Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

Earth iop need help/advice
Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2012-03-02
posté April 08, 2013, 20:44:34 | #1
Earth iop need help/advice Hello guys. I just started a new earth iop and im confused about skills. Im trying to build stunning earth iop to use charge + shaker. Its 8 ap iop and ill use ''increase spell'' to make the more stun , but of course i must have power buff which i get from authority passive . So im planning to max authority . also does charge , and devastate spells trigger power buff from authority ? and whats your opinion about this build? maybe you got some advice on what would be better , i would really appreciate it . Thanks !

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-11
posté April 09, 2013, 05:43:14 | #2
I assume you also use Gutting Gust with spare MP and additional chances to proc Authority. All of our elemental spells have a chance to proc Authority as long as you have at least one point in the passive, including area of effect attacks. The description for Authority may say only close combat spells proc it but I have seen Impact and Rocknocerous work. All spells and the damage inflicted if you attack with your equipped weapon benefit from Power.

Your build seems alright for a while. Shaker is usually used to hit hard rather than rapid attacks to proc Authority, but if you have it as your highest ranked spell while using smaller spells like Flurry and Gust to stack up Power you would be building yourself up then breaking enemies down. If you find yourself constantly getting surrounded remember that when you use an area of effect attack like Devastate the chance to proc Authority applies to each target damaged, meaning if you hit two targets both have a chance to proc Authority for you rather than simply using the spell having the proc chance. Authority still has a maximum +60 Power per turn cap but you can get that pretty easily while surrounded and throwing down double Devastates per turn with 10AP.

Fansite Operator & Mister Winter Fashion Victim * Member Since 2012-03-01
posté April 09, 2013, 13:52:57 | #3

Quote (Kakenshu @ 09 April 2013 05:43) *
Authority still has a maximum +60 Power per turn cap but you can get that pretty easily while surrounded and throwing down double Devastates per turn with 10AP.

This! My Earth Iop plays a tanky role so often finds himself surrounded. Authority will proc for every individual damage proc and every time you strike an opponent.

Example: Hitting five enemies with Iop's Wrath has a chance to proc Authority ten times (two procs per enemy if Explosion works out well).

Of course it can only proc thrice a turn, it's something to consider. Devastate is a very powerful skill. It's always good to have a strong AoE spell.

I stuck with Rocknoceros for stunning. Most enemies try to stay away anyways, and I find double Rocknoceros to be better for me than double Shaker. The chance to stun while dealing considerable damage is nice. There's also the whole range and no LoS needed thing. I'm not a huge fan of Charge, and the damage on it is pretty meager, so I kept it mid-level around 60.

I personally feel like an 8AP build is pretty restricting for an Earth Iop. On the other hand, you can get some intense damage by not having to push two more AP for the typical 10AP build. That can seriously come to fruition in late game PvM where resists are absurdly high.

• Mango

Wilder than Wild Dragoturkey * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté July 10, 2013, 16:01:48 | #4
What do you invest your stat points into then? And how do you gear if not shooting for 10AP?

Narcissistic Larva * Member Since 2013-01-22
posté July 10, 2013, 17:49:14 | #5

Quote (deepz42 @ 10 July 2013 16:01) *
What do you invest your stat points into then? And how do you gear if not shooting for 10AP?
Strength and Critical Hits.