Back to www.wakfu.com

No flash

Forum

Hotfix for 1.25 - 03.07.2013
Tofurby on Diet * Member Since 2012-09-07
posté July 03, 2013, 16:15:33 | #21
i have contact troyle 2 time in private 1 time eskarina in private make post in section bug and in general (whit screenshoot) and contact 10 days ago support and no have reply ....sorry but is incredible situation
Yesterday troyle tell today fixing problem at boss but in changelog no write fix :S

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2006-03-12
posté July 03, 2013, 16:16:23 | #22

Quote (bimbocrazy @ 03 July 2013 15:47) *
ok but for info at who we ask? troyle? support? who? players need info for problem and bug (game)
Troyle - yes, he's our guy to report any problems, suggestions to the Devs.
But don't PM him like hell! He has other things to do too...
As [MOD]O-Respeitador already wrote, there is a section for reporting bugs at the forum.

Support - if there is a problem that only affects your account.
There are no Devs working at the Support.

Quote (bimbocrazy @ 03 July 2013 16:15) *
Yesterday troyle tell today fixing problem at boss but in changelog no write fix :S
Not all bugs can be fixed in a day.
First you have to reproduce the bug, so you can learn how to trigger it.
Then you have to find it in the code, which can take really long.
After that you can fix the bug.
Before publishing the fix you need to test the changed part in the game in any thinkable (and even unthinkable) ways.

You might compare it with fixing a bicycle tube... to glue the patch on the hole is only a small part of the whole process.

This post has been edited by dura-cell - July 03, 2013, 16:33:34.
Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2011-08-24
posté July 03, 2013, 18:05:21 | #23

Quote (dura-cell @ 03 July 2013 16:16) *

You might compare it with fixing a bicycle tube... to glue the patch on the hole is only a small part of the whole process.
Really bad example, though I suppose that's the best way to get to the people who have no understanding of how programming works.

Hell, I've had 1 course in it, totalling about 50 hours. And I know bugger all about programming. All I know is, in a game like Wakfu, you likely have thousands of coding, and finding the exact code that is causing issues can be ridiculously hard.

A Bicycle tube requires you submerge it in water, bam, there's the whole. You cannot just search for the problem, because the program have no way of knowing where the coding issue is. You might know which section you are working with, but that can still be hundreds of lines of coding, that you have to read through in order to figure out where things went wrong.

And sometimes, that's not even the issue - Sometimes, it's not the coding itself - It could be a completely different code, in an entirely different section of the entire program, that is causing conflicts to arise.

I don't know what I'm talking about, no: I've only fiddled with very basic programming, but even I know that this is a far more complicated thing than just patching up tire. Incomparable in everything but the name.

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2006-03-12
posté July 03, 2013, 18:31:07 | #24

Quote (ShinWikiweru @ 03 July 2013 18:05) *

Quote (dura-cell @ 03 July 2013 16:16) *
Really bad example, though I suppose that's the best way to get to the people who have no understanding of how programming works.
Sorry, it was the first image that came to my mind

Maybe I'm just bad at finding holes in tubes  

Eccentric Moogrr * Member Since 2012-02-23
posté July 03, 2013, 19:45:42 | #25

i have contact troyle 2 time in private 1 time eskarina in private make post in section bug and in general (whit screenshoot) and contact 10 days ago support and no have reply ....sorry but is incredible situation

I've read this type of post all too often.
"Why they haven't fixed your bug (and why you're a moron for asking)": Click here

Bellaphone Lover * Member Since 2012-06-12
posté July 04, 2013, 08:12:14 | #26

Quote (Rimali @ 03 July 2013 19:45) *

I've read this type of post all too often.
"Why they haven't fixed your bug (and why you're a moron for asking)": Click here

How dare players be upset and complain that bugs aren't being fixed. How. Dare. They.

Overweighted Chafer * Member Since 2012-01-24
posté July 04, 2013, 09:24:11 | #27

Quote (bimbocrazy @ 03 July 2013 12:54) *
I think Ankama correct bugs as she wants and not according to the needs and priorities of ........ ..... customers who pay every month to play a game with so many problems and especially the moderators do not even give an answer to our questions

please at least answer our questions
You get what you pay for, and the quality of goods and services increases as the prices increase. I pay 6 dollars a month I cant really expect more. If you don't like what your paying for don't pay for it.

~Stormed

This post has been edited by Thejordand - July 04, 2013, 09:24:32.