Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

Brokonaut's profile
Statistics
558 Posts (1.16 per day)
Most active in : General Discussion
posté March 20, 2014, 05:31:25 | #1
The Meridia Insignia will always be a feasible item solution for the Relic slot. Current Relics will typically become overshadowed as new content is released. Thus is the case with the seldom used Gelano and Celestial Bearbarian Amulet, as well as Wa Wabbit's Crown being superior to Solomonk.

While I think the usefulness of the Meridia Insignia surpasses a majority of the other Relics, I think depending on the server the value may be substantially less. For example on Nox, Remington, and Aerafal, where there are many of them thanks to the servers' age.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #695207  Replies : 47  Views : 1496
posté March 14, 2014, 20:10:41 | #2
The point of a leveled Flatten is that it consumes the same amount of AP to get to an enemy as using Jump twice, albeit without a WP cost. Granted, the self-stun alone is enough to merit it not being worth it at this point in time unless you're a pure Air Iop that can afford to forego Show Off and have the spare points to level it.

• Mango

Thread : Iop  Preview message : #692435  Replies : 7  Views : 228
posté March 14, 2014, 19:51:24 | #3

Quote (Jade1 @ 14 March 2014 18:48) *
nice theyre just trying to get nox and remington ready for f2p (probably before their summer vacation so they can ignore complaints

I bet these new relics wont even have AP

The Relic boots and epaulettes both have an AP, and stand on a similar/higher item power than Nettlez.

If you can beat the dungeons, it won't be so bad. The achievement awards three Fragments for the first time you clear it, for each character. That should be a massive influx of Fragments over time, for if people cannot beat it now there will reach a point where he'll be on the same difficulty scale for the masses as, say for example Magmog the Gobbalrog.

Granted we beat him on the Beta server, that was fully runed gear on all party members and even then it was pretty close. My guess is he's been changed to make more difficult since then. The hardcore variant was considerably more difficult than Wa Wabbit.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - March 14, 2014, 20:03:04.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #692421  Replies : 63  Views : 1883
posté March 06, 2014, 05:51:47 | #4
Nettlez is better than the Meridia Insignia, at least for any variation of air/fire characters. This is due to Wa Wamulet being as incredible as it is.

The only time it's not is when you cannot get all of your kit skill from guild passives to equip Wa Wabbit's Crown without the Amuleto and you require Tormentor's Cape in the cape slot. Then since the Relic slot is free, Meridia Insignia is the best choice in an 11 AP gear + 1 AP stat set-up. Solomonk is subpar if you have Wa Wabbit's Crown (10% less damage for 100+ HP), Powerful Dazzling Belt is an exo AP item but has less stats than your typical endgame belt (specific to air or fire builds, Wa Wabbit's Corset), CBA is barely an improvement and is worse than Wa Wamulet.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #688641  Replies : 32  Views : 1321
posté February 25, 2014, 16:35:31 | #5

Quote (Jangho @ 24 February 2014 04:47) *
hey so what I'm confused about is your skills. So Jabs and Shaker which one? or both? I don't see a point in leveling up both. For more dmg Shakers really nice but Jabs are strong as well and also stacks up chances for POWER. Wouldn't it be better just to use one since they are pretty much the same.

They do the same thing, but they're different elements. The point of having the both is to have elemental diversity so if you run into something with high earth resist, you use Jabs, and if you run into something with high air resist you use Shaker.

Shaker has the highest DPT in the end, but less hits. If you don't have 100 Power and are against an enemy with near-equal air and earth resists, use Jabs to build up your Power faster. If you're against an enemy with near-equal air and earth resists and you have 100 Power, use Shaker.

Some enemies will sometimes be reactionary towards attacks, whether negative or positive. It may call for you to use cheaper attacks plentifully, or more expensive attacks sparingly. The differentiating AP costs are for that as well.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #684957  Replies : 21  Views : 8130
posté February 23, 2014, 20:36:35 | #6

Quote (Brokonaut @ 23 February 2014 03:11) *
Drops from these guys. This content is WIP and is not coming out in the upcoming update. But we figured out how to beat the boss already, so no fretting for when the time does come (unless they change it again before release).

