November 18, 2013, 16:00:00 | #1
Spring Has Sprung
- [New] Sidekicks: The new Sidekicks feature is coming to WAKFU! Entirely explained in this Devblog, it will allow you to add one or two Sidekicks to your group, counting as normal characters but under your control. Perfect for solo players and groups in urgent need of a member!
- Experience curve: It will be reevaluated especially for mid and high levels. Players will keep their level and progression percentage to reach the next level. All details can be found in this Devblog. Items level 71+ with Wisdom bonuses will have these bonuses divided by 2.
- Class revamp: Unfortunately, this revamp has to be postponed to February (there will be no update in January), but we will still give you its details in December. The reason of this delay is that we want to give more time to the Sidekick feature (the same team works on Sidekicks and class revamps). This will also give us more time to gather your feedback on the class revamp and better adapt it. This does not impact the planning for the other revamps: Feca and Pandawa will both be revamped in February.
- [New] Combat challenge system: In combat, a challenge will be offered to the players (two in dungeons). If they succeed, an XP and Prospecting bonus will be given for the fight. A couple examples: Don’t be backstabbed, End all your turns in contact with an enemy.
- Looting rules: A character dying in combat (KO) will still loot if the combat is won by his team, as long as he doesn’t leave the fight (giving up or disconnecting).
- Wisdom and Prospecting: Abilities and bonuses together, it will no longer be possible to exceed a specific value (not yet decided) in Wisdom and Prospecting regarding Loot attribution and Experience gain. Enutrofs’ PP will not be limited in combat, but will be limited during Loot attribution.
- Bow Meow family
- All members of this family will have their HP reduced by 20%
- Damages of Scrabbling (Bow Meow)have been reduced by 20%
- Their hairballs will have the same color as their fur.
- Zinit: Monsters on the boats leading there (beginning of the quest) will have their HPs and Damage lowered by 25%.
- Due to lack of time, there will be no modification applied to the quests of January and February. They will work like last year and ask you to kill monsters or explore areas, for example.
- General: Kwismas is coming! From December 10 to January 14, you will be able to visit the “World of Kwismas” from the Trool Fair, and enjoy its exclusive content. And this time, players who completed the quests in 2012 will be able to do them again! The content will be the same as last year, and a few additions:
- Upon entrance, your spells will be replaced by 4 identical spells for everyone,
- A PvP area for snowball fights,
- Gifts containing surprises to place next to Kwismas trees, and to open starting from December 25,
- 2 dungeons: Father Kwismas's Workshop & Father Kwismas's House,
- Kwismas quest line, the reward of which will be the emote “throw a snowball”,
- 5 titles, including “Father/Mother Kwismas” available in one of the quests,
- 12 Haven Bag decorations, 1 Kwismas set, 5 consumables and 3 Fairyworks,
- 5 achievements, including one asking you to throw 100 snowballs!
- The same lovely Kwismas monsters as last year,
- And more surprises like new decorations to buy at the Kwismas Island machine!
Spring Has Sprung
- General: Starting from January 27th to February 9th, you wil be able to discover the Spring Has Sprung event in Astrub! This new event, accessible to all (subscribers and non-subscribers) will include:
- A main quest
- Two environmental quests
- New decorative items
- Two costumes to get!
- Improvements: Some dialogues will be reworked for more clarity. A new reward has also been added for the main quest, new “living” areas have been added and new secrets can be discovered. If you follow the main quest, Ullu will offer you to join him to Zinit or stay and choose a Nation with the quest “Pledge Your Allegiance”. If you don’t complete the main quest, you’ll be able to choose your Nation at level 15.
- Guild of Hunters quest: It will be possible to complete the step about the Bow Meow seeds.
- Ecosystem: Due to many Haven Worlds added in this update, we will have to reset the Ecosystem of the following areas: Amakna, Bonta, Brakmar, Sufokia, Sadida Kingdom, Shhhudoku Kingdom, Forfut, Monk Island, Bilbiza, Wild Estate, Calamar Island, Wabbit Island, Kelba.
- Outposts: Will be improved with new quests (following the main quest of Astrub), the possibility to become a Guard with a side quest, new visuals for all Profession masters, the addition of places for profession masters, a new garrison on the walls (accessible in groups only), and a guard camp on the HQ of each government.
- Wild Estate
- A new Drago-Express will be added next to the Haven World to the East of the Island, to preserve the good positioning it offered before the revamp of the island.
- It will be impossible to plant cereals on the paths of the island.
