Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

Wild Wild Quest
Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-06-04
posté November 10, 2013, 05:45:58 | #161
What? If you can't log in you aren't fit to lead the guild anyway. A leader needs to actually be around in order to promote guild success. You can't expect a guild to remain in stasis while they wait for you to get yourself together so they can get direction. You get 45 days. 45 days that you can figure out some way to log back in. You should have a good second in command appointed anyways. This is a great change. Guilds are more than just their leader, leaders need to be around. If a leader can't be around then the guild should go to the next person. Even if you need to be gone for more than 45 days, if you were a good leader with a good second in command I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to request to be made leader again. All of these complaints about this change just sound remarkably selfish.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2012-01-05
posté November 10, 2013, 07:07:19 | #162
That's an idiotic opinion. Sure a guild leader should be active in general, bu treal life comes first and shouldn't destroy everything you beat up in Wakfu in such a short period of time.

90 days as others proposed are the way better time window here.

I personally am totally against this feature since a guild usually was founded by its leader so it is his to begin with.

The only one that sounds selfish are you btw.

Not so Hairy Moon * Member Since 2012-01-23
posté November 10, 2013, 07:20:33 | #163
Those complaints are very selfish indeed. It's a good change. What kind of leader leads by being away from the game for 45+ days?

Ecstatic Whisperer * Member Since 2012-12-15
posté November 10, 2013, 08:27:16 | #164
so what happens if people who wouldn't have bank access become guild leaders?

posté November 10, 2013, 08:49:09 | #165

Quote (HakazabaJub @ 10 November 2013 08:27) *
so what happens if people who wouldn't have bank access become guild leaders?
Common sense leads me to believe they will have access to it. IMO, what kind of guild leader only keeps access to the guild bank for himself, anyway?

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté November 10, 2013, 09:05:05 | #166

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 10 November 2013 07:20) *
Those complaints are very selfish indeed. It's a good change. What kind of leader leads by being away from the game for 45+ days?
The one that goes for a holiday for example? Never been away for more than 45 days? Well, some people do.

Squited Arachnee * Member Since 2012-03-19
posté November 10, 2013, 11:14:50 | #167
Any leader who is absent for 45 days is not leading.

Lazy Bow Meow * Member Since 2013-03-01
posté November 10, 2013, 11:30:53 | #168
I do have a question about the strange pickaxe quest. Is it doable by all levels or only starting from a specific one?

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-04-01
posté November 10, 2013, 16:03:22 | #169

Quote (TheMightyShell @ 10 November 2013 00:17) *

Quote (AngelicPorcelain @ 09 November 2013 23:05) *
and they are still going along with the stupid auto leadership change thing without adding more days at least.. well done ankama... well done..

i quit.
Its a good change. If you can't be motivated to log in once every 45 days, you can't be expected to run a guild.
Obviously this has nothing to do with motivation in logging the game or not, i think you must be missing the point and with all due respect kind sir clearly you understand nothing about real life if you can say that without considering why people disagree with this new change, even if its just for the sake of the days being too short. On Dofus it's what, at least 60 days which imo is more reasonable.

This post has been edited by AngelicPorcelain - November 10, 2013, 16:10:55.
Lord Madgobb * Member Since 2011-05-25
posté November 10, 2013, 18:09:02 | #170
If there is "right hand" who has exactly the same rights as the guild leader, then there is no point to change the leader for the sake of the name. A guild can do well without its own leader as long as there is someone second in command who has all rights needed for guild to advance. There is really no point changing things the way they are, unles all high ranked members quit playing the game, but then it would be better for remaining members to just go to other guild, instead of taking the throne of their former leader.

All we need is someone with the same rights as leader, wich is an issue in other games, but here in Wakfu we already have such posibility, so there's nothing to complain about.

Also what if someone who was new-born leader due to this system decides to disband the guild or becomes inactive/quit the game itself? It won't solve anything for that guild afterall. This feature is pointless and would only bring rage.