• Mango

Here to make a self-correction. Those items come from the Black Spore enemies which will be in the upcoming March update in the Saharach.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #684217  Replies : 7  Views : 502
posté February 23, 2014, 14:11:00 | #7

Quote (IYesWayI @ 23 February 2014 13:16) *
I won best 2 of 3 vs everyone i fought on the beta server as a sacrier using no relics or runes.
Sac = Master race.

Except for my Feca.

Fecammer master race.

• Mango

Thread : Feca  Preview message : #684109  Replies : 27  Views : 1301
posté February 23, 2014, 03:11:54 | #8
Drops from these guys. This content is WIP and is not coming out in the upcoming update. But we figured out how to beat the boss already, so no fretting for when the time does come (unless they change it again before release).

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #684013  Replies : 7  Views : 502
posté February 20, 2014, 14:13:52 | #9
That'd be the easy way out for Ankama (5 universal spells) but it's definitely the most realistic approach on the matter by a mile.

Universal utility skills are always good though it begs the question of if it renders any concurrent spells moot, since the basic functions of most classes' skills are plain in nature and easy to end up copying when making a universal skill. The result being the universal skill being absolutely worthless to the class/build or rendering one of their skills worthless (which has its pros and cons, of course).

Channeling WP is a pretty cool idea and I always support anything that has to do with players working with penalty tiles rather than against them. Weapon skills are also a pretty neat concept, however we're already approaching the age of weapons overpowering skills with insanely strong items like the Guawd Morning Star.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #683047  Replies : 26  Views : 911
posté February 20, 2014, 12:42:09 | #10
I just hugely disagree with the idea of making the players offensively stronger in such a direct manner. Your ideas Nox16 do just that, straight-up increasing the amount of personal AP we can obtain, damage cap through Temporal Prism, and resistance reductions (which should probably go to another class anyways).

Your ideas are a lot more rational on the do-able scale, but I really feel like if they're going to add more skills they need to go above and beyond with it to bring out the best qualities of a class. That's what they did in Dofus with the 21st spell and that's what they should do with Wakfu with these 5 new spells.

Xelor are also very WP light in the sense that none of their spells consume WP, the dial is upkeepable, and the only real spammy skill is Desynchronization which has its own limitations. This is relative to all other classes, which on a whim can usually consume all of their WP very quickly.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #683031  Replies : 26  Views : 911
posté February 20, 2014, 01:04:16 | #11
I mean I would hope that every class would get similar diversity treatment in passives. I could sit here all day and come up with ideas for specialties for each class but I don't get paid for my thoughts like they do, haha.

Keeping in mind in that particular example, I made the specialties WP heavy since Xelor are currently a very WP light class and to level some of those specialties now would mean having to forego some of the near-necessary specialties that Xelor currently level.

• Mango

Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #682813  Replies : 26  Views : 911
posté February 20, 2014, 00:45:42 | #12

Quote (JuStpLaiNtalENt @ 19 February 2014 22:12) *
would be great if every class got a damage passive =3

Depends on how they do it I guess. We're reaching a point in the game once again where damage has scaled too far past defenses and resistance masteries. The x2.5 HP in PvP is practically moot since players are beginning to one/two-turn one another like the old days and in PvM, it really comes down to AI manipulation and knowledge of their skill restrictions rather than character attributes (though this opinion varies from role-to-role).

Ideally I'd like to see one defensive skill, one utility skill, and three unique skills that bring out the best traits of each class. These would be a third set of skills below passives and actives (and can be either) and would max out at level 5 rather than 9 or 20. 100 points to max out just like passive skills.

