Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

[Water Ecaflips] Community Thoughts
Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2008-06-02
posté April 23, 2013, 13:31:07 | #41

Quote (shooopy @ 23 April 2013 08:25) *
Some of these comments... don't get offended, but seem like they're coming from a spoiled child lol. I've beaten many people in pvp with my water eca(lvl 107) and people love grouping with her and her set isn't even that good. The water eca before the update was ridiculously weak. If this branch needed anything it would be a lil damage buff and fixed bugs.
Why exactly ppl "loving group with her"? Give us numbers, roles and maybe, monsters u're facing?

posté April 23, 2013, 23:49:10 | #42
Just FYI lv 111 Air Osa here, fought a Chance eca yesterday and got my ass kicked.

Cat Tree and some other spells they were using do just insane stuff, very scary to have to fight something that can hit so hard in water, heal itself, cast paws off, AND randomly teleport away to a cat tree and possibly even become invulnerable.

I mean ffs OUCH.

Chance kitties need a bit of work still, but the foundation is solid enough with these changes to promise a very powerful branch already.

80% sure that most of the folks who say it's unplayable simply have no goddamned clue how to play it to begin with. Although on an individual basis some spells could use buffs, it's hardly a bad branch as-is.

This post has been edited by TommyTrouble - April 23, 2013, 23:51:18.
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-06-18
posté April 24, 2013, 00:19:30 | #43

Quote (Nufeen @ 23 April 2013 10:31) *
shooopy, maybe you will share your build then?
Sure np (:

Feline leap 9
Roll again 6
Cat tree 9
Ecaflips tarot 9
Ecaflip die 9
Ecaflip precision 9

Then 50/94/86/82/46

I have 11ap and 5mp... Gobsage set and a crappy bow... My eca still rocks with it lol. I plan on being way better with my next set.

And hate on my build if you want, ask my guildmates and people I've grouped with and peeps I've pvped with. Water ecas arent as horrible as you guys say they are. Be grateful for the branch being WAY better than the one before.

Quote (ZeraKoN @ 23 April 2013 13:31) *

Quote (shooopy @ 23 April 2013 08:25) *
Some of these comments... don't get offended, but seem like they're coming from a spoiled child lol. I've beaten many people in pvp with my water eca(lvl 107) and people love grouping with her and her set isn't even that good. The water eca before the update was ridiculously weak. If this branch needed anything it would be a lil damage buff and fixed bugs.
Why exactly ppl "loving group with her"? Give us numbers, roles and maybe, monsters u're facing?
My guild for one, people I find in frigost... any monsters really, I can heal, give crits and do good damage.

I just think you guys are taking this way too far... Seems like you guys wanna be op.

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-12-15
posté April 24, 2013, 02:45:37 | #44
I see you are avoiding all the broken things i've been complaining about.

You know about the flealove heal/3hit bug, that flealine army sucks and leap sucks.

I just want these fixed and flealine army revamped.

Having tough tongue be able to heal would be really cool too for performing that heal role we are supposed to now. Do you disagree with anything i said?

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté April 24, 2013, 03:43:53 | #45

Quote (HakazabaJub @ 24 April 2013 02:45) *
I see you are avoiding all the broken things i've been complaining about.

You know about the flealove heal/3hit bug, that flealine army sucks and leap sucks.

I just want these fixed and flealine army revamped.

Having tough tongue be able to heal would be really cool too for performing that heal role we are supposed to now. Do you disagree with anything i said?
Leap's fine I disagree with you saying it sucks.

posté April 24, 2013, 04:07:30 | #46
Really? 2 ap for a non stackable 50%?
Even if you could do that at level 1 it wouldn't be worth it because you have used enough ap to make the damage you deal the same.

At later levels its far worse.

By the way he 50% heal does nothing because all skills that would use it do the healing in times where it is not your turn so you cant have the buff on.

This post has been edited by HakazabaJub - April 24, 2013, 04:10:01.
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-29
posté April 24, 2013, 05:23:52 | #47
It's a 2 ap mobility spell, not a extreme super damage steroid, the 50% is just a bonus. Water eca needs tweaks and fixes one of them is not Feline's leap. Pretty sure they just tacked on the heal+ without thinking as well as with anything ankama the intent is generally good while the execution is rushed and leads to problems like this.

Expect the water eca to only get better from here on out.

posté April 24, 2013, 05:44:47 | #48
Water does not need leap for mobility the only reason to use it is if you want to hit with up to scratchx2 and that is a pretty bad combo. for any other mobility situations up to scratch is a fine replacement that doesn't cost 90 spell points.

Leap used to be extremely useful for water eca it actually granted a rather unique playing style where you could retreat one turn and attack the next while keeping the same or more damage per turn.

Now fire and earth are the only ones who gain any tangible benefit from it, as they have some skills with a minimum range,

For a spell that has little to no benefit to a water eca, why would we get it ofver cat tree, paws off, or any other spell(even the current flealine army is more useful to us).

posté April 24, 2013, 06:24:55 | #49

Quote (TommyTrouble @ 23 April 2013 23:49) *
Just FYI lv 111 Air Osa here, fought a Chance eca yesterday and got my ass kicked.