Soft Crackler * Member Since 2012-02-26
posté November 10, 2013, 23:37:58 | #171

Quote (Kikuihimonji @ 10 November 2013 18:09) *
A guild can do well without its own leader as long as there is someone second in command who has all rights needed for guild to advance.

I disagree. The introduction of haven worlds and the addition of a new right (manage haven world) that even "right hands" didn't have by default caused many guilds problems. Guilds who had a leader that was MIA could not bid on haven worlds.

If more rights get added, those guilds will be in a tight spot again. The chance to reclaim control of a guild from an inactive leader is a good thing, and anyone saying differently is just selfish and short-sighted.

posté November 10, 2013, 23:43:13 | #172

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 10 November 2013 09:05) *

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 10 November 2013 07:20) *
The one that goes for a holiday for example? Never been away for more than 45 days? Well, some people do.

I was away from the game for almost a year straight. If I was a guild leader, I would've passed leadership to someone else. Stop being so selfish, your guild isn't just yours.

Nun Shall Pass * Member Since 2008-01-09
posté November 10, 2013, 23:57:16 | #173
There is a differance between being away for a year and going for a holidays.

Quote (Goblin-Cleaver @ 10 November 2013 11:14) *
Any leader who is absent for 45 days is not leading.
Seriously? People take more free days from work sometimes, does that mean the boss should leave the company because he was away for more than 45 days? Nobody would mind it happening in real life but somehow its a problem in the game, lol.
Some people take games more seriously than real life.

posté November 11, 2013, 01:32:15 | #174

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 10 November 2013 23:57) *

No there is not. In the end, what others see is that you're absent and may or may not return. You're putting your guild on standby with no regards to them for when new patches happen. One of those new patches may very well bring something like what happened with Haven Worlds, where guilds with inactive leaders couldn't bid for their own HWs. How fair is this to the rest of the guild? Just because you have an attachment to that #1 rank spot, you don't care for your guild enough to do what's best for them, which is hand over your spot. If you were truly a good leader and everyone else knew, when you got back and you asked to be leader again, they'd give you back your spot with no problems. This change is great for those guilds whose leaders quit without saying anything, or "went on a holiday" and ended up being gone for longer than 45 days, or whose internet died and they haven't paid for it for 45 days...

If you truly love your guild leader spot THAT much, logging on ONCE every 45 days should not be hard at all. You can even log on while unsubbed and start the counter all over again.

Scary Polter * Member Since 2011-08-28
posté November 11, 2013, 02:12:12 | #175

Quote (SSBKewkky @ 11 November 2013 01:32) *

Quote (Rokugatsu @ 10 November 2013 23:57) *

No there is not. In the end, what others see is that you're absent and may or may not return. You're putting your guild on standby with no regards to them for when new patches happen. One of those new patches may very well bring something like what happened with Haven Worlds, where guilds with inactive leaders couldn't bid for their own HWs. How fair is this to the rest of the guild? Just because you have an attachment to that #1 rank spot, you don't care for your guild enough to do what's best for them, which is hand over your spot. If you were truly a good leader and everyone else knew, when you got back and you asked to be leader again, they'd give you back your spot with no problems. This change is great for those guilds whose leaders quit without saying anything, or "went on a holiday" and ended up being gone for longer than 45 days, or whose internet died and they haven't paid for it for 45 days...

If you truly love your guild leader spot THAT much, logging on ONCE every 45 days should not be hard at all. You can even log on while unsubbed and start the counter all over again.

I am sorry but I do not agree with you. I do agree with others who disagree too, you are just being selvish. You forget that this is just a game, and real life is always more important than a game,, if you make your game life more important than your real life, then sorry but something is really wrong with you.

What If I deserved a holiday 2 months of hard work? You know what work is right,, it's the kind of thing that most grown up people do for a LIVING!! And every human being deserves to relax a bit, without being stressed out to find a computer somewhere and login to Wakfu only to let the counter "start all over" again. That is ridiculous. By the way, logging in to wakfu is not easy at all besides your own computer, since you need to download the game in order to log in, and you don't have permission to do so in internetcafe's or libraries, or whatever.