Example in Xelor:

Gear Displacement Lv. 1: Incoming projectile attacks have a 5% chance to be diverted to a random Sinistro or Hydrand located on an hour cell by swapping the Xelor with it. The mechanism is instantly destroyed and the Xelor still takes 40% of the attack's damage if a projectile triggered it (unblockable).
Gear Displacement Lv. 5: Incoming projectile or melee attacks attacks have a 20% chance to be diverted to a random Sinistro or Hydrand located on an hour cell by swapping the Xelor with it. The mechanism is instantly destroyed and the Xelor still takes 30% of the attack's damage if a projectile triggered it and 60% of the attack's damage if a melee attack triggered it (unblockable).

Chrono Shift Lv. 1: Caster enters state "Temporal Fatigue Lv. 5" and loses 3 AP & 50% general damage on the following turn. Teleports the target to the cell they ended on last. Can only be cast on allies. 2 AP, 2 MP, 1 WP.
Chrono Shift Lv. 5: Caster enters state "Temporal Fatigue Lv. 1" and loses 3 AP on the following turn. Teleports the target to the cell they ended on last. Can be cast on both allies and enemies, increased range, unlocks line of sight to cast. 2 MP 1 WP.

Latency Lv. 1: When activated on a target in Tock, all damage and heals to this target are delayed until the Xelor's next turn cycle. If an ally, the target suffers -3 AP (unavoidable) on their next turn, damages will be reduced by 5%, and heals will be increased by 5% (final). If an enemy, damages will be increased by 5%, and heals will be reduced by 5% (final). When activated on a target in Tick, the target will not receive any speed bonus for their turn, but will receive double speed bonus on the following turn. 3 AP 1 WP.
Latency Lv. 5: When activated on a target in Tock, all damage and heals to this target are delayed until the Xelor's next turn cycle. If an ally, the target suffers -2 AP (unavoidable) on their next turn, damages will be reduced by 10%, and heals will be increased by 10% (final). If an enemy, damages will be increased by 10%, and heals will be reduced by 10% (final). When activated on a target in Tick, the target will not receive any speed bonus for their turn, but will receive triple speed bonus on the following turn. Increased range. 3 AP.

Grandfather Hand Lv. 1: Toggle skill. Permanently removes AP and MP from the Xelor and marks an ally, placing them under the "Legacy" state. Any AP bonuses from Rollback and Timekeeper will be diverted to the target instead of the Xelor (received on the target's turn). This AP does not add to the Temporal Acceleration state. The target can use the Xelor's Dial cell for movement. Casting this again on self will refund the AP and MP cost used in reserve to cast it and remove the state from the ally. Only one ally at a time can be under this state. 3 AP 1 MP.

If cast on an enemy, initiative loss on Tick also has a chance to reduce AP from the target for one turn. 2 AP 1 WP.
Grandfather Hand Lv. 5: Toggle skill. Permanently removes AP and MP from the Xelor and marks an ally, placing them under the "Legacy" state. Any AP bonuses from Rollback and Timekeeper will be diverted to the target instead of the Xelor (received on the target's turn). This AP does not add to the Temporal Acceleration state. The target can use the Xelor's Dial cell for movement. Casting this again on self will refund the AP and MP cost used in reserve to cast it and remove the state from the ally. Only one ally at a time can be under this state. 2 AP 1 MP.

If cast on an enemy, initiative loss also has a higher chance to reduce AP from the target for one turn. 1 WP.

Midnight Cell Lv. 1
: Allows the Xelor to create a "Midnight Hour Cell" outside of the dial. Requires 2 MP to move onto. It lasts until the end of the turn unless the Xelor ends their turn on it. Affects the following spells:
- Casting Xelor's Punishment on it has a chance to remove AP from all targets and instantly breaks the Midnight Hour Cell.
- Casting Clock on it allows the attack to hit twice with the second hit attacking for 50% damage with half the chance to remove AP and instantly breaks the Midnight Hour Cell.
- Casting Hand on it allows the attack to bounce one additional time at a 50% damage loss on the second bounce and instantly breaks the Midnight Hour Cell.