Cat Tree and some other spells they were using do just insane stuff, very scary to have to fight something that can hit so hard in water, heal itself, cast paws off, AND randomly teleport away to a cat tree and possibly even become invulnerable.

I mean ffs OUCH.

Chance kitties need a bit of work still, but the foundation is solid enough with these changes to promise a very powerful branch already.

80% sure that most of the folks who say it's unplayable simply have no goddamned clue how to play it to begin with. Although on an individual basis some spells could use buffs, it's hardly a bad branch as-is.
Did you read the question to begin with? Do you need a Water Ecaflip in your group? Why?

You're talking about PvP. For PvP, many other things come into the math. Strategy, equipments, levels, status, luck... They might be good at PvP, but that doesn't mean they are good for group fights.

Leap's fine I disagree with you saying it sucks.
Leap is fine for you. +50% for low values Water branch got, results into low values. So, it doesn't make that much of difference that makes you actually wanna spend AP on it.
Also, the fact that this spell don't stay for longer than a turn, makes it useless for 1 of 2 healing spells the branch got.

My guild for one, people I find in frigost... any monsters really, I can heal, give crits and do good damage.
That sound like they LET you join. Not that they NEED you. Not like you're doing an awesome job that totally makes DIFFERENCE in the fights your group is facing. You're just doing a mediocre job that nones care, or will miss out when you leave. Without you, they would be totally FINE. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying you are uselsess, the branch is.
And btw, if you're going to rely on crit-buff, previous water branch was WAY better on doing that.

Seems like you guys wanna be op.
No. We just wanna be useful.

posté April 24, 2013, 08:46:39 | #50
Dude Zerakon! Chill lol... Its just a class. The water eca works perfectly fine for a lot of people and yes people do want my eca in there group, how do you know if they do or not? You're telling me what goes down with my char out of rage... that's ridiculous bud, check yourself. Obviously water ecas are useful if people say they are. Btw MY water eca is NOT useless... maybe yours is but not mine. Work with the branch like everyone else in this game that has had changes done to there class... or choose a different class or quit. That simple.

Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-03-01
posté April 24, 2013, 08:50:00 | #51
I think this zerkon guy needs to chill out ive seen a lot of decent water ecaflips after this buff the old ones were TRASH

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-02-02
posté April 24, 2013, 09:18:46 | #52
I enjoy the crap out of my water Ecaflip. He's got a very different setup for his gear than most like to see. but it works. and people are amazed by it at times XD Cat Tree is so much fun to use. and if placed properly sets up so many amazing scenarios.

There are things that i need to see that do need to be improved. But overall, the new water eca is way funner/better than the old one.

This post has been edited by Th3G0ldf1sh - April 24, 2013, 09:21:14.
Grizzled Dandelion * Member Since 2012-02-28
posté April 24, 2013, 09:22:10 | #53

Quote (shooopy @ 24 April 2013 08:46) *
Dude Zerakon! Chill lol... Its just a class. The water eca works perfectly fine for a lot of people and yes people do want my eca in there group, how do you know if they do or not? You're telling me what goes down with my char out of rage... that's ridiculous bud, check yourself. Obviously water ecas are useful if people say they are. Btw MY water eca is NOT useless... maybe yours is but not mine. Work with the branch like everyone else in this game that has had changes done to there class... or choose a different class or quit. That simple.
Lol, I agree. Water eca's aren't as bad as this thread makes it out to be.

You don't see all the air eni's complaining how useful or not useful they are in a party.
Its not the strongest class and support is average, but people make it work. Just like how some people make water eca's work.

posté April 24, 2013, 12:23:55 | #54
Ok, "this Zerakon guy" will shut. Sorry for trying to make things better for the branch, but ofc!! How couldn't I see how useful is this class now?!

I'm so stupid... I couldn't see, for example, that on Excarnus I'm totally capable of..... uh.... do that thing... that will totally make my group successful !! You guys know right? That thing?

And it's so obvious that on Whisper Island I can lick the monsters and... wait, a Water Xelor can do that and also give AP.... hmm... but yes! I can do.... uh.... well, you guys know right?

But I can't forget that against Shhhdoku Master I'm the only one capable of..... of.... uh.... help my group with.... hmm.... well, I don't know, but you guys do right?

Ha! But on Chillberg Island there's no better choice than my Water Ecaflip..... uh.... skill... that does.... hmm... not this one, a Eni does better... hmm... I can't remember right now, but yeah, you guys totally know about that move right??

But I couldn't let to tell you guys that there was a lot of times when the group couldn't start a battle without me, because I'm the key of the strategy... where.... I.... do that... with that other class... and....they know it will fail without my help!! You know that strategy right??

