Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

Rebalancing of the Iop
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-02-03
posté July 21, 2013, 22:09:29 | #21
Well i would like to see maybe jabs to get a slight damage buff at the very least, maybe uppercut can have the chance to apply something like have the chance to remove an mp or lower the targets res for a short time since it is a spell that uses a wp. Maybe have it lower more res as it is lvled up as well as stack to a certain point like eventually up to -100% res or something close to let the rest of the combo do more damage. With flurry i am unsure mostly because it costs 1 ap to use but the effect is pretty lame so there's no point of using it normally. Maybe have flurry start a chain of an effect that more you use air element moves the more the effect stacks until another element is used? it can be really hard to figure such things out without sounding like im trying to super buff the whole air branch but when you think about it it's hard not to super buff the air branch considering how it is now :/

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté July 21, 2013, 22:43:22 | #22

Quote (blasphemousmisery @ 21 July 2013 22:09) *
maybe uppercut can have the chance to apply something like have the chance to remove an mp or lower the targets res for a short time since it is a spell that uses a wp. Maybe have it lower more res as it is lvled up as well as stack to a certain point like eventually up to -100% res or something close to let the rest of the combo do more damage.

Instead of copying air Rogue, think about the theme of Iop: buffing yourself. Bravery Standard is more useful to buff allies than yourself (+50% damage for all allies for their whole turn while in the glyph, potentially your whole team being in the glyph, compared to lv50 Preparation for yourself which only applies for one attack) and Increase can no longer be used on other characters (a while ago it was 0-1 range starting from a certain rank). I miss being able to buff allies with one Increase each then pulling out the flag for +85% damage each.

From personal experience in all three branches, air has the advantage of more chances to crit and proc Authority when 40% chance fails from using two or three earth/fire attacks per turn. Gust is the go-to hybrid spell because people build their character to have just enough AP for whatever earth or fire spells they want to use, like triple Judgement with 12AP or double Devastate/Rocknocerous with 10AP. The most common reason for earth or fire builds with some spell levels in air to use Flurry/Jabs without having it be part of a normal combo is when they lose AP during battle, though they probably have their other earth/fire spells ranked enough to use for more damage.

To offer an umbrella while I rain on your parade, I think Uppercut should give you a little willpower. Critical hits having special effects is part of air Rogue which is a different class, so the willpower would be gained regardless of whether it critically hits. Willpower would be useful defensively for pure air builds and offensively for hybrids since it would increase the chance for your earth spells to stun/remove MP and increase the chance for Judgement to inflict Disoriented, and Wrath and Punch to explode. Flurry could also be changed to give some willpower instead of a tiny air bonus to make it more practical for hybrids or pure air builds to become more resistant to statuses and AP/MP loss.

Would it be overpowered if using Increase on allies had no Power conversion and cost 1MP instead of 1WP, but limited using it on allies twice/thrice per target per turn? I know most of the +damage spells for Iop in Dofus were taken out a while ago but I grew to love Iop because it could buff more than itself while contributing damage to enemies.

posté July 22, 2013, 08:30:59 | #23
Very true but at the same time whether air can proc more crits or if it had a skill or so that was similar to another class something needs to be done about it. The fact is that air needs something to make look like a good route to go down. Most iops are either fire or earth leaving there only being very few who try air including myself. For uppercut to cost a wp, not add any sort of effect, doesn't buff anything and doesn't deal much damage which makes it not have any sort of significance except being a spell in a combo that costs a precious wp that could be used for jump. The air branch needs something and that's not something that can be denied. The theme of an iop is to do damage and be a "tank" according to ankama. The iop has very little tanking ability except for it's block active and being able to stabilize with bravery standard. Air may have the advantage in keeping authority going but how does that compare to not being able to hit something from a distance or from behind cover like earth and fire? It just makes no sense for ankama to neglect the air branch like this and leave it dull and the least likely option for those who decide to make an iop.

At this point it's really just a touchy subject since the air iop is completely looked down upon and nothing's being done about it :/ Also it's nice to have other people actually posting ideas and sharing as we are now So thanks Kaken and Ice!!

Ugly Gobball * Member Since 2012-12-15
posté July 22, 2013, 10:43:50 | #24

Well i would like to see maybe jabs to get a slight damage buff at the very least, maybe uppercut can have the chance to apply something like have the chance to remove an mp or lower the targets res for a short time since it is a spell that uses a wp. Maybe have it lower more res as it is lvled up as well as stack to a certain point like eventually up to -100% res or something close to let the rest of the combo do more damage. With flurry i am unsure mostly because it costs 1 ap to use but the effect is pretty lame so there's no point of using it normally. Maybe have flurry start a chain of an effect that more you use air element moves the more the effect stacks until another element is used? it can be really hard to figure such things out without sounding like im trying to super buff the whole air branch but when you think about it it's hard not to super buff the air branch considering how it is now :/

Umm, I think Air Iop needs a revamp.. Air Rogues do it better, while being more fun.

posté July 22, 2013, 18:47:55 | #25

Quote (skypalm @ 22 July 2013 10:43) *

Umm, I think Air Iop needs a revamp.. Air Rogues do it better, while being more fun.
It does need a revamp, most of the iops actives and a few of their passives don't get used at all because there is no point to them when you could be using the ap for damage ( iop mindset). The spell have nothing going on for them except intimidations push and the cheap casts. Some spells should be buffed and have effects added to them that can stack and benefit the iop or the group as a whole. But not to make air iop support because no one wants that ever. Maybe even give the air iop an effect where using more air moves stacks up and air element damage boost reaching to 50-100%. Also spell range for them needs something too and if not then a mech that lets an iop stay on top of an enemy that's better than or even just a slightly buffed iop bound since it was nerfed.