+50% increased general damage and -50% general resistances while standing on this cell. Moving onto the cell removes all of your MP (but not starting your turn on it). This effect only affects the cell owner. 2 MP 2 WP.
Midnight Cell Lv. 5: Allows the Xelor to create a "Midnight Hour Cell" outside of the dial. Requires 2 MP to move onto. It lasts until the end of the turn unless the Xelor ends their turn on it. Affects the following spells:
- Casting Xelor's Punishment on it has a chance to remove AP from all targets and instantly breaks the Midnight Hour Cell.
- Casting Clock on it allows the attack to hit twice with the second hit attacking for 100% damage with 100% of the chance to remove AP and instantly breaks the Midnight Hour Cell.
- Casting Hand on it allows the attack to bounce one additional time at a 25% damage loss on the second bounce and instantly breaks the Midnight Hour Cell.

+100% increased general damage and -50% general resistances while standing on this cell. Moving onto the cell removes all of your MP (but not starting your turn on it). This effect only affects the cell owner. 1 MP 2 WP.

- - -

What is everyone else's ideas for skills for their classes?

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - February 20, 2014, 01:36:00.
Reason for edit : Edited the Midnight Cell skill.
Thread : General Discussion  Preview message : #682803  Replies : 26  Views : 911
posté February 18, 2014, 21:53:20 | #13
It was a typo. I meant Time Control on yourself, not Tick.

Timekeeper when maxed only costs 1 AP, therefore you put in what you get next turn. No more no less.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - February 18, 2014, 21:54:30.
Reason for edit : Yet again, I typo...
Thread : Guides  Preview message : #682303  Replies : 119  Views : 19151
posté February 18, 2014, 13:25:04 | #14
For almost all intents and purposes, almost all builds at this time in Wakfu (emphasis on almost) will use three out of six AP equipment slots along with statting one AP to achieve 10 AP. Cape, amulet, and weapon are the easiest to obtain, being on nearly every item in the game at high level content.

There's no harm in going 11 AP since the amount of AP you have is never static. It can very well compensate for a proc of Rollback you may have not triggered. But 10 AP is fairly typical.

I recommend leveling Temporal Prism next. The extra damage will help you more than AP storing right now. At lower APs in the lower levels, you should be focusing less on setting up the big turns and more on stacking damage to overwhelm the mobs at that level.

Sometimes I use Time Control to stack Temporal Prism faster. It really depends on how much AP I have. For example if I have 16 AP on a turn, I can Aging + Hand + Hand + Timekeeper + Timekeeper + Timekeeper and have one AP leftover to use Slow Down on an enemy on a Tock turn. Or if it's a Tick turn I'll use Time Control on myself if I know the AP is expendable after using Devotion on myself for a chance to win the AP back through Temporal Acceleration. If it succeeds it's a free 15% damage, if it doesn't it was 1 AP for 15% damage anyways.

Varies from situation from situation, but the short answer is yes. I frequently use Slow Down to speed up Temporal Prism stacks.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - February 18, 2014, 21:54:12.
Reason for edit : Whoops.
Thread : Guides  Preview message : #682121  Replies : 119  Views : 19151
posté February 18, 2014, 00:45:42 | #15

Quote (LokiGrants @ 17 February 2014 23:35) *
Mango, I got a few questions:

To achieve the 12 AP build you don't level the AP, which is kind strange. Can you give at least one example to achieve this? And one gameplay example to achieve the 20 AP on second turn?

Loving the guide so far, keep going /o/

Loki Grants

Battle begins at 33:53. Has some gameplay including my now-favorite Underhand + Aging + Hand + Hand combo (15 AP cost). In the video I do not have a leveled Underhand however, which is a mistake. There's some more Xelor gameplay in there but it was the first one I ran into.