- Angry Excarnates will correctly have an icon in the Timeline.
- Great Wild Gobball: Its miniature will now be the right one.
- Relic as quest reward with the Guild of Hunters: We’re considering adding a new relic as reward of a Hunting quest. The idea would be to give a long quest that would reward you with a relic. The goal of this quest would be to bring back X resources of every single boss of the game from level 1 to 100 (temporary limitation and not yet decided). This quest would be available as soon as arrival in Astrub, and give you a long term goal: obtain a relic by visiting the entire world and all its dungeons, from Shin Larva to Vampyro.
- Whirligig in the City: Will correctly ask to kill 5 Whirligig instead of 50.
- Astrub, the Beginning, First Mission, Plantar Vault & Prove Yourself Again: The compass will behave correctly.
- Environmental quests
- Pirate environmental quests at the end of the Nations have been removed. They were not adapted to the level of these areas.
- Experience gain when completing an environmental quest has been adapted to the new experience curve.
- Monsters of environmental quests have been rebalanced: their levels will match the level of the quest, the experience gain in combat has been adapted, their HP have been reduced, it will no longer be possible to harvest their seeds, they will no longer count in the balance of the ecosystem of the area.
- Presplak Costume and other old costumes: The state of the new costumes has been added to the old ones. Note that their appearance is no longer available in-game. You should acquire the new ones to have their appearance.
- New Haven Worlds: 38 Haven Worlds will be put on auctions to reach 150 Haven Worlds per server. These should be the last Haven Worlds added for now. The first 16 will be put on auctions as follows (the next ones will be announced in January):
- December 11:
- Amakna – Gobballfield
- Bonta – Kara - Windy Village
- Brakmar – Pabong Fields – North
- Sufokia – Jumpin' Jungle – Kokokobana
- December 18:
- Amakna – Singing Fields – Trouffe Estate
- Bonta – Thicket of Yurbut – North
- Brakmar - Sidimote Moors – North
- Sufokia – Jumpin’ Jungle – North
- December 25:
- Amakna – Holey Forest – Center
- Bonta – Thicket of Yurbut – Center
- Brakmar – Gnashville – Bridge
- Sufokia – Jumpin’ Jungle – South
- January 1:
- Amakna – Emelka – North
- Bonta – Thicket of Yurbut – South
- Brakmar – Gnashville – Center
- Sufokia – Steamulating Shore – South
- December 11:
- [New] Rotcere Mine: This building will give a bonus of +10 Prospecting to all guild members, and +5 Prospecting to visitors. It will require a Guild Hall level 3.
- Powerful Dazzling Belt recipe: This recipe will no longer be hidden and become visible to prevent any mistake and item loss.
- [New] Revamp: We reduced the random aspect that could be very problematic with Smithmagic. We also added many improvements. All information can be found on this Devblog.
- Smithmagic Hammer: This item will allow you to improve a rune already embedded. You will still be able to get them on the Boutique.
- [New] Smithhammer (temporary name): This item will allow you to change a support or damage rune into another one of similar level. These hammers will be available in-game as world drops (with a drop rate 10 times higher than the former hammers) or in the Boutique. Each one of them will have a type (HP, Dodge, Lock, Initiative for Support, CMC Damage for Damage) depending on the bonus they can change a rune into. Example: if you use a Smithhammer Dodge on boost with +40 HP, their bonus will change to +20 Dodge.
- Relics: Following the feedback we received on the relics drop rate, and the importance of luck, we decided to remove them as drops and replace them with relic fragments that will have a drop rate 100 times higher. To obtain a relic, you will need to combine 100 fragments. This will allow everyone to really “farm” their relic (fragments will be unique for each relic) and allow you to share them with your friends or guilds to create a relic together. Fragments should also become an important trading good for those who wish to sell them.
- Jacko & Wizard Costumes: They will be tradable.
- Snow Bow Meow & Baby Schnek pets: They will now be tradable.
- Items with Wisdom bonus: Following the revamp of the experience curve, the Wisdom bonus provided on items has had its value doubled, regarding the rules of item balancing. Therefore, we will rebalance all items offering a significant Wisdom bonus, particularly those of level 71+. They will have their Wisdom bonus divided in half, without any modification added to their other stats.
- To simplify the reading of bonuses on embedded equipment, items descriptions now include an additional tab, displayed by default, indicating all cumulated bonuses of the item and its runes.
- Inventories: You will no longer loose items when trading them with a full inventory.
- Recruitment channel: When typing in this chat, your message will no longer come with a “/r” and error message.