Also, some people have to study. Some people have exams for their University etc.

Besides, you as a member should have respect towards the leader and have patience and understand that he is taking a short break from his computer/real life. All leaders work their ass off in order to make their guild work, not to mention their Haven Worlds. I am not saying he does all this on his own, but he is the one who is putting the most effort to it, he is the one who organises dungeon runs, UB runs, getting kama's for HW etc etc. And all this work goes for nothing when he decides to go to his well deserved holiday!! That is the most utter crap I have ever read.

You don't see any company taking over the leadership/Boss when the boss decides to go to holidays either.

Every human being deserves some time for himself, like I said before, real life is more important than anything else.

If you don't respect your guildleaders holiday, or the time he needs for himself as a break, than you don't deserve to be a member of that guild at all...

Thank you for reading.

This post has been edited by Karakedi - November 11, 2013, 02:26:06.
posté November 11, 2013, 02:25:53 | #176
I don't even think the "holiday" thing would be an issue on Nox since Americans don't get 6 week vacations, let alone spend them somewhere without internet and computers.

posté November 11, 2013, 02:27:35 | #177

Quote (Merriden @ 11 November 2013 02:25) *
I don't even think the "holiday" thing would be an issue on Nox since Americans don't get 6 week vacations, let alone spend them somewhere without internet and computers.

It doesnt have to be holidays, it can be a short break for 2 months, or some people have to study besides their gaming life...

posté November 11, 2013, 02:31:32 | #178

Quote (Karakedi @ 11 November 2013 02:27) *

It doesnt have to be holidays, it can be a short break for 2 months, or some people have to study besides their gaming life...

Other people have already pointed out the obvious rebuttal to that argument; log in for two seconds every 45 days. There, no more tears.

posté November 11, 2013, 02:43:56 | #179

Quote (Merriden @ 11 November 2013 02:31) *

Quote (Karakedi @ 11 November 2013 02:27) *

Other people have already pointed out the obvious rebuttal to that argument; log in for two seconds every 45 days. There, no more tears.

Have you even bothered to read my long text above at all? I guess not, so let me quote it here again;

"By the way, logging in to wakfu is not easy at all besides your own computer, since you need to download the game in order to log in, and you don't have permission to do so in internetcafe's or libraries, or whatever"

There, read everything before making non logical arguments please!!

PS: Also the world doesn't only exists out of America, there are other countries too you know. And there are other servers too, not only Nox...

This post has been edited by Karakedi - November 11, 2013, 02:59:45.
posté November 11, 2013, 03:00:36 | #180

Quote (Karakedi @ 11 November 2013 02:43) *

Quote (Merriden @ 11 November 2013 02:31) *

Have you even bothered to read my long text above at all? I guess not, so let me quote it here again;

"By the way, logging in to wakfu is not easy at all besides your own computer, since you need to download the game in order to log in, and you don't have permission to do so in internetcafe's or libraries, or whatever"

There, read everything before making non logical arguments please!!

Actually, I was responding to you saying "It doesnt have to be holidays, it can be a short break for 2 months, or some people have to study besides their gaming life..." This implies that you're at home with a functioning computer, but just decide to not play Wakfu for a while. If that's the case, then it's still not a problem to log in for a moment to refresh the countdown timer, as I said.

I can counter every situation that you describe with a reasonable solution. If you want to stack all your reasons, ie: "My computer broke for months and I had no access to another one because I was on holiday in Antarctica with no internet studying for college and had no money to fix it and I didn't feel like playing for a couple months since I have a life you nerd" then I'll reply that while such an improbable situation would be unfortunate for YOU, it still would not justify cancelling this change which WILL benefit many other players and guilds across all servers, present and future.

If not losing your rank as guild leader means anything to you, then put in the bare minimum of effort to keep it, despite the mild inconveniences that you might encounter from time to time. Don't tell people who have inactive guild leaders that they have to abandon their guild and all the months of effort they put into it just because you are irrationally scared that you might sabotage your own efforts by not even logging on once in 45 days.