Sources of AP:

Belt Slot - Powerful Dazzling Belt (+1 AP, Relic)
Hat Slot - Solomonk (+1 AP, Relic)
Hat Slot - Wa Wabbit's Crown (+1 AP)
Epaulettes Slot - Genetically Modified Epaulettes (+1 AP)
Boots Slot - Woboots (+1 AP)
Ring Slot - Ring of Satisfaction (+1 AP, -1 MP)
Ring Slot - Gelano (+1 AP, Relic)
Amulet Slot (+1 AP)
Weapon Slot (+1 AP)
Cape Slot (+1 AP)

Getting 6 AP items is no easy task though, which is why it's something for min/max builds. It lets you use Nettlez, a non-exotic AP item, while still retaining 12 AP.

A typical 10 AP build asks you to invest 1 AP statted while only using normal AP items (cape, weapon, amulet). That is why the normal build only demands that. For the common man who cannot acquire difficult exo AP items.

• Mango

This post has been edited by Brokonaut - February 18, 2014, 13:32:40.
Reason for edit : Forgot the video.
Thread : Guides  Preview message : #681925  Replies : 119  Views : 19151
posté February 13, 2014, 23:06:08 | #16

Quote (crystalsuicune @ 13 February 2014 13:02) *

I had a feeling I screwed up horribly here

The problem as I outlined in another query elsewhere on this thread is that before 40, there's really no gear that can compliment both air and fire. I usually advocate going mono-element until you reach the means to get some general damage equipment.

That being said there's no reason that it doesn't work. You just get more damage as mono-elemental at this stage of the game and enemies' have such low resistances that mono elemental can usually get away with any content around their level. As opposed to being blocked out of content because their main elemental doesn't agree with enemy resistances.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #680133  Replies : 119  Views : 19151
posté February 12, 2014, 20:07:32 | #17

Quote (IceeeeeD @ 12 February 2014 17:56) *

Quote (Pistrik @ 12 February 2014 17:01) *
I'm assuming the rest of the AP is either made up by gear or by constant use of timekeeper. Otherwise, I'm not sure myself.

But then the 10 AP build with 1 AP stated would 13 AP (min/max)?

Waiting Mango's answer.

Gotta type this fast, about to leave.

The 10 AP build with 1 AP statted is the most typical form of the build without any exotic AP items (no AP belt, shoulders, hat, or boots). The 12 AP min/max build shoots for the highest possible damage, and so includes these items. It'll make more sense after I compile the equipment index.

• Mango

Thread : Guides  Preview message : #679085  Replies : 119  Views : 19151
posté February 09, 2014, 20:28:30 | #18
Araknomecha triggering when anything takes damage. Character name: Estrovia
Date and time: 2/8/2014 - 2/9/2014
Map: Vampyro Dungeon
Server: Dathura

Bug description: When equipped with the Araknomecha pet, the pet has a chance to proc regardless of what takes damage on the map.
Reproducibility process: Equip the pet, go fight stuff, and have other people attack things. The pet will sometimes proc even when you're nowhere near the skirmish.

Screenshots: None on hand.

• Mango

Thread : Bug Archives  Preview message : #677301  Replies : 0  Views : 100
posté February 09, 2014, 20:13:19 | #19

Quote (Uiasdnmb @ 09 February 2014 17:24) *
Note that you can use Desynchonization as last spell in your turn to keep the same Tick or Tock state for the next turn. That way you will not be affected by any -dmg and -ap penalties, but you have to be sure you'll want Tick/Tock before your enemy even moves.

For predictability that works in return for giving up 3 AP on that turn. A condition on the spell requires you to have at least 3 AP before casting it, so that you cannot do that without incurring a penalty for subsequent uses. This strategy does work if you know for a fact you want single target or AoE damage for the next turn though, and are willing to give up the AP on your current turn to have it on the next one.

• Mango

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #677291  Replies : 6  Views : 562
posté February 09, 2014, 16:39:12 | #20

Quote (Cyten @ 09 February 2014 06:02) *
Hi, I just installed this game a couple of hours ago, it looks pretty awesome so far, very in-depth tactics and mechanics.

But, can someone explain this dual tick/tock mechanic, how do you get it to be one or the other?
I also can't get the first fire spell to bounce of anything?

Also, regarding Rogue class, I can't get the boombot to do anything, it has no abilities or attacks, it can just move a single square..