Would enjoy some devs in here to let us know if anything will or ever happen  

Come on Devs QQ where's the love? Do you have any info about this at all Troyle?

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2013-01-30
posté July 25, 2013, 23:59:09 | #26
I got an idea thanks to the +dmg bonus said earlier.

U know sadida's bramble shield?

What if all air spells deals a state which at the end of iops turn turn to a "poison" dmg.

Let me explain better...each air spell deal a state,which at the end of the turn converts into a kind of gangrane or toxic wind but instead of using the ap/mp of the target the ap and mp used by allies to hurt that target are converted into further air dmg based on iop's mastery and this state ends at the end of iop's next turn...allowing the user to use it as well...plus the state shoudln't stack.In my opnion it can be too op if stacked...oh and only 1 state per turn...another iop who activates it resets the state and convert to his/her mastery.

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté July 26, 2013, 01:25:18 | #27

Quote (Maxiliano @ 25 July 2013 23:59) *
all air spells deals a state which at the end of iops turn turn to a "poison" dmg.

each air spell deal a state,which at the end of the turn converts into a kind of gangrane or toxic wind but instead of using the ap/mp of the target the ap and mp used by allies to hurt that target are converted into further air dmg based on iop's masterythis state ends at the end of iop's next turn

Sounds too much like Explosion state on Wrath and Punch or Scalding with Thunderbolt, states which deal damage on top of the damage dealt by the spells which inflicted them. Both (as well as most/all states which inflict elemental damage) are modifiable by the elemental damage bonus on whoever inflicted the state.

With the removal of being able to spec willpower coming up, I think Iop should have a means of gaining the characteristic to contribute to the theme of the class. For a couple examples: Locking Pro giving you willpower for every enemy you lock, Show Off giving you a small amount willpower for every attack dealt (to give air builds an incentive to rank the passive), or Bravery Standard giving willpower in addition to the damage buff for allies in the glyph.

posté July 26, 2013, 04:22:49 | #28

Quote (Kakenshu @ 26 July 2013 01:25) *

Quote (Maxiliano @ 25 July 2013 23:59) *
all air spells deals a state which at the end of iops turn turn to a "poison" dmg.

each air spell deal a state,which at the end of the turn converts into a kind of gangrane or toxic wind but instead of using the ap/mp of the target the ap and mp used by allies to hurt that target are converted into further air dmg based on iop's masterythis state ends at the end of iop's next turn

Sounds too much like Explosion state on Wrath and Punch or Scalding with Thunderbolt, states which deal damage on top of the damage dealt by the spells which inflicted them. Both (as well as most/all states which inflict elemental damage) are modifiable by the elemental damage bonus on whoever inflicted the state.

With the removal of being able to spec willpower coming up, I think Iop should have a means of gaining the characteristic to contribute to the theme of the class. For a couple examples: Locking Pro giving you willpower for every enemy you lock, Show Off giving you a small amount willpower for every attack dealt (to give air builds an incentive to rank the passive), or Bravery Standard giving willpower in addition to the damage buff for allies in the glyph.
I feel as though this willpower will only urge more people to go earth stun iop :/ as for the applying a poison like state wouldnt do too well since air is all about combos and applying such a state could maybe be reserved is one of the air spells like cutting gust or uppercut. Maybe the damage could deal damage based on current HP and max HP of the one the state is being applied to so it does damage but at the same time makes it fair so the damage isn't constantly op and drops as the targets HP drops as well.

Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2013-02-23
posté July 26, 2013, 07:34:29 | #29
One idea is that air iop attacks could apply a state (pummeled or brokle) that increases the final damage of all attacks done to the target reaching at max + 50%. This would allow air iops to be more useful in groups by allowing them to help quickly take out particular targets. A different idea for the state could be that it would reduce all attacks made by the target by 50% final damage. The state would disappear when not applied for a turn.

This post has been edited by Chuccckles - July 26, 2013, 22:51:18.
posté July 26, 2013, 17:06:16 | #30

Quote (Chuccckles @ 26 July 2013 07:34) *
One idea is that air iop attacks could apply a state (pummeled) that increases the final damage of all attacks done to the target reaching at max + 50%. This would allow air iops to be more useful in groups by allowing them to help quickly take out particular targets. A different idea for the state could be that it would reduce all attacks made by the target by 50% final damage. The state would disappear when not applied for a turn.
This too would be a great idea  

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2011-12-12
posté December 09, 2013, 11:51:59 | #31
i think to replace uppercut one range skill using one weapon with chains like -> goultard weapon vs Katar range should be 1-3 using 3ap or if jumps get a revamp the last spell could use 1WP only if jump dont waste wk points anymore...and why not one small AoE ?

and make new animations to air iop make it fun to combo ''cinematic''

sorry my bad english ='[