Anyways, I gave you reasons, numbers, examples, ppl talking in-depth about the class, problems, possible solutions, and some of you come and say "they are useful! (no reason) Ppl want me in their group! (why?)". No explanations, that's exactly what I asked you guys not to do....

Ok, w/e. In a couple of months, when this awesome super-b changes that made us desirable for everyone, "set in rock" and will never change, and other players starting excluding you from high-lvl stuff, don't come crying on Forums about it, this was the time for changes, it's gone.

I promise not to post anything else about it anymore (thanks god!!) unless somebody asks me.

Thanks everyone for the cooperation and answers, we tried, at least. ^^

This post has been edited by ZeraKoN - April 24, 2013, 12:24:33.
posté April 24, 2013, 13:01:02 | #55
Hey... We all flip our shit from time to time lol. I wont come crying back to the forums because I've dealt with plenty of class changes, its no biggy. You're just telling us your experiences with your water eca and trying to say we feel the same way... That's senseless. Many of us are forced to use certain classes for ultimate bosses and we do it because we love this game. Water ecas may not be the best but in my opinion they're freakin tubular lol. So kickback and try to enjoy the new water eca or make another char if you think this one doesn't suit you, there's like 12 to choose from or idk how many but there's a lot xD. Idk if my words are gonna get through that wall you have up but just try and enjoy the game... don't let it stress you out, wakfu is here for entertainment and in my experience here to get away from bullshit drama and have fun (:

P.S. Doritos locos tacos suck... they don't even use the real chip for the fuckin shell thing. They just throw dorito seasoning on it... half ass crap /:

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2011-02-25
posté April 24, 2013, 13:14:34 | #56
No Class is absolutely needed in a party to make it successful. Some make stuff easier ofc.

But you make it sound like Water Ecas are complete garbage and do no damage, no heal, no buffs, no nothing.
Why would i want a Fogger, Sram, Masq, etc. in my party? What do they contribute to make it my party super successful?

Short Strich * Member Since 2012-02-28
posté April 24, 2013, 13:20:01 | #57
shooopy, thanks for sharing a build, nice to see it somehow works.

>The water eca works perfectly fine for a lot of people
Still this statement contains a bit of exaggeration.

Ok, I admit the cat can deal damage that be called suitable (at a stretch). Not talking about heal and bugs. We now have got a skill, the second one. But you have to get to a very certain cell to use it properly, and if you are starting your turn close to the enemy, that's not the fact you will be able to use it twice at full power. It's one of the most awkward skills in the game for now. To be honest, do you really enjoy current style of gameplay? Is it really fun?
That's not the question of argufying, that's an attemt to generate a reasonable message to devs: guys, you are doing it wrong. I do not see a lot of satisfied people here, but I see the only person that can seriosly call the current cat perfectly working. Look, they've worked for months on this revamp, and what do we get? One hardly working and hardly usable skill? That is perfect? Maybe I dont really get something? Maybe that is really a perfect result for Ankama?

posté April 24, 2013, 13:56:47 | #58
I love the current water eca branch... Its fun and isn't useless like the old one. I have found a lot of satisfied people in game. Btw there is no perfect build or branch... There's always gonna be another class that can out do it. The diversity of classes and builds is awesome, lots of flexibility, but that also means unbalance. Its proven that the water eca is useful and actually good to a lot of people.

posté April 24, 2013, 14:09:27 | #59
I like the new spells for petes sake! but half of them bugged and the passives previously helping eca are buggy and don't work as intended.

Sure we can still get high crits from eca die and stuff but we still are worse as a damage dealer than fire or earth(which is fine) and because of the bugs we are a worse healer than any other healing classes(not fine) Cant we just fix this? Isn't this the entire goal of the revamp in the first place?

When people say that the class is fine when there are still major flaws in the spells then Troyle will not take any of our suggestions at all.

Use the flea love gliph and tell me the healing is working properly. Use the flealine army proc and tell me its working properly. Use leap and tell me its anywhere near as useful as it used to be.

posté April 24, 2013, 14:19:44 | #60

Quote (HakazabaJub @ 24 April 2013 14:09) *
I like the new spells for petes sake! but half of them bugged and the passives previously helping eca are buggy and don't work as intended.

Sure we can still get high crits from eca die and stuff but we still are worse as a damage dealer than fire or earth(which is fine) and because of the bugs we are a worse healer than any other healing classes(not fine) Cant we just fix this? Isn't this the entire goal of the revamp in the first place?

When people say that the class is fine when there are still major flaws in the spells then Troyle will not take any of our suggestions at all.

Use the flea love gliph and tell me the healing is working properly. Use the flealine army proc and tell me its working properly. Use leap and tell me its anywhere near as useful as it used to be.

I have a build that doesn't use the spells you just said and it works perfectly fine, feline leap is perfectly fine... It gives you movement, dodge and spell damage/heals. May I remind you iops have jump that costs 2ap and 1wp and only get spell damage. What do you expect from feline leap? Anything more and it would be op.