When you're on Tick, your fire spells are designed to hit a single target (or in the case of Temporal Dust, a smaller area-of-effect) and reduce initiative as a debuff, which will [very] slightly affect the time it takes for them tor each the speed bonus (dark screen, select a bonus) slower. When used in conjunction with the 2 AP air spell Aging, using fire spells will let you deal additional air damage depending on how much initiative you reduce. The amount of initiative you reduce is based on the AP cost of the skill, whether or not you score a critical hit, and whether or not you have the passive Temporal Waves leveled.

For water spells, the Tick cycle allows you to give additional AP to yourself and teammates. Target a player or yourself with the 1 AP Slow Down water spell acts as a catalyst. This player now becomes a target of the positive buff "Temporal Acceleration" which keeps track of how much AP you have given them this turn cycle, up to 5 maximum. While on Tick, the water spells Slow Down, Xelor's Sandglass, and Clock no longer remove AP from enemies, rather they have a chance to give AP to whoever the Slow Down catalyzed target is. The 3 AP skill Frostbite will always attempt to steal AP no matter Tick or Tock. Once a target reaches level 5 Temporal Acceleration, the state will then "jump" to a new ally automatically at random. The Xelor active skill Devotion can allow you to selectively give AP to yourself or allies for a cost of 1 MP each time, up to four times a turn. This active contributes to the Temporal Acceleration state, one level per use on the person you use it on.

On Tock, fire spells are designed to no longer interact with the air branch, rather become a force of destruction on their own. All fire spells gain some sort of area-of-effect to hit multiple enemies rather than just one. The 5 AP fire spell Hand will bounce to another enemy up to two cells away pending there is nothing blocking the path between them. Wareen-Peace described the bounce mechanics well in the post above me. The most important thing to know about Hand's bounce however is that it does not lose damage jumping from one target to the next, which is unique compared to Cra's Piercing Arrow or Eniripsa's Invigorating Word.

For water spells on Tock, all of the water skills now have a chance to remove AP, including the 1 AP catalyst Slow Down. You cannot give AP through water skills on the Tock cycle. Note that the 2 AP air catalyst spell Aging on Tock turns will allow you to deal additional damage based off of AP you can remove off the catalyzed enemy, instead of initiative "burning" on Tick. This effectively ties all branches of Xelor together and makes them easier to hybridize.

The Xelor active skill Desynchronization allows you to freely switch between Tick and Tock on the fly during each turn. However you can use it only once per turn, and if you use it two turns or more in a row, at max you will start to lose 3 AP on any subsequent turn you use it. Here's are some examples since it can get kind of confusing:

Example 1 (no penalty, delayed usage)
Turn 1: Normal. Do everything, it's a Tick turn always on turn one.
Turn 2: Use Desynchronization. Now instead of Tock we're back to Tick again. No AP penalty.
Turn 3: Do NOT use Desynchronization. It's a Tock turn. No AP penalty.
Turn 4: Use Desynchronization. Now instead of Tick it's a Tock turn again. No AP penalty.

Example 2 (penalized, continuous use)
Turn 1: Normal. Do everything, it's a Tick turn always on turn one.
Turn 2: Use Desynchronization. Now instead of Tock we're back to Tick again. No AP penalty.
Turn 3: Use Desynchronization again. Once again, instead of Tock we're back to Tick again. Incur a 3 AP penalty for this turn since you used Desynchronization again.
Turn 4: Use Desynchronization again. Even once more, instead of Tock we're still in Tick. Incur a 3 AP penalty for this turn since you used Desynchronization again. Note that the AP penalty DOES NOT stack up. It's always a 3 AP loss for using it subsequent turns in a row.

Desynchronization is a VERY powerful tool that will let you switch between high area-of-effect damage and high single-target burst damage on a whim. Because Xelor don't use WP for much, it's a good skill to invest in.

• Mango

Thread : Xelor  Preview message : #677233  Replies : 6  Views : 562