Zynga's 228 Million USD office (A game company that is clearly dying)

This post has been edited by Tropical-Ace - February 28, 2014, 17:49:26.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #686331  Replies : 60  Views : 1452
posté February 27, 2014, 18:03:53 | #15

Quote (GrimackReapum @ 27 February 2014 17:53) *
I still don't quite get it: except for the gear changing to costume we got all those things back then, no? I mean, it's not like these are new presents, right? They're just a re-issuing of the original present...
As the post above you hinted at, a lot of players didn't get their original awards due to bugs, linking them to unusable characters, or not having inventory space.

This is something they needed to do.

Thread : News  Preview message : #685941  Replies : 49  Views : 1655
posté February 27, 2014, 17:38:49 | #16

Quote (BrainIsAjar @ 27 February 2014 16:45) *
if they will send the code base to me, I will sign a nda and write the code for in battle reconnect. I will do it for free.
Very top link Click here

CAN'T FIND ANYTHING THAT'S RIGHT FOR YOU?Send us an application anyway - we're always on the look-out for fresh talent!

This post has been edited by Tropical-Ace - February 27, 2014, 17:39:04.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #685925  Replies : 60  Views : 1452
posté February 27, 2014, 17:36:16 | #17

Quote (HumminaH @ 27 February 2014 17:09) *
Weak sauce. I understand the need to reward pre-subscribers but nothing for anyone else? Why do I give a crap about this anniversary now? I don't.

At least in Warcraft they were smart enough to let everyone feel included. How hard would it have been to give everyone who "logs in" to Wakfu during the anniversary a title or achievement?
Just because you're not happy about it doesn't mean other's aren't.

I for one am excited. I never got the pioneer set due to an early bug with the gift exchange (And lack of help from SE Support) so this will be a plus!

Thread : News  Preview message : #685921  Replies : 49  Views : 1655
posté February 27, 2014, 01:16:22 | #18
One note on the Kickstarter.

Sabi wasn't the only one on it. Izmar, the Dofus CCM was also part of it. So that can't be 100% of the blame

I think it's just Ankama's poor communication towards Sabi. Again restating a point from earlier. They seriously need to fly her out to France. It makes wonders happen (IE The English Dofus Community having Izmar)

This post has been edited by Tropical-Ace - February 27, 2014, 01:28:43.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #685593  Replies : 16  Views : 470
posté February 25, 2014, 20:24:14 | #19
The Wakfu Magazine was merged into the Dofus Magazine.

Your link directs you to a two year subscription of the Dofus Magazine.

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #685031  Replies : 4  Views : 203